Problem Installing BGT-WeiDU 1.15 [Updated]

Problem Install %WARN% ERROR Integer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

I am using Windows 7 - 64bits. I have installed both Baldur's Gate game with their expansion, aswell as patched BG1 to US5512 and BG2 to 26498.

So here's what I did.

1. Installed Baldur's Gate in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate
2. Installed Baldur's Gate : Tales of the Sword Coast in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate
3. Installed Baldur's Gate 2 : Shadows of Amn in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
4. Installed Baldur's Gate 2 : Throne of Bhaal in C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
5. Downloaded and installed the patch "US5512" for Baldur's Gate 1.
6. Downloaded and installed the patch "26495" for Baldur's Gate 2 : Throne of Bhaal.
7. Downloaded and Unzipped "BGT-WeiDU 1.15" inside C:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA
8. Launched it, selected, No for readme, I to install, Y to the correct default directory.

However, I always receive an error during the "Implrementing Experience Patch" section of the install.

Here's the area where it fails:

===========================================================================================

Implementing experience patch...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [bgmain.exe]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core], rolling back to previous state
===========================================================================================

I've also attached the whole Setup-BGT.DEBUG to the topic.

Thanks in advance,

LordAzuRa

Update: Re-installed both game without the FixPack. Now, the error states "error loading [bgmain.exe]" instead of "ERROR: cannot convert warn or %warn% to an integer"

Attached Files

Edited by lordazura, 06 August 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:23 PM

Is another program locking the EXE, or UAC preventing its modification?
Turn of anti-virus and other background scanning software, and see if that helps things.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#3 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Tried after a fresh restart and a fresh installation. I have no image mounted in virtual drives and my Anti-Virus is already disabled. Also tried to run setup-bgt.exe "As Administrator".

PS: Is it normal that my BGMain.exe and BGMain2.exe file in my Baldur's Gate folder have an old windows Icon and that I cannot run them?
When double clicking the GBMain.exe file, I receive the following message:

Assertion:
An Asswertion failed in D:\Dec\chitin\ChDimm.cpp at line number 581
Programmer says: Unable to Open BIF:data\SFXSound.bif

Is that a normal behaviour for this file? If not, if there somewhere I can get both BGmain files from someone?

PPS: Thanks in advance :)

LordAzuRa

Edited by lordazura, 06 August 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#4 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Be sure to install both BG1 and BG2 outside the Program Files directories (I use C:\Games). Older games have problems working correctly in that folder.

#5 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Be sure to install both BG1 and BG2 outside the Program Files directories (I use C:\Games). Older games have problems working correctly in that folder.

I've recently tried with my Baldur's Gate in C:\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate. However, I had noticed that I had mistakenly re-instal my BG2 is still in the Program Files folder. What I did was to copy and paste all the files from my Baldur's Gate 2 folder in my Program Files to add it in the C:\Black Isle. Do you believe it could have created a conflict?

PS: I'll take a try at uninstalling it and installing it out of the Program files.

Thanks,

LordAzuRa

#6 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

Looks like everything is installing itself properly after I've uninstalled and re-installed Baldur's Gate 2 outside the Program Files.

Note: Maybe it would be necessary to edit the Read-Me to include that? Or make a post about it in troubleshot or somethign like it ;)

Setup is still ongoing, I'll replay to this topic is something happens before the end of the installation.

#7 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:22 AM

The aim is for BGT to install into whatever folder you want it to be in. I have tested installs on my own system where I have specified a folder like "C:\!@#$%^&()_+-=ABC 123\" and it installs properly.
I would like to find out exactly the problem is here. I am not sure whether there is something within Win7 64-bit that is the issue here. With the standard BG2 install on your OS, do all the files install to the same directory?

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#8 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

The aim is for BGT to install into whatever folder you want it to be in. I have tested installs on my own system where I have specified a folder like "C:\!@#$%^&()_+-=ABC 123\" and it installs properly.
I would like to find out exactly the problem is here. I am not sure whether there is something within Win7 64-bit that is the issue here. With the standard BG2 install on your OS, do all the files install to the same directory?

Yes they do. I have made sure that not a single files were missing after installing them in the default directory (Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\). On three different uninstall/install attempt, there was always an error when implementing the Experience Patch.
Please note that running the setup another time (after the first failure) resulted in the following error instead of the one mentioned in the original post:
ERROR: cannot convert warn or %warn% to an integer

Then, the error stayed the same until I do a fresh install. (Tried by deleting all the setup file without success).

Note that I also made sure to do a full custom install for BG1 as well as a full install for BG2 before each attempt.

Edited by lordazura, 07 August 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#9 -i30817-

-i30817-

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

On 64-bit versions of Windows, there are two folders for application files; the "ProgramFiles" folder contains 64-bit programs, and the "ProgramFiles(x86)" folder (called \Program Files (x86) on US-English systems) contains 32-bit programs. On Windows NT-based operating systems (NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, etc.), the Program Files folders are protected, meaning that only Administrators can change their contents; while this is a more secure solution, it means that programs which were accustomed to running as administrator and creating logs or other files in the folder containing the application cannot do so when the user is not an administrator, which is increasingly common.

User Account Control (UAC) is a technology and security infrastructure introduced with Microsoft's Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 operating systems, with a more relaxed[1] version also present in Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. It aims to improve the security of Microsoft Windows by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation. In this way, only applications trusted by the user may receive administrative privileges, and malware should be kept from compromising the operating system. In other words, a user account may have administrator privileges assigned to it, but applications that the user runs do not inherit those privileges unless they are approved beforehand or the user explicitly authorizes it.

#10 lordazura

lordazura
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

I am the only administrator of my computer. Furthermore, I've disabled any window's registry/file scanning. Henceforth, I never need to do "Run as Administrator", so it can't be the case.

#11 -i30817-

-i30817-

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

UAC doesn't care if you are administator, that's the whole point:
by limiting application software to standard user privileges until an administrator authorizes an increase or elevation.

#12 Bellatrix

Bellatrix
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

Hi to all!
I also have a problem of installation, this is what i did:
- a clear installation of BG1 and BG2 (patched 5512 and 26498) in this folders
D:\programmi\black isle\Baldur's Gate\
D:\Programmi\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\
- no mega-mod installed
- turn off antivirus and user account control
- run setup-bgt with flagged "run as administrator"

during the conversion of tilesets (after the correct processing of 4 areas) I receive this message:

Error : Cannot map input area WED file

Could be a solvable problem?

Thanks in advance,
Bellatrix

In attached there's my Setup-BGT.DEBUG

Attached Files

#13 hook71

hook71
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Could be a solvable problem?

Ascension64 is trying to debug the problem in this thread.

#14 -wunder-

-wunder-

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi Lord. I think you have to download the Baldurs Gate 2 Fixpack after the TOB patch and then the WeiDU.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hi Lord. I think you have to download the Baldurs Gate 2 Fixpack after the TOB patch and then the WeiDU.

No, this is not necessary. It is recommended only.

--------------
Retired Modder

#16 -SSNemesis-

-SSNemesis-

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hy all!
I have the same problem..is it solved yet?

#17 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Hy all!
I have the same problem..is it solved yet?

Which... this is exactly why you need to start your own thread and give a lot of info !!!!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#18 -SSNemesis-

-SSNemesis-

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

hmm..i think i made it..i used this patch: bg totsc patch v 1.3.5521 UK

#19 -SSNemesis-

-SSNemesis-

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

when i sad the same, i meant like lordazura..sorry

#20 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

when i sad the same, i meant like lordazura..sorry

Ah, you have the common Windows problem.

Had you actually read this thread, you would have known:

Looks like everything is installing itself properly after I've uninstalled and re-installed Baldur's Gate 2 outside the Program Files.

<_<

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 30 September 2012 - 12:04 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Problem, Install, %WARN%, ERROR, Integer