Masterdisorder's BigWorld Tactical installation

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#121 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:25 AM

More help!

Now for some reason every time I try to sleep as soon as I click the button "REST", it freezes the game .... not CTD, freeze...

Errr .... this at a guess I feel bad enough ...
How do I fix this?

End of the game?

Edit: reloading old saves it seems that what started when I took a trip on the sunset mountains ...
But if I reload the save just arrived there, I can not have more sleep ...
A strange thing is that the icon of the Sunset Mountains on the overall map has no name ... may has something to do?

Region of Terror, right?
Edit : OK sure how far I could sleep in the old backups: no problem until Westchar, no problem until Ultima Master secret plane, no problem in dungeon full of enchanted orcs. but when I enter the cave of the dragon, slay the dragon and take his treasure, after all REST, the game fizzes

Edit: Starting from the old saves, I can no longer reproduce the problem ... The fact is that with my current game, if I try to sleep the game freezes ...
I''ll have to ignore Ultima Master and the rest of the quests in Westcar, starting again from my last save in which the problem would not show up ... But I will lose 12 days of play ....

Edited by masterdisorder, 08 November 2010 - 05:31 AM.

#122 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:20 PM

More help!

Now for some reason every time I try to sleep as soon as I click the button "REST", it freezes the game .... not CTD, freeze...

Errr .... this at a guess I feel bad enough ...
How do I fix this?

End of the game?

Edit: reloading old saves it seems that what started when I took a trip on the sunset mountains ...
But if I reload the save just arrived there, I can not have more sleep ...
A strange thing is that the icon of the Sunset Mountains on the overall map has no name ... may has something to do?
Region of Terror, right?

Check the Bodies is the area that adds the Sunset Mountains. When resting here it is common to have rest interrupted by Ogres but nothing major. I sense one of these ogre creatures is fouled. AR3520 does not say the area underneath because it already shows it in the worldmap design itself :lol: No this doesn't have anything to do with the crash but your worldmap is all f---ed up too.

OK, CLUA (blah, blah, blah) ORC01.CRE and ORC02.CRE and see if they crash. Notice a theme here? See what crashes and do a changelog and maybe someone can tell what mod bugged these creatures (and others) in your game to some f--- all state and other nasty names :D

Edited by Hoppy, 06 November 2010 - 05:17 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#123 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Hoppy for rapid response ... but I changed my post.
The problem originated in some way during the Ultima Master quest, but I can no longer reproduce it .... just that my current saves so, they are useless ...
Another problem is that I don't get a CTD, but a freeze ... and then there is nothing in baldur.err ...

Edit: just to keep track of of all the problems I have posted
http://www.shsforums...post__p__500510

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 November 2010 - 05:10 PM.

#124 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Thanks Hoppy for rapid response ... but I changed my post.
The problem originated in some way during the Ultima Master quest, but I can no longer reproduce it .... just that my current saves so, they are useless ...
Another problem is that I don't get a CTD, but a freeze ... and then there is nothing in baldur.err ...

From the Region of Terror quest, I don't remember any complications resulting from this quest but there is a real good possibility that a script is still running.

but I can no longer reproduce it .... just that my current saves so, they are useless ...

Can you explain a bit more how the bug manifested even if you speculate?

EDIT: before wasting hours of gameplay, try opening a good save (before) and the current one that has the problem and see if there are any additions to Globals or Affects that may be added after the Ultima MAster quest. Shadowkeeper works well to browse these additions.

Edited by Hoppy, 06 November 2010 - 05:16 PM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#125 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

Maybe I solved
The problem seems "the Love Helm" by the merchant mod Alex Macintosh

Posted Image

This object had brought me the ability Charme and Dire Charme. It also from time to time increased the number of times that I could use the skills every day; had come to 143 spells / day.

Posted Image

Resetting these skills with Shadow Keeper ... now I can sleep
Thanks Hoppy

Edited by masterdisorder, 07 November 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#126 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:50 PM

If you ever find the time, you might provide a list with all mods which are buggy and links to your respective posts...

#127 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

Maybe I solved
The problem seems "the Love Helm" by the merchant mod Alex Macintosh
http://img832.images...i/baldr007.jpg/

This object had brought me the ability Chare and Dire Charme. It also increased the number of times that I could use the skills every day; had come to 143 spells / day.
http://img832.images...i/baldr006.jpg/

Resetting these skills with Shadow Keeper ... now I can sleep
Thanks Hoppy

Seems like a good number of crashes on rests are caused by innate problems. It makes more sense for the item to have the powers in the item itself and not stacking innates to ungodly numbers on a given character.

- King Diamond

#128 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 06:10 AM

de'Arnise hold, Torgal is missing

http://www.shsforums...post__p__500545

Just to keep track
Anyone actually played through whole BWP install?

Edited by masterdisorder, 09 November 2010 - 08:32 AM.

#129 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 05:45 AM

I'm at the blacksmith forge CromwellAmong the many upgrades available, there is the recipe : 2 rings of protection +1 - a ring of protection +2
If I give the OK to create, Cromwell takes the +1 rings, you see the animation of the object creation .... and then nothing happens ...
Where is the resulting ring +2? I tried to pass a week's time ... nothing. If I ask Cronwell there is no indication that he should give me an object ....

I think the mod who changed this upgrade is Daulmakan's Item Pack mod for Baldur's Gate II v1.4...

It seems to me that there are two kinds of recipes for items to Cromwell:
dialogue option 1, which creates objects, and all other options that are to upgrade existing objects.

Checking the first option does not create anything, not just the rings +2, but no object

Another oddity with Cromwell: I found the shaft of the bow of Jesen, but Cromwell did not even mention among the objects that he found in my backpack and could build for me.
Why?
According to you, which mod is creating these problems to Cromwell?

Edit:
I answer by myself
According to this thread (Cromwell dialog broken, doesn't detect all items) seems like I should throw the crossbow Deathbringer when I talk to Cromwell ...

Edit 2:
Errr, no... at a second attempt, even if I throw away
Flail of Ages,
Golem Manual
Case of PLenty
Quiver of Plenty
Deathbringer crossbow frame (from Munchmod)
Cromwell doesn't recognized the rest of my items ...
Even if I throw everything in my backpack on the ground, keep only the shaft of the bow of Jesen and then talk with him, even in that case, he doesn't recognizes the object ....

Edited by masterdisorder, 11 November 2010 - 01:05 AM.

#130 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:47 AM

I'm at the blacksmith forge CromwellAmong the many upgrades available, there is the recipe : 2 rings of protection +1 - a ring of protection +2
If I give the OK to create, Cromwell takes the +1 rings, you see the animation of the object creation .... and then nothing happens ...
Where is the resulting ring +2? I tried to pass a week's time ... nothing. If I ask Cronwell there is no indication that he should give me an object ....

I think the mod who changed this upgrade is Daulmakan's Item Pack mod for Baldur's Gate II v1.4...

It seems to me that there are two kinds of recipes for items to Cromwell:
dialogue option 1, which creates objects, and all other options that are to upgrade existing objects.

Checking the first option does not create anything, not just the rings +2, but no object

Another oddity with Cromwell: I found the shaft of the bow of Jesen, but Cromwell did not even mention among the objects that he found in my backpack and could build for me.
Why?
According to you, which mod is creating these problems to Cromwell?

Edit:
I answer by myself
According to this thread (Cromwell dialog broken, doesn't detect all items) seems like I should throw the crossbow Deathbringer when I talk to Cromwell ...

Edit 2:
Errr, no... at a second attempt, even if I throw away
Flail of Ages,
Golem Manual
Case of PLenty
Quiver of Plenty
Deathbringer crossbow frame (from Munchmod)
Cromwell doesn't recognized the rest of my items ...
Even if I throw everything in my backpack on the ground, keep only the shaft of the bow of Jesen and then talk with him, even in that case, he doesn't recognizes the object ....

First, could you please change-log smith01.dlg ? I believe that's his resource name.
Second, as dlg files are difficult to follow, could you please decompile it and post your .d file (unless it's in some strange language... where are you from?). You just need to have a WeiDU.exe file in your game folder, and then you can command line, after cd-ing to the game folder,
WeiDU.exe smith01.dlg
This will create a smith01.d file in your game folder.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#131 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:00 AM

I'm now in the dungeon beneath the cemetery ...
In the crypt of the mummies, to be clear that of the quest of Korgan (Kazah book), I returned after having been there once before ... Well, now the dungeon is full of monsters that he calls "shadows", but they are werewolves, shambling mounds, Adamantium Golem, clerics and wizards ...
One of these shadow-mage has cast labirinth on one of my NPC: I see the icon of maze on the NPC, but the NPC does not come back but not even waiting for days (and he has 17 intelligence ...). Another strange thing is that on the ground are all of its objects, as if he were dead .... If I try to Raise Dead on the NPC icon nothing happens ....
What happened?

By this regard: there is a log of all attack rolls, saves, with all the lines I see scroll during combat? I tried searching but found nothing ... If I could read it maybe I could understand what happened to my NPC ...

Edit : Angelo is back ... was 184 hours in the maze (???!!) despite having 17 intelligence!But why?

Maybe understood
Imprisonment seems to be treated as a long-term Maze
Posted Image
Resting for 8 days, in this case Viconia was released from Imprisonment ...
Strange effect

Edited by masterdisorder, 13 November 2010 - 11:00 AM.

#132 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

Ribald at the Waukeen Promenade , is selling this potion of enlightenment
If you drink it CTD whenever
Posted Image

Edited by masterdisorder, 15 November 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#133 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

The Darkest Day
Bug in Dinan and Keris' quest
Dinan, at the tavern in the Umar hills, has sent me to look for his girlfriend, Keris. I found her in Trollford, released and carried over to the tavern. When I enter the tavern I find this
Posted Image
Talk to each of these Dinan for 50,000 XP and a reputation point...

Edited by masterdisorder, 22 November 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#134 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:10 PM

Bug in quest of Dinan and Keris
Dinan, at the tavern in the Umar hills, has sent me to look for his girlfriend, Keris. I found her in Trollford, released and carried over to the tavern. When I enter the tavern I find this
<snip>
Talk to each of these Dinan for 50,000 XP and a reputation point...

The crename is DINAN3.cre and I think I'd proposed a fix for this problem earlier but got ignored :lol: Anyway, the spawn script should be in AR1105.bcs:
IF
	Global("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",2)
		ActionOverride("dinan2",DestroySelf())
		CreateCreature("dinan3",[708.639],4) // Dinan
END
Tricky thing to note is that, DD9000.bcs contains this block:
IF
  Dead("sacorc01")
  !Global("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",1)
END
So you'll DINAN3.cre will keep respawning if you enter this area (DD9000) after killing SASORC01.cre (whatever that is :D)

Fix could be either changing the AR1105.bcs block to:
IF
	Global("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",1)
	!Exists("dinan3")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",2)
		ActionOverride("dinan2",DestroySelf())
		CreateCreature("dinan3",[708.639],4) // Dinan
END

OR

change the DD9000 block to:
IF
  Dead("sacorc01")
  Global("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("kerisreturn","GLOBAL",1)
END
.. you can even use both changes if you feel everly cautious ;) I'll make fixed files once Hoppy can confirm that this might work :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#135 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:27 PM

Revised Forgotten Wars Item Pack
Bug
Phantom Bow
This object, no matter what the description says,is shown to do 1-6 damage, but if I try it against one of my characters, it sends to 4 Hp remaining with one shot! And more shots do not do anything, despite the notes indicate a number of injuries ranging from 1 to 6 .... Great weapon, kill the enemy almost at once .... but the description does not match at all ... In addition, the description speaks of a bow, but the item is a crossbow .... I do not know if i have to use it as a super-powered item, or ignore it as buggy...
I renounce to understand ...
Posted Image

More bug
Bow of Ice-Fangs
This item, from the description seems to make an absurd amount of damage ... and yet it always makes 6 ... not a variable number, but still ... 6 :mellow:...always 6... :mellow:

Posted Image

Bug again
Thunderstriker
This object is beautiful :mellow: ... practically pushes away when it hits the enemy (knockback ??..)... but permanently...The enemy continues to move (?) back against his will until he finds a wall or obstacle ... But then it doesn't stop .... he is always pushed against the object ... A knockback permanent (??) But it is a bit exaggerated ??... a hit on a dragon and I win the battle ...
:mellow: :mellow: :blink:
Posted Image

Some armor of this mod, according to the desciption, give as a bonus the reduction in certain types of damage ... but if I try them, in reality there is no reduction ...
And I have not tried all the objects in this mod, only a small part, only those that interest me ....
I have a doubt ... but is not that these items are cursed ...? Or is it a fun mod?
... One thing I do not like is when the description of items is not what they do in reality ...

Edit: I see that is infamous ...
http://www.shsforums...post__p__275875

Edited by masterdisorder, 15 November 2010 - 10:56 AM.

#136 Warlock

Warlock
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:54 PM

How do you used Shadow Keeper
On a Mega Mod ?

#137 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

How do you used Shadow Keeper
On a Mega Mod ?

If it is a save game in BGII - SoA folder, Shadow Keeper can be used on a mega mod or even total conversion like Classic Adventures or Return to Trademeet :P .

- King Diamond

#138 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:27 PM

"Castles at war" quest
infinite looping script on entering to capture Talaran's castle

#139 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

"Castles at war" quest

I am currently working on a solution but it will not be posted until I can test it a few thousand times. ^_^

To hotfix this, when you are teleported to the offending area and it is looping, there is a brief time when the GUI appears. Try repeatedly tapping the O key for options (this worked for me) and choose to save the game. Save as "dur pee dur" exactly like I named my save :P :lol: and then repeat the "tapping O" process to load the "dur pee dur" save to avoid closing out the game and relaunching (I guess relaunching would work but I say it as I did it).

Bravo? :unsure:

- King Diamond

#140 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

"Castles at war" quest

Try repeatedly tapping the O key for options and choose to save the game. then repeat the "tapping O" process to load the save.
Bravo? :unsure:

Works!
Thank you
:cheers: