Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#281 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Few more minor problems encountered.

Horace NPC: Horace's party banter with Aerie fires at BG2 even though he's not in party.

Tourist in Trouble Encounter: Nightime at Slums (AR0400.ARE) you meet Tourist being robbed by Shady Character and Ogre. Tourist can't talk to you after you kill the robbers due to bug in State Trigger at SLVIC10.DLG. Fixed locally.

Changed State Trigger 0 from:

Spoiler

to:

Spoiler

The Undying: Lock problem at CM7100.ARE in 2nd Floor of Dwarven Hammer:

Spoiler

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#282 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Fixes are up... Horace banter could've triggered with Jan, Korgan, Edwin, Mazzy, Aerie or Keldorn in your party as well :lol:

The Tourist thing is from Unfinished Business - you should report in their forums as well :) Also, SLVIC01.DLG

CM7100.ARE also has other containers with shitty items but locked with 100 difficulty - why did you leave them? :P Y u no liekz the shitty itamz? :D

Edited by Lollorian, 31 January 2014 - 10:01 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#283 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Fixes are up... Horace banter could've triggered with Jan, Korgan, Edwin, Mazzy, Aerie or Keldorn in your party as well :lol:

The Tourist thing is from Unfinished Business - you should report in their forums as well :) Also, SLVIC01.DLG

CM7100.ARE also has other containers with shitty items but locked with 100 difficulty - why did you leave them? :P Y u no liekz the shitty itamz? :D

Thanks for the fixes. :cheers:

Well about Horace i haven't had those others in my party yet (only Aerie) so time do some fixing with those NPCs also.

Ups :ermm: i don't have account at Pocket Plane (or any other BG sites :whistling: ) so i can't report there. Maybe i can as visitor but still... :blush:

Heh :lol: i always take everything (except books unless needed) so no slip ups this time either. :P Those containers 2, 7 and 8 at area CM7100.ARE have lock difficulty 100 but they aren't locked so no problems at taking those shitty items if needed. :D

#284 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Found small typo error in BG community's highly praised mod. :P

Exnem Vault: Typo error in AR0418.BCS. Replaced "slander" with "slandor". Fixed locally.

#285 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Found some problems (maybe not bugs) well actually not necessary problems but oddities anyway. :lol:

Areas Delryn Estate (AR1001.ARE) and Roenall Estate (AR1009.ARE) at Government have same area script AR1001.BCS. It doesn't cause any problems though (as far as i know, might be wrong though, happens sometimes). Problem is in vanilla BG2 (checked) too but i think that this should be fixed.

NEJ: NEJ locks the door to Vulova Estate at Government with Govan's Key (KEYVULOV.ITM). Only way to get the key is to take the Bodhi's offer (never use this option) instead of Gaylen Bayle or choices that Alternatives offers so Alternatives mod is broken. "Fixed" locally.

Edited by micbaldur, 04 February 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#286 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hubelpot NPC: Problems with respawned Lieutenant Aegisfield dialogue at Bridge (AR0500.ARE). Fixed locally.

Edited INSPECT.DLG by adding to State Trigger 0 and 1:

Spoiler

Update:

Fix to State Trigger 0 prevents restart of solved "Solve the Skinner Murders in the Bridge District" quest.

Fix to State Trigger 1 prevents infinite solving of "Solve the Skinner Murders in the Bridge District" quest and respawning of Lieutenant Aegisfield.

Edited by micbaldur, 15 February 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#287 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Got your exnem fix up :)

About the others:

Delryn Estate: I think this would be a job for the BG2Fixpack if it doesn't handle it at the moment (there might be mods that use only one of those areas :lol:)

NeJ: As someone who has zero knowledge of IWD or NeJ's storyline, I don't have a clue how to go about this. Would you suggest creating a new KEY or using the existing one? If a new key, where do you suggest people should find it? (technical details - AR9999.ARE at container 9000 - would be great instead of say, the storage box in Count Crackula's ping pong room) :P

Aegisfield: From what I gather, Hubelpot's script creates an Aegis copy right? No infinite police? :P

Also, the state triggers you added seem to go to vanilla dialogue states - could you check what mods are meddling with your INSPECT.DLG please? :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#288 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Got your exnem fix up :)

Great thanks again.

About the others:

Delryn Estate: I think this would be a job for the BG2Fixpack if it doesn't handle it at the moment (there might be mods that use only one of those areas :lol:)

Well you are right of course as always. It's just odd that 2 areas has same BCS-file.

NeJ: As someone who has zero knowledge of IWD or NeJ's storyline, I don't have a clue how to go about this. Would you suggest creating a new KEY or using the existing one? If a new key, where do you suggest people should find it? (technical details - AR9999.ARE at container 9000 - would be great instead of say, the storage box in Count Crackula's ping pong room) :P

Actually i don't know anything about Bodhi route (never sided with Bodhi) or what NEJ does there (never tried to find Leina). So i don't know where you get Govan's Key (KEYVULOV.ITM).

But NEJ adds travel trigger to Vulova Estate (AR1007.ARE) to access new area Cellar (TT0080.ARE) where you find Leina. Maybe that key could use to open that travel trigger not Vulova Estate door at Government (AR1000.ARE). So then you don't need to get that key if you don't want to take Bodhi route.

But i don't know how this change affects NEJ and Bodhi route (break or no break, that's the question), sorry.

Aegisfield: From what I gather, Hubelpot's script creates an Aegis copy right? No infinite police? :P

Actually you right about that infinite thing, AR0500.BCS spawns him only once, i was wrong about that. I was tired and ready for bed.

Also, the state triggers you added seem to go to vanilla dialogue states - could you check what mods are meddling with your INSPECT.DLG please? :)

Of course if it helps. Here's change-log:

Spoiler

#289 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

ISNF: Encountered little dialogue problem. Reported it to Lava at ISNF bug topic here.

#290 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Minor problem with OnCreation() at Government (AR1000.ARE). Explore() doesn't work. Fixed locally.

@ Lollorian

Wondering how your mini-project went. Just curious. ;)

#291 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

It's going... very well :ermm: (which means I forgot - will have a look this sunday :lol:)

#292 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

Encountered one problem.

Saerileth NPC: Problems with spawning of Sir Havun Clarenshide (NSHAVUN.CRE) at Order of the Radiant Heart (AR0903.ARE). BG2 Tweak Pack's component "Sensible Entrance Points" rotates area so Sir Havun spawns at "bad" place and get lost when i open the door. Fixed locally.

Edited Action 13 and 15 at NSHAVUN.DLG from:

Spoiler

to:

Spoiler

I have to say that Order of Radiant Heart look much better now.

Also one old problem "fixed".

Roger the Fence's Sea Troll quest is "bugged". Several Sea Trolls was killed in BG1 so quest is already "done". "Fixed" locally. Thanks to 10th.

Edited by micbaldur, 26 February 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#293 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

TDD: Problem with script AR0300.BCS at Docks (AR0300.ARE). Trigger !IsGabber(PlayerX) prevents script firing. I checked IESDP what that trigger does but i didn't get any smarter. Fixed locally by removing those triggers.

Removed !IsGabber(PlayerX) from block:

IF
	!IsGabber(Player1)
	!IsGabber(Player2)
	!IsGabber(Player3)
	!IsGabber(Player4)
	!IsGabber(Player5)
	!IsGabber(Player6)
	Global("XzarPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)
	OR(2)
		Global("LyrosJob","GLOBAL",3)
		Dead("LYROS")
	Exists("Rylock")
	Global("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("RylockLeavesHarperDoor","AR0300",1)
		CloseDoor("DOOR0308")
		Lock("DOOR0308")
		ActionOverride("Rylock",EscapeArea())
		Wait(5)
		CreateVisualEffectObject("spdimndr",Player1)
		Wait(1)
		CreateCreatureObjectOffset("xzar13",Player1,[150.0]) // Xzar
END

Edited by micbaldur, 28 February 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#294 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:25 AM

Uldar NPC: First The Undying mod overwrites original Captain Haegan (HAEGAN.CRE) (no problems, already know issue) then Uldar NPC mod overwrites Captain Haegan at Slaver HQ (AR0405.ARE).

From Setup-Uldar.tp:

COPY ~Uldar\CRE\Haegan.cre~ ~override\Haegan.cre~

Edited by micbaldur, 06 March 2014 - 05:54 AM.

#295 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

Problem with Jaheira when she's returning from Harpers (before Galvarey). You get wrong Jaheira (BG1 one not BG2 one). So all local variables, experience and so on are gone (causes stuttering because she tries to initiate some? dialogue).

This problem happens if you don't have Jaheira in party when transition from BG1 to BG2. Script at AR0602.BCS adds JAHEIR7.CRE, JAHEIR8.CRE, JAHEIR11.CRE or JAHEIR12.CRE (depending on CHARNAMEs level) to GAM-file.

From AR0602.BCS:

IF
	Global("JaheiraImport","GLOBAL",0)
	Global("JaheiraPartyBG1","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("JaheiraImport","GLOBAL",1)
		ReallyForceSpellRES("BGJAPORT","Jaheira") // No such index
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("Jaheira",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("dplayer",DEFAULT))
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",ChangeAIScript("SBTJAH",RACE))
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetDialog("Jaheira"))
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",SetNumTimesTalkedTo(0))
		Continue()
END

IF
	Global("JaheiraPartyBG1","GLOBAL",0)
	Dead("Jaheira")
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("JaheiraImport","GLOBAL",2)
		Continue()
END

IF
	!Dead("Jaheira")
	LevelLT(Player1,8)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("Jaheir7",[3898.2676],6) // Jaheira
		SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADJAHEIRA","GLOBAL",0)
		ActionOverride("Jaheira",MakeGlobal())
		Continue()
END

IF
	!Dead("Jaheira")
	LevelGT(Player1,7)
	LevelLT(Player1,11)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("Jaheir8",[3898.2676],6) // Jaheira
		Continue()
END

IF
	!Dead("Jaheira")
	Level(Player1,11)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("Jaheir11",[3898.2676],6) // Jaheira
		Continue()
END

IF
	!Dead("Jaheira")
	LevelGT(Player1,11)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		CreateCreature("Jaheir12",[3898.2676],6) // Jaheira
		Continue()
END

From IESDP:

234 MoveGlobalObjectOffScreen(O:Object*,O:Target*)
This action moves the object creature a screen away from the specified target creature.
The target object must be stored in the GAM file (i.e. NPC or added explicitly via the
MakeGlobal action.

From BALDUR.BCS:

IF
	PartyRested()
	GlobalTimerExpired("JaheiraReturn","GLOBAL")
	Global("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("JaheiraReturns","GLOBAL",1)
		MoveGlobalObject("Jaheira",Player1)
END

I don't know how this can be fixed. Maybe importing Jaheira from BG1 even if she's not in party or deleting BG1 Jaheira from GAM-file.

Edited by micbaldur, 08 March 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#296 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:38 AM

You get wrong Jaheira (BG1 one not BG2 one).
Sounds like it's the other way around? You get the BG2 one (JAHEIR7-12 are all BG2 versions of Jaheira), which is by design, as BGT doesn't import BG2 joinables who weren't in player's party.

Problem with Jaheira when she's returning from Harpers (before Galvarey). You get wrong Jaheira (BG1 one not BG2 one). So all local variables, experience and so on are gone (causes stuttering because she tries to initiate some? dialogue).

This problem happens if you don't have Jaheira in party when transition from BG1 to BG2. Script at AR0602.BCS adds JAHEIR7.CRE, JAHEIR8.CRE, JAHEIR11.CRE or JAHEIR12.CRE (depending on CHARNAMEs level) to GAM-file.

I don't know how this can be fixed. Maybe importing Jaheira from BG1 even if she's not in party or deleting BG1 Jaheira from GAM-file.
If anything should be fixed it's the script block that causes the stuttering, because it shouldn't be happening and indicates an error in the script. Obviously there aren't any vanilla BG2 scripts that check BGT local variables. If it's some mod that depends on those Jaheira locals from BGT and causes the stutter, then it also should take care to take into account how BGT handles Jaheira's import.

I'd check Jaheira's scripts to locate the offending block.

#297 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:11 AM

Sounds like it's the other way around? You get the BG2 one (JAHEIR7-12 are all BG2 versions of Jaheira), which is by design, as BGT doesn't import BG2 joinables who weren't in player's party.

Well it's look like i wasn't clear what i mean (it happens a lot). I'm not native english so sorry for that.

Yes i get BG2 Jaheira (JAHEIR11.CRE) at start of BG2 (in Irencius Dungeon) because i didn't have Jaheira in party. So no problems there.

Problem is this. Jaheira leaves party during Jaheira's Harper HQ when Meronia comes to talk to her. Then after you rest Jaheira comes back from her sidetrip and joins your party after some bantering about going back Harper HQ to meet Galvarey.

Cre-file that joins is JAHEIRA.CRE (from BG1) not JAHEIR11.CRE like it should be. That's why those local variables and other things are gone.

What i meant that if BGT imports Jaheira despite her NOT being in party you don't get that BG2 cre-file in GAM-file at save file. Then you get automatically get right cre-file when Jaheira comes back.

My opinion is that BGT should import those mandatory BG2 NPCs (Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, Viconia and Edwin) to BG2 side even if they are not in party during transition.

#298 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:02 AM

My opinion is that BGT should import those mandatory BG2 NPCs (Jaheira, Minsc, Imoen, Viconia and Edwin) to BG2 side even if they are not in party during transition.
Then you'll get a level 1-2 Jaheira in BG2 if you kicked her out for good in BGT after reaching Nashkel, for example.
What i meant that if BGT imports Jaheira despite her NOT being in party you don't get that BG2 cre-file in GAM-file at save file. Then you get automatically get right cre-file when Jaheira comes back.
This might be a BGT bug then, caused by how MoveGlobalObject works. I'll do some tests on this later, but sounds like it's picking up the first script name it finds in GAM (which is the BGT version of Jaheira), instead of using the last one added with MakeGlobal() in AR0602 script.

Or it could be that the MakeGlobal() in your case failed to fire for some reason. There's no SetInterrupt(FALSE) preceding it, so it's possible Jaheira was interrupted by another script action without performing MakeGlobal().

Edited by pro5, 09 March 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#299 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Then you'll get a level 1-2 Jaheira in BG2 if you kicked her out for good in BGT after reaching Nashkel, for example.

Usually that doesn't matter as the Level 1 NPCs fixes that... hihihihihihi.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#300 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:12 AM

Well then she level 1-2 so what's the problem. It's life, people aren't same level. :P

But it's just me, i can live with this.

This might be a BGT bug then, caused by how MoveGlobalObject works. I'll do some tests on this later, but sounds like it's picking up the first script name it finds in GAM (which is the BGT version of Jaheira), instead of using the last one added with MakeGlobal() in AR0602 script.

Or it could be that the MakeGlobal() in your case failed to fire for some reason. There's no SetInterrupt(FALSE) preceding it, so it's possible Jaheira was interrupted by another script action without performing MakeGlobal().

Well this could be just random problem in my local BWP (known to happen sometimes, maybe).

Anyway i take your for it. You know much more than i ever will. :D