Photo

The "What I'd like to see in ToB" thread

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Alexander

Alexander
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 06:34 AM

[quote name='leopardmessiah' date='Dec 13 2003, 04:05 PM'] [quote name='SHAR' date='Nov 20 2003, 11:06 PM']
Actually, I remember reading one of the "tomes" in BG2 about some special land (the valley of the gods i think it was called) and anyone who went there would become a god, much like the ambrosia in the Greek myths, although like that it is never explained how they get a portfolio without killing another god; the real problem is whether or not Chloe would want to become a deity. [/quote]
I don't think Chloe would be happy to become a deity just through visiting a valley (unless there was some kind of epic battle to engage in before you could reach there), thinking back to the fuss she kicked up when Akadia was just going to upgrade her weapons. From her dialogue i got the feeling that she didn't really care either way whether she was the daughter of a god. If she did want to become a goddess I think the only way she could feel she had earned the right to ascend would be by defeating another god in single combat, ala Cyric Vs Bhaal. I don't think she'd be content to just seek out a special valley and was then suddenly a god.

BTW how much of the ToB section has been finished? I just completed the game and can't remember her saying anything and she didn't have an epilogue. Also, I never had her weapons upgraded a second time or found a use for the metal lump. Is that because these bits haven't been created yet or is there a problem with my game?
"Carrot Cake, Carrot Cake, have you any nuts?"
"the carrot cake contains...No nuts"

"Have ye heard of the beast known as the Coo?"
"A cow? yes"
"Well did ye know that from it's teat a liquor may be procured?"
"Milk?"
"YE KNOW TOO MUCH!"
-Little Britain

#42 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 11:35 AM

No Throne of Bhaal content is available yet in the Chloe mod. She's basically not much more than a multiplayer game character in ToB.

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#43 -Jurgenaut-

-Jurgenaut-

Posted 16 January 2004 - 03:38 PM

Heya!

I'm new here, I just got out of the Underdark and did the post-UD thingy. My LTCR is 17 so I may or may not get more talk out her, I don't know. If I say stuff that's already in SoA, or are already meant to happen, I apologize. Now I don't have much to say about Chloe/Immy romance, since I haven't tried that part of the mod. Oh, and since wiedu screwed up (I think), I am unable to uninstall the Kiara/Zayia mod that disables Watcher's Keep in SoA either, so if Chloe has events tied to that, I haven't seen any.

Anyway, the "post-UD thingy" has a clear red line to someone we meet in ToB (trying to keep it spoiler free). How about Chloe "reacts" violently upon meeting this person, going totally berserk and maybe finding unknown strength outside of her "stylish, beautiful swordplay"? If berserkery rage and sluggish fighting makes her 'perform' better in a fight, that may make her question the values of her life. And maybe she would learn to see beyond the cultural borders of her tribe, to value stuff other than fighting. Maybe for a short time switch strength and agility stats, and then maybe balance them out? I dont know if that's the way you want to go with her character though.

It's how Peter Jackson his co-writers motivated the change of Faramir for the TTT movie. A character that undergoes a change, a "journey", is more interesting than a static "I know how I want to be and I never change"-character.

Another view, that Yerka boy (as I understood it) has something in common with charname, and that thing got Chloe's village destroyed (by people with the same thing in common). Chloe could snap and blame it all on charname (like Jaheira kinda tries to do or the way Juhani from KotOR does about the PC and Taris) but then realize the error of her ways, the whole of it in the end is an even stronger connection between the two.

Still, I think Chloe in SoA is really great. Sometimes she really takes the words out of my mouth. I've been away from BG2 for quite some time, but got SW:KotOR (which rocks btw) and really got pulled back into BG2. Now if I just hadn't formated my old HD with my own little planetraveler NPC.... :(

#44 minotaur_in_maze

minotaur_in_maze

Modding Prima-Dona

• 906 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:28 AM

My thoughts on the new CHLOE?

First, how about a CHLOE that would work with IWD I or II? And not JUST the (Insipid) ToB? That would be number one on my list.

Next, so far as the romances go... Well, if/when CHLOE and the PC finally sleep together... I would say keep it, not "G" rated but not Grunt-by-Groan explicit either. (Not that it is, but a little can go a long way...tender I mean.)

Most importantly (to me) IMOHO : Keep the humor in with CHLOE and maybe add more. I was playing when she had her first altercation w/Korgan and I am Still LMAO!

One last thing that might prove interesting - there was talk on a CHLOE pregnancy (Can one really picture an adventurer with a nine month gone belly hip-hopping 'round a dungeon?) How about a CHLOE that has a little more depth. Can maybe leave the group at one point but maybe return later in the game to save the day?

Just some thots. :)

'Taur
They say the world is going to Hell.

They are wrong.

The world IS Hell! Always has been, always will be; except perhaps for the five percent or so of the population who can afford differently.

And, if one must reside in Hell, it is far better to do it as a minion of the Devil than as a member of the damned.
LOVE SUCKS: It makes fools and slaves of us all.
But being alone and unloved is worse.
- Nancy A. Collins "Thin Walls"

#45 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:36 AM

I can't imagin how Chloe would fit into IWD/IWD 2..

1) IWD/IWD2 play in another time than BG/BG2. The events of IWD take place before the Time of Troubles, so some of the gods important in BG2 (i.e Bhaal, Cyric) are either still alive or don't exist yet, at least not as gods. And most important of all, Chloe wouldn't be born yet. :P

2) IWD/IWD2 don't have joinable NPCs, you create you complete party by yourself. How should Chloe be implemented into the storyline ?

#46 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:09 AM

There may have been talk of a pregnant Chloe but it was not by me. ;) The only thing that came close to it was in the Imoen-Chloe romance, the last dialogue before the Tree of Life finish.

I have mixed feelings about a lesbian couple with children. On the one side, yes we can still have children by some means, even if it involves a little experimentation with the menfolk. On the other hand, I and many gay chicks that I have known don't WANT children. And a good many that do would rather adopt rather than carry one of their own.

Then one must consider adventurers... they go out in the world knowing full well they'll likely not survive to have children (unless you count the men who leave their seed spread about anywhere they can...) and that having a child would mean the end of adventuring. We can have a romantic notion of a couple going into combat with a baby strapped to their backs, a la Xena, but that's simply not practical nor safe for the child. One stray hit and your baby is no more. So, a baby would effectively mean retirement.

Having a baby in your inventory and forgetting it like Bioware did with Aerie's baby is a horrifying notion to me. It's simply not feasible and it's rather jarring to a roleplayer to think about Aerie carring a baby around in her backpack. :blink:

So then one must consider alternatives. If a child was desired, I doubt Chloe would want to carry it. She has no maternal instincts, so it's probably best she doesn't... so that leaves the PC or Imoen, depending on who she's involved with. I can't speak for the PC as it's always the player's creation... but Imoen... perhaps she would want a child and would be willing to carry it and stay home to take care of it... but I have a feeling she would be far more likely to hire a nanny and continue adventuring. Chloe would, of course, support that choice.

Do I see a child as a possibility in the Chloe romance mod? Yes... anything is possible. Do I see it happening during the game? No, not at all. As part of an epilogue possibly, but at the moment I'm thinking that it would be best if that is left to the player's imagination and desires.

#47 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 06:19 AM

i do believe that adoption would be the only solution. the last survivor of a burned village maybe?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#48 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 08:55 AM

i do believe that adoption would be the only solution. the last survivor of a burned village maybe?

I was thinking the same. My niece and her girlfriend adopted 2 children. They did talk about one of them getting pregnant but somehow it didn't feel right. (That was what my niece told me) so instead they signed up at a adoption agency and (in 2 years) they adopted 2 children. They're 4 and 5 now. Two very sweet kids and 2 very committed mothers.

#49 -Mozart-

-Mozart-

Posted 17 March 2004 - 06:25 PM

I am about the start a new game (probably my last for BG2), and I am interested in taking Chloe along. I'm curious if there are any target dates for release of the TOB portion. I would hate to go through one-half of the romance and know that there will never be resolution, as my life will be much busier after this spring.

#50 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

No ETA. I haven't started it so I have no idea when it might be done.

#51 -Reriel-

-Reriel-

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:41 AM

I personaly like the idea of getting pregnent in the romance, it wouldn't really affect my char much as I always a Wild Mage

#52 -Reriel-

-Reriel-

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:50 AM

On second thought, considering certian things such as the reasons behind it not being a posibility, Not a good idea

#53 thecursed

thecursed

Just a ghost from the past

• 680 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:10 PM

what exactly exists at the moment for chloe in ToB? do i need to hold on to this hunk of metal?
"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune.... they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures"
Gerrard of the Weatherlight

Wisdom: Distinguish the extraordinary from the spectacular

Beware My ever shifting avatar!!

#54 discharger12

discharger12

SHS's [un]official spammer!

• 759 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:59 PM

what exactly exists at the moment for chloe in ToB? do i need to hold on to this hunk of metal?

Is there any point in keeping Chloe for ToB?
Defunct, but r teh rly, lol: Tork NPC, WOWCAAVB?, Barbados NPC, Anti-Ding0 Chinchilla NPC, Attack of the Bears!

No. No, they really are defunct.

#55 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 06:56 PM

Nothing but ideas. When I have the time I'll reinstall ToB and then start reading through dialogues to get familiar with how the Bioware npcs have developed... and I'll have to play through to get ideas for comments, see how the Bioware npc romance conclusions were handled...

Don't hold your breath. I'll get to it when I have time, perhaps over the summer. And yes, hang onto the metal ore.

#56 -Zethre-

-Zethre-

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:34 PM

I can't see charname and chloe settling down really, marrying and using char names stronghold as a base to their adventuring maybe... and having a baby would make adventuring really hard wouldnt it? :huh:

#57 Xaositect_Crayon

Xaositect_Crayon
  • 280 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:10 PM

you said her village was destroyed and they failed? there's other ways to link that to the story

for instance my father had HORRIBLE nightmares from nam where he used to stalk the house at night (while sleepwalking) that was kinda stressful on mom.
Post tramatic stress syndrome.... and a free spirit like Chloe wouldn't go so easily into the old ball and chain nomatter how much she wanted it.
Cold feet
Being a mercenary she prolly killed some people she didnt want to... that could come back as well....
Crayons are the most chaotic bananas there never will be....

#58 -Zethre-

-Zethre-

Posted 24 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

I agree with Taur, Chloe would make IWD or NWNights worth playing... regardless of chronological compatibility, i dont care if IWD is hundreds of years b4 PC is born - I want Chloe! :lol: The pedants out there can pretend she's really Chloe's great great great grandmother or something...... B)

#59 Efreet

Efreet
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:13 AM

This sounds more like a curse to me, but maybe it's just me. I also hold quite fast to my culinary preferences mentioned previously.

Well, Chloe's philosophy is being a bit closer to perfection every day. I don't think she would be happy to grow old and weak. (And with her skills at the end of ToB there are very few things that could kill her before she can grow old.)

On the other hand, immortality could result in her reaching her limits of improvement one day. And what then?
Then she saw his eyes, red and mad as hell. And in that moment she knew that he could kill anyone, no matter how strong. Madness, true madness could put a fist through a plank.

#60 scott3614

scott3614
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:05 PM

Ya know, I don't care how unpopular and unromantic this post will make me sound, but I do NOT want to see a Chloe/PC marriage or ESPECIALLY a child brought into ToB. This is a game about life and death, not the creation of life or (un)holy matrimony. The fighting and travels of the party during the game is deadly serious, which is why I will never play with Aerie in my party. I'm sure that she would have been killed very, very, very early in any adventure she might have been on.

Lucy, about the only thing I'd like to see are a few minor or at least a major Chloe quest, maybe about a vengeful person/being from her past, it's up to you. Of course, maintain the high standard of dialog you've written, and an appearance from Lothander would be quite cool.

I love Chloe's personality and abilities, keep up the great work.