Photo

Error installing (Failure: Required Content Missing)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

Hey guys - I've been trying in vain to install BWP and the installation keeps choking up on the IA bit. Not entirely sure why, though - I've downloaded and redownloaded all the component files and re-extracted all of them to IA/content and /restore, but the error message keeps popping up. I keep trying to run the IA setup separately whilst the BWP one is still paused in the background with the declaration that IA "has not been installed due to errors" (this is okay, by the way - right? I just don't want to have to run the whole damned thing again). Would really appreciate some help. Here's the debug. Thanks!
(Edit: shoved the messy mcmessington of debug detritus into a spoiler box. Yay it worked!)

Spoiler

Edited by vsirin, 13 February 2011 - 07:37 PM.

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

Don't need the WeiDU.log but the error message from your DEBUG file (not the whole file, just the text where it causes an ERROR). But I suspect you haven't downloaded and extracted all the content files - you might want to try that first. You'll need a utility like 7-Zip or WinZip to handle the .zip files.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:16 AM

Hey Miloch,

I think that actually was the DEBUG file - here's the error bit. Happens quite soon after installation starts, for some reason. And I've tried downloading the whole series of files afresh, along with the two that the error message specifically cite (including their older versions, just in case that was the problem but the same error message keeps coming up no matter what I do.

Thanks again!

-------------------------------

Install Component [Infinity Animations]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
Installing [Infinity Animations] [v5]
Copying 1 file ...
Copied [.../infinityanimations-inlined/t-ansi1.reg] to [infinityanimations/batch/t-ansi1.reg]
Copying and patching 1 file ...
[infinityanimations/batch/t-ansi1.reg] loaded, 2689 bytes
[./override/bhlizkng.cre] loaded, 1644 bytes
[./override/cbbgbera.cre] loaded, 1420 bytes
[./override/f_bel.cre] loaded, 1400 bytes

An installed mod requires Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.
[./override/frost01.cre] loaded, 1136 bytes

An installed mod requires Shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip extracted to your
infinityanimations/content folder.
[./override/pslady.cre] loaded, 1160 bytes

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after infinityanimations (there are no subfolders beyond that).

For WinZip, make sure the "Use folder names" box is *unselected*. You should
end up with a bunch of .bam files and no subfolders in your "content" and/or
restore folders. Rerun this installer once you've extracted all content.
FAILURE:
Required content missing.
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Infinity Animations], rolling back to previous state
[infinityanimations/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
Will uninstall 1 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 1 files for [INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2] component 0.
[./override/f_bel.cre] loaded, 1400 bytes
[./override/frost01.cre] loaded, 1136 bytes
[./override/pslady.cre] loaded, 1160 bytes
[./override/ntkeelor.dlg] loaded, 997 bytes

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

NOTE: Download all content from Spellhold Studios. Each content module is at
www.shsforums.net/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=98. Extract all archives
using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR
. Also,
make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or
/restore after infinityanimations (there are no subfolders beyond that).

vsirin, you have probably just extracted the files with the paths or to wrong folder, so you just have to open all the paths and move the files to the right folder... or do as you are told in the error message... open the .rar file with WinRAR, select the "Extract to", select the right path(*game folder*\infinityanimations\content) and in there the Advanced, and then select the circled option in this picture...
Posted Image

Of course you can do the setup yourself, but I would advice using the BiG World Setup, and so you don't have do all of this kinda stuff...

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 14 February 2011 - 07:44 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Thanks Jarno - I've been using 7-zip, so I downloaded WinRAR to do this again but the two archives specifically mentioned - Belhifet_and_Marilith.zip and shadows_harpy_frostgiant.zip - don't actually successfully extract via WinRAR. I did the 7-zip equivalent with a new /infinityanimations folder but still no joy.(picture attached)

Attached Images

• 7z.JPG

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:30 AM

You are extracting the files to content/Belhifet_and_Marilith. You need to make sure the extraction path terminates in "content" as the note marked "Important" says in the readme:

Important: Download all content you may require from the Infinity Animations download category at Spellhold Studios. If in doubt, download them all (most megamod installs will need all archives). Extract all archives using the "Do not extract paths" option on the Advanced tab in WinRAR. Also, make sure the "Destination path" on the General tab terminates in /content or /restore after infinityanimations (there should be no subfolders beyond that).

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#7 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Sorry - that was actually just for the screenshot. Everything is in the Content folder (save that one archive that goes into Restore) and there are no subdirectories within those folders.

Is it in any way significant that I used to run Chinese on this version of windows? I mean the auto ANSI code changer thing fixed it for me but I thought may it'd be significant...

#8 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:31 PM

Is it in any way significant that I used to run Chinese on this version of windows? I mean the auto ANSI code changer thing fixed it for me but I thought may it'd be significant...

It *might* be, but it seems more significant it's only reporting issues with the .zip files, not the .rar files. If it was a code page thing, it'd probably be reporting issues with everything, or with nothing, depending on the code page. You can check your code page by going into the Control Panel (there's instructions in the readme). I don't know what else to tell you. If all the extracted files are there, it should install. Maybe you can do a PrintFolder of your content directory or something and post that to make sure.

#9 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:52 AM

It *might* be, but it seems more significant it's only reporting issues with the .zip files, not the .rar files. If it was a code page thing, it'd probably be reporting issues with everything, or with nothing, depending on the code page. You can check your code page by going into the Control Panel (there's instructions in the readme). I don't know what else to tell you. If all the extracted files are there, it should install. Maybe you can do a PrintFolder of your content directory or something and post that to make sure.

Thanks, Miloch -
Code page seems okay...so that's not it. ACP and OEMCP in the right bit of the registry are also set under 1252, post-restart. I've attached the print folder. Does it seem okay?

Attached Files

#10 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:17 AM

Thanks, Miloch -
Code page seems okay...so that's not it. ACP and OEMCP in the right bit of the registry are also set under 1252, post-restart. I've attached the print folder. Does it seem okay?

Is there any way at all I could install the IA pack manually? Or be able to play the big mods - all of which I already have installed - without it?

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

You still don't have the contents of the .zip archives extracted to that folder, so I'm guessing they're in a subfolder or on your desktop or something. Check for these files (not listed in your printfolder):

µbqa1.bam (marilith)
µbra1.bam (frost giant)
µbsa1.bam (harpy)
µbta1.bam (large murky shadow)
µbua1.bam (small murky shadow)
µbva1.bam (belhifet)

#12 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:40 AM

You still don't have the contents of the .zip archives extracted to that folder, so I'm guessing they're in a subfolder or on your desktop or something. Check for these files (not listed in your printfolder):

µbqa1.bam (marilith)
µbra1.bam (frost giant)
µbsa1.bam (harpy)
µbta1.bam (large murky shadow)
µbua1.bam (small murky shadow)
µbva1.bam (belhifet)

I've just checked my archives for each of these files and they simply aren't there!!

Here's a shot of the marilith archive...

Attached Images

• meanthings.JPG

Edited by vsirin, 22 February 2011 - 11:42 AM.

#13 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

I don't know what happened, but somehow the µ got changed to an æ character. Either re-download the archives and try again or rename the contents manually. Obviously the µ character works on your system since you've got other files with it.

#14 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

I don't know what happened, but somehow the µ got changed to an æ character. Either re-download the archives and try again or rename the contents manually. Obviously the µ character works on your system since you've got other files with it.

Oh my, that's strange. Is it all the æ-prefix files in the two archives that I need to rename or just the ones you gave me in the list? Might look into getting a batch file rename utility if the latter.

Thanks again! :-)

#15 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:04 PM

All the BAMs in those two archives should begin with µ. This should be able to rename the files in one go.

#16 vsirin

vsirin
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

Sweet crap. It's actually working now. Thankyouthankyouthankyou! :D