199 replies to this topic

#101 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:43 AM

Kivan's portrait totally ROCKS!!! :D

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#102 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:50 AM

Yes you are very correct. Bioware more or less totally switched the lore correct looks for Minsc and Edwin around. Thayvians (wizards in particular) are totally and utterly bald (as in full facial shaving), and often with multiple tattoo patterns. Hair in Thay denotes a slave, and I can't really see a haughty Red Wizard as Edwin going for the slave look.

Rashemen OTOH are dark and "hairy". I'm not sure about tattoos, but I suppose it could be individual.

EDIT: I do not mean to turn this into a request-fest, so feel free to blatantly ignore me, but something struck me when I was admiringly browsing your portrait-pack: Jaheira is wearing metal armour (or so it seems). She does that in her vanilla BG2 portrait too, as opposed to her BG1 portrait. And she's a druid... In BG a Fighter/Druid are not affected by the PnP restrictions, but I always play with the popular(?) "PnP Equipment for Druids"-component of Item Revisions, so metal is out the window!

So.. uhm.. if you one day found yourself with a powerful urge to change the metallic armour into something else - don't fight it! ;)

Edited by Dakk, 03 February 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#103 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have one more portrait request to make - this one's a minor npc, but it would be nice to see anyway: RHILATO!! THE..... MARVELOUS!!!!! The mod this guy is from adds a bunch of fun wild mage spels via his spellbook. The mod is called "Wild Mage Additions", and if you can find the time, please do a new portait for him.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#104 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

If Enkida want background information on Rhialto, this is what wiki says:

Rhialto the Marvellous, the titular wizard of the last book in the Dying Earth trilogy, and the primary focus of the stories involving the wizards of the 21st Aeon. Rhialto, like most of the others, is a wealthy and powerful wizard who rules an opulent estate, Falu. Also like most of his fellows, he enjoys epicurean pleasures and the company of beautiful women, but maintains no serious relationships. Normally appearing as a slim man with short black hair and austere features, he earned the title "the Marvellous" because of his reputation as a dandy who wears ostentatious, ornate clothing and is popular with women. Rhialto is ordinarily agreeable and carefree, but his fellow wizards regard him as somewhat supercilious.

#105 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

OMG you guys. I was trying to take a day just to organize my portraits and this project just keeps on growing. The original 17 images I was going to do has already multiplied by a factor of too many. If you want to see version 2 released before next Christmas please stop making requests. You can save it for version 3.0 otherwise I am going to just die under the weight of too many portraits ;___; No, really.

I ended up making a UB version Minsc with tattoo too, it was easier than I thought. Not posting here because it's exactly the same as the others, just, he has his tattoo back.

Edwin and Edwina, lore corrected. Edwina keeps her eyebrows for now. The spell grew them back, damn it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#106 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Aww Enkida <3
I never really realized Edwin the wizard wears a metal cap, weird. :huh: But they both look fantastic! And male Edwin doesn't have eyebrows? Cool!

And yes, I really don't want you to feel pressured or swamped; that's what takes the fun out of a hobby. So, really, I meant it when I said you could ignore my craving for a metal free druid. Keep on doing what you feel like doing, and what you feel like doing have so far shaped up to be pretty much the best portrait pack bar none. :new_thumbs:

#107 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

That's cool, I know you guys mean well. Just curb the eagerness a little and when I have a bit more time I'll be happy to start taking requests again. :-)

I updated the first post in this thread. The tally is 8 major portraits to go, 8 minor portraits to go, and 2 more NPC avatars to recolour. All minor portraits are either their original artwork recropped or stuff from the original Portrait Portal artist, may that site rest in peace. ;__;

If anyone would like to make my editing go a bit faster, I could use very specific bits of help from the image posted in the very first page of this thread.

1. Anyone who recognizes which celebrity was used as a base for the "Alianna as an Orc" portrait from the Turnabout mod, please let me know

2. Anyone knows what cartoon "Big Picture 1" was screencapped from - or what on Faerun's green earth that character is supposed to be - a skeleton? A warrior? Whut? Please tell me. The only thing I can figure by looking at it is "helmeted male skeleton with a long pole." I've not encountered this NPC in any of my games to date. It is from the "Big Picture" mod.

3. Anybody happens to recognize who the original celebrity for Miriam was, please let me know. Otherwise I will be using my own discretion to match the face, and my discretion on mods I haven't played yet usually seems to make fans of that mod unhappy :P

4. Anyone knows the celebrity face used for "Fading Promises" blonde man, that would be helpful. What his class is would also be helpful, again, haven't met this one in my game yet. Don't want to accidentally put him in armour if he's a civilian :-)

5. Homeward Bound orc character - is this a male or female? If someone recognizes the original artwork this comes from, all it needs is a size recrop, actually. Otherwise I will just paint in the shoulders.

6. Romantic Encounters: Sheri the bard - which actress is this? She also only needs a size recrop. I think it's Keira Knightly but ???

7. White Queen portrait: This is a piece of NWN artwork. I for the life of me cannot find this original NWN artwork on the web. If anyone has it in the original full size version, please point me to it. Otherwise, I will be wasting some hours digging google for him. ;__;

Wow, I think that's it. Back to portrait making! ;-)

#108 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

Also: Who is "Akadia" from the Chloe mod, and does she also require a new portrait?

#109 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

That's cool, I know you guys mean well. Just curb the eagerness a little and when I have a bit more time I'll be happy to start taking requests again. :-)

:-)

1. Anyone who recognizes which celebrity was used as a base for the "Alianna as an Orc" portrait from the Turnabout mod, please let me know

From the Turnabout mod readme:
"Bonnie Rutledge (Bons), Turnabout author, Voice of Alianna, Alianna portraitess"
So presumable own work and self modelling.

2. Anyone knows what cartoon "Big Picture 1" was screencapped from - or what on Faerun's green earth that character is supposed to be - a skeleton? A warrior? Whut? Please tell me. The only thing I can figure by looking at it is "helmeted male skeleton with a long pole." I've not encountered this NPC in any of my games to date. It is from the "Big Picture" mod.

Pass. Jarno Mikkola is fairly encyklopedic, might that he'll drop by and know. Or any other of a myriad knowledgable members. :)

3. Anybody happens to recognize who the original celebrity for Miriam was, please let me know. Otherwise I will be using my own discretion to match the face, and my discretion on mods I haven't played yet usually seems to make fans of that mod unhappy :P

No credits in readme or mod forum that I could discern.

4. Anyone knows the celebrity face used for "Fading Promises" blonde man, that would be helpful. What his class is would also be helpful, again, haven't met this one in my game yet. Don't want to accidentally put him in armour if he's a civilian :-)

From the readme:
"This mod adds a quest and a series of encounters with a talkative ghost, Aidan, a fallen paladin of Amaunator"
and
"Amaurea, for supplying the portrait"
You can reach Amaurea on G3 (if she's online still).

5. Homeward Bound orc character - is this a male or female? If someone recognizes the original artwork this comes from, all it needs is a size recrop, actually. Otherwise I will just paint in the shoulders.

Author is Berelinde, active here at SHS

6. Romantic Encounters: Sheri the bard - which actress is this? She also only needs a size recrop. I think it's Keira Knightly but ???

It states in the readme that cmorgan did the content for Sheri, he's staff here at SHS.

7. White Queen portrait: This is a piece of NWN artwork. I for the life of me cannot find this original NWN artwork on the web. If anyone has it in the original full size version, please point me to it. Otherwise, I will be wasting some hours digging google for him. ;__;

Tried it, spent an hour, found a beautful rendering of Aribeth, gave up.

Keep up the good great work!

EDIT:

Also: Who is "Akadia" from the Chloe mod, and does she also require a new portrait?

From Chloe page here at SHS:
"Chloe grew up near Neverwinter in a small orphanage. She claims to be the bastard offspring of Akadia, goddess of air and speed of movement, and a mortal man."
Akadia is, according to a post in the Chloe forum, in the game and the picture is of the modder herself.

Edited by Dakk, 03 February 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#110 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

There's an Akadi who is a god in the D&D pantheon, that is if the designer misspelled the name otherwise it may be a made up god by the mod designer.
Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#111 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

There's an Akadi who is a god in the D&D pantheon, that is if the designer misspelled the name otherwise it may be a made up god by the mod designer.

I believe it's one and the same. The portfolio matches, but the spelling seems intentional as in the readme the author writes "[...]from her mother Akadia (Akadi)". No idea why the the change in spelling though. Artistic license? :P

Edited by Dakk, 03 February 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#112 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Knowing the mod author had a thing for the World of Darkness the portraits name. Leads one to the the vampire character

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The Undying

#113 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Knowing the mod author had a thing for the World of Darkness the portraits name. Leads one to the the vampire character

Fine detective work, and indeed..! :D

#114 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

I was wondering if you could do some changes with Ninafer? Make her eyes blue or golden like a gold elf.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

The Undying

#115 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:18 PM

I was wondering if you could do some changes with Ninafer? Make her eyes blue or golden like a gold elf.

[OT] I don't care how sheltered her life has been, she's way too pretty for a paltry CHA 11 :naughty: :blush:

Edited by Dakk, 03 February 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#116 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

He's a morphthing.com blending of two celebrities (don't know which ones). He's a (deceased) paladin. The idea was that he should be faded, pale, and fairly de-saturated. Being dead, and all.

She's female. I think I got the original artwork from some kind of DnD sourcebook art. I don't think I have any bigger sizes floating around, but I can check.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#117 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

She's female. I think I got the original artwork from some kind of DnD sourcebook art. I don't think I have any bigger sizes floating around, but I can check.

Wasn't it the 4ed Player's Handbook 2, on the Shifter race page? I think I saw that face there...
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#118 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Wasn't it the 4ed Player's Handbook 2, on the Shifter race page? I think I saw that face there...

Could be! In all honesty, I'm really terrible about remembering things. And since I'm not an artist (Hello! It takes me like 4 hours to modify the image of a stick figure.), I don't pay as much attention as I should. It was kind of like "I want a female half-orc portrait that isn't utterly repulsive. Let's see what I can find."

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#119 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

Thanks for the overwhemling response! Very helpful. :). At the moment. have models picked out for Chloe, Tashia, Xulaye and Hubelpot, which will be the next few portraits. Working example Xulaye

Posted Image

My to do list, which I appended with requests as thanks for all that gruntwork, includes pretty much all new requests made here too. So see you guys in a few days, hopefully with a few new portraits :)

jaheira in. nonmetal (leaf) armour

rhilato the wild mage

bons portrait redo in correct size and colour (new face)

mail Jarno Mikkola about bp1 picture

redo aidan, fading promises

mail cmorgan about sheri the bard

search NWN vault for mage portrait

! not touching Akadia because mod authors are gods of their own universe

new actress for Miriam Michelle Monaghan?

blue eyed ninafer

redo or refind fem orc portrait

Edited by Enkida, 04 February 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#120 Quester

Quester
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

Psst: Click.

Yes, you did.