Photo

Notes, Oddities and Possible Bugs in My BWP Game (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
1094 replies to this topic

#761 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Breagar NPC: Couple typos at ACBRE.BCS.

Changed:

IF
    InParty("NALIA")
    InParty(Myself)
    See("NALIA")
    AreaCheck("AR0400")
    Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !Global("ACBREFRIEND","GLOBAL",3)
    !See([ENEMY])
    !StateCheck("ACBre",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck("NAILA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("ACAR0400","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("ACAR0400","LOCALS",1)
        Continue()
END

to:

IF
    InParty("NALIA")
    InParty(Myself)
    See("NALIA")
    AreaCheck("AR0400")
    Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",2)
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    !StateCheck("NALIA",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("ACAR0400","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("ACAR0400","LOCALS",1)
        Continue()
END

Typo at ACBRE.BAF.

Changed:

IF
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("M#ARE01")
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("ACM#ARE01","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("ACM#ARE01","LOCALS",1)
        Continue()
END

to:

IF
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    AreaCheck("M#AR01")
    CombatCounter(0)
    !See([ENEMY])
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    Global("ACM#ARE01","LOCALS",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("ACM#ARE01","LOCALS",1)
        Continue()
END

Typo at ACAMBER.BAF.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#762 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:55 PM

I encountered same problem that i had previous BWP.

Jarl's Adventure Pack: Nelfas Vrock and Prisoner at same place (Nelfas Vrock is "under" Prisoner, i have to ctrl-y Prisoner so that i can talk to Nelfas Vrock) at cellar (AR7211.ARE) in Duchal Palace.

#763 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

I searched for a Nelfas Vrock but didn't hit anything :unsure: Is this already fixed? (maybe last time you reported? :P) Anyway the script fixes are BWPFixpack'd :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#764 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

I searched for a Nelfas Vrock but didn't hit anything :unsure: Is this already fixed? (maybe last time you reported? :P) Anyway the script fixes are BWPFixpack'd :D

Well :blink: i don't know if you fixed Nelfas Vrock issue ages ago but my report is here and also some of your comments.

#765 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

Ahahaha :ermm: (fuck I totally forgot)

I'll get a patch up for Jarl's pack this weekend to add Nelfas beside the prisoner :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#766 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

I'll get a patch up for Jarl's pack this weekend to add Nelfas beside the prisoner :P

Great  :clap:  that good idea to add Nelfas and not to remove vanilla prisoner. I think that it was bad idea from Jarl  :new_bottom:  to remove that prisoner and then add Nelfas.

#767 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:50 AM

Heya Lollorian, just checking if you haven't forgot to do the same with Bekki in Elfsong :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#768 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:38 PM

Finished BG1 and moved to BG2 without any problems.

Doing my chores at Candlekeep now and encountered first problem.

CtB: Looping dialogue after tag cutscene with Imoen at Candlekeep Chores (AR3500). Fixed locally.

Changed at CBIMOENQ.BCS:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("CbImoenPlayed","AR3500",1)
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        Wait(1)
        ActionOverride("CBIMOENL",DisplayStringHead("CBIMOENL",84360)) // Caught ya, <CHARNAME>!
        Wait(5)
        SetCursorState(FALSE)
        ActionOverride("CBIMOENL",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

to:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        Wait(1)
        ActionOverride("CBIMOENL",DisplayStringHead("CBIMOENL",84360)) // Caught ya, <CHARNAME>!
        Wait(5)
        SetCursorState(FALSE)
        SetGlobal("CbImoenPlayed","AR3500",1)
        ActionOverride("CBIMOENL",StartDialogueNoSet(Player1))
END

I don't have any idea why moving SetGlobal helps, yet again. :whistling:

Oh well, back to doing my chores.

#769 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Apparently that was an undocumented fix from ancient history :lol: Remov'd

#770 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

Small update:

Jarl's Adv Pack makes 44 actors disappear from many areas from the game - it does replace them with the mod's custom actors, but ideally it should have used the original actor and added the new mod stuff instead of overwriting the old actor :unsure: (I guess the actors it removes are minor NPCs but still who knows what random needs those actors :lol: I can think of 1 mod atleast... Aurora which assigns those berry things to random NPCs - what if these NPCs had some unique berry or someshit :P)

I can re-enable this Prisoner but that leaves 43 other NPCs which I'm not too keen on handling right now (at the risk of making some areas too crowded btw)

@Creepin: Yes Bekki is handled by the Fixpack for now :P She is one of those actors replacing a random Serving Wench :D

Edited by Lollorian, 24 September 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#771 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

When you say disappear and replace, do you mean that the actors are different .cre files, and if so, can you list them ? So people can Console them in, to whatever custom maps they have besides the vanilla BG2's.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#772 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

The code that makes them dissappear is like this:

COPY_EXISTING ~AR7239.ARE~ ~override~
PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x11b) BEGIN
READ_SHORT 0x54 "JA#OFF_ACT"
WRITE_LONG "JA#OFF_ACT" + (0x110 * 0) + 0x38        0x00000000
WRITE_LONG "JA#OFF_ACT" + (0x110 * 1) + 0x38        0x00000000
END
BUT_ONLY

This block makes Actor #0 & #1 in AR7239.ARE disappear after 0 seconds of spawning - so if some mod were to I dunno reindex the actors in an area, you darn well fucked :D (also this shows why I can't give you a list of CRE files sorry :()

#773 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Small update:

Jarl's Adv Pack makes 44 actors disappear from many areas from the game - it does replace them with the mod's custom actors, but ideally it should have used the original actor and added the new mod stuff instead of overwriting the old actor :unsure: (I guess the actors it removes are minor NPCs but still who knows what random needs those actors :lol: I can think of 1 mod atleast... Aurora which assigns those berry things to random NPCs - what if these NPCs had some unique berry or someshit :P)

I can re-enable this Prisoner but that leaves 43 other NPCs which I'm not too keen on handling right now (at the risk of making some areas too crowded btw)

@Creepin: Yes Bekki is handled by the Fixpack for now :P She is one of those actors replacing a random Serving Wench :D

This explains a lot for me!!!!

Jarl's Adv Pack removes not only creatures, it also replaces items and changes whole scripts assigned to cre's (Bently, Jopi e.g. at Friendly Arm, Tazok and others). It will take some time to analyze the whole impact of this mod on the game.

With that mod about half a dozen triggers and dialogues for my own mod are corrupted and one quest will fail halfways through (in BG1 part alone). I will treat this accordingly - as of now Jarl and Sandrah are incompatible mods.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#774 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:41 PM

I personally think the mod should be moved to Expert if it isn't already :unsure:

@Roxanne: Please do share your analysis if you do it - might help if someone decides to make the mod play better at a later time :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 24 September 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#775 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:45 PM

Small update:

Aurora normally installs after Jarl

This explains a lot for me!!!!

Jarl's Adv Pack removes not only creatures, it also replaces items and changes whole scripts assigned to cre's (Bently, Jopi e.g. at Friendly Arm, Tazok and others). It will take some time to analyze the whole impact of this mod on the game.

With that mod about half a dozen triggers and dialogues for my own mod are corrupted and one quest will fail halfways through (in BG1 part alone). I will treat this accordingly - as of now Jarl and Sandrah are incompatible mods.

The Sandrah Saga

#776 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

I personally think the mod should be moved to Expert if it isn't already :unsure:

@Roxanne: Please do share your analysis if you do it - might help if someone decides to make the mod play better at a later time :cheers:

At a minimum the mod when assigning new DV's to its cloned and replaced creatures should use the original cre name = DV convention, not JA#Crename. This way other mods are able to recognise the replaced creature. Same for dialogues in case you appended to the original one.

PS

This is how BWP treats the mod:
Install Component 0 [Sinvolle Fixes & Wiederherstellungen]? [I]nstall  Only the component normally installs
Install Component 1 [Jarl's BGT Adventure Pack]? [I]nstall
This component is not compatible with the mod Northern Tales of the Sword Coast because you would have Svlast
and Pilar twice.
Install Component 2 [NSC-Portraets fuer Hauptkomponente]? [I]nstall
Install Component 3 [Die Grotte des Schwarzen Alaric]? [I]nstall
This component is not compatible with the BG1 NPC Project because it adds a second peaceful solution to Seniya dialog,
with this you loose the whole Jaheira quest from BG1 NPC Project.

Edited by Roxanne, 24 September 2015 - 11:59 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#777 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

Install Component 0 [Sinvolle Fixes & Wiederherstellungen]?
BTW, "Fixes and Restorations" component arbitrarily shifts vanilla items from one vanilla merchant to another. While this is not severe incompatibility issue per se, I believe it's bad to sneak such things into the game under the cover of fixes and restorations.

#778 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 06:28 AM

Sad that these issues can't be adress with Jarl, at least i can't. I don't undertand german and can't access kerzenburg site.

#779 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:12 AM

Sad that these issues can't be adress with Jarl, at least i can't. I don't undertand german and can't access kerzenburg site.
I have asked a few questions at Kerzenburg (my new ISP happened to be not blocked by Kerzenburg, oh joy!) - the folks there are friendly enough to answer in English. Found out that some of these issues was already known there (at least issues with Nelfas and Bekki), but Jarl was MIA for quite a some time.

#780 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:24 AM

I have asked a few questions at Kerzenburg (my new ISP happened to be not blocked by Kerzenburg, oh joy!) - the folks there are friendly enough to answer in English. Found out that some of these issues was already known there (at least issues with Nelfas and Bekki), but Jarl was MIA for quite a some time.

It's always bad news that modder is MIA.

Sadly i can't access that link, firefox don't like kerzenburg, something about not trusted site.