• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

I've tried using the effect 'drop item', but, if the opponent has a bow as weapon1 and a sword as weapon2, he loses the bow even if he's using the sword. How can I change that?

You mean the 'drop weapons in panic' effect? You can't really drop a specific item with that - your best bet is to use the DropItem script action if you can.

The other question is about the race-class compatibility: is it hard-coded or is it possible, for instance, to allow elves to become bards, and perhaps to only allow them to use specific kits (and not the unkitted class)?

It is hardcoded I believe, but what with all the recent hacks, I suspect it would also be possible to change.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#22 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I've tried using the effect 'drop item', but, if the opponent has a bow as weapon1 and a sword as weapon2, he loses the bow even if he's using the sword. How can I change that?

You mean the 'drop weapons in panic' effect? You can't really drop a specific item with that - your best bet is to use the DropItem script action if you can.

The problem is, that effect should be part of a Disarming strike: when the opponent is hit, if he fails a saving throw he looses his weapon. I think putting it into a script would delay it, wouldn't it?

The other question is about the race-class compatibility: is it hard-coded or is it possible, for instance, to allow elves to become bards, and perhaps to only allow them to use specific kits (and not the unkitted class)?

It is hardcoded I believe, but what with all the recent hacks, I suspect it would also be possible to change.

I'll have a look at the newest versions of tobex :Bow: , thanks.
edit: Yes, that does already exist.

Another thing: how can I reduce the lore? I used an AP_spell in the CLAB....2da, using exactly the same parameters as for thaco and AC, but the lore doesn't change...
I'll attach the NI screenshot:
Cap2.jpg

Edited by Turambar, 23 September 2010 - 08:52 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#23 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

The problem is, that effect should be part of a Disarming strike: when the opponent is hit, if he fails a saving throw he looses his weapon. I think putting it into a script would delay it, wouldn't it?

Well you'd have to script it on "opponents" in general, which means pretty much everyone, which means putting it in baldur.bcs, which means... bleh :(. So you can either: use it to drop a random weapon (not necessarily the one equipped), use it to drop all equipped weapons (apply the effect 4 times in a row) or use something else. We had a discussion a while back about a similar sort of "disarming" weapon and eventually decided to have it temporarily drop the target's APR or AC or something like that.

I'll have a look at the newest versions of tobex :Bow: , thanks. edit: Yes, that does already exist.

Yeah, he added it like right after I mentioned it. God he's fast :D.

Another thing: how can I reduce the lore?

Opcode #21 (lore modifier) with a negative value?

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#24 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

Another thing: how can I reduce the lore?

Opcode #21 (lore modifier) with a negative value?

Well, I saw negative values used for THAC0, HP,..., can't it be used with lore as well?
I mean, I did that, but the spell simply has no effect (and it doesn't add HPs either, which should be another effect)

I'm working on the bladesinger kit (from TDD, but that didn't work so well, and I didn't like it that way...): it's a sort of bard, but I wanted to only give 3 lores per level...

edit: I've got that working; probably, it was some mess with the effects and abilities

use it to drop all equipped weapons (apply the effect 4 times in a row)

I tried, but either he didn't drop anything else, or he dropped his armor :lol: :lol:

Edited by Turambar, 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM.

Turambar

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!

vipersig.jpg

#25 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm working on the bladesinger kit (from TDD, but that didn't work so well, and I didn't like it that way...): it's a sort of bard, but I wanted to only give 3 lores per level...

There's a Fixpack fix that does this for Blades. It's done by applying some spell via the CLAB file, as I recall. You can have a look at that and see how they did it.

#26 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

There's a Fixpack fix that does this for Blades. It's done by applying some spell via the CLAB file, as I recall. You can have a look at that and see how they did it.

Ok, I've finally got that working, thanks.

I have another question, about the dialogF.tlk.

I've read that it's the female-version of the dialog.tlk, but when is it used?
For example, is it possible to alter the kit names between male and female?
The amazon kit is quite absurd, if a male choses it; giving a different name to that kit if it's chosen by males could be nice...

Turambar

vipersig.jpg

#27 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I tried, but either he didn't drop anything else, or he dropped his armor :lol: :lol:

You need to set "type" (parameter 2) to 1 to drop equipped right-hand weapons only. If it's set to 0 the target will drop anything random.

The amazon kit is quite absurd, if a male choses it; giving a different name to that kit if it's chosen by males could be nice...

You just use 2 strings after SAYing your kitname during install: SAY offset ~Male~ ~Female~. Should work the same in .tra files (so SAY offset @123 in the tp2 and @123 = ~Male~ ~Female~ in the tra).

#28 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:13 AM

You need to set "type" (parameter 2) to 1 to drop equipped right-hand weapons only. If it's set to 0 the target will drop anything random.

I'll try again, but apparently the effect only applies to the first slot.
edit: using the effect three times removes three weapons, so using it several times works, thanks.

You just use 2 strings after SAYing your kitname during install: SAY offset ~Male~ ~Female~. Should work the same in .tra files (so SAY offset @123 in the tp2 and @123 = ~Male~ ~Female~ in the tra).

I've done it and it's correctly stored in dialogF.tlk; the string reference (in kitlist.2da) is correct, but the game uses the male name anyway, both during character creation and in the character sheet (I don't know if that's the right name; I mean the thing you open pressing 'r')

Edited by Turambar, 24 September 2010 - 12:20 AM.

Turambar

vipersig.jpg