• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:50 AM

I conjured some skeletons with Branwen.

Well, everything worked, the skeletons work as every skeleton should, but they don't actually look like skeletons :lol: :wacko: :lol: ...

It only happens with the skeletons I conjure; why? and moreover, where the hell does that red ghoul come from :wacko: ?!?

skeleton_bug.jpg

weidu.log
Spoiler

edit: title changed

Edited by Turambar, 05 August 2010 - 12:05 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

I don't know, but I highly doubt it's one of ours. It looks like a Rogue Rebalancing "Distinctive Creature Colouring" sort of thing, because that's what those effect do (cause glow in the dark or dark in the shadows to animations). I'm not blaming RR because I don't know - other mods use the colouring effects too. Could be a maurezhi but I don't know why Animate Dead would be summoning those since they're fiends, not really undead. IA's maurezhi are a lot more subtle - they're greyish with minor reddish tones (not glow-in-the-dark).

If you want to troubleshoot more, look at the animate dead spell (or whatever spell you were casting) in an editor like DLTCEP, see which creature it's conjuring, then look at the creature's animation and effects, and change-log that creature too see which mod did it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:03 AM

I don't know, but I highly doubt it's one of ours. It looks like a Rogue Rebalancing "Distinctive Creature Colouring" sort of thing, because that's what those effect do (cause glow in the dark or dark in the shadows to animations). I'm not blaming RR because I don't know - other mods use the colouring effects too. Could be a maurezhi but I don't know why Animate Dead would be summoning those since they're fiends, not really undead. IA's maurezhi are a lot more subtle - they're greyish with minor reddish tones (not glow-in-the-dark).

If you want to troubleshoot more, look at the animate dead spell (or whatever spell you were casting) in an editor like DLTCEP, see which creature it's conjuring, then look at the creature's animation and effects, and change-log that creature too see which mod did it.

I looked at the spell with NI; it didn't directly call a creature, but it called the spandead.eff file, whose change-log is empty.

The spandead.cre file creates a ghastsu.cre, whose change-log is:

Mods affecting GHASTSU.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 6 3 // Correzioni principali in fase BETA (leggere il readme prima di installare questa componente!): v9.01
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 400 // Distinctive Undead: v5

Finally, the change-log of the animate dead spell is

Mods affecting SPPR301.SPL:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ 6 0 // BG2 Fixpack - Correzioni principali: v9.01

I don't know if it's right that this spell generates a ghastsu.cre; anyway, I will attach it, as it is quite an odd creature.

Its name is ghastsu.cre, so, it should be a ghast; its race and class are skeleton, though.

It uses a ghast animation (GHAST - 30466): it's a mixture between a ghast and a skeleton.
I don't know what this creature is like in the original game; could someone see what the spell does in the original game, what creature appears and what it is like?

Attached Files

Edited by Turambar, 08 July 2010 - 01:27 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#4 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:22 AM

spandead.cre file, whose change-log is empty

The reason you're not getting anything is because it's spandead.eff.

#5 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:27 AM

spandead.cre file, whose change-log is empty

The reason you're not getting anything is because it's spandead.eff.

I only misspelled it here, the change-log is right:

Mods affecting SPANDEAD.EFF:

Edited by Turambar, 12 November 2010 - 09:27 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hmm. On my BWP install, ghastsu.cre is in fact a ghast, thanks to Ascension-Turnabout which overwrites the vanilla creature. On another install, BP overwrites it again (with a skeleton) though it has no real reason to do that because it's not changing anything substantial (just the XP value I think).

The glowing red effect comes from the ring99.itm the creature is wearing, which has a Colour: Change by RGB for its "major colour." I think this makes the skeleton's eyes glow bright red, but for an unpaletted creature like a ghast it makes the whole creature glow.

Anyway, IA doesn't really need to patch this creature at all, at least not as a ghast, since it's typically a skeleton despite its resource name. What I could do perhaps is change the summoned skeleton (if it's a skeleton) from that metallic green to an off-white like other skeletons. If you change the animation back to a skeleton (0x6403) do you get that same ugly colour (the one on the right)?
skelsu.gif

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

Hmm. On my BWP install, ghastsu.cre is in fact a ghast, thanks to Ascension-Turnabout which overwrites the vanilla creature. On another install, BP overwrites it again (with a skeleton) though it has no real reason to do that because it's not changing anything substantial (just the XP value I think).

The glowing red effect comes from the ring99.itm the creature is wearing, which has a Colour: Change by RGB for its "major colour." I think this makes the skeleton's eyes glow bright red, but for an unpaletted creature like a ghast it makes the whole creature glow.

Anyway, IA doesn't really need to patch this creature at all, at least not as a ghast, since it's typically a skeleton despite its resource name. What I could do perhaps is change the summoned skeleton (if it's a skeleton) from that metallic green to an off-white like other skeletons. If you change the animation back to a skeleton (0x6403) do you get that same ugly colour (the one on the right)?
skelsu.gif

I've edited it with NI (skeleton, 25603)and yes, I got exactly that green animation

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:50 AM

I've edited it with NI (skeleton, 25603)and yes, I got exactly that green animation

Ok, well you can change the "skin colour" field (at 0x2f) from 7-metallic green to 105-off white to get it to look more like a real skeleton.

#9 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

Ok, well you can change the "skin colour" field (at 0x2f) from 7-metallic green to 105-off white to get it to look more like a real skeleton.

I've met another glowing undead; this time it's Icharyd (bg1, Ulcaster). With IA, he gets the barrow wight animation.

Hi wears RING99 , which is the same that skeletons have, and which causes the glow.
Giving him RING95 (which is the one that skeleton warriors have, in bgII , is similar to RING99 but doesn't make them glow) apparently fixed it.

Still, looking at the change-log and at the backup files, I've noticed that, apparently, IA changed it from a skeleton warrior to a ghoul:

Mods affecting ICHARY.CRE:
00000: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ 5 0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Principale: 1.09 (8 May 10)
00001: /* from game biffs */ ~SETUP-BGTTWEAK.TP2~ 4 2400 // Gli oggetti dei nemici si frantumano: 9 (31 Dec 09)
00002: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 0 // Aurora's Shoes and Boots: v5
00003: ~AURORA/SETUP-AURORA.TP2~ 0 410 // Realistic random treasures -> Only intelligent creatures get random scrolls: v5
00004: ~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ 0 400 // Distinctive Undead: v5

I looked at the 00002 , 00003 and 00004 bakup files and they were all skeleton warriors with skeleton animation. What turned it into a ghast?

edit: Also skeleton lords (skellord.cre) from dsotsc glow red in the dark; they have the skeletonA animation but the normal skeleton's ring.

it also happens with bgi skeleton warriors (bgskelwa.cre).

It happens both if you install the skeletonA or the barrow wight animation; I think the skeleton component would cause bgii skeleton warriors not to have glowing eyes

I'll have to check if the two rings are the same, a part from the glow; anyway, I think it could be useful to change the .tp2 in the next version, so that, when it changes any undead, it can check what ring these creatures have, and change it if it's the wrong one for the new animation, in order to avoid glowing problems.

Edited by Turambar, 10 August 2010 - 01:53 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#10 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:31 PM

I've met another glowing undead; this time it's Icharyd (bg1, Ulcaster). With IA, he gets the barrow wight animation....

I looked at the 00002 , 00003 and 00004 bakup files and they were all skeleton warriors with skeleton animation. What turned it into a ghast?

I think you mean IWD barrow wight, which looks like an armoured skeleton (which is what you said first).

I'll have to check if the two rings are the same, a part from the glow; anyway, I think it could be useful to change the .tp2 in the next version, so that, when it changes any undead, it can check what ring these creatures have, and change it if it's the wrong one for the new animation, in order to avoid glowing problems.

There are slight differences I think, but I could clone the original and remove the glow effect if we give the creatures a different (non-skeleton) animation. It's only used on skeletons for the glowing eyes, but it makes non-paletted creatures glow completely.

#11 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:26 AM

What turned it into a ghast?

I think you mean IWD barrow wight, which looks like an armoured skeleton (which is what you said first).

The animation was barrow wight, but the race and class were ghast...

There are slight differences I think, but I could clone the original and remove the glow effect if we give the creatures a different (non-skeleton) animation. It's only used on skeletons for the glowing eyes, but it makes non-paletted creatures glow completely.

Yes, I think that would be useful. The problem is mostly with the skeleton warrior component:
with BGT, bgskelwa (and all DSOTSC skeleton warriors) have the skeleton animation and ring, and all other skeleton warriors have skeletonA animation.

the IA component gives them all the same animation, which can be skeleton (which needs the glowing-ring, and if you chose that sub-component they should all receive that) or IWD barrow wight or skeletonA (which mustn't have it, so you have to correct the other skeletons).

I also think they should all (BGI, DSOTSC and BGII) have the same ring, as they are all skeleton warriors... maybe that's not IA's duty, but I don't know whose duty it is; maybe it could be added to bgttweaks, by giving a glowing ring95 to bgskelwa or a not glowing ring99 to bgii skeleton warriors (and IA should then also check if that has been changed: I would suggest to check which ring's already there (95, 99 or an already modified one), if that causes glow, if the creature has to glow).

What would be the tp2 code to change the ring a creature is wearing or remove the existing ring and give him a completely new one, which I've just copied into the override folder? (I don't know if it's the same, or if one way is better)

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#12 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

What would be the tp2 code to change the ring a creature is wearing or remove the existing ring and give him a completely new one, which I've just copied into the override folder? (I don't know if it's the same, or if one way is better)

To change it, just use a REPLACE_CRE_ITEM, though it's a bit safer to use REMOVE_CRE_ITEM ~item~ and then an ADD_CRE_ITEM, since with rings it can be on either hand so you don't know the exact slot for the REPLACE (with REMOVE you don't need to). Check the existing IA tp2 for examples as I think we do a bit of this where necessary for animation consistency (or if not in the main tp2 then in the lib .tpa/.tpp files). I'll check into it once I've got IA fully installed on one of my machines (it's lurking somewhere on a backup drive right now). But if you want to post some specific changes in the meantime, please do.

As for making Icharyd a "ghast", I doubt it's IA, or if it was, it wasn't intentional. He's clearly a skeletal being of some sort (talks of getting "flesh" to cover his "bones"; the PC addresses him rather ineptly as a "wraith" which would have neither one nor the other :D).

#13 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:35 AM

As for making Icharyd a "ghast", I doubt it's IA, or if it was, it wasn't intentional. He's clearly a skeletal being of some sort (talks of getting "flesh" to cover his "bones"; the PC addresses him rather ineptly as a "wraith" which would have neither one nor the other :D).

well, here's where he gets 'ghasted', i think

ACTION_FOR_EACH nb IN ~0xyhdg~ ~bw05skw1~ ~bw05skw2~ ~cbzomb02~ ~cbzombd2~ ~decre#04~ ~dreadx~ ~%tsu%ichary~ ~%tsk%nightsk~ ~mintskel~ ~skelbadx~ ~trskind1~ ~trskind2~ ~zombigu1~ ~zombigua~ BEGIN

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%nb%.cre~ BEGIN //Barrow Wights

COPY_EXISTING ~%nb%.cre~ ~override~

PATCH_INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/fj_cre_validity.tpp~

PATCH_IF vl BEGIN

PATCH_INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/fj_cre_reindex.tpp~

WRITE_SHORT 0x28 0x528e //Animation (wight_barrow)

WRITE_BYTE 0x271 4 //General (undead)

WRITE_BYTE 0x272 108 //Race (ghoul)

WRITE_BYTE 0x273 118 //Class (ghoul_ghast)

END

BUT_ONLY

END

END

there are some other creatures which do not appear to be ghasts here... what are those other creatures?

I've started working (but I can't test it yet, I will soon) with the problem in the first post (summoned skeletons and ghasts; ghastsu which is a skeleton): I've changed

ACTION_FOR_EACH nb IN ~bhghoul2~ ~%tsu%ghast~ ~ghast01~ ~%tsu%ghastd~ ~%tsu%ghasts~ ~ghastsu~ ~gmayor~ ~%tsu%grael~ ~gron~ ~nevm3~ ~%tsu%sewerf3~ ~xghast1~ BEGIN

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%nb%.cre~ BEGIN //Ghasts

PATCH_IF vl BEGIN

WRITE_SHORT 0x28 0x7702 //Animation (ghoul_ghast)

WRITE_BYTE 0x237 1 //Sex (male)

READ_BYTE 0x275 gd //Gender

PATCH_IF gd != 6 BEGIN //If not summoned

WRITE_BYTE 0x275 4 //neither

END

END

BUT_ONLY

END

END

with

ACTION_FOR_EACH nb IN ~bhghoul2~ ~%tsu%ghast~ ~ghast01~ ~%tsu%ghastd~ ~%tsu%ghasts~ ~ghastsu~ ~gmayor~ ~%tsu%grael~ ~gron~ ~nevm3~ ~%tsu%sewerf3~ ~xghast1~ BEGIN

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~%nb%.cre~ BEGIN //Ghasts

PATCH_IF vl BEGIN

//correzione
READ_BYTE 0x272 corrrc //Race (ghoul?)
PATCH_IF corrrc = 115 BEGIN //Race (skeleton)
WRITE_SHORT 0x28 0x6403 //Animation (skeleton)
END ELSE BEGIN

END

//end_correction
WRITE_BYTE 0x237 1 //Sex (male)

READ_BYTE 0x275 gd //Gender

PATCH_IF gd != 6 BEGIN //If not summoned

WRITE_BYTE 0x275 4 //neither

END

END

BUT_ONLY

END

END

they will still be greenish but at least they'll be skeletons

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#14 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Well the race/class is mainly there to determine if they can be turned by clerics (skeletons should be easy, skeleton warriors should not be turnable at all according to PnP). Otherwise it's just there for consistency (if they're supposed to be ghasts, they should be labeled as such) or else we should not be touching race/class. I think I removed Icharyd from that routine a while back locally but I'll double-check when I get IA installed again.

#15 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:59 AM

Doesn't GENERAL of 4 (UNDEAD) determine whether it can be turned?

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#16 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:05 AM

This should also make the ghastsu skeleton white, if I've understood how it works...

//corrected
READ_BYTE 0x272 corrrc //Race (ghoul?)
PATCH_IF corrrc = 115 BEGIN //Race (skeleton) (ghastsu can actually be summoned skeletons)
WRITE_SHORT 0x28 0x6403 //Animation (skeleton)
READ_BYTE 0x2f ccol //colour
PATCH_IF ccol = 7 BEGIN //metallic green?
WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 105 //turn it white
END

END ELSE BEGIN

END
//end_correction

I tried to write some code to make the two extra rings.

edit: apparently, it works; I've put it quite at the beginning, for example near the yuan-ti SET_STRING

//Correction: Create unglowing ring99 and glowing ring95
ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ring95.itm THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~ring95.itm~ ~override/ringg95.itm~ //glowing version of the ring
PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // file size sanity check (filters out 0 byte files i.e. ALLOW_MISSING)
SET opcode = "8" // set colorglow solid
SET target = "1" //self
SET timing = "2" // while equipped
SET parameter1 = "0" //unknown
SET parameter2 = "2" // Major Color
SET power = "0" // power: 0
SET resist_dispel = "0" // dispel/resistance: 0 (non-magical)
SET duration = "0" // duration: 0
SET probability1 = "100" // probability1: 100%
SET probability2 = "0" // probability2: 0%
SET dicenumber = "0" // dicenumber: 0
SET dicesize = "0" // dicesize: 0
SET savingthrow = "0" // saving throw type: 0 (none)
SET savebonus = "0"
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT~ //makes it glow
READ_LONG 0x6a slotn
READ_SHORT %slotn% effname
//PATCH_PRINT ~%effname%~
PATCH_IF effname = 8 BEGIN
WRITE_BYTE (%slotn% + 0x05) 0xc8 //0x77 //color of the glowing effect
END ELSE BEGIN
PATCH_PRINT @20000 // Impossible to set glow color
END
END
END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ring99.itm THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~ring99.itm~ ~override/ringn99.itm~
PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) THEN BEGIN // file size sanity check (filters out 0 byte files i.e. ALLOW_MISSING)
SET opcode_to_delete = "8"
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~DELETE_ITEM_EQEFFECT~ //remove glow
END
END
//end correction

I've changed the existing ones and added the effects for compatibility; for example, atweaks changes them, so this has to be installed later.

Edited by Turambar, 24 August 2010 - 01:34 PM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#17 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

Doesn't GENERAL of 4 (UNDEAD) determine whether it can be turned?

I think so, but it must use some other field like race or class to determine the difficulty. That's probably hardcoded somewhere rather than in a .2da or .ids unfortunately (last I checked). I think I chose "ghast" for the barrow wights, since there is no wight race. Even if we added a custom one, the .exe would have to account for it.) Actual skeleton warriors should probably be set to "monster." Maybe this is a bit beyond the scope of IA, but should something like Icharyd be turnable as a normal skeleton, unturnable like a skeleton warrior, or something in between like a wight? I don't think he's really a full-fledged skeleton warrior (would probably be too hard that early), nor just a normal skeleton (too easy).

Note that the barrow wight animation is used in two separate optional components: once in Distinctive Undead for "wightish" creatures and also in the Skeleton Warrior component if you choose the barrow wight animation option

This should also make the ghastsu skeleton white, if I've understood how it works...

I thought I had already coded that when I gave you the info to change it, but I see no trace in the file I have backed up. Maybe I have multiple versions floating around :angry:. Better than no versions I suppose... PATCH_IF BYTE_AT 0x2f = 7 will save a line of code there.

I've changed the existing ones and added the effects for compatibility; for example, atweaks changes them, so this has to be installed later.

If they both patch (aTweaks doesn't overwrite either) it shouldn't be a conflict unless they're changing the same thing to different values (don't think so, are they?). Using LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION instead of LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO can save a lot of code here, because you don't have to initialise the zero values with the former (look at other places in IA for examples).

#18 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

If they both patch (aTweaks doesn't overwrite either) it shouldn't be a conflict unless they're changing the same thing to different values (don't think so, are they?). Using LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION instead of LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO can save a lot of code here, because you don't have to initialise the zero values with the former (look at other places in IA for examples).

Thank you for the tips; what I meant was that atweaks only improves ring95 and ring99; if ringg95 and ringn99 have already been created, illithids can devour the corrected skeleton warrior's brains (which is what atweaks should change)

PATCH_IF BYTE_AT 0x2f = 7

Does it also exist for LONG and SHORT, such as LONG_AT?

I think so, but it must use some other field like race or class to determine the difficulty. That's probably hardcoded somewhere rather than in a .2da or .ids unfortunately (last I checked).

There's some protection from charme in ring95 (but not ring99, it's the only difference I've seen) as well; it has two disable display string (charmed and fascinated) and one immunity to effect (charme)

Edited by Turambar, 25 August 2010 - 12:10 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#19 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:10 AM

Does it also exist for LONG and SHORT, such as LONG_AT?

Si, signore. Most of this is "new" stuff for WeiDU but space-saving for the modder, thanks to demented requests from the likes of devSin etc. Keep up such inquiries and coding efforts and you'll be a modder in no time. (In Vader voice: "Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side..."). Welcome to Hell. :devil:

#20 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 04:01 AM

(In Vader voice: "Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side..."). Welcome to Hell. :devil:

I've written a glowcheck patch, which checks that the creature glows always and only if it's a skeleton. It should be applied after changing the animation, for all "risky" creatures: all skeleton warriors and lords, ghastsu, Icharyd,...

Attached File  glowcheck.tpp   2.12K   274 downloads

This patch requires that the modified rings are created at the beginning of the mod: I've changed those lines like this:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ring95.itm AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ringg95.itm THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~ring95.itm~ ~override/ringg95.itm~ //glowing version of the ring
PATCH_IF (%SOURCE_SIZE% > 0x71) BEGIN // file size sanity check (filters out 0 byte files i.e. ALLOW_MISSING)
LAUNCH_PATCH_FUNCTION ADD_ITEM_EQEFFECT //makes it glow
INT_VAR opcode = 8 // set colorglow solid
target = 1 //self
timing = 2 // while equipped
parameter2 = 2 // Major Color
probability1 = 100 // probability1: 100%
END
READ_LONG 0x6a slotn
READ_SHORT %slotn% effname
PATCH_IF effname = 8 BEGIN
WRITE_BYTE (%slotn% + 0x05) 0xc8 //0x77 //color of the glowing effect
END ELSE BEGIN
PATCH_PRINT @20000 // Impossible to set glow color (.tra file has to be updated!)
END
END
END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ring99.itm AND NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ringn99.itm THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~ring99.itm~ ~override/ringn99.itm~
SET opcode_to_delete = "8"
LAUNCH_PATCH_MACRO ~DELETE_ITEM_EQEFFECT~ //remove glow
END
END

The patch checks what ring (95 or 99, or modded versions g95 and n99) a creature already has, and substitutes it with the same ring's unglowing/glowing version, if necessary. I included checking if the ring is already modded in case I use/someone uses those rings somewhere else

Edited by Turambar, 26 August 2010 - 12:10 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg