Photo

Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#301 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:08 AM

My bet is that your Windows programming language is causing the above problem, as it translates the "/" as the Y with the two horizontal lines. It's no wonder the install fails as it needs to read those marks to find the translation for the above strings.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#302 Slant

Slant
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:38 AM

My bet is that your Windows programming language is causing the above problem, as it translates the "/" as the Y with the two horizontal lines. It's no wonder the install fails as it needs to read those marks to find the translation for the above strings.

Any idea how I can/should deal with it?

Edit: This hasn't happened when I've installed mods before like aTweaks, Unfinished Business and BG2 Tweak Pack. I don't know why this one would be any different.

What OS do you using Chinese Windows?

64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited by Slant, 03 February 2016 - 02:43 AM.

#303 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:34 PM

I installed this mod after a BWS install. IT used to work without BWS but now it is giving an error.

It allows me to create a Kensai Mage Assassin multikit. But when I try to install the kit I get this.

"Appending to files column-wise...

Cannot append to column-wise because there are 9 lines in the clabma01.2da but I was only given 7 things ot append."

Stopping installation because of error...

I tried it with v0.24 and v0.27.2 (ı overwritten the files I found on v0.27.2 archive with v0.24).

Any help would be appreciated. :(

Edit: After cheking out the error I searched BG2 game folder for the "clabma01.2da" file and I found some files. I put these files in a zip file and the link is below:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by ranafuineluva, 08 February 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#304 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

Edit: After cheking out the error I searched BG2 game folder for the "clabma01.2da" file and I found some files. I put these files in a zip file and the link is below:
The only file that has anything to do is either the file in the override folder, or the file in the Generalized_biffing/backup/0/prob/<a number>/ --- or something close to that, as it's the backup that the mod makes ... the file is not likely bad, it just doesn't have the EXCLUDED_BY ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT-variables in it like the good old file had and the mod expect it to...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#305 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:14 PM

The only file that has anything to do is either the file in the override folder, or the file in the Generalized_biffing/backup/0/prob/<a number>/ --- or something close to that, as it's the backup that the mod makes ... the file is not likely bad, it just doesn't have the EXCLUDED_BY ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT-variables in it like the good old file had and the mod expect it to...

I searched for "EXCLUDED_BY ALIGNMENT_RESTRICT" to BG2 game folder to no avail.

#306 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Does it work if you put the attached CLABMA01.2da in your override folder?

Attached Files

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#307 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

First of all, the Windows is an idiot when it comes to a text files that are not ending with .doc, .txt etc, so you can't use the default Windows search ... and second of all, I just told you that you wouldn't have that section in the file, so... try what agb1 just posted, when you extract that file. Or course there's dozens of mods that can edit the file, so it's not the perfect fix for every situation, but it's an experiment.

#308 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

First of all, the Windows is an idiot when it comes to a text files that are not ending with .doc, .txt etc, so you can't use the default Windows search ... and second of all, I just told you that you wouldn't have that section in the file, so... try what agb1 just posted, when you extract that file. Or course there's dozens of mods that can edit the file, so it's not the perfect fix for every situation, but it's an experiment.

@rThe Imp

Thx. I use a program called Search Everything for the search. I Know what you mean with windows search. I tried but could not find.

#309 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:37 AM

Does it work if you put the attached CLABMA01.2da in your override folder?

Thx. It made it pass the previous error :D But still couldnt finish the install becaus of another error.

Here is a screenie of the error.

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

#310 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

What version of WeiDU are you using?  (Should be printed at the top when you run the setup command.)  Expect to see 23800.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#311 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:00 AM

What version of WeiDU are you using?  (Should be printed at the top when you run the setup command.)  Expect to see 23800.

#312 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:06 AM

Download the latest stable WeiDU here:  http://www.weidu.org...Windows-238.zip

Rename the WeiDU.exe from the zip to setup-m7multikit.exe and replace the one in your game folder.  Then try again.

#313 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

Download the latest stable WeiDU here:  http://www.weidu.org...Windows-238.zip

Rename the WeiDU.exe from the zip to setup-m7multikit.exe and replace the one in your game folder.  Then try again.

Bless you :D It worked. :D

Edited by ranafuineluva, 09 February 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#314 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

Did that work for you?

#315 ranafuineluva

ranafuineluva
  • 36 posts

Donator

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:27 AM

Did that work for you?

Worked like a charm :D  Thx again :D

#316 -Stan Schrader Jr-

-Stan Schrader Jr-

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:07 PM

I'm no mod expert but I use a bunch of them.  I like to play old D&D Deities and Demigod hero's, Galahad, Merlin, etc.  Many  of them have unique combinations of classes, e.g., King Arthur is a 14th Level Paladin/5th Level Bard or Merlin is a 14th Level Druid/10th Level Mage/5th Level Illusionist.   

Anyway, this mod is going to be the answer to a lot of issues in that regard...when it's ready.  So far, I've had to settle, e.g., I'm playing Merlin with the Druidic-Sorcerer kit (also found on SHS).  

I'm afraid to mess around this yet b/c it just took me three days to install BGT so I'd hate to goof up all that work but I'll be following.  

Charlestonian Knight Templar

#317 -Stan Schrader Jr-

-Stan Schrader Jr-

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

Which reminds me...is this mod compatible with Baldur's Gate Trilogy?

#318 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Which reminds me...is this mod compatible with Baldur's Gate Trilogy?

Yes.

Now if it took 3 day to install a BGT-weidu game, assuming you can read readme files, it's likely that you installed some other mods... the MMBM should be compatible with many mods, but it can also error out for some of them, and there's other reasons also. Just use the latest version of this mod, it should be this, and read a few pages back of this thread, you'll notice the one fix about the ALIGNMENT in the one .2da file... that is supposed to be read, but some mods remove it.

#319 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

Hey there, tried to install this for BGT. Got an error during installation:

ERROR: Failure("resource [SPWI122.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
Core Multikit Files (Multiclass Multikits (pre-release)) was not installed due to errors.

Attached debug file below.

Edited by Lithesis, 14 July 2016 - 06:40 AM.

#320 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:39 AM

double, please delete

Attached Files

Edited by Lithesis, 14 July 2016 - 06:41 AM.