big world project guide manual installation noob newb

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#201 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

1 Should I use BWP or should BWS do the job?
2 Is what I want to achieve even possible? (no mods overwriting eachother causing bugs etc)

Well, I have been out of the loop for a while, but I know the new BWS is up to date now, so use that... and the NEJ should work, it's detailed in the "BWP readme".

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 September 2012 - 12:44 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#202 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

Thanks,
I have actually read the readme, however there isn't any information on mod compatibility. (that or I'm missing something)
So sorry to ask again, maybe it's just an obvious thing, are all the big mode compatible? (TDD, SoS, CtB, TS, RoT)

#203 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

I have actually read the readme, however there isn't any information on mod compatibility.
So sorry to ask again, maybe it's just an obvious thing, are all the big mode compatible? (TDD, SoS, CtB, TS, RoT)

Yes..., well they are fixed so they become to be... there's been a lot of effort put into the fact that they are... the fact that you are missing is the BiG World Install and Fixpack 's... and that they need to be used for the readme and the installation to be at all possible.

Did you read the whole readme page by page understanding the whole content of the guide ... it has 324 pages... the page 13 was written a long time ago, but it refers to the fact that the BiG World can install all the mods in it with as few bugs as possible:

The BiG World Project is an extensive package with instructions, downloader, installer, bug-fixes and text-patches
(only in the German edition), that allows a smoothly and faultless installation.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 01 September 2012 - 02:25 AM.

#204 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I have not read the whole guide, because I wasn't sure if it was even possible to add all the big mods into 1 game.
I've read everything from point 1-5 and browsed through the apendixes. I will be reading more of it now, since I can add all the mods listed there (wow!)
With the additional information on the forum and those few questions you answered I think I do understand the guide.

The reason I was confused is because of the outdated information I found while browsing for some answers.
And the abbreviations like BWP BGT BP etc. are confusing aswell.
I guess this forum and the mods, just like the game, has a bit of a learning curve :)

Thanks for your patience

#205 -Heela-

-Heela-

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hello,
I recently installed a lot of mods using the BWS (wich is just amazing :clap: )
However I'm thinking to add/remove some of them in another play through.
Is there any automated way to know wich mods are installed or does one have to go through the BG2 folder and check manually?

#206 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

File called WeiDU.log in your BG2 folder.
With BWS you can even import selection from that file and finetune it from there.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#207 Ztartrax

Ztartrax
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

The WeiDu version is non-stable. Maybe time to change to a better version at the link above or tell where to find a better version?

#208 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

WeiDU 23102? It was specially made for very large installs, such as BWP, along with fixing other bugs. Link

It throws the non-stable message on every mod because it is beta, but it should be fine.
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#209 -Nicola-

-Nicola-

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

The Comprehensive Extraction Guide!!! (wip)

Firstly, this guide requires either the freely available 7-zip (www.7-zip.org) or WinRAR. If you don't have either, get 7-zip, as it's completely free.
(Note: I have never used Winrar before, so someone who does can help contribute working WinRAR instructions. This guide assumes you are using 7-zip)

1. Download all mods to a folder of your choice.
2. Make 3 folders in the folder you used to store the mods - weirdlypacked, infinityanimations, and nsis.
3. Move approiate mods to one of the subfolders. Here's what goes in what:

weirdlypacked: Anything that does not extract cleanly into the BG2 folder. Examples: BoM Item Pack, Check the Bodies, Grimuar, Planar Sphere, PoF Kitpack, Realm of the Bhaalspawn, Stuff of the Magi. These need to be extracted seperatly.
infinityanimations: Content for Infinity Animations: Examples: Any archive that starts with IA_, Belhifet_and_Marilith, Moinesse_edits_IAised, NWN_Misc, Shadows_harpy_frostgiant. These need to be extrated seperatily, into <BG2 Installation Dir>/infintyanimations/content or in the case of IA_BG2_Restores, <BG2 Installation Dir>/infinityanimations/restores. To do this, right click the archives, select 7-zip/Extract Files..., then for Path mode:, select No Pathnames. Select the desired directory and extract away.
nsis: Any NSIS (Nullsoft Something Installer Something) exes. Examples: practically anything from Pocket Plane (exceptions: Banter Packs and Allison), anything from RPG Dungon, and exe files that have the PPG logo, a llama on a computer, or the NSIS logo as icons. These need to be handled seperatly.

4. Extract everything else. Select the first file, then scroll down, hold shift, and click the last file. Right click on the archives, then 7-zip/Extract Files.... On the dialog that pops up, select the BG2 directory, then extract away.

Again, if anyone has WinRAR instuctions, please post.

I don't get much of the differences of the mods within the different folders where i had to move them. Someone could help me?

According to my list i've only weirdlypacked and one infinityanimations mod. Am i right?

This is my mod list
http://i46.tinypic.com/14c9mjc.pngn

#210 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:24 AM

My only comment to the last post is a recommendation to use the updated BWS.

#211 -Enne-

-Enne-

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

My only comment to the last post is a recommendation to use the updated BWS.

Thanks! Only one problem after reading the first post of this thread and your faq in your signature

What can i do?

ERROR Installing [NTotSC for BGT-Weidu], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-NTOTSC.TP2] component 0.
File not found - data\NTOTSC1.bif
File not found - data\NTOTSC2.bif
File not found - data\NTOTSC3.bif
The system cannot find the file specified.
0 File(s) copied
ERROR: Failure("This mod should be installed after DSotSC.")
PLEASE email the file SETUP-NTOTSC.DEBUG to SirBillyBob@gmail.com & erebusant@verizon.net
Automatically Skipping [NTotSC for BGT-Weidu] because of error.
Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS NTotSC for BGT-Weidu

Press ENTER to exit.

#212 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Did you select the "Darker Side of the Swordcoast" mod ? It might have error-ed to download or extract also...
Cause the above would come up if you don't have that mod but try to install the "Northern Tales of the Swordcoast" -mod. If that's the case, you need to remake your selection... if you did select them both, then you need to rerun the "BiG World Setup.vbs" again later, as it get's an update at some point, delay of day two at most.

#213 -enne-

-enne-

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Did you select the "Darker Side of the Swordcoast" mod ? It might have error-ed to download or extract also...
Cause the above would come up if you don't have that mod but try to install the "Northern Tales of the Swordcoast" -mod. If that's the case, you need to remake your selection... if you did select them both, then you need to rerun the "BiG World Setup.vbs" again later, as it get's an update at some point, delay of day two at most.

Ok, now i try, probabily is what you're saying, i'm about to reinstalla Bg1-Bg2 for the tenth time because of my lack of knowledge. Your help in this community is essential. Thanks again

#214 -enne-

-enne-

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

I've removed NTotS and that error never occured again. Unfortunately i've had another error with infinityanimations mod (Infinity Animations beta 5) and i removed that either.
In the first steps of the installation i got the first screen.
Finally i get the installation going and it ended with the second screens.
http://i45.tinypic.com/1411chg.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/2zhfyc9.png

It's all been acting normal?

#215 SweetDeath

SweetDeath
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Hahaha... nice guide my friend, im crossing my fingers right now :D... and the best is...
Spoiler

:clap:

Edited by SweetDeath, 17 November 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#216 -William Imm-

-William Imm-

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Yes, this is the maintainer of the guide speaking. Since I'm way too occupied with DnDOG to actually stick around for long on this site, I'm planning on giving permissions to edit this guide to someone else. I'm thinking Jarno or Ascension64. I may finish the extraction guide soon, but this is just a note.

#217 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Yes, this is the maintainer of the guide speaking. Since I'm way too occupied with DnDOG to actually stick around for long on this site, I'm planning on giving permissions to edit this guide to someone else. I'm thinking Jarno or Ascension64. I may finish the extraction guide soon, but this is just a note.

Well, ShadowTek might be unpleasantly surprized on the changes I would make. And besides, I would make my own thread with the same kind of topic... and I don't actually have that much experience with the play end of the BWP, just the useage of the BWS and the earlier projects that lead up to it. And the -as of late- absence, doesn't always help much. Ascension64 might be busy too... there might be a better ways to reinject more blood to the projects vanes. Say Beleg33 ...
Of course if there's no other volunteers, I can take up the mantel.

#218 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

First of all, excellent guide! I have read both Jarno's faq and this guide extensively.

I have one, simple question before I proceed:

Will BWS allow me to select components? I have read elsewhere that it might not, but honestly I've been browsing back and forth for awhile now and can't remember where I read that, so that info might well be outdated.

Edited by Nocturne, 09 January 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#219 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Will BWS allow me to select components? I have read elsewhere that it might not, but honestly I've been browsing back and forth for awhile now and can't remember where I read that, so that info might well be outdated.

Yes, just click the red high lighted button in this:

capturevmp.png

#220 Nocturne

Nocturne
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Aye, did that and am about to proceed with the installation. Thanks Jarno!

Will I need to download and install the "mandatory files" from the guide, or will the BWS dl and install them for me? EDIT Ah it seems it does! What a great program! Thanks!! :) /EDIT

Edited by Nocturne, 09 January 2013 - 12:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: big world project, guide, manual installation, noob, newb