BiG World Project (BWP) v10.2 released

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:19 AM

Don't tell me, it's spiderbane.

How can i disable Hurricane's patch without anything else being affected?

#22 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

Guess i should have installed item rev v2 huh.

Perhaps, you could try installing item_rev v3beta after bgt...
edit: I hadn't seen the last two posts... are you sure it's a completely different new weapon?
It appears to be still the vampiric sword, just it has been slightly revised and its extended headers have been put into a spell (dvvampir).
I think there is no compatibility issue, since both mods can patch that same item, in the same order.
Anyway, I'll check... where can I find the beta of Item revisions?

Edited by Turambar, 16 October 2011 - 02:29 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#23 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:33 AM

Here:
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=22691

But extract this into the archive too (hotfixes)
http://forums.gibber...showtopic=22692

#24 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:06 AM

edit: I hadn't seen the last two posts... are you sure it's a completely different new weapon?
It appears to be still the vampiric sword, just it has been slightly revised and its extended headers have been put into a spell (dvvampir).
I think there is no compatibility issue, since both mods can patch that same item, in the same order.

I didn't look into it that closely, but I assume that the item would be inconsistent with its description even if BGT were to successfully patch it.

#25 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

Item rev 2 goes further, as expected.

So, think of this a beta test report.

#26 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:24 AM

you could try installing item_rev v3beta after bgt...

:doh: Thanks for this! I didn't know v3 was out :woot:

The main problem with Item_rev and BGT was that BGT overwrote stuff that item_rev changed (to be awesome :P) into plain BGI variants. Now that v3 has support for BGT, I guess you should try installing it after BGT :coolthumb:

Meanwhile, I gave a test of Hurricane's patch and it works flawlessly (albeit I only installed BGT - not even the BG2Fixpack :o) I'd think this was a one-off case because item_rev v2 (which the BWP uses) doesn't mod those items :) v3 does and this could be avoided by installing v3 AFTER BGT :P

As for removing Hurricane's change, it's just a matter of deleting the .patch file I mentioned earlier :unsure: Tell ya what i30817, to do away with this problem once and for all, you might wanna:
1) Delete your BGII-SoA folder
2) Reinstall BGII-SoA (and keep a backup of this folder somewhere so you don't have to reinstall again ;) - easier to test stuff)
3) Extract all the mods again
4) DELETE THE PATCH FILE!!! (BiG World Fixpack\BGT\Setup-BGT.tp2.patch)
5) Run the Install.bat :)

I'm imagining your BGII-SoA folder is really messed up after this many reinstalls now :P

Edited by Lollorian, 16 October 2011 - 03:24 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#27 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Nah. I already have a backup. And a backup of the unzipped mods.

And it's not out, it's still beta (though they are already talking about v4).

Edited by i30817, 16 October 2011 - 03:36 AM.

#28 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

Installing Item Revisions after BGT would be the best solution to this problem.
In that case Hurricane's patch can simply be shored up by having it use ADD_ITEM_EFFECT.

#29 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

I'm going to try to install v3 after BGT, any reason you can see why it wouldn't work?

Would i need to edit Hurricane's patch with ADD_ITEM_EFFECT (might as well give up then)?

Edited by i30817, 16 October 2011 - 03:37 AM.

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Would i need to edit Hurricane's patch with ADD_ITEM_EFFECT (might as well give up then)?

Lol that's just code optimization, has no effect on what you'll need :D I'm interested to see how your install goes so maybe the BWP could make use of v3b now :lol:

Re ADD_ITEM_EFFECT: Non-BWPFixpacked BGT uses that code so I'm thinking change ALL THE INSTANCES of old code? :woot:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#31 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

Lol that's just code optimization, has no effect on what you'll need :D I'm interested to see how your install goes so maybe the BWP could make use of v3b now :lol:

Re ADD_ITEM_EFFECT: Non-BWPFixpacked BGT uses that code so I'm thinking change ALL THE INSTANCES of old code? :woot:

There'd probably be other standard functions besides ADD_ITEM_EFFECT, but all the old code can/should probably be converted, yes.
Unless someone else is eager to do it I can probably squeeze it in later today.

#32 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

Installing after worked. Haven't finished yet, but it passed and is installing the rest.

BTW, i know that that no drow avatars in the underdark thing is because of Valen stutter, but has anyone ever found out the error instead of just avoiding it? Seems like a fixpack candidate.

Edited by i30817, 16 October 2011 - 06:00 AM.

#33 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

BTW, i know that that no drow avatars in the underdark thing is because of Valen stutter, but has anyone ever found out the error instead of just avoiding it? Seems like a fixpack candidate.

Afair it had something to do with regeneration rings and Valen's own natural vampire regeneration. I didn't install it my last few megamod installations, but I also never used Valen.

@ item revisions
I'd vote for placing item revision's main component after all big bg1 and bg2 mods, as some of them still overwrite items (DSotSC or NTotSC as far as I remember).

If beta3 or the final version of v3 gets included, store revisions should be installed after Rogue Rebalancing's store component, as it takes RR into account. But if RR should take precedence it's to be the other way round during installation.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#34 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

There'd probably be other standard functions besides ADD_ITEM_EFFECT, but all the old code can/should probably be converted, yes.

Turns out it's only the code for sw1h19 that needs fixing, so Turambar's snippet will do.

#35 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

DISABLE_FROM_KEY has a bug in WeiDU 230 - it's as if it wasn't there (worked with 229). Found this while trying to install altered knock.

#36 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:48 AM

I'd vote for placing item revision's main component after all big bg1 and bg2 mods, as some of them still overwrite items (DSotSC or NTotSC as far as I remember).

+1 :coolthumb:

Turns out it's only the code for sw1h19 that needs fixing, so Turambar's snippet will do.

And the deed is done :D Cumulative BGT.tp2 - methinks it might be a good idea to link to this in Hurricane's thread now yes? :P

DISABLE_FROM_KEY has a bug in WeiDU 230 - it's as if it wasn't there (worked with 229). Found this while trying to install altered knock.

You might wanna report this directly in the WeiDU forums :)

Within the BWP though, SCS, SCSII and Vecna use this command as well :unsure:

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 16 October 2011 - 09:57 AM.

#37 i30817

i30817
  • 611 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:04 AM

They installed... the knock mod one did not.

It behaved as if the line wasn't there, maybe those uses are "useless"?

Or maybe it's something peculiar to the ce#knock.tp2

#38 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

I can confirm that it doesn't work.
I met that when I was modifying my fix for Prelate Wessalen. I could not disable the second, SOS-added prelate (CBFIXPRE) from the key file (which was not really needed, but I wanted to do it for clarity)
On the other hand, remember that DISABLE_FROM_KEY only works with biffed file, so it should be used together with some code which move the file away from the override folder, if there's a copy of it there.

You should report that on the weidu forum.

BTW, please note that I haven't tested yet the code I've suggested above.

Concerning Valen's stuttering, is that bug still happening? Is there a topic concerning that, anywhere?

Edited by Turambar, 16 October 2011 - 11:27 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#39 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Concerning Valen's stuttering, is that bug still happening? Is there a topic concerning that, anywhere?

The last bit of information I remember is, that it's still there, but that was quite some time ago (one year +). And I don't remember anyone doing a Valen + regeneration rings and drow avatar run.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#40 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

I just wanted to chime in to say that, after reading this thread, I can confirm everything you guys said about sw1h19. :) Good job figuring out this problem between Item Revisions and the changes I proposed for setup-BGT.tp2. (Specifically: By only accepting exactly 2 effects on the melee ability, BGT unintentionally checked for its own vanilla/SoA version of sw1h19 - that's what I missed when I changed the sourcing of the item to COPY_EXISTING.) I'm sorry I wasn't aware of that. It's kind of ironic - I try to fix BGT so as to preserve any previously modified items, only to find that a previously modified item then causes BGT's installation to fail because the modified item doesn't qualify for getting blatantly overwritten anymore. :P In any case, Turambar's wonderful solution is the way to go. It accomplishes exactly what I intended, but without unnecessary conditions in the code.

The sentiment of the patch is admirable

Why thank you sir! :)