Photo

Masterdisorder's BigWorld Tactical installation

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#101 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

Yup Daulmakan's Itempack does add that recipe and this is the block that does it ;) (from Item_Pack\Scripts\d1AR0334.baf)

IF
  Global("D1Items","AR0334",1)
  Global("ForgeStuff","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("D1Items","AR0334",0)
    SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",1)
    GiveItemCreate("RING07",Player1,0,0,0) // Ring of Protection +2
    ActionOverride("wsmith01",StartDialogueNoSet([PC]))
END
which fires Cromwell's "enjoy your imba itemz" dialogue :P (from Item_Pack\Dialogues\d1CROM01.d)
IF WEIGHT #-1 ~GlobalGT("D1Craft","AR0334",0)~ THEN BEGIN D1Craft SAY #59797
    IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("D1Craft","AR0334",0)~ EXIT
  END
No, I dunno why you have the problem but on another note, you'll notice that the GLOBAL "ForgeStuff" still remains set to 1 even after the recipe is done ... which simply put - is BAD :devil: (or exploitable ... depends on how you look at it ;))

Forgestuff is used by the vanilla upgrades as well as the ItemUpgrade mod as the variable that says that Crom has something ready to be forged. The second variable (in this case "D1Craft") decides exactly what he forges ;)

Daulmakan is the modder?
We report the matter to Daulmakan?

#102 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

I'm now in the dungeon beneath the cemetery ...
In the crypt of the mummies, to be clear that of the quest of Korgan (Kazah book), I returned after having been there once before ... Well, now the dungeon is full of monsters that he calls "shadows", but they are werewolves, shambling mounds, Adamantium Golem, clerics and wizards ...
One of these shadow-mage has cast labirinth on one of my NPC: I see the icon of maze on the NPC, but the NPC does not come back but not even waiting for days (and he has 17 intelligence ...). Another strange thing is that on the ground are all of its objects, as if he were dead .... If I try to Raise Dead on the NPC icon nothing happens ....
What happened?

By this regard: there is a log of all attack rolls, saves, with all the lines I see scroll during combat? I tried searching but found nothing ... If I could read it maybe I could understand what happened to my NPC ...

Edit : Angelo is back ... was 184 hours in the maze (???!!) despite having 17 intelligence!But why?

Edited by masterdisorder, 06 November 2010 - 03:19 AM.

#103 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:46 AM

Another thing: it already happened a few times that some enemy clerics, had an active spell, which makes them not selectable with the cursor, I see them, but I can not tell my NPC to attack because the mouse's goes on as if there were not. The cleric is always surrounded by a blue oval (one might say a spell of protection of some sort ...).
Another strange thing is that if instead I'll leave it to AI, my NPC may attack the cleric ....Strange is not it?

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:36 AM.

#104 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

Daulmakan is the modder?

Already reported :D But he says this is a megamod-only problem so lets investigate, shall we?? :P

Can you extract the attached xipped .bat to your game folder and run it?? it should cause many new files to show up there. Please attach everything it creates (including the 3 changelogs) here :) (of ar0334.bcs, wsmith.dlg and ring07.itm - just to make sure the ring is still in your game :P)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 29 October 2010 - 07:31 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#105 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:56 PM

Daulmakan is the modder?

Already reported :D But he says this is a megamod-only problem so lets investigate, shall we?? :P

Can you extract the attached xipped .bat to your game folder and run it?? it should cause many new files to show up there. Please attach everything it creates (including the 3 changelogs) here :) (of ar0334.bcs, wsmith.dlg and ring07.itm - just to make sure the ring is still in your game :P)

Attached File  change-log.zip   20.61K   134 downloads

#106 -max-

-max-

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:36 PM

The blue thing on the clerics is sanctuary spell. You have to wait for it to wear off or they attack in order to target them.

The crypt that you entered and fought those shadow is part of the Deeper Shadows of Amn mod (DSoA in your weidu log). They show up after you killed the shadow dragon in Umar ruins.

The "labyrinth" spell is either imprisonment or maze spell. The Pro5 tweaks mod makes characters drop all their equipment when hit with these spells. In my last few installs these spells do not work right, and neither does petrification. The same thing happens, they get hit with the petrify spell and are frozen and unselectable. Even if you cast stone to flesh spell, they are unselectable. I had to go in shadowkeeper and go to affects tab, and deselect a whole bunch of effects, save and reload to fix it. Imprisonment would just crash the game. It has worked in the past, but something is messing up the spells in the more recent BWP versions of the last year. You are lucky they just mazed you, try a freedom scroll to make the character appear quicker.

Also had the item upgrade problem. Had to clua items or use shadowkeeper. There is some conflict between item upgrade, item pack, and CTB upgrades. Or else the upgrade is not coded right.

#107 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 06:37 PM

The "labyrinth" spell is either imprisonment or maze spell. The Pro5 tweaks mod makes characters drop all their equipment when hit with these spells. In my last few installs these spells do not work right, and neither does petrification. The same thing happens, they get hit with the petrify spell and are frozen and unselectable. Even if you cast stone to flesh spell, they are unselectable. I had to go in shadowkeeper and go to affects tab, and deselect a whole bunch of effects, save and reload to fix it. Imprisonment would just crash the game. It has worked in the past, but something is messing up the spells in the more recent BWP versions of the last year.

Probably an install order thing, possible conflict between SR, Refinements, p5tweaks, etc. Best idea is to post your WeiDU.log and/or a -change-log on the spell(s) if you can manage that (in SPOILER tags to avoid spam).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#108 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:45 AM

@masterdisorder: Well that was a bloody waste :lol: (no it isn't your fault :P)

changelogging doesn't seem to output the LAST version of the file (the version that's in use by the game) and since D's ItemPack is the last mod to mod those files ... none of the files you upped have its changes :ROFL: And then there's the fact that there's no WSMITH.dlg but a WSMITH01.dlg :doh: (damn I act stupid sometimes ... ok most of the time :P)

But all this aside, I noticed the BWP still uses components 0 & 1 for Weimer's Item Upgrade ... it's preferable to use components 10 & 11 for that mod ;) (atleast for english installs :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 31 October 2010 - 06:53 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#109 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

Another thing: it already happened a few times that some clerics enemies, had an active spell, which makes them not selectable with the cursor, I see them, but I can not tell my NPC to attack because the mouse's goes on as if there were not. The cleric is always surrounded by a blue oval (one might say a spell of protection of some sort ...).
Another strange thing is that if instead I'll leave it to AI, my NPC may attack the cleric ....
Strange is not it?

This is noticed when the effect "remove feet circle" is used and is probably by a spell. I noticed it (I think) with Spell Deflection or whatever that spell is called that clerics used. It may have been a copied version of the spell used for enemies but it may have occurred with the player character or NPC as well. Try looking at that and then you can compare the changes.

I'm at the blacksmith forge Cromwell
Among the many upgrades available, there is the recipe : 2 rings of protection +1 - a ring of protection +2
If I give the OK to create, Cromwell takes the +1 rings, you see the animation of the object creation .... and then nothing happens ...
Where is the resulting ring +2? I tried to pass a week's time ... nothing. If I ask Cronwell there is no indication that he should give me an object ....

I think the mod who changed this upgrade is Daulmakan's Item Pack mod for Baldur's Gate II v1.4...

This is bound to happen when you have CtB installed with 10 other mods that append to AR0334.BCS or Crom's dialog and there is a very good chance a script block is skipped, looped or plain doesn't happen.

Here is what I do in these situations to find answers myself. Make sure you have a copy of your current AR0334.BCS saved to a folder that you can store working files or edits. Now edit the AR0334.BCS by deleting some of the script blocks, compile and save. This is done easily with Near Infinity for these types of files and this is for testing as you can always revert back to your original file.

Post your results (if you have questions) and others may help find what isn't working and help the modder and community with fixes and provide universal modding happiness ;) .

This is how I discovered the stupid One Day Forging Fixpack problem with all of the modded additions to Cromwell's forging. Wait...What? :unsure:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#110 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:38 PM

A question
I seem to have read that if somehow the skills of the thieves go over a certain number (with items, potions, spells, etc..), the game goes in error and it counts as if they were 0. It 's true? What is the offending digit? 240? 256? It 's a problem still exists or has been somewhat resolved by a patch / mod?

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:37 AM.

#111 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:36 AM

Fighting with Firkraag
The game is often in crash

Baldur.err
Spoiler

Edit: CTD when Firkraag launches Imprisonment, every time
And now?

The "labyrinth" spell is either imprisonment or maze spell. The Pro5 tweaks mod makes characters drop all their equipment when hit with these spells. In my last few installs these spells do not work right, and neither does petrification. The same thing happens, they get hit with the petrify spell and are frozen and unselectable. Even if you cast stone to flesh spell, they are unselectable. I had to go in shadowkeeper and go to affects tab, and deselect a whole bunch of effects, save and reload to fix it. Imprisonment would just crash the game. It has worked in the past, but something is messing up the spells in the more recent BWP versions of the last year. You are lucky they just mazed you, try a freedom scroll to make the character appear quicker.

I see from the Big World 9.3, the mods are influencing Imprisonment:
The Bigg Tweak Pack V2.31
P5Tweaks v5.1

Any suggestions?

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:38 AM.

#112 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:18 AM

If you're using ToBEx, there should be a ToBEx.log (or somesuch) file too ... can you upload that?? Googling your error message gave me just 1 result :o (other than this thread)

#113 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:55 AM

If you're using ToBEx, there should be a ToBEx.log (or somesuch) file too ... can you upload that?? Googling your error message gave me just 1 result :o (other than this thread)

No ToBEx sorry

#114 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:07 PM

However, in addition to report problems, I also wanted to congratulate the creators of the Angelo NPC mod, it is really exciting ... looks like a character out of a movie.
Congratulations again

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:38 AM.

#115 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

I'm at the blacksmith forge CromwellAmong the many upgrades available, there is the recipe : 2 rings of protection +1 - a ring of protection +2
If I give the OK to create, Cromwell takes the +1 rings, you see the animation of the object creation .... and then nothing happens ...
Where is the resulting ring +2? I tried to pass a week's time ... nothing. If I ask Cronwell there is no indication that he should give me an object ....

I think the mod who changed this upgrade is Daulmakan's Item Pack mod for Baldur's Gate II v1.4...

It seems to me that there are two kinds of recipes for items to Cromwell:
dialogue option 1, which creates objects, and all other options that are to upgrade existing objects.

Checking the first option does not create anything, not just the rings +2, but no object

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#116 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:20 AM

The blacksmith at Trademeet has a recipe to create a spear if I bring the head and the shaft of the spear
During the dialogue, the blacksmith told me that he could create the object for me, because I had the necessary components .... I looked but I went ahead, trusting .... I paid 7500 gp ... and nothing happened.
If I speak with him again, the dialogue begins anew, he ask me again and again 7500 gp not to create anything ...

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 01:40 AM.

#117 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

With all the mods that I installed, the wizards, but especially the liches have become something invincible ...
Layers and layers of protective spells, chain contingencies, "time stop" to no end ...
I pulled on the last attempt : ruby ray, Breach, dispel magic to rain,2 false dawn, all the while attacking him with weapons +4 and +5, I conjured a demon of the abyss (!) which in turn make a wish(!) requiring a meteor shower all his enemies (!)... Result: the lich is just wounded, but with a series of "time stop", maze, Abi Dahlzim, meteor shower... he took out my entire group and the demon ...
Ah, I'm in the crypt of Trademeet, not in the final fight of Throne of Bhaal ...

Exciting though!

Edited by masterdisorder, 04 November 2010 - 02:43 AM.

#118 Fennek

Fennek
  • 355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

Regarding Petrification / Imprisonment etc.: TheBigg Tweaks had the problem some years (? two years?) ago that a petrification would lead to a ctd instead of making chars not getting kicked out of the party if one also casted freedom of action. Miloch fixed that and the fix was put into the fixpack. I do not know if the update of TheBigg Tweaks changed anything (to the better or worse).

(To add this to the list Miloch posted some posts above...)

#119 masterdisorder

masterdisorder
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

Help
De Arnise Hold

Every time I approach the entrance to the castle I get a CTD
From baldur.err I understand that the issue is a creature
Any suggestions?

Spoiler

#120 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

Help
De Arnise Hold

Every time I approach the entrance to the castle I get a CTD
From baldur.err I understand that the issue is a creature
Any suggestions?

Spoiler

Well that doesn't say what creature and it never does so bullocks to the cryptic nature of these things. You may have to investigate scripts like the area BCS or even points of interest in the area in case the crashing creature spawns when you are in proximity of the point of interest. Make a list of them on papaer and CLUA console the creatures and see which crashes.

You can see if the POI has a script by clicking on a specific one while perusing the area in NI. Scroll down and look for script. Most likely it is a proximity triger since the area doesn't crash on load or before load.

It is some work unless someone posts with the solution to the exact same problem. In that case, yay?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant