• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#281 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:05 PM

If Gaider's in such a hurry, he should stop mucking about on the forums and finish the damn game. Launch date is close enough as it is without one of the lead writers going hurf-a-durf on the boards.

ANYWAY. New character page up on the official site. Aveline, female sword-and-board fighter. Now, I'm going to hold off calling them on the ridiculous outfit for a supposed tank because this

I seems stupid for a tank to wear simple clothing. And for 10 years too

She would agree. So she doesn't. wink.png

suggests it's temporary.

So yeah, assuming he's not lying through his teeth like all the rest, I won't have to go on a rant on how absolutely idiotic it is for a tank to go out fighting derpspawn in an apron and pants that seem to be disintegrating already.

The sword is a different story, though.

As in "that's going to slip out of her hand the moment she starts to sweat or gets blood on it, and take off most of her fingers in the process".

She's got nice tits, though!

I know that because of the way her shirt seems to struggle with them.

The same shirt she apparently goes into combat wearing.

With nothing over it.

#282 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

News:
World Update: Gallows @ BioWare
Robyn Theberge Interview @ Strategy Informer

Yeah, the official BioWare forums are bad, but I don't think that we're part of the "positive thinking squad" anymore either... damn.

Actually I find his posts more real sounding than Mr Laidlaw's. Every time I read Mr Laidlaw's posts I have a hard time not thinking, 'used car salesman'.

Laidlaw's the only one with something to lose by posting "challenging" replies, so he pays attention to what he writes.

Well I assume the route there going to take(If they even mention the warden from the first game in DA:2) for what happen at the end of DA:O is that your warden was:

SNAP

Save transfer

Dragon Age 2 allows the player to import saves from any completed Dragon Age: Origins playthrough. So, while you may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age 2, the choices your Grey Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world. Choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt will also be imported.

If Gaider's in such a hurry, he should stop mucking about on the forums and finish the damn game. Launch date is close enough as it is without one of the lead writers going hurf-a-durf on the boards.

RANT

He might just be posting in his free time, because I think it's pretty unlikely that they're going to pay him for posting long replies on the social forums. Nor short ones for that matter.

#283 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

Well I assume the route there going to take(If they even mention the warden from the first game in DA:2) for what happen at the end of DA:O is that your warden was:

SNAP

Save transfer

Dragon Age 2 allows the player to import saves from any completed Dragon Age: Origins playthrough. So, while you may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age 2, the choices your Grey Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world. Choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt will also be imported.

Yes but what if you dont import a warden from DA:O as obviously some people who play DA:2 are going to do. What is the canon ending and what origin did the warden come from in DA:O then? Or will there even be even be a mention of the warden or what happen in DA:O if you do not import?

Thats why if they had to do just "draw it up" for all the new people who will play DA:2 but never played DA:O. And dont import anything that the Male - Human Noble - Romance Morrigan -Had old god baby from you - Loghain dies - Alistar becomes King and maybes marries Anora route seems to be the most likely. Because if you did a poll I would say that would be the most played origin and sex. Though I could be easily wrong but if I had to bet that would be it.

Basically its kinda like if you played ME:2 but never played ME:1 or never imported your ME:1 save who does Shepard start out with on the ship? Is it Ashley or Kaiden? I honestly dont know heh but I assume they would do something like that whoever they think was the most played origin...whatever race / sex /origin combo seems the best or what not...And in this case like I said id bet it would be the Human Noble origin (male). I mean afterall all the DA:O commercials and what not were of a human who seemed to be a warrior...But then again like I said I could be wrong about the whole thing! :ph34r:

Edited by Vicen, 26 November 2010 - 07:21 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#284 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

They assume things in Baldur's Gate II as well if you don't import from Baldur's Gate. It's the same deal with every game that offers the possibility to import from the prequel. There has to be something there for those who don't import, otherwise the games would just be broken. Whether that something is considered canon is another story altogether. As far as I know, BioWare hasn't set a canon story for Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening or Dragon Age II at all, unlike that series of awful books did for the Baldur's Gate series.

#285 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

Not sure if they have already said so, but by the looks of things it seems Dragon Age II's story will be fairly independent of the previous lot, which makes sense considering the change of scene and all.

That said I wouldn't be surprised if we get all the "continuity" thrown at us in the most obtuse way possible. I'm sorry, but I'll never let ME2's tutorial go from their record, tacky-tacky ick! No want bad prize! :Poke:

Actually that summarizes the general plot of both the DA universe, and half of the ME universe...

There is also a third scenario when they choose to make almost everything canon, to a degree. Has been done before, with relative (if ridiculous) success. Still it's pretty much how the post-happy GMan said: They'll do it their way. We cry wolf, hooray?

Pity the bad guys obviously didn't win though. For once it seemed really necessary, that and the fact they would have a legitimate reason to call Sparta for the sequel...
Oh wait, they already told us to forget about the fugly goons who have been to some cosplay convention in said sequel. Whoops!

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#286 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:04 AM

They assume things in Baldur's Gate II as well if you don't import from Baldur's Gate. It's the same deal with every game that offers the possibility to import from the prequel. There has to be something there for those who don't import, otherwise the games would just be broken. Whether that something is considered canon is another story altogether. As far as I know, BioWare hasn't set a canon story for Dragon Age: Origins/Awakening or Dragon Age II at all, unlike that series of awful books did for the Baldur's Gate series.

Fair enough! I guess will just have to wait and see what they do...or dont do about it then heh...

Heh to get off topic for a minute here I remember reading the 2 baldurs gate books back in the day...Man were they bad! But at the time being sorta young I thought they were awesome :P

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#287 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:52 PM

Basically its kinda like if you played ME:2 but never played ME:1 or never imported your ME:1 save who does Shepard start out with on the ship? Is it Ashley or Kaiden? I honestly dont know heh but I assume they would do something like that whoever they think was the most played origin...whatever race / sex /origin combo seems the best or what not...And in this case like I said id bet it would be the Human Noble origin (male). I mean afterall all the DA:O commercials and what not were of a human who seemed to be a warrior...But then again like I said I could be wrong about the whole thing! :ph34r:

I actually played ME2 before ME1 so Bioware made decisions for me. I think if you play female shepard you get to keep Kaidan and if you are a make shapard you get to keep Ashley. Turns out I didn't save the Council. Not that I cared much ;p Basically, if you don't import the game from ME1, Bioware kinda punishes you by not giving you the best ending possible.

#288 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

News:
Dragon Age II Preview @ PC Gamer (Pro ME2)
Dragon Age II Developer Video Diary with Robyn Théberge @ GameBanshee

#289 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 10:47 PM

I actually played ME2 before ME1 so Bioware made decisions for me. I think if you play female shepard you get to keep Kaidan and if you are a make shapard you get to keep Ashley. Turns out I didn't save the Council. Not that I cared much ;p Basically, if you don't import the game from ME1, Bioware kinda punishes you by not giving you the best ending possible.

Wouldn't it be cheap if you could get the best ending possible without playing the game? Hell it's rewarding to see even small missions yield small cutscenes. Kept some of them are buggy.

I'm not sure I like the idea of Dragon Age 2 so early after the release of DA:O and it's horrible 'Awakening' extension. We shall see, I suppose.
Bet it will look horrible on PS3 again. DA:O on PS3 = fail of the year.

Edited by Silvi, 01 December 2010 - 10:52 PM.

My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#290 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:26 PM

Apparently we have a new NPC

elf.jpg

First reaction: that head looks SO photoshopped on.

Second reaction: if you can't draw feet, have your character put on some shoes. Actually, have him put on shoes regardless.

However the bioware forums did, as always, go crazy over this news and thanks to them we know that this character

...is not Dalish and not a mage,
...is written by David Gaider, and
...that his in-game appearance is different than this concept, meaning this post and everything related to it is TOTALLY FUCKING USELESS and I have wasted five precious seconds of your life that you will never get back, no no, no need to thank me, it was my pleasure.

#291 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

No shirt, no pants, no shoes, no entr...automatic entry in DA2.

I wonder if the leg feathers catch crumbs and possibly confused female bowerbirds.

Edit - @vilkacis You missed the pearl from Mr Priestly that apparently DA2 is an action RPG and not a dating sim. I imagine that means no dinner, wine or flowers before the action part.

Edit 2 - okay silly tiny keyboard netbook thingie leads to accidentally putting this in fast reply.

Edited by vilkacis, 02 December 2010 - 09:21 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#292 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

Well it was never mentioned as to exactly what action will be where. We only know there'll be plenty of fighting, conversing, blood/gore, sex, moar sex and finally Bioware faces, rawr! :naughty:

Unless we get lucky that is. All the same those precious few seconds are amused, so there you get a "thank you" anyway. :)

Also, no shoes with plate mail? Fashion statement of the year.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#293 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

I was going to say something like how he would fit right in in something like Final Fantasy XII except they generally wore shoes there and he doesn't have enough zippers. :(

Edit - @vilkacis You missed the pearl from Mr Priestly that apparently DA2 is an action RPG and not a dating sim. I imagine that means no dinner, wine or flowers before the action part.

No, I was just trying to ignore it.

Then again dating sims are generally lacking in interactivity (or so I'm told I mean I wouldn't know stop looking at me like that) whereas in DA2, whenever you press a button, something awesome happens! I assume this also holds true for the sex scenes. Unfortunately it's probably going to boil down to button-mashing for repetitive 4-hit combos with an AOE finisher. But hey, at least if you're playing it on a PC, you'll be able to use pseudotactical camera during the act!

(Also, I meged your posts for you. :) )

#294 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:56 AM

There's a new vid up on the DA webby according to my DA Newsletter.

#295 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

Unfortunately it's probably going to boil down to button-mashing for repetitive 4-hit combos with an AOE finisher. But hey, at least if you're playing it on a PC, you'll be able to use pseudotactical camera during the act!

Heh, if I smoked I think I'd need a cigarette after that.
Actually the game Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy has an...um...interactive sex scene. Also some interactive guitar playing to set the mood. :)

(Also, I meged your posts for you. :) )

Thank you.

Any chance of a link? I couldn't find any mention on the forums.
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#296 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

It's the "Rise To Power" trailer - the newsletter is ........late

#297 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

I was going to say something like how he would fit right in in something like Final Fantasy XII except they generally wore shoes there and he doesn't have enough zippers. :(

Don't forget the belts! Oh, the belts (she's still hot, though)! For what it's worth, though, I'm pretty sure Tetsuya Nomura's guilty of most of that, and he didn't do character designs for FFXII, a game I greatly enjoyed, albeit more for the gameplay mechanics than the story or characters or anything else.

As for the elf, yeah, I think the feathers are more eye-rolling than the lack of footwear. At any rate, if he ain't lookin' like that in the game, that's probably good news.

I'm still buying the game (though my resolve is wavering more with each new post here). At the very least, if y'all ridicule the game after release for whatever reason, I won't be left out in the cold :) .

Edited by Galsic, 03 December 2010 - 08:07 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#298 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:27 PM

belts

nomura.jpg

Edited by vilkacis, 03 December 2010 - 08:28 PM.
you should not take that literally and I should not need to clarify this but just don't okay

#299 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

belts

nomura.jpg

*snort*

also

an adapted version of the Mass Effect conversation wheel plus a fully voiced main character.

Maker protect us.

Edited by Silvi, 04 December 2010 - 12:29 AM.

My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#300 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:20 AM

It's the "Rise To Power" trailer - the newsletter is ........late

The newsletter kept pointing me to the Destiny trailer so I wasn't 100% if it was already old.

Here's the Linky anyway