• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Oh my god, hahaha. Yes, I'll fix that.

Unfortunately, because a bit of tp2 reworking is required, there's no easy manual fix for that, but if you have a save from before that talk, you can install this and the correct ring should show up this time. (Or install it, shadowkeep out the ring you were given and clua console the item RH#ADRNG in instead.)

Attached Files

#42 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just a heads up if you've grabbed the new BG2EE version: Something got broken while implementing the new journal system, so there's a nasty stutter-bug at the beginning of the quest in v2.0. You'll need to upgrade to v2.1 to get rid of it.

If your installation order makes that unpractical, you can install this as a quick fix instead. It should work fine with regular BG2, though will probably result in a couple of messed up journal entries for BG2EE.

Attached Files

#43 -Impsy-

-Impsy-

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

Just a heads up if you've grabbed the new BG2EE version: Something got broken while implementing the new journal system, so there's a nasty stutter-bug at the beginning of the quest in v2.0. You'll need to upgrade to v2.1 to get rid of it.

If your installation order makes that unpractical, you can install this as a quick fix instead. It should work fine with regular BG2, though will probably result in a couple of messed up journal entries for BG2EE.

I was just coming to ask about this! Thank you thank you thank you! 

#44 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

Despite new version supporting BG2EE, it lacks declared content such as banters and interactions with new NPCs.

#45 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

They're there. Are they not installing properly? They were triggering for me on the beta at least.

Edited by Rhaella, 04 December 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#46 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

No, they're not triggering. And when I try to ask Adrian's opinion on my companions, there's only vanilla NPCs showing. He doesn't "see" new ones.

#47 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hmm, I might have forgotten to add something to the PID for the new NPCs. I'll check when I get home. As for the banters, are you sure they just haven't triggered yet? They're not weighted at present, so they would likely be amongst the last to trigger.

#48 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

I'm pretty sure, since I've CTRL+I'ed them all. 

#49 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Do you have all four of the new NPCs in your party? And have their other banters been triggering?

Any chance you could grab brh#adr.dlg from the override folder and attach it? I don't think I uploaded the wrong version or tinkered with the BG2EE installations in any way, but it's possible.

#50 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Nope, I've picked Neera, but the banter thing is going well between her and other npcs and also between Adrian and others but Neera.

And I can't figure out how to attach a file via my profile...

Edited by non servian, 04 December 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#51 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:28 AM

There should be an option via "More Reply Options", but I'm not sure if you need a certain number of posts to be able to use it.

Has Adrian's quest triggered yet? Has Neera's? As least two of their banters won't trigger until afterwards, so that might be why you can't get them even with the console. At least, I hope that's the reason.

#52 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:34 AM

I've already finished Adrian's quest and started Neera's. Point is he doesn't "see" her as he sees other companions, that is for sure.

Attached Files

Edited by non servian, 04 December 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#53 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hmm, in that case at least one banter is probably broken, assuming they're installing at all. I'll take a look when I get home tonight to see what's going on.

In the meantime, let me know if you can get anything after finishing Neera's quest.

#54 non servian

non servian
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Okay, now I had one banter between the two, but still when I ask Adrian of his opinion on someone there is no option to ask about Neera

#55 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, I forgot to add comments in for the BG2EE NPCs. I'll fix that once I make sure the rest of these banters are working properly as well. Let me know whether or not you ever get any others between them.

#56 Nessa

Nessa
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Perhaps Enemy check is required (I was beating that Shadow Lich for a minute before Adrian decided it's time to talk)  :)

qORXJsz.jpg

Edited by Nessa, 09 December 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#57 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:55 AM

lol! Apparently so! There is a combat check--I'm surprised that didn't pick it up.

#58 Nessa

Nessa
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:24 AM

Well, technically speaking *he* wasn't in the combat, but perhaps he was *enjoying* company of 5 good-aligned elves, one of which are Ranger, too much :D

#59 Nessa

Nessa
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

And apparently I'm having the same bug with Adrian trying to leave party. It started to occur after my reputation score went up to 20 (I'm going through Friendship path, Likes variable is set to 1, Talks is at 45 and Friendship is at 1). Talks stopped after that bug started to pop up, but I'm not sure if Friendship path involves further dialogues (the last one was "Once this is over, assuming we live through it... hmm.").

I used SK to drop my reputation to 16 and deleted Reputation variable, but that didn't help, he's still attempting to leave on occasion.

Edited by Nessa, 09 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#60 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, that's the end of the friendship track, so you haven't run into any bug there.

It's probably the issue of evil aligned NPCs leaving at high reputation... that's something the game handles, and I unfortunately don't know how to turn it off. Otherwise I would have. It *might* be that the NPCs don't recognize your reputation has dropped back to acceptable levels until it gets lowered in game itself, so stealing something or doing whatever else to lower it by a point might solve that for you. Maybe.