• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#201 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 AM

Run the mod's installer and tell it to uninstall that component.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#202 -SaMxx95-

-SaMxx95-

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

i can't.....the "GUI" is installed alone

#203 -iressivor-

-iressivor-

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm using 1pp for the first time and found it quite refreshing. However, I seem to have a problem concerning helmets and their animation. I've installed 1ppv4 option (which is a default, too) concidering I liked these the best, but the characters that have certain helmets always flicker when they turn in a certain direction (I think it was to the left, if the character stood face towards me). Other helmets don't have such problem, only those depicted in the Additional Helmet Animation content, and one of those are Helm of Balduran and Helm of Infravision. When I uninstalled Additional Helmets Animations, everything was fine, the characters did not lose half of their body from time to time, having only their heads with helmets on hover above the legs, except that the helmets now looked like those from 1ppv2, which is something I liked the least. Everything else concidering armor and shields is fine for now (all the options I chose while installing these are those by default, namely 1ppv4, because those suit me the most)

Anyway, I had to uninstal everything concerning Core Content Patches and Core updates and item patches, because, well, although as I said everything save for helmets looked fine, I could not stand looking at the 1ppv2 version of the helmets. Oh, and I also tried installing Faux helmes and Baldur's Gate II based (the other two options), but as long as I had Additional Helmets Animations there, the abovementioned problem kept occuring. Though it didn't do anything to the game itself, but it was too annoying and I had no idea if that's going to create additional problems for the game after all in the future.

I can confirm this in my game as well, not only with helmet animations but with Legacy Shields too.

#204 Anna Skydrac

Anna Skydrac
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'm using 1pp for the first time and found it quite refreshing. However, I seem to have a problem concerning helmets and their animation. I've installed 1ppv4 option (which is a default, too) concidering I liked these the best, but the characters that have certain helmets always flicker when they turn in a certain direction (I think it was to the left, if the character stood face towards me). Other helmets don't have such problem, only those depicted in the Additional Helmet Animation content, and one of those are Helm of Balduran and Helm of Infravision. When I uninstalled Additional Helmets Animations, everything was fine, the characters did not lose half of their body from time to time, having only their heads with helmets on hover above the legs, except that the helmets now looked like those from 1ppv2, which is something I liked the least. Everything else concidering armor and shields is fine for now (all the options I chose while installing these are those by default, namely 1ppv4, because those suit me the most)

Anyway, I had to uninstal everything concerning Core Content Patches and Core updates and item patches, because, well, although as I said everything save for helmets looked fine, I could not stand looking at the 1ppv2 version of the helmets. Oh, and I also tried installing Faux helmes and Baldur's Gate II based (the other two options), but as long as I had Additional Helmets Animations there, the abovementioned problem kept occuring. Though it didn't do anything to the game itself, but it was too annoying and I had no idea if that's going to create additional problems for the game after all in the future.

I can confirm this in my game as well, not only with helmet animations but with Legacy Shields too.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, but they just sort of cut into the paper doll when the character is standing still and looking around, but it doesn't bother me as much as the helmets' problem. Still, I said "what the hell" and played the game anyway. I guess half way through it, I got used to all that annoying stuff, because I can't play BG2 without 1pp paperdolls anymore nor without anything else it provides.

However, there was a major thing that made the game crash. I don't know if it happened to anyone else, or if there's another thread for this problem specifically, but here's the deal. The one thing I was really looking forward to were improved looks of the Planetars and Elementals, but the game crashes each time I (or rather my mage/priest/whoever) tries to summon a Diva. The first time it happened was when I was going through Firkraag's dungeon and when a Fire Elemental guarding the treasure of King Strohm is supposed to spawn. I suppose that's the problem, when they're spawning. It took me too much time to see it it was any other mod causing this, but sadly no. So, I had to uninstal this option and continue the game without it.

#205 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

We can just hope Erephine comes back and addresses these critical issues with the helmets and shields animation, fixes the crashes with summoning Deva, Animate Dead and those wrong effects for a few new items.

#206 weewuh

weewuh
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

How can I configure my install so it doesn't add any items? In all the parts where it asks you if you want to scatter items throughout the game, I said no, and yet I still just found Viper's Edge+2.

#207 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

i can't.....the "GUI" is installed alone

In that case, you might need to manually copy the files you want into your override folder.

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?

#208 Elluyne

Elluyne
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Amazing mod!

But the file 1ppv4.1.0 is corrupted, I think :/

--

Oops, I'm sorry, now I saw the link to report corrupted files

Then, again, amazing mod :)

Edited by Elluyne, 20 May 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#209 rustyshakleford

rustyshakleford
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Amazing mod!

--

Is it really corrupted?  Is there a link to an uncorrupted file?  Also, when I install it, I always get this bug http://imgur.com/PLU5xkn,UJpyf7p

#210 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:13 AM

Also, when I install it, I always get this bug PLU5xkn.jpg
That's cause you installed a GUI mod after the Widescreen mod... uninstall the widescreen modm, the insall the GUI mod and then install the Widescreen mod on top of that.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#211 rustyshakleford

rustyshakleford
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

That's cause you installed a GUI mod after the Widescreen mod... uninstall the widescreen modm, the insall the GUI mod and then install the Widescreen mod on top of that.

Thank you I will try that, but also, whenever I try to unistall the widescreen mod, it looks like it goes through every mod, unistalls them and then goes back and reinstalls them.

#212 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thank you I will try that, but also, whenever I try to unistall the widescreen mod, it looks like it goes through every mod, unistalls them and then goes back and reinstalls them.

That is the normal procedure when reinstalling a mod that's somewhere in the stack. Every mod installed after the one you're working with needs to be "peeled back" (restoring the files that those mods changed) to get to the right place. Then, WeiDU reinstalls the mod you want, and finally it reinstalls everything after that mod, so you don't have to re-install everything manually. As it does this, pay attention to whether or not all the mods get installed successfully, or if there are any errors.

#213 rustyshakleford

rustyshakleford
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

That is the normal procedure when reinstalling a mod that's somewhere in the stack. Every mod installed after the one you're working with needs to be "peeled back" (restoring the files that those mods changed) to get to the right place. Then, WeiDU reinstalls the mod you want, and finally it reinstalls everything after that mod, so you don't have to re-install everything manually. As it does this, pay attention to whether or not all the mods get installed successfully, or if there are any errors.

Ok, so I will go back and uninstal widescreen and install 1pp then install widescreen again.  That sounds good?  Also, when instaling the mods, there were no errors.

#214 -rusty shakleford-

-rusty shakleford-

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

It works now, but I am now getting MASSIVE slowdowns.

#215 Mandark

Mandark
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

It works now, but I am now getting MASSIVE slowdowns.

Have you tried the solution mentioned two pages back...?

HA HaHa Ha HaHa Ha,
HA HaHa Ha HaHa Ha,
HAHA HA.

#216 RavenBlack

RavenBlack

Proofreading Ninja

• 75 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Amazing mod!

--

The corruption might have been on your end, since this just downloaded and unpacked perfectly fine for me.

#217 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

First Erephine's high quality music mod was reported for being "corrupted", and now this? :/ Both work fine...

#218 -Incantatar-

-Incantatar-

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

Which is the latest bugfree version of the mod?

#219 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:46 AM

Which is the latest bugfree version of the mod?

This one. Just remember to install the Widescreen mod after, not before. And take note that the IR and SR are not quite up to date and thus your choice of install order effects the end result.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#220 Broderic

Broderic
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:08 AM

I am attempting a megamod installation with big world project... it just cant install 1pp v4.10 any suggestions ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: are, you, excited, looking, like, fool, 500, release, candidates