Public test release feedback

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#81 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

I've removed all changes to Cumulative Modifier (param1=0) in the Strength opcode, which will correct all issues associated with equipped items not keeping strength bonuses on load, and incorrect incrementation of strength on using certain items. The Strength Spell (param1=3) stays as a modder feature.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#82 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

130 Configurable Backstab Every Hit

Tested this an works as intended. Please provide more information if you want me to look any further.

and Configurable Damage Effect Bypasses Mirror doesn't seem to be working.
I use TobEx beta 0021, last SCS and SR.
I have installed the SR mirror image fixe, and then the spell now works prperly.

This also works as intended. You mention a spell, what spell would that be and how would it work properly?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#83 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

1. By 'hidden', do you mean that you have a modded game that has more than 24/25 spells in a level?
2. Are you using any GUI mods? There may perhaps be a compatiblity issue?

1. Yes, more than 24/25 spells in a level.
2. This time I went without installing any GUI mods, or is the option "Original SoA/ToB" in setup-GUI (BGT Graphical User Interface) required?

10th

Nope, I found a small typo in the calculation of the number of scroll knob states, so should be fixed now.

--------------
Retired Modder

#84 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

"Blindness as Spell Description" either isn't taking or is getting overridden somehow, but I can't find any candidates.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
Spoiler

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#85 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, my bad. I typo'd the ini reading part for this hack. If you want to fix this now, you can open up TobEx_ini/TobExTweak.ini and remove "Effect Opcodes:" in

Effect Opcodes:Blindness As Spell Description=0

--------------
Retired Modder

#86 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Remove that entire line, or change it to 0? Currently it's at 1 for that particular effect and removing the line changed nothing; still the -10 thac0 penalty.

EDIT: There's also "Blindness Fix=1" in the core.ini. I think I've tried all combinations of each one either 1, 0, or commented out to no avail.

Also (testing minor item stuff) poison isn't killing creatures normally. Creatures get poisoned but stay around fighting even with the tooltip saying "Mephit - Dead". After ~3 more rounds they "die" but their now-invisible circles remain an obstacle. Disabling the ToBEx dll restores it to working as normal. I'll assume other related issues (regen, disease, etc) are similarly borked.

P.S. I've had the flu and may be hallucinating all this.

EDIT2: re:poison. Yup, setting "Disease Fix" back to 0 restored poison to normal functioning.
Valygar just "killed" the mephit. Apparently tooltips do not show up in my screenshots.
Attached File  Baldr002.bmp   889.74K   254 downloads
A bit later the XP for the kill is awarded; meanwhile combat continues.
Attached File  Baldr003.bmp   871.57K   268 downloads
The mephit actually dies here and the combat ends, complete with correct dead anim and death sound (finally).
Attached File  Baldr004.bmp   873.83K   283 downloads
And here we see Valygar having to negotiate the invisible feet circle of the dead mephit.
Attached File  Baldr005.bmp   854.03K   253 downloads

Edited by phordicus, 27 November 2011 - 11:41 PM.

Druid Kit Enhancements 1.0 (requires Dispel Magic fix, whether ToBEx's or Taimon's)

#87 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:43 AM

Remove that entire line, or change it to 0? Currently it's at 1 for that particular effect and removing the line changed nothing; still the -10 thac0 penalty.

No, remove the exact text "Effect Opcodes:" from that line. Do not delete the whole line, nor change it to 0.

Yup, setting "Disease Fix" back to 0 restored poison to normal functioning.

Will look at this. Can I clarify that you mean what you say here, that Disease Fix is affecting poison? Can you actually attach your saved game, so I can directly reproduce the problem?

Edited by Ascension64, 28 November 2011 - 01:54 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#88 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Will look at this. Can I clarify that you mean what you say here, that Disease Fix is affecting poison? Can you actually attach your saved game, so I can directly reproduce the problem?

My mistake. I wrongly assumed all the repeating effects were fixed in one variable. It is, in fact, the Poison fix not working. I have not tested regen, disease, etc yet.

Relevant files:
Attached File  asc64-phordicus.zip   947.26K   282 downloads
(I'm clua-ing in Valyg9 to test, btw).

For what it's worth, this all started with a change to Valygar's armor that was giving me an assertion error. I may just wipe and start over, testing as I go.

[NEW]
Clean install. Widescreen and ToBEx only. Poison still wonky.

Good news, though. Blindness is working with "Effect Opcode:" removed as specified so something else along the way is borking it.

Edited by phordicus, 10 December 2011 - 05:17 AM.

#89 bowbow99

bowbow99
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

As I posted here, I got same problem as phordicus reported (the poison one). I'll post here if I find something.
N.B. Version of TobEx which I tested is beta0021 (TobEx.dll's file version is 0.21.11.6).

#90 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

Oops, I think this was the problem...
creTarget.cdsCurrent.stateFlags &= STATE_POISONED;
Which cleared the STATE_DEAD flag. Should have been |=
There was a similar typo in the disease fix actually if the Slow effect was applied.

Edited by Ascension64, 10 December 2011 - 02:51 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#91 bowbow99

bowbow99
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

Tested new test version (0.22.12.11) and poison problem is fixed. Thanks for your quick work.

#92 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

Nice. Thanks for the update. Is there a workaround to update this on an install w/o weidu uninstalling/reinstalling all mods after it?

Also, Blindness works but seems to be backwards. If it's set to 1, it's vanilla; manually set to 0 in core.ini (or skipped during install, I'd assume) and it works as described.

#93 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

Nice. Thanks for the update. Is there a workaround to update this on an install w/o weidu uninstalling/reinstalling all mods after it?

Just find the TobEx.dll in the new archive and replace the one currently installed.

Also, Blindness works but seems to be backwards. If it's set to 1, it's vanilla; manually set to 0 in core.ini (or skipped during install, I'd assume) and it works as described.

Which one, Blindness Fix or Blindness As Per Spell Description?

--------------
Retired Modder

#94 phordicus

phordicus
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

Fix in core @ 0 + BAPSD in tweak @ 1 = blindness works

Edited by phordicus, 13 December 2011 - 06:27 PM.

#95 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:36 AM

So if both are 1, do you get Blindness Fix only, or vanilla behaviour (cumulative penalty)?

--------------
Retired Modder

#96 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

I realised that Kit Trigger Fix broke vanilla behaviour when mods used Kit(Myself,0). Therefore, Kit() with 0 will check only the low WORD of the kit, preserving BARBARIAN and WILDMAGE checks. Note you can still use Kit(Myself,40000000) and Kit(Myself,80000000) for the above two, which is preferred.

Edited by Ascension64, 17 December 2011 - 03:41 PM.

--------------
Retired Modder

#97 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Fix in core @ 0 + BAPSD in tweak @ 1 = blindness works

Fixed, I had the code the wrong way around, so now BAPSD should overwrite Blindness Fix as intended.

--------------
Retired Modder

#98 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

The fix for scrollable mage and priest spellbooks works. Replaced ToBEX.dll from stable Beta 21 with ToBEX.dll from Beta 23 120105.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#99 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Good to know, thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder

#100 Suslik

Suslik

Investigator

• 500 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thanks again for spell turning functionality + animation fixes.