BiG World Project (BWP) v10.2 released

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

First, Dungeon-Be-Gone isn't in the PDF. I'm pretty sure it was there in an older version (last I used was 7- or 8-ish). If there's a way to add it manually, I'd love to know how and, more importantly, when.

I have it in all my installs now :D

How to add DBG:
Spoiler

About DBG btw, it should really be made a part of the BWP now lol :D
1) It easily can be added to the "DF" (deselect FUN mods) check
2) It is TOTALLY optional (you can play the entire Chateau Irenicus level with it installed if you want... even the RoT cutscene and CtB chores portion play nice with it :D)
3) Rare mod with high quality voice acting :coolthumb:
4) You can totally diss on the NPC that it spawns :ROFL: (ok ignore this... but points 1-3 are valid still :P)

No real problem aside from what I'd call an oversight in BWS (in particular, it should probably fill out Autopath.txt and/or Input.txt ahead of time).

BGT was updated to v1.12 after the final BWS 9.10 (that you're probably using) was made public :P It really isn't the BWS's fault that BGT changed its folder input thingamajig in v1.12 :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 01 November 2011 - 09:59 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#62 -gabriel-knight-

-gabriel-knight-

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

I have a strange issue with Secret of BoneHill. After I talk to Pelltar at the temple, the old guy does try to teleport me but the loading screen doesn't light up as if it's loading something. It just hangs there and nothing happens. Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

Did a tactics install + NeJ on Win Xp.

#63 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

In other words, eXpert compilation, that won't be the only bug you'll run into.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#64 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

In other words, eXpert compilation, that won't be the only bug you'll run into.

... which doesn't exempt us from trying to solve this yes? :D

It would help if you could post your load order (look for a WeiDU.log file and post it in spoilers :P) since the game doesn't outright crash, it would seem like you just missed installing genbiff or something but a load order would confirm that :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#65 -gabriel-knight-

-gabriel-knight-

Posted 27 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

Ok, here goes

"
Spoiler
"

#66 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

Shit that's huge :D

Try CLUAConsole:MoveToArea('BH0100')

if that gets you to the BoneHill area, enter this: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",2)
The quest should proceed as normal :)

Speaking of which, this is the block that's supposed to move you to Restenford:
Spoiler

Dunno if there should've been 2 ActionOverrides for Player1 :unsure:

Edited by Lollorian, 27 November 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#67 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 27 November 2011 - 03:56 AM

Shit that's huge :D

Try CLUAConsole:MoveToArea('BH0100')

if that gets you to the BoneHill area, enter this: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("BHQuestAccept","GLOBAL",2)
The quest should proceed as normal :)

Speaking of which, this is the block that's supposed to move you to Restenford:

Spoiler

Dunno if there should've been 2 ActionOverrides for Player1 :unsure:

Well I've allready tried the CLUA console thing and it does the same thing. I actually started a new game and tried that and it did the same thing. I opened the area with DLTCEP and saved it in the override folder... same thing. I'm really interested if anyone actually encountered such an issue?

#68 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

I opened the area with DLTCEP and saved it in the override folder... same thing. I'm really interested if anyone actually encountered such an issue?

As you're already familiar with DLTCEP do the following:
Open that area in DLTCEP and try opening the wed file. If that doesn't work you've probably fallen victim to the WeiDU v230 bug, where one installation command deletes random files instead of the specified ones.

That's fixed in WeiDU v231.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#69 -gabriel-knight-

-gabriel-knight-

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:22 AM

I opened the area with DLTCEP and saved it in the override folder... same thing. I'm really interested if anyone actually encountered such an issue?

Open that area in DLTCEP and try opening the wed file. If that doesn't work you've probably fallen victim to the WeiDU v230 bug, where one installation command deletes random files instead of the specified ones.

10th

I'll try that, but I'm pretty sure I used WeiDU v229.

#70 -gabriel-knight-

-gabriel-knight-

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

10th

I've opened the area and selected edit wed. The editing menu popped up so I guess all is running fine there.
As Jarno pointed out, it is an eXpert install due to adding NeJ content... but any ideea how that might have resulted in this loading issue?

#71 -gabriel-knight-

-gabriel-knight-

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:34 AM

10th

I've opened the area and selected edit wed. The editing menu popped up so I guess all is running fine there.
As Jarno pointed out, it is an eXpert install due to adding NeJ content... but any ideea how that might have resulted in this loading issue?

Sorry for the double post! :whistling: