• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#141 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Seems like all races are back, elves and dwarves!  Wait and see, though.  :)  Game is still at least a year away.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#142 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm going to grouch a little and say evil stuff:

- The game is too beautiful. Like, really. I'm outright scared. Something must go wrong.

Okay, now seriously evil stuff:

- "player has full control", they say, and show us a cutscene, then another. Joy.

- "player has surprises under every rock", they say, and show us an area with around thirty identical smallish "look, something's hidden underneath!" mounds. Joy.

- around thirty different outfits for the male inquisitor and none for the female. And why so many outfits at all? Seems too expensive, especially since there's probably going to be exactly ONE voice for the (human) inquisitor.

- the player's no longer a lone wolf. He's going to have agents and other boring stuff. I don't know... even Shepard started as just Anderson's officer, and the Warden started as a simple, well, prince or whatever, but still a lone wolf.

- if they're providing the elven inquisitor with a Welsh accent, I propose we send them protest muffins.

#143 Apocrypha

Apocrypha
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:55 AM

Oh, I know what you mean. I really really want to get my hopes up for this game, buuuut after the last few disappointments (okay, so DA2 wasn't bad per se, and ME3 was great except for that stupid ending) I'm honestly too afraid to.

And as for the other evil stuff...

...um...maybe you have to collect the agents? And hey, better too many outfits than too few. I think they DID have outfits for the female inquisitor besides the male one, it's just harder to tell because they're actually averting Chainmail Bikini Syndrome.

Just curious, if you don't want a Welsh accent for the elven inquisitor, what do you want? French?

(looks back over post) Wow, usually I'm the pessimistic one.

#144 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

I guess I don't want a strong accent for my main character. I think I'm going to want to *be* my character, and an accent will put me off. I just want a nice voice. Accents... I think French accents worked nicely for the purposes of Mask of the Assassins, but I'm not sure what will come to be in the actual game, since parts of it are going to be happening far away from Orlais, as I understand. But that's for NPCs.

#145 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:17 AM

No outfits for the female inquisitors, they'll be naked. It's part of BioWare's campaign to win back male gamers who didn't like their rainbow support. :rolleyes:

#146 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm all for that! And half-naked outfits, too! I love Diablo 3's female wizard and demon huntress, they are very, very sexy.

#147 Archmage Silver

Archmage Silver

Master of The Art

• 6654 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:32 AM

The Demon Huntress has to be pretty agile, running around in those high heels. I wonder if DA3 will have something similar. Maybe you need to hit awesome button (patent pending) to keep the female inquisitor from tipping over while running.

#148 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Well, I have to say that does look interesting - and it's definately a better take for new players than forcing you to accept some arbitrary decision on the part of the developers.

-Y-

#149 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Well, I have to say that does look interesting - and it's definately a better take for new players than forcing you to accept some arbitrary decision on the part of the developers.
That might still be the case regardless, but I agree that it seems like a step in the right direction.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#150 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Did some major clean up in the Inquisition News thread and moved comments (including the last two by Daulmakan and Yovaneth) back here.  :)  Let's play nice and placate E's OCD tendencies, okay?  :D

Also, signed up for that beta so fast, it would've made your head spin.  ;)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#151 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:34 PM

Let us know how cool(or not) it is. :)

#152 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

Signed up does not mean "in", unfortunately!!!  :(  Still waiting on the Elder Scrolls Online beta invite...  Also, odds are that if you read the fine print, they'll make you sign a NDA.  ;)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#153 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

So all the videos released so far lacked cheese, have developers act normal, no catch phrases, lack blood spatter everywhere and show compelling game-play.

If they keep this up, I might actually be convinced someone at EA/Bioware learned something from their last 2 products.

#154 Apocrypha

Apocrypha
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

So all the videos released so far lacked cheese, have developers act normal, no catch phrases, lack blood spatter everywhere and show compelling game-play.

If they keep this up, I might actually be convinced someone at EA/Bioware learned something from their last 2 products.

They also have Qunari as playable races, apparently 0.o Not sure how that's going to work out, what with their whole "for the Qun" attitude, but it'll be interesting, to say the least. But the videos do look promising--I like their new tactical camera.

Also, what's up with that book that one mage was using?

#155 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Well, they can always got with the outcast Qunari, they don't have to go with the Qun.  Sten said that true Qunari women never left their homeland, but there will be playable female Qunari, so has to be Tal Vasoth.

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#156 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

BioWare releasing character designs for Dragon Age: Inquisition @ Polygon
I think someone went a little overboard on the Polygon with their news title... it's character art design kits ... not character designs(aka design documents). :clap:

Edited by The Imp, 05 February 2014 - 07:01 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#157 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hey, don't look at me, just postin' it as I see it.  ;)

RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#158 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

Hey, don't look at me, just postin' it as I see it. ;)
It was not you that titled the news post in the Polygon... so it's not your fault. entirely

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#159 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:52 AM

Okay, this is news to me:

http://www.gameranx....tails-revealed/

Dragon Age 3: Inquisition is coming Q3 2014 to Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.

What? Like, WHAT? There'll be no DA3: I for PC? For computers? For normal people?

#160 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Okay, this is news to ..

What? Like, WHAT? There'll be no DA3: I for PC? For computers? For normal people?

It may come a little later for PC, like a few days, but it's certain to come, Wikipedia note, platforms: "Microsoft Windows..." Or if you think this would be more reliable source. "The game is set to be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC."

Edited by The Imp, 26 March 2014 - 09:29 AM.