Updates for BWP-Installpack and BP-Balancer

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have corrected some small issues that had been reported with my Install.bat and my Clean-Up file.
Also there is a very small update for the BP-Balancer.
Both I attach here because the SHS upload function does not work for a long time.

Attached Files

#2 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for your announcement, but I think that you can correct your grammer a little: "does" -> "did", "had" -> "have", "I attach" -> "I attached". (Don't take this as rude, I'm just trying to help you)

Also, has my revised GOG.com check been included yet? I made a new version of it...
EDIT: Took a really quick look and the answer is no. Please include it in the next release of the installpack.

Link for 11.1 version is here. Please look at :TP1CHECK in this version.

Edited by William Imm, 24 June 2012 - 07:21 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#3 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:01 AM

Did you remove the lines that replace SoBH quest-relevant items in BP-Balancer? http://www.shsforums...post__p__542814
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#4 dmxdex

dmxdex
  • 309 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

Quick grammar corrections: "does" -> "did", "had" -> "have", "I attach" -> "I attached"

Also, has my revised GOG.com check been included yet? I made a new version of it...
EDIT: Took a really quick look and the answer is no. Please include it in the next release of the installpack.

Link for 11.1 version is here. Please look at :TP1CHECK in this version.

Stop being petty. You know what he meant no need to be a posh idiot.

#5 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hey look, when I see bad grammar, I see it as jarring.

Edited by William Imm, 23 June 2012 - 10:11 AM.

At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#6 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Leonardo Watson is german - I suggest you to speak to him in german, and we'll see if you don't make mistakes.

Edited by Graoumf, 23 June 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#7 -Casper-

-Casper-

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

@William Imm
Why are you being like that? First, who really cares how he (or you) spells on here? Secondly, you are being very disrespectful to Leonardo. I mean he is the *founder* of the BWP. All this work was started by him, for no profit at all, and he provides us these updates on his own spare time. Complaining to him would be incredibly stupid. And stop making demands that he should include this or that. Were I him, I would not include your file simply out of principle, when you ask like that.

@Leonardo
Thank you for the updates you have done in the recent week. It's much appreciated :)

#8 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

I was really trying to point out some corrections in grammer that could be used in the future. I didn't see it as disrespectful at the time, I saw it as helpful.

#9 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

Never judge another person's spelling, lest you want yours judged as well. Meaning, that you'd better take a good look at your repeated use of grammer and resurected instead of grammar and resurrected.

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#10 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

I wasn't judging him by his grammar, I was politely reminding him about what he can fix in the sentience so that he does not have to be judged by anyone on his grammar.
That is completely different from judging someone on his grammar.

EDIT: And 10th, it sounded like you were judging me on my grammar.

Edited by William Imm, 23 June 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#11 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Even if your intention was meant to be polite, it does not sound that way if you don't add any context. It's just misleading.
(For instance, I picked it up completely wrong and checked the strings in the English Installpack for those errors.)
Also adding something like "Just for future reference..." or "If I may note for your next post..." and nobody will read any bad/harsh meaning in it.

And If you like to discuss that issue further, could you guys use other methods than this public threat?
Thank you.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

The BWPLinkliste links to some old mod versions when newer packages are available :cheers:

Freedom's Reign-Reign of Virtue (linked to v7.1 even though it says v7.2)
OLD: v7.1
NEW: v7.2 (adds Italian translate)

PlanarsphereMod
OLD: v2.6c
NEW: v2.6e (adds Russian translate as well as almost all the fixes from the BWPFixpack - BWPTrimpack still needed)

Edited by Lollorian, 23 June 2012 - 06:32 PM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#13 mr fantastic

mr fantastic
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

I wasn't judging him by his grammar, I was politely reminding him about what he can fix in the sentience so that he does not have to be judged by anyone on his grammar.
That is completely different from judging someone on his grammar.

EDIT: And 10th, it sounded like you were judging me on my grammar.

Stop trying to be a smartass mate. Nobody is going to judge Leo here apart from you it seems. Think before you post something because you sometimes sound like a child with some emotional problems in private life. Sorry someone had to say that .

And thanks for your work Leo :) Haven't been here for a while but it's great to see that you still looking after your baby. Thank you :new_thumbs:
I wanted infravison like the elves...But 'tis more than just taking their eyes

-Xzar

#14 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

I am NOT gonna gang up on a certain new-ish member here (would luv too, but this thread might get closed :P ), but I will say this...

In the six(?) plus years I've been a member, I've never read of anyone's grammar being corrected. I'm sure it has happened--I just don't remember it happening.

To have a prominent member being critiqued on something so petty... :WTF:

So my view is, there's no room here on these forums for grammar-fanatics.

Sorry for going off-topic, please continue with your regularly scheduled programming...

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#15 -Random BG Player-

-Random BG Player-

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Yeah Leonardo Watson and the BWP team have done an excellent job, what is now 5-6 years since the original BWP release and still going strong. Now if somebody can find King Diamond, Erebusant, Hoppy, Leomar, White Agnus, SimDingo, Weimer, JCompton, CamDawg, and so many others and get them modding again (one can hope).

#16 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Some things of note for the latest BWPFixpack v11.1.2 linked here :cheers:

- DSotSC patches have been made for DSotSC v2.1.5 as the base while the latest DSotSC is v2.1.6
- BP-Balancer got an update that didn't include all of the patches in the BWPFixpack... Now those patches are gone as well :( (the patch prevented 0XP creatures) There is also this patch that prevents it from removing quest items in SoBH :unsure:
- BiG World Fixpack\planarspheremod\_rename should be deleted because it already copies the fixed (and renamed) file (psglobe5.baf)
- BiG World Fixpack\TheUndying\SETUP-TheUndying.tp2.patch should change the VERSION to v2.10 (instead of the v2.06 it does right now)
- BiG World Fixpack\BG1NPCSoA\_copy\7XXAN.d is needlessly copied when it can be patched :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#17 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

- About DSotSC, the tp2 patch is useless on a 2.16 version. The 3 other files are fine and fix v2.16 stuff (2 items and 1 script).
- I'm also wondering what happened with BP-Balancer.
- I'll trust Lol on the rest

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#18 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:28 AM

There are some mods that are installed with BGT only, namely ItemRev (0 1) , BDToBv168 (6), NEJ2v68/691 and its patch 694 and TS.
I guess you could say that most guys will install BGT, but just for reference...

Also NEJv42/602 and TS-BP are available as BG2 Only and the readme of the later versions state that only a few minor components would require BGT.
I also noted that TS and TS-BP installs only if the other does not exist (Nitpicking again)

(I might have missed a patch that makes the mods require BGT or something.)
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

PlanarSphereMod's patches have been made with v26c of the mod as a base :P While v26e is out :lol:

#20 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

What's changed from 26c to 26e besides the russian translation?