Bug & Typo Reports

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

If you find any, please post them here. =)

#2 Myzandria

Myzandria
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Ooh, I actually found an odd little occurence. I was in the Promenade - in the Den of the Seven Vales, I believe - and as I clicked Adrian to talk to him, instead of the usual PID, he repeated the first comments that he utters when the Cowled Wizards make off with Imoen and Irenicus ("Dammit! So many wizards and not a brain between them!" etc). And I'm pretty far into the romance, lol. Good fun overall, but I had dragged him into the tavern for some purpose other than hearing about the brainless wizards, really, cough cough :P

The usual PID reappeared when I left the Promenade, though.

(And I hope it's not my install having gone koo-koo on me again @_@")

Edited by Myzandria, 21 August 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#3 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

No, I don't think that's your installations this time, haha. Do you remember if you had Jaheira around when you first left the dungeon? If not, then there's a variable there that's not quite setting properly. If there's more going on there, though, I'll need to take a closer look at it.

#4 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

Me again. So I went ahead and restored a clean backup of the entire game, installed just a few mods including the newest version of Adrian, and started a new game.

Guess what? I'm still getting the Anomen commitment bug. :WTF: In case you don't remember, despite my turning Anomen down in previous dialogues and killing his romance, he still gives me the lovetalk that forces his romance to commit. Adrian's romance variable then goes to 3. I've tried to manually set Anomen's romance variable to 0, but it didn't work. The dialogue still fired. I kicked him out, committed to Adrian,got him back, and the dialogue fired shortly after he re-joined...

:crying: Any advice?
"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#5 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Yeah, I remember that. I'll have to talk to K'aeloree about that, since I think we both missed your update to say that sabotaging Anomen's romance manually with CLUAConsole: SetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS",100) didn't work... you could go back and try that again, but in light of it not having worked before, I'm pretty sure that whatever's going on, the problem is with Anomen rather than Adrian.

Could you post your WeiDU log? Also, if you could go to your BGII override folder and send me a copy of BANOMEN.dlg and Anomen.bcs, I could try to figure out what's going wrong there.

In the meantime, try to manually set Adrian's variable back to 1 (or 2, if that's where it was) and Anomen's back to 3 after Anomen commits and hopefully you'll be able to continue on. If he tosses that dialogue at you again anyway, you'll probably have to cut out a bit of scripting out of Adrian's .baf file to allow for multi-romancing.

#6 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

My WeiDU log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1000 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update -> GTU Light (by Wisp): v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #106 // Giants Receive Penalties When Attacking Halflings, Dwarves, and Gnomes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #112 // Wizard Slayers Cause Miscast Magic on Ranged Attacks: v9.01
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: v9.01
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.6
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie, Anomen, Jaheira and Viconia React to Romantic Encounters
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Storms and Lightning, by berelinde (Weathermistress Ada, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aimi's Magic, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Anishai's Deft Hands, by cmorgan
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Bjornin's Desire, by jastey (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Bodhi's Allure, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #8 // The Gambling Cambion, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #10 // A Night with Coran, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Cyric's Test, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #12 // A Tryst with a Pirate Lord, by Kulyok (Desharik, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #13 // A Lonely Dryad, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edwin's Softer Side, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Eldoth' Exploits, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Gaelan's Contract, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #19 // A Walk with Garren Windspear, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Hendak's Heart, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #22 // Ilona, a Merchant's Daughter, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #23 // Jarlaxle's Fascinations, by Catseye
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #24 // A Night with Lais in Imnesvale, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Laran's Promise, by berelinde (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #27 // Mekrath and Nymphology, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #28 // Mira's Special Stock, by berelinde
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #29 // Noober Returns, by cmorgan
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #30 // Rebecca the Gypsy, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #31 // Renal Bloodscalp: A Dangerous Affair, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #32 // Old Ribald's Speciality, by Evaine Dian
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #34 // Saemon, a Pirate, by Kulyok (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #35 // Dreaming of Sendai, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #36 // Sheri the Bardess, by cmorgan (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #37 // Solaufein in the Lust Chambers, by jastey
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #38 // Phaere's Reward, by berelinde (Talak, pleasure slave, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #39 // Spell Research with Teos, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #40 // A fling with Yoshimo, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #41 // Isabelle's Fears, by gertjanvh (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #42 // Anne's Rescue, by gertjanvh (adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #43 // The Queen, by Domi
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #44 // Valygar Romance, by Kulyok
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #45 // Rehearsal with Chandra, by Western Paladin
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #46 // Goldander Blackenrock: After a Party, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #47 // A Chat with Viekang, by magrat
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #48 // Bravery or Folly? by Aeryn (Sarevok, adult content)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #49 // Blame the Moon, by Aeryn (Cernd)
~RE/SETUP-RE.TP2~ #0 #50 // Cernick's Confession, by Cal Jones
~ADRIAN/SETUP-ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adrian for BGII: 1.0
~ADRIAN/SETUP-ADRIAN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install alternate class for Adrian? -> Change Adrian's class to Mage/Thief: 1.0
~HAERDALISROMANCE/HAERDALISROMANCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Haer'Dalis Romance (SoA): v1

I've attached the other two files below. I think for this play-through, I'm just going to try kicking the annoying twit out of the party permanently before he initiates the dialogue. I think I've seen all his content with Adrian anyway... I'll keep the savegame though, in case you come up with a solution that you need me to test. ^_^

Attached Files

"What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison

#7 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:13 PM

Hmm. Yeah, it doesn't look like the issue is another mod. Part of the problem might be that there's a window within Anomen's scripting where it doesn't check for romance variables at all, though the romance conflict should kick in well before that happens.

If you set "AnomenMatch" to 2, it should finally cut off that dialogue, since that's what's actually being checked for there. Of course, setting his local lovetalk variable to 100 should have done so as well, but it could be that something went wrong when you tried that earlier. It should be impossible for the dialogue to run if "AnomenMatch" is at 2 (or any number except 1), so at least we can make sure there isn't something really bizarre going on in your game itself.

I'm inclined to think that your copy of BGII is just being weirdly quirky about this, so if anyone else runs into this, please, please, please let me know. :)

#8 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

Yay! Setting the AnomenMatch variable to 2 worked like a charm! I didn't have to kick him out after all. Thanks for your help, Rhaella! :hug:

#9 Agashi

Agashi
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Found a typo: Adrian's LT beginning with the conversation about Charname expecting everyone to fall down and worship her.
"I don't think I even realized it until I hit rock bottom..... hells, I'd been a slave long before long before the Malvauntians clapped me in chains.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but in the flirt response to the option "Play with his hair," that starts with Adrian sitting studying a book while the party rests cuts off after the first block. There is no mention of trying to play with his hair, so it seems like there should be more to this, maybe...

#10 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Merci bien!

Yeah, there was supposed to be more there, but a bit of linking code was missing. It (along with the other couple of issues) will be fixed for the next version. =)

#11 Myzandria

Myzandria
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

No, I don't think that's your installations this time, haha. Do you remember if you had Jaheira around when you first left the dungeon? If not, then there's a variable there that's not quite setting properly. If there's more going on there, though, I'll need to take a closer look at it.

*Phew!* :lol2: But actually, no, she wasn't there, I kicked her out long before escaping the dungeon. Picked her up later, though, for the Harper Hold encounter, if that's relevant :whistling:

#12 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

Unless she was in your party at the time that the bug popped up and the comment stuck around anyway, no, it wouldn't matter. The bug would still show up. As long as you don't try to PID him in Waukeen's Promenade, though, it won't cause any other problems.

Anyway, these couple of little things should be fixed sometime this weekend or next week, assuming that something really nasty doesn't crop up in the meantime.

#13 -julienne-

-julienne-

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Hello :) I'm going through the game with Adrian and I love him, you did outstanding work. I'm before Brynnlaw now and I realized that the romance didn't start for me and I've only had 'friendship' talks :crying: I meet the requirements listed in the readme. No variables are set to 3, but I noticed that the 'adrianlikespc' is set to 0. Maybe he just isn't interested in my poor half-elf? Or maybe it's because I have many expansion and npc mods installed (but I wasn't pursuing any other romance in this gameplay). Is there something I could do to without starting a new game? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English :)

#14 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

I'm not Rhaella but did you do his quest? The romance won't start until you do.

#15 -julienne-

-julienne-

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yes, I did his quest.

#16 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Yeah, the problem there is the AdrianLikesPC variable, since if you don't catch his attention enough in the beginning, he won't be interested. Really, snarking back at him whenever he gets a bit nasty is the easiest way to get his interest, haha. Don't be afraid to fight with him. =)

Depending on how far you are in the friendship, you could theoretically cheat your way into the romance, since the tracks don't break off completely until fairly late. If rh#AdrianTalks is at 21 or lower, you can just turn rh#AdrianFriendshipActive to 0 and rh#AdrianRomanceActive to 1. If rh#AdrianTalks is higher than that, set it back to 21 first. You'll get a bit of repeating dialogue, but at the point they're somewhat different depending on what track you're on anyway. I don't think there would be any potential nasty side effects of using Shadowkeeper like that, but I can't guarantee it 100%.

Edited by Rhaella, 27 August 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#17 -julienne-

-julienne-

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:35 AM

Thank you very much. And congratulations for releasing such a wonderful mod :)

#18 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying him, his choosiness notwithstanding. =)

#19 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

K'aeloree just updated with v1.1, by the way, so the couple of bugs/typos that Myzandria and Agashi found should be corrected now.

#20 -julienne-

-julienne-

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:04 AM

It's me again. I'm sorry for bothering you but I just can't get the romance to start :crying: I changed the variables like you told me but it didn't work, so I started a new game. The 'adranlikespc' variable is set to 3 when I finish his quest but I still only get friendship talks and the romance won't start. I tried setting a higher number to adrianlikespc but it won't work either. Is there anything I could do to fix this or am I just doomed?