Photo

LolFixer Thread

• Please log in to reply
355 replies to this topic

#161 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Before I install the latest version (with changes dated 12/2/12) I noticed the tp2 on the project page has an interesting comment, something along the lines of '****ty, ****ty fail!'

It made me stop and hesitate to install this. Is it working or will it rape the install I've worked so hard on?

#162 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

Yeah I broke stuff by swapping blocks in this commit... Four days later I realised why I'd been getting much bigger logs than earlier, added a SINGLE line and it was fixed :P What you see is in that commit's title is rage... pure, beautiful rage at myself :lol: (wish I could edit commit titles :crying:)

It's fixed now so yeah, despite the commit implying otherwise, the fixer's fine :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#163 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Lollorian, I haven't used Lolfixer yet, but I wanted to say 'Thanks!' for developing it. It is much needed.

The idea for it has been around quite a long time, but it's great to see someone with the mad skillz to develop it so fully.

And also thanks for reporting errors and issues to the respective mod(der)s so that they can be improved.

When I do get back into gaming, I'll be sure to use Lolfixer and report any discoveries I make.

btw TDouglas-- You are not alone--there are still a few of us who do megainstalls by hand - more fun that way!

#164 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Heh I've been trying to add stuff that makes the lolfixer more awesome thanks to Leonardo's BWP install logs but yay for holidays and all the joy and cake and beer that it brings! :D

Also, I realized I've been a dick and haven't uploaded the newest commit as an archive :doh:

So yeah, totally legit 7 days of megamod release this one :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 13 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#165 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Quick update with stuff I forgot to commit yesterday <_<

Commit #1: Item Stuff - Portrait Icon Assigner will now properly and brutely assign only the Resist Cold/Fire portrait if an item has both fire and ice bonuses (for eg: If an item with both bonuses had only the fire icon, the component now removes the fire icon and adds the fire/cold icon ^_^ Earlier it used to assign the cold icon in addition to the fire icon... unnecessary icon space wastage IMHO :lol;)

Also, it will now 'turn ON' icons that were 'OFF' :ermm: (Target not Self or not displayed while equipped)

Commit #2: Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Spell Fixer now has horred the plague's fantastic BCS patching code :Bow: (instead of my crash-prone fail exclusion list :P)

Edited by Lollorian, 13 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.

#166 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

Lollorian, I'm gonna hijack the thread for a moment--and put you on the spot, heehee...

For (years!), some of us have been waiting for someone to update Spell-50 mod.

(For our studio audience, this is its description:

"The Spell-50 mod extends a number of priest, druid and mage spell effects to level fifty. Spells cast by friends and enemies alike are modified. Basically, it's a mod for players who would like to see phenomenal cosmic spellcasting at higher levels.")

Not just fix it, as that might be more a headache than it's worth. A rework, a recreation--we want it made to work as Weimer intended: a programmatic traverse of all/most/some spells--vanilla and modded--scaling them to Level 50 spellcasters.

Imagine the possibilities of high-level villains giving our high-level heroes a real magical challenge--clash of the titans!

I think from all you've learned from Lolfixer, that knowledge can apply directly to this mission.

I know you have other projects and your own real-life stuff to manage, but if this challenge intrigues you, post over at the Spell-50 "forum" (lol, just make a new thread), even if to make some suggestions.

Cheers!

#167 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

From your description of the mod, it actually sounds like an awesome idea :D (haven't read through the mod site or readme yet though)

I gotta be honest when I say I don't know about the SPLs as much as I (would like to assume that I) know about ITMs though :lol:

Although, yeah, a basic premise of something that does what that mod seems to wanna do is:

1. Open a player-accessible spell

2. Check for any kind of level progression

3. Extrapolate that to level 50 if progression ends before that and add effect/ability headers (I think that's how spells do shit yeah? :P)

4. Save and profit (??? :unsure:)

PS: How would one extrapolate Chromatic Orb for instance to level 50 when even in vanilla it just progresses till 10? :unsure: (unless the level 10 effect has something that depends on caster level or something)

Damn mages and their spells, no wonder I play melee toons in most games :D

#168 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

PS: How would one extrapolate Chromatic Orb for instance to level 50 when even in vanilla it just progresses till 10? :unsure: (unless the level 10 effect has something that depends on caster level or something)
It's called creative freedom... or the "let's throw away the original idea and insert our own fun hax just for plogs".
Say you give the spell the ability to pierce magical immunity at level 15... at 50% for example at first, then 75% and then 100%... and then make the spell also lower the creatures magical resistance after that... and then at level 50, it goes through the spell resistance, sets the enemy magic resistance to zero and removes 10 spell protections effects.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#169 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

Jarno is right--the development of the mod can be as open as you and The Community like or as needed.

Some spells will follow a simple/complicated numerical progression (Magic Missile?); some will need eyeballs & brains to consider how to expand its powers.

Some general comments about mods (as anything specific, we should be adding to a thread over at PPG):

Many mods, certainly ones by Weimer, seem more proof-of-concept than end-all-be-all. Thus, they provide a framework and guidelines on how to develop a concept further; e.g. although Tactics isn't the first AI mod for BG, it directly inspired BP and SCS and other mods, each with their own philosophy of game tactics.

I think mods like Spell-50 were made with this in mind--that when knowledge of the file structures and the code, the coding tools--and the coders--improved, the mods could continue to mature.

I think too often, many believe that a mod cannot be touched by new hands, mostly due to respect to the original authors, but also because there would be some negativism by the community. Fortunately, BWP has shown that mods can be fixed, updated, even improved while still giving props to the original source material and creators.

All of Weimer's mods are up for improvement. jcompton has given tentative approval for updates, as long as he can be confidence that the contributors are proficient to the task.

Lollorian, Lolfixer and your other contributions have proven that you are one of those people.

Of course, you'll always have help and support from members of the community -- often more than you wish!

Edited by Azazello, 05 January 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#170 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

All of my creative juices tell me to make all spells have an effect that kills every enemy in a 30' radius and casts Wish on the party while summoning Sephiroth and Lara Croft :D

Hence, my creative juices should not be allowed to flow :lol:

@Azazello:

There seem to be newer versions in this thread :) The latest seems to be v11... It overwrites like shit though :lol:

Fortunately the (majority of the) BG community hasn't degenerated to the closed cesspools that some other modding communities have become so all's cool :coolthumb:

Also, the lolfixer is entirely derived from code from in the BG2Fixpack and Tweakpack (along with other mods but these 2 are major :P) which goes to show that I work best when there is code already present for something :D

I'm not too sure if I'm willing to take up the mod though... although if someone were to take it up and dunno, maybe update it publicly in a git repo or something... stuff becomes easy to fork and I don't take the blame when someone's PC assplodes ^_^

#171 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

I know that thread very well--it's the reason I made a request to you. :lol:

No worries, one of these days, we will coral a coder into reworking the mod. :twisted:

#172 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

I've started documenting stuff now ^_^ Starting with the Intro and Area Stuff - MAJESTIC Area Fixer (yes, every component will have separate files cause clubbing them up would be HUGELY inconvenient :P) Best viewed with word wrap on btw!

Also, this commit prevents removing items from creatures where they were intentionally put in to confer some bonus (like the Improved Kitthix from Weimer's Item Upgrade having the Ring of Gaxx and Boots of Speed) These items are unstealable or undroppable so they had to be worn for a reason :P

That commit also prevents the lolfixer from meddling with item abilities of type 0 (these abilities don't even show up in-game so they probably don't need that icon assigned :lol:)

#173 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Hi!

Is it possible/necessary to combine LolFixer with Big World? When should it be installed if compatible?

#174 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

At the end and in sequence :P (You don't want comp #7 installed before #6 because... explosions :ph34r:)

Why the end? So you can easily uninstall/upgrade it whenever you wish :) (I tend to have sporadic spurts of insight and tinker with it now and then... also, I'm lazy :D)

Installing before generalized biffing will unnecessarily make the uninstall/upgrade process a whole lot longer for the price of a few loose files in the override :P

#175 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

I have question about Manacles (CBMANCL.ITM) from SoS. Does Lolfixer something for them?

I was doing guarding drunks at inn duty and manacles didn't work. Then i deleted CBMANCL.ITM from override and manacles worked again like they should.

I didn't do change-log or anything else (i was "little" frustrated :wall: ) at the time. :P

I checked lolfixer's debug-file and it has probably done something to CBMANCL.ITM because i founded it there. :blink:

You are better :lol: person for checking this than me (i don't know anything, i'm just stupid player :crazy: ) has lolfixer anything to do with this problem or not. :D

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#176 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

I made little research about manacles problem.

I re-unstalled Lolfixer and made change-log.

Here's change-log:

Spoiler

Then i tested CBMANCLE.00001.ITM, CBMANCLE.00002.ITM and CBMANCLE.00003.ITM and they all worked. Only the CBMANCLE.ITM at override doesn't work.

Here's CBMANCLE.ITM.

Attached File  CBMANCLE.ITM   410bytes   185 downloads

Here's lines that i found at SETUP-LOLFIXER.DEBUG about CBMANCLE.ITM:

Spoiler

I hope this helps finding what's wrong with this item.

Then again this might be a problem in my local BWP expert-install only.

#177 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Heh sorry about that :P This caused your problem :)

CBMANCLE.ITM error: Ability #0 assigned to WEAPON slot (was EQUIPMENT)...

The item had a melee header that was being assigned to the weapon slot even though it wasn't a weapon :doh:

I've added checks to change the slot to WEAPON only if the item is a weapon (and to EQUIPMENT only if the item is not a weapon) :P A reinstall of the MAJESTIC Item Fixer should help you... although may take a while :ph34r: BWPExpert lol :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 06 February 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#178 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

No problems, glad it get fixed. :D

I have played that manacle quest already so it's for my next BWP install. :P

I'm going re-install Lolfixer today before i start my game session. :lol:

#179 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Haven't found much to tinker with these days :P

Just moved a block so 2handed weapons that have swing probabilities >100% get relevant swing percentages instead of being nulled :D Yes, its crazy talk ^_^

Attached Files

#180 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

I'm somewhat confused with Lolfixer and would like to ask for a clarification if possible.

Namely, in my current attempt at a latest version (22.02.2013) of BWS it was unable to automatically locate and download Lolfixer and asked me to find it manually. What's weird is that it asks me to provide Lolfixer-master.zip file, while all I was able to find is Lolfixer_05022012.7z from this thread and omni-axa-Lolfixer-e384c51.zip from some site called "Github". I'm unsure if I should point BWS to some of these files despite it asks precisely for Lolfixer-master.zip, thus risking to screw whole installation or continue to look for Lolfixer-master.zip. Please help :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)