Game Freezes at Throne of Bhaal Ascension Fight

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

At final battle with Melissan after i kill last bhaalspawn (usually Sendai) game freezes. This is first time i try Ascension of any kind so i don't know what is supposed to happen next.

I have BP-Ascension installed.

My weidu.log is here.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#2 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:27 AM

If the game "freezes" then make sure you have "Logging On=1" in your baldur.ini file, then reproduce the crash (if necessary) and post the textual contents of your Baldur.err file.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:55 AM

If the game "freezes" then make sure you have "Logging On=1" in your baldur.ini file, then reproduce the crash (if necessary) and post the textual contents of your Baldur.err file.

Well i have "Logging On=1" for long time now. :P

Game doesn't CTD it just freeze, cursor don't move. I waited several minutes and nothing happens. Then i use Alt-Tab to Windows and close the game.

Baldur.err is empty.

#4 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

Odd. If the cursor doesn't move though, it sounds like essentially a crash (just not a CtD). Otherwise, it could be a scripting loop, but it doesn't sound like that.

Do you get any message if you look in Event Viewer? (On XP, Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, Application, then scroll down and see if you see some sort of error in bgmain.exe or similar - might be different on other operating systems.)

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#5 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

Odd. If the cursor doesn't move though, it sounds like essentially a crash (just not a CtD). Otherwise, it could be a scripting loop, but it doesn't sound like that.

Do you get any message if you look in Event Viewer? (On XP, Start, Settings, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, Application, then scroll down and see if you see some sort of error in bgmain.exe or similar - might be different on other operating systems.)

No nothing on Event Viever about bgmain.exe or anything like that.

Well i might found the cause of the problem. My harddisk0 (windows) is dying. BG is at same disk but on other partion.

So it seams that i can't finish the game. I plan to switch the hardisk and reinstall everything and then make a new BWP install.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

My harddisk0 (windows) is dying. BG is at same disk but on other partion.

Ugh, well I guess that could explain it. I've had that happen several times (gone through I don't know how many installs). If you're lucky, you could copy your install to some other drive and just change the baldur.ini references, but that might not be possible if you've got bad hard disk sectors.

#7 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

My harddisk0 (windows) is dying. BG is at same disk but on other partion.

Ugh, well I guess that could explain it. I've had that happen several times (gone through I don't know how many installs). If you're lucky, you could copy your install to some other drive and just change the baldur.ini references, but that might not be possible if you've got bad hard disk sectors.

Well that's true. I could copy the install but it almost the end of game so i think that it isn't worth the trouble. I probably make a new BWP install.

I was wondering does Melissan cast many spells at that point because when many spells are casted the game have freezed like that for a few seconds. I don't mean this install only but previous installs also.

#8 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:17 PM

I tried again. I decided to leave Illasera last and game didn't freeze. All went ok.

So my conclusion is that if Sendai is last bhaalspawn to die my game freezes. Tried this few times and it always lead to freeze.

I don't know is my failing harddisk0 affecting at any way but i managed to finish the game.

Edited by micbaldur, 19 March 2011 - 06:18 PM.