• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#161 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yay! I love Hubelpot's' new pic!

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#162 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

My $.02, for what it's worth:

Not especially fond of the Chloe one, tbh; I don't think the parts don't really go together all that well. The hair just appears a little too photo-realistic to me and the skin tones on her neck don't quite match with those on her face.

Similar problem with Nalia's hair, plus I'm having a hard time seeing someone who is very much the noble having such seemingly unkempt hair. Perhaps I am in the minority here, but I thought the hair you had on her before was more appropriate and not quite so photo-realistic if I remember correctly.

I've no real complaints about the other new portraits you've shown since my last post, though. Kiyone, Kova, and Tashia are especially nice.

Edit: Cripes, you posted another new portrait as I was writing this post, and it's a good one, too :) .

Edited by Galsic, 07 February 2012 - 03:08 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#163 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Heh heh, the Chloe pic is the first one where I didn't bother to find new hair; that's actually her hair. I just painted in the curls on the bottom. I guess the actress had bad taste? XD More seriously, I think the jarring sense of "what up with that hair" comes from the fact that it's godawful flaming red. I thought about making it look natural, but after looking at the Chloe thread - and seeing that she's supposed to be divine blood and all that - it seems she has fluorescent red hair a-la Fade. I know what you mean, though, it bugs me too. But people apparently want their red haired demi-goddesses in Baldur's Gate... I'll see what I can do to make her neck match tone, however.

Here we go:
Posted Image

on Nalia: I guess I will let people choose, then, and keep both in the pack. I think the long haired Nalia is going to park as the default, though, so if you want short haired in the future release be sure to ask about each portrait, rather than auto-install. Heeere comes another component!

and, thanks for the commentary :-)

I must admit I am rushing through the last three portraits, I want to get this thing done and take a break from portraiting for a while -__-;

#164 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

This is a working piece for that Rhitalo wild mage guy. I'm posting it here because the face comes from Katanaz-stock, but the stock artist just deactivated his or her account about 5 minutes ago so the base image is no longer available. I'm not even sure if it would be permissable to use this image anymore, since the stock rules usage was "sent a note to the artist" which is no longer possible. -__- we will see what happens with this one until then.

and all other portrait artists who photomanip out there: --> it is SO IMPORTANT to get permission to use stock first, and follow their rules, or stuff like this happens! so don't just take and edit, or people like me get floated down **** creek without a paddle! :(

Posted Image

#165 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I just want you to produce the best pack possible. If any comments I make help with that, great :) .

I can't quite pinpoint what bothered me about Chloe's hair; flaming red color wasn't necessarily the only issue, if it was even an issue at all. Still, new Chloe portrait's noticibly better. Really, though, I tried her once, briefly, and will never bother with her again, so I'll just leave it at that. Maybe those more invested in her can make additional suggestions.
(I like parentheses.)

#166 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've played games with Chloe before, and I enjoyed her immensely. The portrait here looks perfect for her and for its own sake :) :new_thumbs:

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#167 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:16 AM

Ninafer from the Undying. You might notice I didn't put a lot of work into this one. That's because her original portrait, a Viconia recolour, was pretty well done. The original request was "make her eyes bluer." Her eyes were plenty blue in the original! If you want a new face, say you want a new face. If you try to float a new portrait request with a contrived fix request, you get a rush job!

Stock image from Bugidifino
Posted Image

#168 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

These portraits are really wonderful, how could I miss them for so long?
It's really a great improvement for all portraits which appear here and there from various mods.

2. Anyone knows what cartoon "Big Picture 1" was screencapped from - or what on Faerun's green earth that character is supposed to be - a skeleton? A warrior? Whut? Please tell me. The only thing I can figure by looking at it is "helmeted male skeleton with a long pole." I've not encountered this NPC in any of my games to date. It is from the "Big Picture" mod.

Perhaps I'm a bit late, but I have a partial answer...
I've never met him, either, but I've investigated a bit on his character sheet.
His file name is BPSKULLY; his name is Skullen Crossbones.
He should be a friend of Horred the Plague, you can probably meet him in Horred's lair, and his race is "demonic", but he uses a skeleton animation (skeleton 0; I can't be sure but he could also be gigantic; his "General" stat is gianthumanoid). So, I guess he's some sort of scheletric daemon.
He is a Warrior-Thief-Mage, wears chainmail and uses a 2-handed sword (not poles or other sorts of quarterstaves).

Tashia. I cut out some of the bugs in the original portrait, because, ...what?

Posted Image

face model also from Isostock

Wonderful, the original portrait was IMO not of the correct style for BG2

PS: sooner or later, I'll have to reorder the portraits from DSotSC. I think some of them will need some revision. Could I ask you for some help, when I do that?

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#169 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

DSotSC was ihe next major mod to include in my future revision to do list - version 3 or 4 or something, so yeah. Good to know I will have your blessings ;-) Just... take your time and only request when you're nearly ready to go with a new release.*

No, really, TAKE YOUR TIME. PLEEEEASE. *begs*. LOL

*Actually thinking about it, send me a PM when you are ready. Keeping the portrait pack size down would be good, so if you want to do a total replace w.out needing this pack as an add on that might be better for everyone. It also might be too much damn work for me though, heh. I have nitpicky standards for portraits, as anyone can tell you. We can discuss privately :-)

#170 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

Minor tone and shadow fixes, and humanized Illasera as a potential option

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Enkida, 08 February 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#171 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Sarah:

Posted Image

Face by Fairiegoodmother, armour by Lagueuse

2minor edits to adjust her hairline a tiny bit

Also I think the Rhitalo guy is left and then I'm done! o__o Alianna as an orc and Akadia won't be touched because I don't like editing mod author portraits. They're like the god of their universe. So they deserve to stay in there. :-)

Wow, we really might have a pre-valentine's day portrait pack expansion release at this rate--

oh wait, the .cre files and coding stuff. DAMN! well, we'll see :-)

Edited by Enkida, 08 February 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#172 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

Neat. :)

Can we get a non-scarred version?

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#173 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

If yu ask theacefes on G3 and get an ok I will do it, but you have to o the asking ;-)

#174 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:23 AM

She bears a resemblance to Alyson Hannigan :)

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#175 Oracle

Oracle

Bad Doggie Werewolf

• 105 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

Excellent work on Chole , and I really Like Ninafer its nice to see her without the Viconia like portrait and makes her feel more unique. Hubelpot, portraits makes him look rather humble which captures the essence of him very well .

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

#176 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Last but not least, Rhilato the wild mage, from Wild Mage additions mod. Sadly Katanaz stock is out of business so there is no linkback on the face model. There is a texture stock in here, though, from Ashensorrow

The first post has been updated with the completed mod images for V2. All that is left now is coding. Hey, if you want it released faster, help me code it together. You know where the PM box is. ;-)

#177 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• 338 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

you know, putting the image in helps! I'm going to sleep XD

Posted Image

#178 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

Very nice portrait, but there is a inconsistent: Rhilato's avatar and stock portrait have different colors to your version. Here is the stock portrait:

Posted Image

Of coruce, you can just change the colors of his avatar with WeiDU, but depends on which colors you think fit him.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#179 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Very nice portrait, but there is a inconsistent: Rhilato's avatar and stock portrait have different colors to your version. Here is the stock portrait:

Of coruce, you can just change the colors of his avatar with WeiDU, but depends on which colors you think fit him.

But...

But why didn't you mention that when you made your request?? Did you just hope that Enkida would match the colours by pure chance? :blink: :Poke:

Edited by Dakk, 09 February 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#180 Dakk

Dakk
  • 398 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

The first post has been updated with the completed mod images for V2.

That's damn fine work! I'm in awe. :Bow: :wub: