BiG World Project (BWP) v10.2 released

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

BTW, please note that I haven't tested yet the code I've suggested above.

Tested and working :coolthumb:

I found this btw, and a regex search of:
SpellNoDec.*\,0\)|ReallyForceSpell.*\,0\)
gave me ~50 matches (most notably ToA and CtB - and some random NPC mods :P)

Looking at the code, it looks like some of them are pretty obvious in what can be put there (similar sections of code in vanilla BGII-ToB/other mods) :unsure: I'm just wondering whether mods might intentionally NULL those actions (maybe for delay/waits?) before I start though :P

... the obvious effect of fixing them would be tougher fights and better cutscenes (there's a ToA cutscene that just screams major WIZARD_DIMENSION_DOOR use :lol:)

Edited by Lollorian, 16 October 2011 - 07:38 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#42 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

I'm just wondering whether mods might intentionally NULL those actions (maybe for delay/waits?) before I start though :P

There's no sensible reason for it.

#43 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

I'm just wondering whether mods might intentionally NULL those actions (maybe for delay/waits?) before I start though :P

There's no sensible reason for it.

... done and done :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#44 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:22 AM

I just wanted to chime in to say that, after reading this thread, I can confirm everything you guys said about sw1h19. :) Good job figuring out this problem between Item Revisions and the changes I proposed for setup-BGT.tp2. (Specifically: By only accepting exactly 2 effects on the melee ability, BGT unintentionally checked for its own vanilla/SoA version of sw1h19 - that's what I missed when I changed the sourcing of the item to COPY_EXISTING.) I'm sorry I wasn't aware of that. It's kind of ironic - I try to fix BGT so as to preserve any previously modified items, only to find that a previously modified item then causes BGT's installation to fail because the modified item doesn't qualify for getting blatantly overwritten anymore. :P In any case, Turambar's wonderful solution is the way to go. It accomplishes exactly what I intended, but without unnecessary conditions in the code.

Actually, you shouldn't thank me, but the bigg and whoever helped him in introducing all those "magic" functions into WeiDU: until some time ago, everyone had to write the code to add opcodes on his own, while now you just need to set some variables and there it goes!
Of course, modernizing the code of every mega-mod would be really difficult, but there are cases where it should be done.

BTW, I remind (as a lover of sorcerers, who can't learn spells but when they're levelling up, and therefore suffer most for that reason) that the way spells are added to the game by mods is sometimes very chaotic.
It's not something which can be easily fixed, and it must be done in a very precise order, but I'll describe the problem here, since it's one of the few places where we talk about compatibility between mods. You can find other discussions about this topic here.
The number of "playable" wizard spells per level (ie, spells you can select at character creation and that sorcerers can chose when they level up) is pretty limited: they must be in the form SPWI[level][1-99]. Since most "Spell" script actions have their RES counterpart (which allows to cast spell ith any resource name, such as TU_SPELL.spl), so it would be nice to use prefixes for all spells which should not be used by players, and the ADD_SPELL .tp2 action in order to add new playable spells to the game (note there's an order requirement here, ADD_SPELLing mods must go after any mod which just COPIes new spells to SPWI[number]).
I'm also working on a "spell fixer" mod, which should "clean" all spells which have the "spwi..." form and are not real wizard spells, and fix their references all around the game (for example, it's almost impossible to add new level 9 spells now, since vanilla BG2 has many special spells from bg1, such as the spell wich turns cultists into Aec'Letec in Ulgoth's Beard, occupying those places. Moreover, sorcerers can even select one of those spells, which will never work in game but will occupy one of their very limited known spells slots).

Edited by Turambar, 17 October 2011 - 04:23 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#45 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

Actually, i'd like someone could go over the BP-Balancer or something and add a component to disable mod added spells.

It annoys me to see a overpowered spells in BG 1 or to have my priest spells modified or sometimes duplicated (!) without being able to do anything about it.

(also that mod that adds spells scrolls that look like normal notes ugh).

#46 -Sarielle-

-Sarielle-

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

May I ask what date the fixes are through from the fixpack thread?

The BWPFixpack v10.2 seems to contain stuff upto post #514 in that thread :cheers:

I ask because I really am interested in this mod AND unfinished business, but I don't have much experience modding this game.

By "this mod", if you mean:
1) The BWP - it already contains UB so you're good :D (might I tell you that the BWP isn't a mod per se though :P Just a set of tools to make mods wortk together)
2) The Altered Knock Spell Mod - you'll want to use the fix i30817 mentioned in the Fixpack thread and add it to the install.bat :P

Though I'm a tad concerned about the adding part because in past BWPs, I just had to add a line to the install.bat - now there are various files that may need to be edited (... referring to my failed attempt to install iiSpellSystemAdjustments via the new install.bat :unsure:)

Could someone summarize what files the install.bat refers to during the actual installation? :ermm:

I actually only intended to use the minimal version (to get BGT and the fixpack in an easy installer) and add a couple of other mods to it, like Widescreen, Unfinished Business, and NPC project. If this is the case, is BWP worth my time? I'm a first-time player of Baldur's Gate, so I don't want to change the original experience by much. Thanks for the response!

#47 -Sarielle-

-Sarielle-

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:57 PM

I actually only intended to use the minimal version (to get BGT and the fixpack in an easy installer) and add a couple of other mods to it, like Widescreen, Unfinished Business, and NPC project. If this is the case, is BWP worth my time? I'm a first-time player of Baldur's Gate, so I don't want to change the original experience by much. Thanks for the response!

Worth my time at this point, that is. I re-read that and it came across kind of...mean. I'd definitely be using this compilation if I intended to mod heavily.

#48 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:18 PM

If this is the case, is BWP worth my time? I'm a first-time player of Baldur's Gate, so I don't want to change the original experience by much. Thanks for the response!

Unlike megamods/compilations for other games, the BWP can be used for small installs as well :D

The only mod REQUIRED in the BWP is the BG2Fixpack (there are others depending on the options you choose - BGT, widescreen etc :P)

Summarized to this:
1) Download and extract the BWPTools (installpack & fixpack)
2) Download and extract whatever mods YOU NEED :D (don't go with precompiled lists - make your own ;) - your small list is a good start, you can add more to it refering the BWPGuide - in the BWPTools - for descriptions and the BWPLinkliste for links :D)
3) Run the BWPInstall.bat
4) PROFIT?!? :unsure: :lol:

Problems I see are:
1) You can't add mods to the install.bat easily now
2) The BWPInstall.bat installs based on a precompiled list - so if you have NeJ unpacked and you chose the Recommended install, NeJ would still not be installed :( (workaround would be to choose Expert while installing but that installs some nasty stuff :devil:)

#49 -Sarielle-

-Sarielle-

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

Thank you so much for the prompt response. I'll definitely check it out then ^_^

#50 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:04 AM

Ok, I'm trying to add some mods to the BWPInstall.bat and it looks like full integration of any mod to be automatically installed by the .bat means changing 3 files :cheers:

1) BiG World Install.bat - Adding a CALL statement to the setup-modname.exe
2) list.txt (optional) - Adding a line for the initial mod-check portion of the install.bat
3) %LANGUAGE%/tra.txt - Adding a line that denotes which language to use while installing (apparently, not appending the mods I needed to this file earlier made them not install :lol:)

But I hit a small roadblock - so I beseech you great BWP gods to answer this silly question :o

What's the syntax used in adding to the tra.txt? I see:
<modname> = <language number in .tp2> <some letter>
I get stuck on the <some letter> thing :crying: I see E's and N's and even F's everywhere and can't for the love of myself make out a pattern :( (I did understand that F implies non-english mods or somesuch... but not sure :unsure:)

Pray tell me the difference between E'ed and N'ed mods! :P Also, are there any other files I might need to modify other than the 3 I mentioned?

#51 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:47 AM

Native, English - Since English is Native for English users, it's N.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#52 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

Great success! :coolthumb:

On my way to getting my old install back now :woot: The test was a success - and I found some stuff for the BWP to ponder over while I was at it :D

BWPInstallpack
- Khalid's options use the wrong string (@154) while they should use @157 :P

BWPBorkpack
- patches succeed but with fuzziness :D Should be fixed if using the latest Borkpack :cheers:

BWPFixpack (LOTS of missed offsets, malformed patches and whatnot)
- AC_QUEST -> References a missing (deleted? :unsure:) file
- BG1NPC -> The BWP should start using v19 now lol :D Lots of stuff already fixed in there.. except the patch for bg1npc\phase2\baf\x#xqxan.baf which got applied :P
- BG1UB -> BWP uses the new v13 but the Linkliste has the old v12 link (which like BG1NPC hasn't been updated in the main page but v13 is still beta so I guess no problems with that :P) New BG1UB and LotSC links!
- BoneHill -> Everything fails because v175b HAS EM ALL! :woot:
- BranwenNPC -> BWPFixpack patch needs to be updated for v13
- BuTcHeRy -> BWPFixpack patch needs to be updated (HUNK #2 is already present)
- Impasylum -> BWPFixpack patch needs to be updated for v0.96
- Item_pack -> Everything fails cause v17 has em all :D
- planarspheremod -> override backup lines already being patched by the Borkpack so Fixpack fails :D
- Severian -> BWPFixpack patch needs to be updated for v0.2a
- Tashia -> Patch succeeds with 2 lins of fuzz... might be a good idea to rebuild it :P

Edited by Lollorian, 26 October 2011 - 10:18 AM.

#53 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:43 PM

Following up on the above post, 3 lines of typos in the list.txt :D
Auror=Auror Kit
btweak=BTweaks
btweak_lite=BTweaks Light
should be:
AurorKit=Auror Kit
b!tweak=BTweaks
b!tweak_lite=BTweaks Light
Also, I'm attaching some slightly changed strings for the english version of the BWP :P

Also, for posterity, Borkpack has been updated :woot: (nothing too fancy there though)

Attached Files

#54 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

Check the batch. The ! is removed/files are renamed since batch does not really like the ! in the name.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#55 -RunQ-

-RunQ-

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:24 AM

*bunch of awesome*

Lollorian is back in action :) thanks for the work you put into reporting/fixing these things dude :cheers:

#56 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

DISABLE_FROM_KEY has a bug in WeiDU 230 - it's as if it wasn't there (worked with 229). Found this while trying to install altered knock.

You might wanna report this directly in the WeiDU forums :)

Within the BWP though, SCS, SCSII and Vecna use this command as well :unsure:

Yeah, this apparently causes problems:
http://forums.pocket...8&topic=27980.0
(infinity animations).
So i guess the new BWP needs to change the recommendation of WeiDU 330 to 329 until WeiDU 331 is released (it's fixed in git).

#57 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:33 AM

So i guess the new BWP needs to change the recommendation of WeiDU 230 to 229 until WeiDU 231 is released (it's fixed in git).

That's quite dangerous, since other regressions could occur in other mods, and moreover we can't be sure that weidu does not auto-update itself.
I'd rather suggest to include a weidu-229.exe file somewhere in the BWP, and, until weidu 231 is released, you install IA, Vecna and other DFK mods with that. So, you should not use
:: install a normal mod
:Install_Normal
Setup-%~1.exe --language %2 --skip-at-view --force-install-list %~3 --logapp | %M%
exit /b %errorlevel%
but
:: install a normal mod
:Install_DFK
weidu-229.exe [tp2 file] --language %2 --skip-at-view --force-install-list %~3 --logapp | %M%
exit /b %errorlevel%

Edited by Turambar, 28 October 2011 - 04:37 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#58 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:21 AM

Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know that aTweaks has been updated to v3.70. There are a couple of new components which can be safely included in the BWP:

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #105 // PnP Dimension Door: v3.70
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // PnP Fey creatures: v3.70
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #186 // Revised Call Woodland Beings spell: v3.70
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #211 // Make Death Ward protect against Vorpal Hits: v3.70
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #315 // Distinctive creature soundsets: v3.70

Also, these two components have been deprecated (they are now a part of Distinctive creature soundsets):

~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #303 // Give Shambling Mounds their proper soundset: v3.67
~ATWEAKS/SETUP-ATWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #304 // Give Mariliths their Icewind Dale soundset: v3.67

#59 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

Small fix for the Linkliste :D

Tyris Flare NPC is now at v5 :woot: (linkliste links to v3 :()

#60 EarthquakeDamage

EarthquakeDamage
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

So, I've come across three problems attempting a "current-gen" BWP install (10.2, I think -- installer claims 9.10 or whatever).

First, Dungeon-Be-Gone isn't in the PDF. I'm pretty sure it was there in an older version (last I used was 7- or 8-ish). If there's a way to add it manually, I'd love to know how and, more importantly, when.

Second, I must have installed BG1 in a non-standard directory (IIRC either BG1 or one of the Fallouts installs into /BlackIsle/ instead of /Black Isle/, so I probably manually installed to /Black Isle/Baldur's Gate/). When the BGT Core component tried to install, BWS offers no feedback and doesn't recognize that the user needs to input the actual install directory. So I had to install that one manually. No real problem aside from what I'd call an oversight in BWS (in particular, it should probably fill out Autopath.txt and/or Input.txt ahead of time).

The third problem has me stuck, though. I'll post the relevant piece of the Debug output, plus my WeiDU log and, if I can find it, my BWP install order.

From my saved BWS-Selection INI:
Spoiler

From WeiDU.LOG
Spoiler

From BWS Debug window:
Spoiler

Edit: Please note that interact.2DA does not currently exist in the override directory. It must only be in the BIFs at the moment.

Edited by EarthquakeDamage, 01 November 2011 - 09:39 AM.