The Vault for BGT v7.2 released

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

My brain is hurting now from reading item patching tutorials, which are pointless anyway with IR overwriting...

The better option might be to leave the it the vanilla way to obtain SW1H19, and then later if you return with the History of the Nether Scroll + SW1H19, you will obtain SW1HVAM (I'd probably have to modify it heavily to make it appealing and somewhat different)

EDIT :

and then later if you return with the History of the Nether Scroll + SW1H19, you will obtain SW1HVAM

Better yet, just check for that quest completion instead of having the sword.

Edited by Beleg33, 14 September 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#22 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

One item of oddness: If you're in the vault and tell the guardian "I have no need of your services" (think that's right :shifty: ) he vanishes and the door to the vault is sealed (with you in it). Have to CLUA out.

#23 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

At that point you should be able to summon him again with the sword and get the the same options again.

I'll have to change the sword to have infinite charges also, should be 10 by default in this version so use with care!

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#24 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:04 PM

I may have a buggy install then, as I haven't seen any way to use the sword (I even tried equipping it ... no go). I'm guessing this isn't done by dialog (like Bonehill's flaming sword with Ignus's voice attached ... I'm not in a game right now, and can't think of the bloody things proper name lol).

#25 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Can you provide WeiDU.log content and a few files from your install please (if you know how to export them with a biffed game, otherwise from override folder) ?
- SW1HVAM.ITM (the sword should have an ability header that summons the vault sentry)
- ULCAST.DLG (might have been modified by another mod - thinking of NTotSC, I hate that mod - so you obtained SW1H19 instead as per vanilla) => Did you obtain the sword before the book to return to Candlekeep?

For the sword compatibility issue I think I've found the best workaround... adding the summon ability to special/innate abilities through baldur.bcs (I know...) when sword (SW1H19) is equipped while in BG1 part of BGT (ENDOFBG1 global check).

#26 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

I'm thinking this one is something else, as NTotSC seems to be working just fine. The sword I get appears to be your new one. For kicks I CLUA'ed the original and the new item codes, and got items with different BAMs and descriptions ... neither one has any way of summing the sentry that I can see. I don't get the sword until after the book for candlekeep (and the business of reclaiming it from the drow priestess), so all that seems fine. I'll attach the files you're requested, but this isn't really a big deal (I can CLUA with the best of 'em :devil: ). Just thought I'd report it in case anyone else has the issue show up.

On a side note, I'm helping Lollorian troubleshoot his new lolfixer mod, but this issue has shown up over multiple installs without the fixer so that can be ignored.

Also, I checked the override first and neither file was there, so don't think it's been modified by anything else (hopefully at least lol).

Attached Files

#27 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:34 AM

That sword works fine for me... When equipped you should get the ability in item ability submenu. Attached File  item_abilities_button.bmp   7.18K   364 downloads

#28 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

So in the original case you'd either have to be careful not to tell him "I have no need of your services" or equip the weapon? Sorry, think I'll stick to CLUA instead :devil:

The worst thing with the changes is that you tend to forget about it. By the time you have the book of ancient wisdom you have so many things going on it's not real, and if you go to candlekeep first (as most folks probably will) you have to CLUA the book back to talk with Ulcaster (not to mention lugging the armor and idol around with you for most of the game). In my case I crammed 'em into a bag of holding and completely forgot about them (I only noticed because I haddn't been to Ogre's Reach yet and was checking out the map prior to starting BG2).

I understand the idea of delaying getting the sword until you're at a higher level, but those are some pretty strong disadvantages to deal with :whistling: .

Thanks for updateing the mod however. I know how much work goes into that sort of thing, so don't want to come across sounding negative about it all.

#29 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:26 AM

You can also ask him to see his store and he won't disappear :D I'll make him not disappear with the "no need for your services" answer, potentially with more fireballs for disturbing him :twisted:

I don't understand what you mean about the book. You can obtain the book of ancient wisdom by trading the history of Nether Scrolls with the thief when asked, thus gaining easy access to Candlekeep. The only thing you have to do is when you reach Candlekeep, accept to help Nandin so you can recover the history of Nether Scrolls from the drow priestess (at any time, I'd wait until Sarevok honestly this is what makes more sense). Then you can go on and obtain the vampiric sword.

As for forgetting about quests and stuff... there are journal entries. Without bag of holding... you can stash stuff in containers (like FAI)

#30 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

Small note about BOWPHA.itm - the Launcher ability has a spurious "set APR to 2" effect on hit... when the same effect is already applied on equip by global effect #4 :D

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#31 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks, I'll probably just delete the launcher ability so it can only be used without ammo.

#32 TDouglas

TDouglas

Unwashed Wildling

• 121 posts

Donator

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

Nandin is supposed to show up in Candlekeep? I've never seen him there before. The way it generally works (for me at least) is that he shows up at the bridge to Baldur's Gate, steals the book and runs. I then have to track the little dweeb down and run him through, then off to the carnival to dispense with his accomplice, then off to the mines to deal with the drow. If I remember correctly, Nandin is killed in Nashkel. I wasn't aware there was another way of dealing with him :whistling: :devil: .

Hmmm, I wonder if the version of the book you find in Bonehill would work instead? I haven't tried that before (and you get it AFTER Candlekeep, so you'd have something in the inventory to remind you of a pending quest). I'll give it a go on my next runthrough :lol2: .

EDIT: Oops, that isn't Nandin you meet at the bridge ... some other dipshit. You meet him at the carnival, but I've never seen a dialog option for anything other than combat (and certainly never saw him in Candlekeep). Maybe I have a buggy install?

Edited by TDouglas, 27 September 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#33 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

I haven't touched that dialog at all, you just have to agree to trade the book when the thief (I never remember his name either) shows up at Wyrm's Crossing. Nandin will show up at Candlekeep, telling you that "the thief" is in trouble and asking for your help. Agree and follow the clues given during that dialog to get back on track at any time towards Nashkel to recover the original from the hands of the drow.

#34 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Another small item bug ^_^

HAT01.ITM error: Effect #14 (opcode 35) has strange probabilities (0 and 0)
- Now properly grants a +1 save vs. poly (now targets self)

You can find fixed versions of the above items in the attachments in this post :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#35 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

The effect reported above also requires a Save vs. Wands for some reason, saves shouldn't be required :)

#36 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

Something for the next version, AR9798 (Ulcaster Ruins) has a spawn script that lets you fight a Greater Wolfwere - thing is, this Greater Wolfwere drops a baby on death :lol: (It's the Peladan baby item from the TotSC werewolves quest)

Maybe the next version should use a Vault-specific Greater Wolfwere instead of using the unique TotSC one? :P

I friggin love these ruins now thanks to the Vault and Dark Horizons :D (and they seamlessly merge their content ^_^)

#37 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:13 PM

^ Changed WOLFWEGR -> JC_WLFWE (seems like an unused and slightly underpowered greater wolfwere made specifically for this thing) in AR9798.baf :cheers:

#38 -pjchc-

-pjchc-

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm running vault 7.1 in my megamod, so perhaps this problem is fixed in 7.2 - maybe someone can let me know.  The book was stolen as expected when leaving BG for Candlekeep.  I should find the next encounter in FAI, except ... no encounter pops.  And there's no encounter on the road to Nashkell, in Nashkell or in the Mines.  I've killed the 5 ogre mages at the entry to Candlekeep as well and there's no vault-trigger there either.  Somewhat baffled.

#39 -my very bad english-

-my very bad english-

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

So, I take it that this interesting mod won't work for my newest  vanilla run of BG:TOS ? Same goes for erebusant v.7 probably? That leaves me with only old v.5 patching unfriendly, overwriting version which I don't wont to bother with unless some of you wise, all knowing seers from SHS shed some light on the matter. 

#40 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Late answer to above : Nothing planned for BG1 and tutu

HOWEVER

Announcing now that v8 is coming soon with full compatibility for BGT, BG:EE and EET. With readme (in english at least) and list of changes!

I will need some help with beta testing and updating the tra files for EE in non-english languages (I'll probably do french myself)

Could anyone provide a decompiled THALAN.DLG from BGT please?

Edited by Beleg33, 20 March 2015 - 10:45 PM.