Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#241 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:04 AM

In the process of going through the latest posts in the thread and adding them to the fixpack right now :cheers: You should know by now that I love this thread :D

May I ask why the ARW012.ARE thing is gamebreaking? :unsure: (it's a standard BGT area and I really don't think A64 would've kept a gamebreaking bug unfixed for so long :P)

Great work for maintaing BWP fixpack. :coolthumb: Glad if my topic helps you.

Oh :unsure: about that gamebreaking bug :ermm: well ... :blink: ah... :whistling: oh.... nice weather today by the way (sunny and -5 C).

I might have exaggerate little bit (not much :P ). It's only Potion of Regeneration that don't show up because wrong type nothing more. :D

Update: It's not A64 fault it's in vanilla BG1 (AR2012.ARE) too. Sorry about this. :P

Sorry Imp for that ninja thing. :P

Edited by micbaldur, 14 December 2013 - 07:16 AM.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#242 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

May I ask why the ARW012.ARE thing is gamebreaking?

Erhm, nearly... as in not at all ! I would call this as a small exaggeration, in other words: total BS.

Ninja's. <_<

Edited by The Imp, 14 December 2013 - 07:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#243 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I feel stupid now :doh:

Nothing to see here folks... move along :ermm:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#244 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I really need to get some kind of shitty code made to do this container fixing automatically :lol: I can't yet put a finger on a set pattern though...

Anyway, I've added just the BGT regen potion fix :)

NeJ removing the flame sword seems intentional for some reason :unsure: Will do a thorough-er search to find all possible sources of SW1H24 before deciding whether to comment out that removal code :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#245 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

I really need to get some kind of shitty code made to do this container fixing automatically :lol: I can't yet put a finger on a set pattern though...

Anyway, I've added just the BGT regen potion fix :)

NeJ removing the flame sword seems intentional for some reason :unsure: Will do a thorough-er search to find all possible sources of SW1H24 before deciding whether to comment out that removal code :D

Thanks for fixing that very small container bug. :coolthumb:  Little bug is bug also. :P

Well about that Flame Tongue issue. I didn't found any Flame Tongue in my previous BWP install so i decided to add it back there. About NEJ removal code maybe it related to missing Part 3 of NEJ. Who knows, main thing it's missing. :lol:

#246 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Just got this piece of code up into the lolfixer - caught ARW012.ARE properly :coolthumb: (also caught container 6 in AR2101.ARE in my game - which I tested in game and yes it was a legitimate find :D)

Also, it seems there are quite a few sources of SW1h24 in NeJ itself so maybe that's why they removed it from Durlag's... but this is a handicap and I think the creators probably never thought that NeJ is a very small portion of a BWP game :lol: Will try to get that patch removed... but NeJ is one messed up mod in the BWP - the amount of patches it has is staggering :o

#247 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

Just got this piece of code up into the lolfixer - caught ARW012.ARE properly :coolthumb: (also caught container 6 in AR2101.ARE in my game - which I tested in game and yes it was a legitimate find :D)

Also, it seems there are quite a few sources of SW1h24 in NeJ itself so maybe that's why they removed it from Durlag's... but this is a handicap and I think the creators probably never thought that NeJ is a very small portion of a BWP game :lol: Will try to get that patch removed... but NeJ is one messed up mod in the BWP - the amount of patches it has is staggering :o

Well only problem with removed Flame Tongue from Durlag's Tower is that you can't find other one in BG1 and Thorengrim Hammerfist's (Friendly Arm Inn) item enhancement needs one.

You can find several Flame Tongue's at BG2 (Vale of Shadows part of NEJ and several others elsewhere) but it doesn't help when you need one for Thorengrim Hammerfist's item enhancement.

You can't travel from BG2 to BG1areas (well actually you can but still). In future this won't be a problem because Imp is making a mod that allow traveling to BG1 areas from BG2.

Oh nice piece code you have there. :blink:

Thanks for your hard work and making BWP bugfree. :cheers:

#248 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Mods that waits english before i install:

Spoiler

Hei mic, hyvää päivää.

About those mods:

Some of them are just in need of proofreading, already turned into english (as an example all the polish mods).

The others are currently under work :)

#249 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Mods that waits english before i install:

Spoiler

Hei mic, hyvää päivää.

About those mods:

Some of them are just in need of proofreading, already turned into english (as an example all the polish mods).

The others are currently under work :)

Heh  :D  hei Nightfarer hyvää päivää sinullekin.

Nice to meet someone who can speak suomi.

Thank you for letting me know about status of those mods and thank you for translating those mods in englsih. :cheers:

#250 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hei Mic.

Oh, you know, I have many friends in Northern Europe :D

You're welcome :new_thumbs:

About Vendedor DLAN it was Lizandro who "was" (I don't know if still is, got no news) proofreading it.

Last one added to Textpack English was Macholy's Living Mod.

#251 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Moi Nightfarer.

It's always nice to have foreign friends. :lol:

Thanks more update. :coolthumb:

Luckily (well maybe not lucky but anyway :P ) i'm not in hurry for making new BWP, i'm still at BG1. So time for next BWP is maybe next summer. I hope that translation for those mods are ready then.

Also i hope to find these missing mods before my next BWP install:

Spoiler

#252 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Tämä on varma :lol:

Nameless Melody Inn 2 is currently under proofreading by Gertwenger (who's also re-revising Breagar).

If interested, Houyi 2 already supports english.

Les Exiles de Lunargent is under proofreading by Xicloing and I'm finishing english translation of Severian.

#253 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

Thanks for updated news about those mods. :coolthumb:

Tosi hienoo että modsien kiäntäminen etenööpi sukkelaan. ;) Heh vähän savvoo tähän välliin niinku kielitestiks, ehkäpä imppikään ei ossoo tätä. :D Hyvä ku itekään ossoon vaikka oon savosta kotosin kiero savolainen ku oon, nykyään hämäläinen että se on moro nyt. :P

Glad to hear that translating those mods progress well. Looks like i have to add those mods to my next BWP install (maybe next summer). Hopely i find those missing mods by them. :lol:

#254 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:38 AM

Heh vähän savvoo tähän välliin niinku kielitestiks, ehkäpä imppikään ei ossoo tätä. :D

Hahahhahahaaaa. Good luck trying that, cause the only how you could be through the usage of the Helsinki-Swedish lingo and that's cause I suck at Swedish, even if my grand mother was originally from Ahvenanmaa, and I have distant relatives that live in Swedish mainland.
Ei silti, oon koko elämäni asunu vaan Hämeenlinnassa, no ei toki linnan sisäpuolella, vaan noin 5 kilometrii Pohjosis-Lännessä siitä.. Siinä Prisman lähistöllä. :P Et moro vaan. No jos unohdetaan että asuin Izzy'n louna kaks kuukauutta Ohiossa, eli hänen. ;) On muuten hauska huomata että kukaan Suomalainen ei enää kirjota kirja kieltä... jos tilanne ei ihan pakosti vaadi sitä. :coolthumb:

Anyways, it would really be nice if I could make the ultimate BWS install in the coming future that would have everything nice on it finally... it's so close.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#255 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hahahhahahaaaa. Good luck trying that, cause the only how you could be through the usage of the Helsinki-Swedish lingo and that's cause I suck at Swedish, even if my grand mother was originally from Ahvenanmaa, and I have distant relatives that live in Swedish mainland.
Ei silti, oon koko elämäni asunu vaan Hämeenlinnassa, no ei toki linnan sisäpuolella, vaan noin 5 kilometrii Pohjosis-Lännessä siitä.. Siinä Prisman lähistöllä. :P Et moro vaan. No jos unohdetaan että asuin Izzy'n louna kaks kuukauutta Ohiossa, eli hänen. ;) On muuten hauska huomata että kukaan Suomalainen ei enää kirjota kirja kieltä... jos tilanne ei ihan pakosti vaadi sitä. :coolthumb:

Kokeilin vaan ymmärretäänkö täällä savoa vaikka en kyllä itsekään osaa sitä, saati sitten muitakaan murteita.

Heh kirjakieli mitäs se on. Kuten opettajat jo koulussa sano, kielet joita en osaa ovat suomi ja ruotsi.

Minä taas olen ihan savolaista sukua molemmin puolin (isä ja äiti) ja Varkaudesta (ei tosin mikään savolainen kaupunki kuitenkaan) lähtösin. Mulla on kyllä pikkuserkkuja Johannesburgissa Etelä-Afrikassa.

Enpä tiedä missä toi prisma on Hämeenlinnassa, enpä ole ikinä Hämeenlinnassa käyny, ainoastaan ohi ajanut. Muutin viime kuussa Lempäälään Irjalasta (Tampereella).

Anyways, it would really be nice if I could make the ultimate BWS install in the coming future that would have everything nice on it finally... it's so close.

What stopping you, so go for nearly perfect BWP expert-install right now (like me).

Se on moro nyt.

#256 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

Well old problem has changed a bit. :lol:

Vault: Vault changes The Vampire's Revenge (SW1H19.ITM) to The Vampire's Revenge +1 (SW1HVAM.ITM) and breaks Ruad's item enhancements at BG2.

Fixed locally by adding this line to action 2 at ULCAST.DLG:

Spoiler

So now Ulcaster gives 2 swords: The Vampire's Revenge (SW1H19.ITM) for Ruad's item enhancements and The Vampire's Revenge +1 (SW1HVAM.ITM) for quests at Vault and NTotSC mods.

More related info about this problem here and here.

#257 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

One problem encountered during end of BG1 stuff.

Jarl's Adventure Pack: Nelfas Vrock and Prisoner at same place (Nelfas Vrock is "under" Prisoner, i have to ctrl-y Prisoner so that i can talk to Nelfas Vrock) at cellar (AR7211) in Duchal Palace.

So prologue is over and time to start serious gaming at SoA. :D

Oh, well :( time to my chores and start milking cows and so on.

#258 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

Ola micbaldur man :cheers:

Can you zip/rar/7z your BiG World Debug.txt and attach it up please? :P That last problem with Nelfas Vroc seems to be something caused by the lolfixer :ermm:

#259 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:45 AM

Ola micbaldur man :cheers:

Can you zip/rar/7z your BiG World Debug.txt and attach it up please? :P That last problem with Nelfas Vroc seems to be something caused by the lolfixer :ermm:

Buenas diaz, Lollorian. :cheers:

Always ready to help you if i can. :D

So here it is.

Attached File  BiG World Debug.rar   1.14MB   223 downloads

Edited by micbaldur, 12 January 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#260 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:58 AM

Ok yeah as I thought:

AR7211.ARE error: Actor #3 set to disappear after 0 seconds! Setting to -1...

Jarl's Adv Pack sets the Prisoner to disappear but the lolfixer thinks it's an error and makes him not disappear :lol: Will probably have to make an exception for this guy now - even though I think this is an inefficient way to replace a CRE in an area :unsure: