Multiclassed Multikit Builder Mod [experimental]

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#341 Lithesis

Lithesis
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

@Crevs Daak

Finally I installed it successfully! Thank you for updating it :)

Although when I choose option to generate (and edit if needed) HLA table I didn't get the opportunity to actually edit the table. I thought thiefs and mages have a lot of HLAs and combined it will be too many for a single table.

Attached debug If you want to take a look.

Attached Files

Edited by Lithesis, 04 December 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#342 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

@Lithesis nope, they have exactly 19 (10 Thief, 9 Mage) so less than the maximum of 24 (only for vanilla, I should remove the limit on EE or set it to 25).

The warning about it not being a Thief multikit when performing the EE kit-extensions bothers me but my eyes hurt so I'm off to sleep now, but I'll look into that tomorrow, besides it still patched the Thief-only files so there's nothing to worry about (well, maybe not with the correct data, but we'll see tomorrow).

#343 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:45 AM

OK, fixed the warning and another issue that prevented the installation of the mod on certain multikits. v0.27.7 is here.

https://github.com/C...ses/tag/v0.27.7

http://forums.pocket...ic,29577.0.html

#344 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 11:34 AM

Windows version... for the spoiled ch1ldr3n of choas..

Attached Files

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#345 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:52 PM

@ALIEN it happens according to what the 2da table is like. I'll fix it asap but it's really hard.

#346 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

Why script that activate mod in game is all of sudden named "crown of lies" and in description of it it says "crown of lies cornugon's revenge +2" and after activating script my character say: "(placeholder) Story ring"

#347 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

Why script that activate mod in game is all of sudden named "crown of lies" and in description of it it says "crown of lies cornugon's revenge +2" and after activating script my character say: "(placeholder) Story ring"

Forgot to add it is BG EE + SOD latest versions

#348 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

#349 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:53 AM

#350 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Have you installed the ScottBrooks modmerge (mod/tool) to the game ? If you have not, you really should as the SoD install's text only refers to the dialog.tlk file in the .zip-ed file in the DLC folder(or so I heard, in the steam version, in the GoG game, it's somewhere else, but still essentially it's the same thing, the modmerge needs to be installed on top of a clean BGEE+SoD game), so the games text are altered by mods installs and so they can be read as they are intended and not given a free string that refers to the new strings added by the DLCs introduction to the game.

Edited by The Imp, 11 January 2017 - 11:58 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#351 -Piter-

-Piter-

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:49 AM

Of course I didn't... Thanks ;)

#352 -Mr.W-

-Mr.W-

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

Hi. I recently Installed EET using BigWorldSetup (fantastic tool) I did it two times. First time I installed multikit builder but during BWS install I could only create kits and could not install them then and after installation m7multikitsetup didn't do anything (it is just black window.. no text). Second time I made installation without multikit builder but I wonder is there any proper way to install this mod during BWS or after it?

#353 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 11:33 PM

Hi. I recently Installed EET using BigWorldSetup (fantastic tool) I did it two times. First time I installed multikit builder but during BWS install I could only create kits and could not install them then and after installation m7multikitsetup didn't do anything (it is just black window.. no text). Second time I made installation without multikit builder but I wonder is there any proper way to install this mod during BWS or after it?

You'll have to provide me with the debug file if you want me to be able to do anything. Also, the executable should be named setup-m7multikit.exe, won't work otherwise.

#354 -Mr.W-

-Mr.W-

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:20 AM

I just figured it out. It should be installed by BWS and during installation there is moment for creating multikits but they can be installed only after BWS by running m7multikit.exe. There is just like 10-15 seconds delay when running m7multikit.exe before it starts doing anything because of enormous size of game folder after BWS.  m7multikitsetup was just my error writing post sorry ;)

I will provide You with debug files for EET but first I would like to ask You to check something else. I just tried to create F/M/T on fresh BG2EE install.  No mods, latest version. Ken/Normal Mage/Swash doesn't install because of known error with clab:

"Cannot append column-wise because there are 13 lines in clabfi01.2da but I was only given 11 things to append" (removing xp cap would help I think)

Ken/Ilusionist/Swash install no problem. Kit is given in game no problem. I level up... no thief points to invest in skills.. i level up again... nothing..

Everything other then thief skill points seems to work however.

#355 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:28 AM

This is likely because the mod is not made to edit the EE specific skillpoint table the game now uses. And you couldn't either select the kit from the kit tables ... but that's not a problem in this mod as it's given by a script that can by pass the games ruleset....
To fix that, the mod needs to add the use of this:

So if the made kit contains a thief, it needs at least these lines:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = <---- set the user defined value
    thiefskl = ~40 20~ <-- for example
END

Edited by The Imp, 19 January 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#356 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

This is likely because the mod is not made to edit the EE specific skillpoint table the game now uses. And you couldn't either select the kit from the kit tables ... but that's not a problem in this mod as it's given by a script that can by pass the games ruleset....
To fix that, the mod needs to add the use of this:

So if the made kit contains a thief, it needs at least these lines:
LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = <---- set the user defined value
    thiefskl = ~40 20~ <-- for example
END

Imp, remember I wrote the tutorial on how to use that library. Also, it does, or at least it should, since I probably broke the function last time I fixed something (dammit!). I'll look into it.
I will provide You with debug files for EET but first I would like to ask You to check something else. I just tried to create F/M/T on fresh BG2EE install.  No mods, latest version. Ken/Normal Mage/Swash doesn't install because of known error with clab:
"Cannot append column-wise because there are 13 lines in clabfi01.2da but I was only given 11 things to append" (removing xp cap would help I think)
Ken/Ilusionist/Swash install no problem. Kit is given in game no problem. I level up... no thief points to invest in skills.. i level up again... nothing..

The "Cannot append column-wise" bug is on my to-do list. Fixing it is hard, but I'll get around it.

#357 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Sup everyone! New version because I fixed everything (that wasn't either impossible or worthless). https://github.com/C...ses/tag/v0.27.8
For the list of changes look at the readme, there's a link to it in the link above. If you need to download WeiDU, there are links in the previous page. I'm too lazy and hungry right now.

#358 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

For the ease of PC users, I have uploaded of the v0.27.8 with included weidu.exe(v240.00) directly to this post. All credits go still to Chevs Daak of course.
Attached File  m7multikit-0.27.8.zip   1.43MB   194 downloads

#359 -Nameless-

-Nameless-

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

I'm trying to use this with BG2EE v2.3 and it appears to work, except I don't ever receive HLAs. I tried Kensai-Mage-Assassin and Wizard Slayer-Mage-Swashbuckler and both have the same behavior. Removing the multi-kit before level up allows picking HLAs as normal. I have no other mods installed. Any ideas?

#360 Crevs Daak

Crevs Daak

me orc duh duh

• 88 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Fixed. Thanks.

DL link
Get WeiDU from http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/

Edited by Crevs Daak, 25 March 2017 - 03:38 PM.