NEJ Questions and Bugs (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

aaa i see, thats bothersome, well i just used the console instead, but its good to know why the changes didt update in my save thanks

Why it's bothersome. :ermm:

It's easy to edit ARE-file in save-file with NI, it's like editing normal ARE-file.

But it's you call. :lol:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#42 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

i ran in too something weird again.... after completing halruaa and booting hrothgar to kingdom come, NEJ might be the most annoying mod ever ... anyway i went to sleep and ended up in dream candlekeep

"The portal has been activated" and you can either leave or go through it . if you leave nothing happens and im stuck in the dreamworld if i go through i end up back in halruaa academy which is empty since i killed everyone ... anyways ive been trying to dig into this forawhile but i am stuck. do you know anything of this?

#43 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

i ran in too something weird again.... after completing halruaa and booting hrothgar to kingdom come, NEJ might be the most annoying mod ever ... anyway i went to sleep and ended up in dream candlekeep

"The portal has been activated" and you can either leave or go through it . if you leave nothing happens and im stuck in the dreamworld if i go through i end up back in halruaa academy which is empty since i killed everyone ... anyways ive been trying to dig into this forawhile but i am stuck. do you know anything of this?

Yes NEJ has many problems sad that nobody maintains that mod any more.

I did encounter problem with "The portal has been activated" but it was at Underdark Exit (chapter 6) and during campfire scene with Imoen (Imoen Romance mod). Nothing like you as far as can remember.

For me setting global "VP_Touch_Statue" to 6 helped but i don't know does it help you.

#44 altur

altur
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah found the variables for that dialogue, this seems to be a hickup from imoen romance mod , she initiates a dialogue with you and triggers the first viable statetrigger which was the halrua portal thing rather than the imoen dialogue. The NEJ mod never changed those variables to a safe state and since imoen only initiates the dialogue once nothing happens after. Changing those two triggering variables made the dream sequence continue as normal.

That portal activation thingie is from the gallery in halruaa order to get out of there the variables need to be as is when your in halruaa but should be changed when you leave.

You get quite profficient at going through all these tons of data from correcting bugs;)  thanks for your help

Edited by altur, 07 May 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#45 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Yeah found the variables for that dialogue, this seems to be a hickup from imoen romance mod , she initiates a dialogue with you and triggers the first viable statetrigger which was the halrua portal thing rather than the imoen dialogue. The NEJ mod never changed those variables to a safe state and since imoen only initiates the dialogue once nothing happens after. Changing those two triggering variables made the dream sequence continue as normal.

That portal activation thingie is from the gallery in halruaa order to get out of there the variables need to be as is when your in halruaa but should be changed when you leave.

Well Nej is unfinished mod (missing 3 part) that's why these bugs probably remains.

I fixed that bug in my local game by setting global "VP_Touch_Statue" after i have finished NEJ.

#46 Feanaroc

Feanaroc
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'm having the same hanging cutscene problem.You said you somehow solved the problem.If you still remember the way and help, it would be really great.

#47 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

I'm having the same hanging cutscene problem.You said you somehow solved the problem.If you still remember the way and help, it would be really great.

Ups :ermm: i'm not at home right now because i'm visiting my parents (it's christmas you know :P ).

Have you tried these files here. Hope they help you.

I'm going back home tomorrow so i can't help you more (i don't have my game pc or game with me) until friday. sorry. :blush:

#48 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

Hello, dunno what i did wrong. Installed Tactics version of BWS, setup app downloaded about month ago. Everything is finreu until Valley of Shadows, when i get the quest from kresslack. There is no priestess. When i CLUA lysan, only some barmaid appears... How to fix this? Thank you

#49 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

Well like i said yesterday i'm not at home right now but i'm leaving home later today.

@ konva: I'll try to help you tomorrow.

@ Feanaroc: I'll noticed that you have posted about this issue to NEJ's forum at Black Wyrm Lair but i don't have account there so i post here (hope you notice it here).

I don't know what you mean when you say "I changed my files in generalized biffing". Put those files in override folder and reload the game. Putting those files in NEJ folder doesn't help unless you re-install BWP.

I don't know which version of NEJ you have but those files worked at v6.02 and v6.8. I haven't tried v6.94 yet if it has this problem (i'm still at BG1).

#50 Feanaroc

Feanaroc
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Thanks.

Since you said you wouldn't be able to help till friday, I planned to ask for your help on friday again and in the meantime I wrote it to Black Wyrm Lair but no one replied.People aren't as helpful as you are.Thanks again.

I had no idea about what to do with the files so I searched the installation directory for vpcutt. and found they were placed under Nej directory and generalized biffing.So I copied them to Nej and to generalized biffing but as I said nothing happened.

This time I did as you said and copied them to override and it worked.I really have no idea about how this works.But now I have another question.Do you think changing the files in generalized biffing will cause another problem?

#51 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

I really have no idea about how this works.
Well, the mods "install" themselves by copying the files from their folders to the override folder, and they can change the files during this and they can also copy existing files and change those and put them into the override folder...
and then they can archive files to the data folder as a .bif files. Which is what the Generalized Biffing mod actually does for many reasons. One being that it fastens the game load times. The reason why there's a mod for this and the other mods don't do this themselves is that the biffing takes space to do and when you overwrite the file by installing a mod, it takes twice the space, or triple because of the mod folder... so forth and so on.

Do you think changing the files in generalized biffing will cause another problem?
Well, it's unlikely, as the files are already achieved and changing the files in the mod folder does nothing unless you either uninstall or install the mod after by running the setup-*modname*.exe ... which is inadvisable to do, as reinstalling the whole game from a clean backup made at the start of the BWS is much better, if one is going to do things.
Since you said you wouldn't be able to help till friday, I planned to ask for your help on friday again and in the meantime I wrote it to Black Wyrm Lair but no one replied.People aren't as helpful as you are.Thanks again.
Well, it's actually likely that there's no one at Black Wyrm Lair that knows this stuff ... people don't visit all the possible places, I frequent here because of the Mega Mod Help forum and at G3 for it's mods, and some times at PPGroup ... but don't most of the other BG2 forums for the reason that I know these places best. People that I know do the same for their own reasons. All the others, are ALIENS ! Or highly developed AI's, or not so much... Google, Bing and Yahoo bots.

Edited by The Imp, 26 December 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#52 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

Thanks.

I had no idea about what to do with the files so I searched the installation directory for vpcutt. and found they were placed under Nej directory and generalized biffing.So I copied them to Nej and to generalized biffing but as I said nothing happened.

This time I did as you said and copied them to override and it worked.I really have no idea about how this works.But now I have another question.Do you think changing the files in generalized biffing will cause another problem?

Well i can help you with these general time type of things like putting files in override and so on. Glad that files helped you. :D

Black Wyrm Lair's aren't that busy place and also Vlad (if he's even active anymore) doesn't support BWP games so probably you don't get any help from him.

Luckily for you that Imp (smart fellow that Imp, you know ;) ) aswered your biffing question because i don't anything about it. :P

Happy gaming and happy new year to you. :cheers:

#53 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hello Micbaldur, did u look at my problem today, or you still have looking at it? :)
btw does someone know if Grey Clan mod will be finished, and some more quest pack mod too? (BWL mods)

#54 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

Hello, dunno what i did wrong. Installed Tactics version of BWS, setup app downloaded about month ago. Everything is finreu until Valley of Shadows, when i get the quest from kresslack. There is no priestess. When i CLUA lysan, only some barmaid appears... How to fix this? Thank you

I don't know why Lysan doesn't spawn that cave at Vale of Shadows. Sorry, i'm no modder. :blush:

Well that CLUA Lysan sounds about right because she's barmaid from Kuldahar.

Could you check (use Shadowkeeper or NI) that global "Kress_Quest" is 3. Then talk to Lysan and she should attack you after some talks.

#55 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:07 AM

btw does someone know if Grey Clan mod will be finished, and some more quest pack mod too? (BWL mods)

Go there and ask... just kidding... it will be released when it's done... not that that's a promise that it will ever be finished.
It's usually a matter of inclination, and the longer the project gets delayed, the more unlikely it is that it get's released. Unless the project gets new blood... yes, modders use blood magic, that's just the reality. :naughty:

Edited by The Imp, 27 December 2013 - 07:09 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#56 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

Yea but ill CLua her barmaid form xD and where in NI i can find that?

#57 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yea but ill CLua her barmaid form xD and where in NI i can find that?

You mean where to find global "Kress_Quest" in NI?

Open save folder and then open "save" before talking to Lysan. Then click "Baldur.Gam" and variables are in center area then scroll down to "k" and check value there.

#58 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:02 AM

Kress_Quest = 3.. but i dont have save before talking... was trying some things.. so i dont have any quick save, main save or autosave.. :(

#59 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

Kress_Quest = 3.. but i dont have save before talking... was trying some things.. so i dont have any quick save, main save or autosave.. :(

Global is correct.

Go to Lysan's cave (TT3001). CLUA console her (LYSAN) and talk to her. What happen then?

#60 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

okay, she talked.. and now when i wanna chat, she has nothing to say.. when i w8 few sec, nothing. I tried to ctrl+y at her if something happens..