• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

Five to seven short Sindarin Elvish hymns of joyous praise wanted for Erysseril, my female elf ranger NPC for BG2. Text is already written, and I can provide links to sites that help with pronunciation, if needed. High tenor range is suitable, or slightly higher. No deadline, but sooner is always better.

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:19 AM.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#2 -Sakura-

-Sakura-

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Well, I can't sing, but if no one else posts I thought I would point you toward two singers on YouTube who do some great game-related stuff:

Katethegreat19: http://www.youtube.c.../katethegreat19 (She is quite busy however and I know she is working on a commission, so I dunno if she would work out . . .)

ShyTooShy: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShyTooShy

Good luck to you! The idea of having an NPC sing in-game is cool.

#3 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 12 May 2011 - 06:31 PM

Well, I can't sing, but if no one else posts I thought I would point you toward two singers on YouTube who do some great game-related stuff:

Katethegreat19: http://www.youtube.c.../katethegreat19 (She is quite busy however and I know she is working on a commission, so I dunno if she would work out . . .)

ShyTooShy: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShyTooShy

Good luck to you! The idea of having an NPC sing in-game is cool.

Wow, thanks a bazillion! :D I'll contact the people you referred me to above tonight. The four hymns to the seasons are complete, and I'm hoping my co-conspirator for this portion of the mod will write two more: one for Greengrass and one for Midsummer Night (a night for lovers).

Best wishes,
Eric

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#4 Muse

Muse
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

Well, I AM a classically schooled singer. I've been singing since before I could walk, and I've gone to some of Sweden's best music schools. Since I am Swedish, and at least somewhat familiar with Sindarin, I am pretty sure that I could pull off the proper pronounciation without trouble (rolling R:s and whatnot). My voice is a bit more mature than those in the links. I'm technically a mezzo soprano, but can pull of most things even in an alto or soprano register. I also have access to quality recording equipment (not all the time, though). So, if you have need of me, just let me know. If you found help elsewhere, that's great! Just thought I'd let you know that I could probably help if need be. :D

Edited by Muse, 10 July 2011 - 05:05 PM.

"One has lots of time for reflection while waiting for the ENDLESS WAVES OF BAD DOGGIE WEREWOLF MONSTERS THAT CHEW YOUR TOES WHILE YOU SLEEP!!"
- Dradeel

#5 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

Well, I AM a classically schooled singer. I've been singing since before I could walk, and I've gone to some of Sweden's best music schools. Since I am Swedish, and at least somewhat familiar with Sindarin, I am pretty sure that I could pull off the proper pronounciation without trouble (rolling R:s and whatnot). My voice is a bit more mature than those in the links. I'm technically a mezzo soprano, but can pull of most things even in an alto or soprano register. I also have access to quality recording equipment (not all the time, though). So, if you have need of me, just let me know. If you found help elsewhere, that's great! Just thought I'd let you know that I could probably help if need be. :D

Outstanding! Wonderful! Sorry I haven't gotten back to you before now. Been kinda lost among modding materials lately. I'd like to send you the text of what I have. Mind you, I have no musical melody in particular in mind, so anything that has an appropriate "feel" in vocal style would be fine by me :) As for register, I'm a tenor, but the hymns should probably fall beyond my own range. The lower soprano range (and up?) is probably the best choice. If it matters, the character in question has been old enough to make a life of adventure for herself for only 20 years.

#6 Iavasechui

Iavasechui
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:25 AM

Didn't have the best mic when I recorded this, have since upgraded to a guitar hero mic XD still not the best... but... um yeah this is me...

I don't know about pronunciation though. ^_^; Probably not very good at any rate but I do love this song ^_^;

#7 Iavasechui

Iavasechui
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

Um just noticed the last post in this until mine was from july sorry about that -__-;

Edited by Iavasechui, 02 September 2011 - 06:28 AM.

#8 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:52 AM

Um just noticed the last post in this until mine was from july sorry about that -__-;

I just now listened to the above sample. You have a beautiful voice and an impressive vocal range! smile.gif The Sindarin hymns for my mod could be sung in a lower key than what I hear in the sample, whatever is comfortable.

No worries about time between postings here, as the mod's release date isn't set in stone.

Edited by Eric P., 14 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#9 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'm still very interested in finding someone to give this a go, so I welcome any and all who'd like to help! :)

#10 -GSS-

-GSS-

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

If you're still looking for someone.. I'd be interested. 

https://www.indabamu...?tab=soundcloud

#11 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:37 AM

If you're still looking for someone.. I'd be interested. 

https://www.indabamu...?tab=soundcloud

I see your page at that link, but I don't find any audio samples to hear there. Could be an issue with my browser.

I'm definitely interested in having someone sing and record for my mod, yes! I'll sign up with Indaba Music and see if I can send you the particulars.

#12 -Heather & Cory-

-Heather & Cory-

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:25 AM

Mae govannan mellon nin,

Not sure if this will help or how to contact her but we came across this collection as well when we Googled "Sindarin Music".

Galo,

Heather & Cory

#13 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:12 AM

Mae govannan mellon nin,

Not sure if this will help or how to contact her but we came across this collection as well when we Googled "Sindarin Music".

Galo,

Heather & Cory

Any lead is a good one, and I've obtained an e-mail address at that link. Many thanks!

#14 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

Mae govannan mellon nin,

Galo,

Heather & Cory

Any lead is a good one, and I've obtained an e-mail address at that link. Many thanks!

Invalid e-mail address. Ah, well...

#15 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:27 AM

The pattern I see is that someone will express interest in this, but after I mention that the melody is entirely up to the singer, and provide links for pronunciation, I never hear from the person again. I fear this project is doomed :(

#16 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:31 AM

You'll find someone, be confident ;)

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#17 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:29 PM

Where, oh where is my Sindarin singer? Oh where, oh where can she be?

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#18 Thimblerig

Thimblerig
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:10 PM

The pattern I see is that someone will express interest in this, but after I mention that the melody is entirely up to the singer, and provide links for pronunciation, I never hear from the person again. I fear this project is doomed  :(

Setting words to music is a different skillset from performing. 

Er, if you sent me copies of the words, I could try to hunt out some existing tunes that fit them - give your singer something to work from, sort of thing.

Edited by Thimblerig, 14 March 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#19 EricP

EricP
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

Here is the content to be set to melody and sung:

First syllable of a word gets the stress.

ch = soft ch, like "Bach"
TH = hard th, like "thin"
th = soft th, like "this"
o = short o, like "thought"
y = shape mouth for u, but pronounce "ee"

Opening call for all of the feasts:

Ai! Nothrim a mellyn! Hail! Family and friends!
(Aee! NoTHreem ah melune!)
Ai! Levain od erdhyn! Hail! Creatures of the realms!
(Aee! Levaeen odd erthune!)

Mielikki ialla, Mielikki calls
(Myleekee eealah)
adh im adialla: And I, myself, call back:
(ath eem adeealah)

Eglerio valan! Praise the deity!
(eglereeo valan!)
Eglerio valan! Praise the deity!
(eglereeo valan!)

Hymn to Spring (Ethuil):

Echuio eru-chín! Awaken children of The One!
(Echweeo eroo-cheen!)
Erio od lost dhîn! Arise from your slumber!
(Erio od lost theen!)
Govano brûn a neth! Meet the old and young!
(Govano brune ah neTH)
Linno am Min Mereth! Chant for Feast Number One!
(Leeno ahm Meen MereTH)
Eglerio valan! Glorify the Deity!
(eglereeo valan!)
(eglereeo valan!)

Hymn to Summer (Laer):

Edlotho mi thoer aer! Blossom in the holy woods!
(EdloTHo mee THoyr aeer!)
Teilio mi thailf dhaer! Play in the great fields!
(Tayleeo mee THaeelf thaeer)
(Govano brune ah neTH)
Linno an Dad-Mereth! Chant for Feast Number Two!
(Leeno ahn Dahd-MereTH!)
(eglereeo valan!)
(eglereeo valan!)

Hymn to Autumn (Iavas):

Critho in aint Eru! Reap the gifts of The One!
(CreeTHo een aeent Eroo!)
Mado hain adh romru! Eat them with the sound of trumpets!
(Mahdo haeen ath romroo!)
(Govano brune ah neTH)
Linno an Nel-Mereth! Chant for Feast Number Three!
(Leeno ahn Nel-MereTH!)
(eglereeo valan!)
(eglereeo valan!)

Hymn to Winter (Rhiw):

Losto min edaib loeg! Sleep in warm houses!
(Losto meen edaeeb loyg!)
Av-‘osto i ngoel foeg! Don’t fear the thirsting wolf-howls!
(Ahv-osto ee ngoyl foyg!)
(Govano brune ah neTH)
Linno an Gan-Mereth! Chant for Feast Number Four!
(Leeno ahn Gahn-MereTH!)
(eglereeo valan!)
(eglereeo valan!)

Hymn to Midsummer Night:

Tolo annin, Melethril a Melethryn! Come to me, female lovers and male lovers!
(Tolo ahneen, MeleTHreel ah MeleTHrune!)
Lyth edlothiar, Flowers blossom,
(LooTH edloTHeear)
Pili di minnar. Bees enter them.
(Peelee dee meenahr)
Erin loborras, On the Unicorn,
(Ereen loborahs)
Northo an lommas! Ride to exhaustion!
(NorTHo ahn lomahs!)
Gello na lu han, Rejoice at that time,
(Gelo nah loo hahn)
Ollo nuin elin. Dream under the stars.
(Olo nween eleen)
Galo chall i chin! May the children grow tall!
(Gahlo chahl ee cheen!)

Working and playing under Windows 7 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

Still writing Erysseril NPC mod...

- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in active development.
A female elf wilderness warrior and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more? (Maybe, if I ever finish the mod)

#20 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:29 PM

Is this too intimidating, or is there truly no one in the community with the ability and confidence to give it a try? I feel the addition of audio here would help to bring my character to life, for which I'd be very grateful and happy to add credit in the readme file, as well as a link to the artist's other works, if desired.

Still hopeful after all these years...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Erysseril, NPC, Voice recording, Voice acting