The "What I'd like to see in ToB" thread

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 02:49 PM

just have a script change the avatar of the pc and chloe into mage female, human, and what ever race the pc is...and make the colors selected white on white...its the closest things to wedding dresses in the game... :lol: :D :P
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#22 Anouri

Anouri

Gothic Romance

• 28 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 06:43 PM

Of course, there might be some special Charnames out there who'd prefer red on red :)

...or black on black ;) :D

#23 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• 411 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 11:53 AM

for other stuff in the ToB part of the mod, how about having the option for chloe ascending along with the PC if the PC chooses to keep her powers? it would kinda make sense seeing chloe's heritage. or how about having imoen, chloe and the PC all ascend! :D personally, i couldn't see my char ascending without the 2 ppl my char's closest too (imoen and beloved).

I would be against mass-ascending, purely for dramatic reasons. You cant have both cake and ice-cream. ;)

-Meira
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#24 Userunfriendly

Userunfriendly

Replendent Beta Tester of Madness!!!

• 2175 posts

Posted 19 October 2003 - 09:04 PM

for other stuff in the ToB part of the mod, how about having the option for chloe ascending along with the PC if the PC chooses to keep her powers?  it would kinda make sense seeing chloe's heritage.  or how about having imoen, chloe and the PC all ascend!  :D  personally, i couldn't see my char ascending without the 2 ppl my char's closest too (imoen and beloved).

I would be against mass-ascending, purely for dramatic reasons. You cant have both cake and ice-cream. ;)

-Meira

Cake....with french vanilla ice cream...the kind made from real vanilla...strawberry upside down cake...

food...urm....yummmmmmmmmmmm.... :)
They call me....

Darth...

Darth Gizka...

#25 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 06:14 AM

Yes, Chloe going with you by choosing godhood would cheapen the choice of power vs. love. Chloe is far more likely to try to kill the PC for leaving her to gain godhood. :lol:

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#26 -Blade Nightstar-

-Blade Nightstar-

Posted 20 October 2003 - 07:18 AM

i just had some icecream cake yesterday. it was sooo good.

i don't remember anything in the epilog saying that the PC becomes a 'god', only that the PC becomes a 'power'. so wouldn't that include solars, planatars, planars, whatever? so it's kinda like a choice between sticking around on toril (probably with the intent of settling down) or continuing adventuring in which case, why stay restricted to toril?

i haven't finished playing through the SoA part of the mod yet, so i haven't been exposed to most of chloe's personality. however, from what i've seen so far, she wouldn't mind continuing her adventures, especially if it means in ways few have ever had a chance to do.

#27 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 08:55 AM

i just had some icecream cake yesterday. it was sooo good.

i don't remember anything in the epilog saying that the PC becomes a 'god', only that the PC becomes a 'power'. so wouldn't that include solars, planatars, planars, whatever? so it's kinda like a choice between sticking around on toril (probably with the intent of settling down) or continuing adventuring in which case, why stay restricted to toril?

No. A power is a god--not a planetar or a solar. CHARNAME's choice is between sticking around, and probably continuing adventuring (Imoen, Minsc, and Good Sarevok, off the top of my head, make references that indicate CHARNAME the mortal will continue adventuring) or becoming a god and leaving all her companions behind.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#28 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 09:20 AM

Yeah the PC either absorbs all the power of Bhaal and becomes a deity, or gives it all up and becomes a full-fledged mortal.

#29 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:04 PM

No I want it all, god power and Chloe. I hate choices like this. :unsure:
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#30 Gnarsh

Gnarsh
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 01:38 PM

well, you could always become a god and then send an avatar down(or up, depending on your plane of residence) for Chloe.

#31 -TheBalor-

-TheBalor-

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:15 PM

well, you could always become a god and then send an avatar down(or up, depending on your plane of residence) for Chloe.

Yeah, but fledgling deities have to have a powerful sponsor or a fortified position, lest someone comes to gobble up their portfolio. Cyric/Bane/Mask would jump at an opportunity to get their hands on Death.

#32 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 22 October 2003 - 02:23 PM

And would Chloe go for such an unequal relationship? You are a god, she's a mortal? I always figured the reason you have to leave your love interest behind if you become a god is because none of the Bioware Four would be interested in being kept for a pet, and Chloe doesn't strike me as more amenable to that idea than them.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#33 -Blade Nighstar-

-Blade Nighstar-

Posted 23 October 2003 - 10:31 AM

that's why i was saying why not have chloe ascend too. i mean, if it means she's able to go on more adventures in amazing places and continue to advance her skills beyond what most ever have, why not? she can visit her mom whenever she wants too :). of course, then the PC would have to put up with a mega-mother in law hanging around more often than otherwise :P

another point is that chloe did say that she fears death. ascending would make her kinda hard to kill while giving her some awesome opportunities.

#34 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 23 October 2003 - 10:57 AM

Chloe has no means to ascend though. She only has a small fraction of her mother's power because she is mortal. She has a granted ability to her through her divine blood, namely her increased speed, but beyond that she's a regular mortal. The PC is able to ascend because he/she absorbs all the power of Bhaal that was in every other Bhaalspawn, in essence becoming a reincarnation of Bhaal's power. Chloe would have to kill her mother and absorb her power to ascend to deity status. Chloe doesn't even want the added power in her swords, let alone any other power that she didn't develop herself through blood, sweat, and tears.

#35 SHAR

SHAR
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:06 PM

Chloe has no means to ascend though. She only has a small fraction of her mother's power because she is mortal. She has a granted ability to her through her divine blood, namely her increased speed, but beyond that she's a regular mortal. The PC is able to ascend because he/she absorbs all the power of Bhaal that was in every other Bhaalspawn, in essence becoming a reincarnation of Bhaal's power. Chloe would have to kill her mother and absorb her power to ascend to deity status. Chloe doesn't even want the added power in her swords, let alone any other power that she didn't develop herself through blood, sweat, and tears.

Ok so Chloe has no means to ascend to Godhood...

How about the PC giving her the gift of immorality so she can stay the same age she is so that she never dies that way avoiding her fear of death and disease...but also granting her the ability to be able to visit her beloved on her plane from time to time...maybe in some ways becoming a messenger for the gods...or as i don't think Chloe would want to be the plane's bellgirl...she could be given special quests to fight evil therefore increasing her abilites and skills to help other mortals...you know like the main PC could given Aerie the gift of wings again...

My second idea concerns the main PC's and Chloe's relationship...now i've partly taken this from Lord M's Imoen romance MOD...so i hope there will be no offence from him from this idea...

This come's from a cutscene after they come out from the underdark...it's the one where the main PC and Imoen can either sleep together or not...i.e wither they commit incest or not...It would make a change from the usual resting in the tavern and sleeping with someone for the first time...

My idea would be that the main PC can't sleep so has went for a walk and has found a quiet spot away from prying eye's when Chloe comes up behind her and put's her arms around her and asks her what's bothering her...

Which leads into the LT that sees them sleeping together for the first time...then another cutscene for the morning after maybe Imoen or Kelsey comes looking for them and finds the main PC and Chloe wrapped in each others arms...wither or not they have clothes on will be optional...

I know it's only meant to be an idea but as usual my overactive imagination has decided to practically give you not only the idea but the entire script for the cutscene...opppsss.... :P ;)

It could also even clear up the Kelsey MOD and the Chloe MOD issue of either not recognising the other MOD's romantic interest in the main PC...but you would have to get Jason's approval on that incase he has other ideas on that...and wither he has the time to do the work on that...
I am the unbeliever,
a shadow on the planes,
A whisper true, a song to you,
my lovers soul refrains...

#36 Meira

Meira

I'm the snow on your lips

• 411 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:46 PM

How about the PC giving her the gift of immorality so she can stay the same age she is so that she never dies that way avoiding her fear of death and disease...

I take you meant immortality. I don't get to say anything of hilarious typos, however. :rolleyes:

This sounds more like a curse to me, but maybe it's just me. I also hold quite fast to my culinary preferences mentioned previously.

The goddess-PC giving her quests however, does sound interestig - different thing would be if how Chloe would take PC dumping her for godhood. Ie. would she be willing to accept these quests.

-Meira
Ihmeellinen meri

Kummalliset kalat liukuvat syvyydessä,
tuntemattomat kukat loistavat rannalla;
olen nähnyt punaista ja keltaista ja kaikki toiset värit -
mutta ihana meri on vaarallista nähdä,
se herättää tulevien seikkailujen janon:
mitä on tapahtunut sadussa, on tapahtuva minullekin.

- Edith Södergran

Amber - The BG2 NPC Mod Project Now released!
Amber's discussion forum at Gibberlings 3

#37 SHAR

SHAR
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:05 PM

How about the PC giving her the gift of immorality so she can stay the same age she is so that she never dies that way avoiding her fear of death and disease...

I take you meant immortality. I don't get to say anything of hilarious typos, however. :rolleyes:

-Meira

Oh god.... :P :P

That's what you get if you type with two finger's never quite mastered the typing with all finger's approach...lol

But my main idea was something a little more different when the main PC and Chloe do actually sleep together for the first time...to be honest this sleeping in a inn is slightly boring and i always thought that Chloe was a very open minded kinda girl...as long as she get's her girl in the end i don't think it would matter if it was in an inn or not...

Maybe it should take plac after one of the main quest's to kill one of 'The Five' or a newly added subplot i'm not sure that would be up to Lucy but it would make it a bit more interesting...

It could also tie in the Kelsey problem with neither him nor the Chloe MOD not recognising the other as a main love rival...maybe the main PC character could have some doubts as to the nature of her feelings but maybe that's a bit contraversial...something i think Lucy wanted to avoid...or maybe the main PC is having a hard time about finding out about her origins...maybe the first time they sleep together is just after the time when she finds out about her mother and the fact that Gorion killed her maybe Chloe goes to comfort her and it leads to that LT??

What do you think??

SHAR
I am the unbeliever,
a shadow on the planes,

#38 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 02:39 PM

Well the whole "both Kelsey and Chloe want in Immy's pants" issue exists precisely because JCompton and I couldn't come to an agreement that we both cared for. We'd both likely have to put in at least several new dialogues to tie in the romance of the other's creation and then we'd have to come to agreements on THOSE, and it's just one big mess.

As for the nature of the lovetalk that sees the PC and Chloe make love for the first time, I already know how that will happen as it's one of the most plot-important places in the ToB romance. But thank you for the suggestions, I shall keep them in mind of course.

#39 SHAR

SHAR
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 November 2003 - 02:11 PM

Ok...but it is a shame that the issue cannot be resolved...maybe it will at a later date, but it doesn't spoil the enjoyment of a very well written MOD...

Anyway now for another idea...

We all know that Chloe has had girlfriends in the past...but at this moment we do not know if there was one girl in particular that really stole her heart up until now...until the main PC that is...

But what about a ex-girlfriend turing up and causing some havoc between Chloe and the main PC...maybe this ex-girlfriends of Chloe's someone for whom Chloe loved very dearly and was very badly hurt by her or it could be Theresa...Chloe's first ever girlfriend returning to say that she wants her back and doesn't care at all for the main PC'S feelings for Chloe therefore a fight ensues over Chloe herself...

Resulting in Chloe leaving the party for a set time to resolve her feelings for the main PC...it could be at this time that Chloe's mother gives her a quest directly before Chloe decides to leave the main party for a while therefore giving Chloe and the main PC some breathing space...

It could also be at this time that the main PC has a heart to heart with Imoen over her feelings about Chloe maybe saying that with all the added pressure of the Solar and her uncertain destiny and where it will lead...she could ask Imoen wither it's such a good idea to continue her relationship with Chloe espically if Chloe run's off when an ex of her's makes an apperance...

And Imoen in turn could give the encouragment to stay with Chloe(afterall love conquers all) or the strength to end the relationship before they both end up badly hurt...

-SHAR
I am the unbeliever,
a shadow on the planes,

#40 -leopardmessiah-

-leopardmessiah-

Posted 13 December 2003 - 06:05 AM

Ok so Chloe has no means to ascend to Godhood...

Actually, I remember reading one of the "tomes" in BG2 about some special land (the valley of the gods i think it was called) and anyone who went there would become a god, much like the ambrosia in the Greek myths, although like that it is never explained how they get a portfolio without killing another god; the real problem is whether or not Chloe would want to become a deity.