Dragon Age II News

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#301 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

The official forums are officially mostly full of crap. They just seem to grow more annoying every time you browse them... and I thought the Isabela fan art was bad.

Also... an action RPG? So BioWare has officially abandoned the RPG scene now? Oh, great. Does anyone have enough money to buy and revive Troika and Black Isle?

#302 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

If I had the money I'd buy Troika to make a remastered version of Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines.
My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#303 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:36 PM

The official forums are officially mostly full of crap. They just seem to grow more annoying every time you browse them... and I thought the Isabela fan art was bad.

Also... an action RPG? So BioWare has officially abandoned the RPG scene now? Oh, great. Does anyone have enough money to buy and revive Troika and Black Isle?

Well, I think part of the problem with the forums at the moment is the lack of information, especially perhaps for those people that are considering the preorder before the bonus offer expires. Oh and the lack of a proper game play video doesn't help. I also find it amusing when they say that they can't confirm information that has already been revealed through demonstrations to the media. Like Isabela being a love interest.

I like the hat on your diabolical looking avatar, Archmage Silver. It looks like he now moonlights as an evil Christmas mage that puts exploding puppies down chimneys. :)
"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#304 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

I once did a topic on the Bioware official Dragon Age forums that asked "If you could make Dragon Age into any other game genre wise what would you choose?" An overwhelming majority said Action RPG...My vote was for strategy type game DA wise :P

So I guess they are giving the masses what they want... :ph34r:

Edited by Vicen, 04 December 2010 - 09:03 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#305 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

News:
Reveal: Hightown @ Grey Wardens
World Update: Hightown @ BioWare
AP Heather Rabatich Video Interview @ GameSpot
Dragon Age II: Mysterious Elf Guy @ Grey Wardens
Mike Laidlaw: Gameplay Footage Coming Soon @ BioWare Social

Well, I think part of the problem with the forums at the moment is the lack of information, especially perhaps for those people that are considering the preorder before the bonus offer expires. Oh and the lack of a proper game play video doesn't help. I also find it amusing when they say that they can't confirm information that has already been revealed through demonstrations to the media. Like Isabela being a love interest.

Don't forget the fact that there are a LOT of idiots over there... I mean literally, they can't even spell. Obviously there are intelligent people there as well, but they're the minority. That's why I don't understand why Gaider keeps posting there. It almost seems like trolling... oh, wait. Now I get it.

I like the hat on your diabolical looking avatar, Archmage Silver. It looks like he now moonlights as an evil Christmas mage that puts exploding puppies down chimneys. :)

You must mean explosive monkeys. In Elminster's tower. And his hat is nothing compared to mine...

I once did a topic on the Bioware official Dragon Age forums that asked "If you could make Dragon Age into any other game genre wise what would you choose?" An overwhelming majority said Action RPG...My vote was for strategy type game DA wise :P

So I guess they are giving the masses what they want... :ph34r:

That's the gist of it. ARPGs sell well, and apparently they also represent what passes for an RPG these days.

#306 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:05 AM

News:
Mike Laidlaw: Helmet Toggle A Feature In DA II @ BioWare Social

#307 Silvi

Silvi
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

And his in-game appearance looks different from the concept art

...then why bother showing concept art.
My deviantArt lair
Team Silvivi Mods
Miles NPC

------------
Name: Silvi
Class: Witch (Writer/Painter)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
When asked about her past, SILVI asks why are you asking about her past. After some nagging she admits she always had a weak spot for Baldur's Gate, game from her youth. She mentions she had been seeking for a way to add a mod of her own to it. Now, she notes proudly, her little dream is being granted.

-----------
Posted Image

Oh, and you've just lost the game.

#308 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

...then why bother showing concept art.

because the sound of squealing fangirls makes Gaider happy in his pants

#309 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

News:
Dialog Icons, Dev Replies Only @ BioWare Social
The Making of Video Part 1 @ GameSpot l Written Summary @ Grey Wardens

Edit: I don't like Hawke's voice. Yes, he talks on the video. There's also speculation that one of the characters shown in the video might be Anders, see the Grey Wardens written summary for a screenshot.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 08 December 2010 - 04:19 PM.

#310 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

The game feels exactly the same, but at the same time feels completely different!

Well I'm glad I'll be playing A COOL BADASS WARRIOR WITH SPIKY ARMOUR CHOPPING HURLOCKS IN HALF BY THE MILLIONS!

#311 KIrving

KIrving
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:30 PM

That video gave me a headache. So poncy, badass malehawke was even the star of the concept anime, not just the marketing campaign. I'm really feeling how well developed and tested the female hawke is going to be.

Edited by KIrving, 08 December 2010 - 10:31 PM.

"I'm just here to get the job done, let someone else be on the poster." Female Commander Shepard

#312 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:25 AM

Story? Intense? What? WHAT?! :lol:

Also how the hell is hitting on each other with blood smeared all over your face sexy? I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that even vampires would get a rise out of that.

Either way, bleh, if anything's been shaved off it's certainly originality. Dark fantasy, heh.

Oh and not being bored to death by the previews either, seriously, marketing failget. Just when the hell am I going to have the chance to say something nice I wonder?

Heck I'd even settle for turning the protagonist into a bunny when fighting fifty odd ogres over that. Ten cents say that the female Hawke would probably be superior in every respect though, yet somehow get shafted with creepy one-liners from certain individuals *cough*Jacob-Shepard*cough*.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#313 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 01:55 AM

Well, I for one prefer the sound of M-Hawke over M-Shepard. .p

#314 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

Edit: Lol im a moron :whistling:

Edited by Vicen, 11 December 2010 - 03:49 PM.

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#315 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:32 PM

Source: http://social.biowar...ex/5408343?lf=8

Here's a heads up.

I thought I'd mention that we just had 20 or so journaists from around the world (Germany, US, UK, Australia, etc) here at the BioWare studios for a big session of hands on gameplay and interviews with theDragon Age II Dev team. They're done now and on their way back home to write their articles and previews of Dragon Ager II, but later this month you should be seeing a heap of new information.

They were given the game. Not the demo some of you played this past summer, but the game it's self and allowed to play from the start of the game onwards.While the game isn't finished yet, it is definitely coming together (the press know we're still polishing it up), so they were given access to whatever they wanted like which class they wanted to try, character creation, etc and allowed to play in between their interviews.

I don't know what they are going to write about, whether they liked the game or not, whether they liked coming to Edmonton in -20 degree weather (the poor Australian woman looked to be in shock) or whathaveyou, but I can say that it looked to me like they were enjoying it. Many times I saw them react by laughing, in shock, anger, etc at what they were experiencing (in the good way). So we'll see what they say in their previews.

Man is it just me or does Hawke look horrid with a beard? ...

Um... we've known that Hawke's appearance is customizable all along.

Hawke is the central protagonist of Dragon Age II. Hawke is fully voiced, can be either male or female, has a fully customizable appearance.

Edit: Changed the first link to show only dev responses, the other ones weren't worth reading.

Edited by Archmage Silver, 10 December 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#316 Zander

Zander
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

Try this link - saw it today...

http://social.biowar...ex/5408775&lf=8

seems a bit different from the previous statements.

#317 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:47 PM

Try this link - saw it today...

http://social.biowar...ex/5408775&lf=8

seems a bit different from the previous statements.

Hm. What I got from it is that you can't edit the default faces, but you can create one from scratch. Personally I can't see anything new there, apart from the odd way he phrased it.

No, you do not edit the default male or female Hawke (at least, not currently. As Mike Laidlaw says "things are still subject to change"). You can use the defaults, you can select from a variety of preset faces or you can create one form scratch.

#318 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:22 PM

News:
Preview @ play.tm
Leaked 5:32 Gameplay Video - New Entry @ YouTube

#319 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:58 PM

Apparently it's 30 days until Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition deadline (DA Wiki), which is January 11. I've got my pre-order in place, but I wonder if they really will just dump the leftover Signature Edition copies into a landfill somewhere near New Jersey?

#320 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Um.

The signature edition differences seem to me to be only free day one DLC. There's still a plenty of time till the March 8 release date, and that's more than enough for printing a few download codes to slip in the DVD cases.

o-o

Edited by WeeRLegion, 12 December 2010 - 11:03 AM.