Can we rename this forum please?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Something like "B(ig) W(orld) P(roject) & Mega Mod Help" to avoid countless new threads in BP and BGT forums about issues unrelevant to the mod in question, please?

More visibility for everyone involved! :cheers:
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#2 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I'll back you on that one.

A name change to BWP & Mega Mod Help would be useful.

(Hmmm... wishing it and doing it are two different things. We need more thumbs up below... :ermm: )

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'll absolutely consider it if there's enough interest!

#4 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm sure Ascension64 and Miloch are interested at least :whistling:
Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#5 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

K'aeloree has got our backs! Yay! :cheers:

So thats 5 wanting a name change... (Although maybe a post to confirm from Miloch and Ascension64 would be safer than assuming!)

Come on guys put your positive posts for that useful name change. A simple yay will do! (or nay :crying: if you don't want the change)

#6 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

I agree with the change. It would be a huge moral boost for the BWP team also to continue their great work.

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

My vote's Undecided... I think the forums should be separate. I've always thought BWP should have its own forum.

Sure it means having to have more active moderating, but I think both camps have earned the investment.

Edited by Azazello, 17 July 2012 - 12:21 PM.

"I gladly simp for jastey" -- Aza
==========================================================
"You ever notice that "What the hell?!" is the answer to just about everything?"
==========================================================

"Girls are like phones, they like to be held and talked too, but if you press the wrong button, you will be disconnected!" DJ Nikodemus
================================================================
Community Contributions
* Level 1 NPCs * gMinion: expanded TP2 for MegaInstalls * PSM (PSQM): expanded scripts for Melanthium * Shar Nadal (DSotSC-BGT) revision * non-detectable Cloak of Non-Detection ?? * Weimer's-Tactics: revised TP2 for MegaInstalls * a directory of Mega-Installation Guides *

#8 maximus2001

maximus2001
  • 525 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

Well considering that most of the posts are BWP related, I'd go with the name change. It is rare now to see someone trying a manual install of a megamod.

People have always confused BWP, BP, BGT and post in the other forums when chances are they are using BWP to install, or at least the pdf guide. Or the current BWP thread becomes 20 pages long when lots of people post their install problems.

Edited by maximus2001, 17 July 2012 - 07:32 PM.

#9 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Perhaps we can take another approach...

Consider a separate forum for BWP, which really focuses on the install method and its related tools and discussions;

and a separate forum, perhaps still called 'Mega Mod Help', into which are moved the current forums for BP, CtB, RoT and finally SoS. This would also allow players to still post about issues non-BWP related (at least directly).

BGT remains separate, as it has very active support. So to separate, Infinity Animation and Worldmap.

All of these would still be under the 'Mega Modifications' group.

Edited by Azazello, 18 July 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#10 Anduin Shadow Mantle

Anduin Shadow Mantle
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

Keep the ideas coming Azazello! :clap:

However start small then build up.

I think one simple name change is possible. Will not require lots of effort. Will not require possible forum downtime.

Major forum updates happen from time to time. A seperate BWP forum in the future is a good idea but just think of all the old threads that would need to be sorted and put into headings etc... A possible brian ache to whoever is tasked with it.

Keep coming with the yays :lol2: (or nays :crying: ) please.

#11 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

I don't mind.

#12 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

I support the change.

#13 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

Agree with Azazello. BWP forum must be separated from MegaMod.

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#14 William Imm

William Imm

Obsessive Penguin Lover

• 486 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I also agree with Azazello. Separate the two forms - one for just the BWP, the other for general mega-mod help. While you are at it, sticky Shadowtek's guide - it was helpful for a ton of people.
At this point, I'm not really doing much Baldur's Gate related. More focused on Skyrim modding and the Born of Legend tabletop roleplaying game. Don't expect much activity here.

#15 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

hey, this is really gaining steam!

I recognize that for moderators, a name-change is the simplest and quickest forum change they can make. I would not offer suggestions that I myself wouldn't be willing to do. Since this discussion seems to be leading into abit of forum-cleanup, I want to revise my proposal slightly:

- I still think that BWP should have its own forum;

-- CtB and SoS should go into the Quests Mods forum (RoT is already there)

- check this radical idea: TDD, TS, NeJ get their own subforums! under Quests Mods
heehee, well, this is just an idea--even I do not recommend it

-- BP could stay in MegaMod

The reason they're in MegaMod forum is that, in the early days of post-BP (as THE megamod method), they were considered intrinsic to the megamodding process.

Since then, they've become standalone mods in their own right. Also, I think they've matured enough to get promoted as standalone mods.

<More ideas to come later>

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

I'm not sure I would consider making a BWP-only forum here on SHS because the BWP has its own forum already.

#17 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

If you think that you need people to recognize the forum, why not just update the description to something like "BiG World or at least two megamod-installations go here...". Or create a link in the overview if you think people will not find that either.
Personally I don't really care about that label because changing it would not improve the content/support/advice/whatever you expect you could find here.
Also people should be able to find this if they got the download from here or are able to use some search machine and look for BiG World or something similar.

And since you are talking about another sticky, is it possible to hide them somehow with the help of ad-blockers or something?
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#18 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

I support the change. As most posts are related to BWP installs, it seems intuitive that the name of the forum reflect the theme the majority of its threads relate to.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

YAY :cheers:

Edited by Lollorian, 18 August 2012 - 06:10 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#20 -Hurricane-

-Hurricane-
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

I'm voting 'Yay' as well. :)