[Optimise Bag Search Code] fix problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ph47

ph47
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

God day!
Thanks you for great ToBEx, what i opened for me two weeks ago.
So i get a 10 version of ToBEx with BiG World Project Russian 14 GB compilation.

But in a game process i have a big trouble - long perseconds lags. I see a correlation between lag time and containers count in inventory. So droping it solve problem, but make a game trouble with small inventory.

Throu googling, i found what ToBEx has a special fix for my problem, named "Optimise Bag Search Code". But when i looked in config i see what it allready enabled. Disabling this take to effect. Noway with fix or not a lag same.

Now i manualy update ToBEx to latest version, but situation still same.

Please tell, what i doing wrong?
I dont belive what this old beautiful game should lag on modern PC. I played it on old duron 800 but original version. Now i want to play BiG World Project on Intel Atom 1.8 GHz but is it slowly. My OS is Win7.

ps: sorry for bad english.

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

Please tell, what i doing wrong?

Have you done any and all of these ?

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 ph47

ph47
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Have you done any and all of these ?

God day, Jarno Mikkola!

Generally yes.
Steps about compilation is done by BWP.
Steps about game config i was made myself. For investigation i was try set settings to best performance and to best quality. Except quality no other changed: game lag same with different settings.

Except step 17 of course - it is key of problem.

I tried lab test:
With no bags game work perfectly.
With one bag game lag miserable.
With adding next bag lags summed arithmeticaly.
Max bag count for my computer is five, here game stop animating and simply change picture once in second.

So it is exactly a "Bag Bug". Unfortunately [Optimise Bag Search Code] fix make nothing and no difference to set it On or Off.
Developer says what fix increase performance dramatically, but in my situation is not.

#4 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

Is TobEx even working? Two main ways to check this: 1) when you start your game, there should be a console window show up; 2) when you enter priest/wizard spell screens, there should be dodgy looking grey buttons.

Are you using Bottomless Bags of Holding? You will still lag if you have an extreme amount of different items in the bags, and multiple bags as well. Optimise means optimise, it does not mean eliminate.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#5 ph47

ph47
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Is TobEx even working? Two main ways to check this: 1) when you start your game, there should be a console window show up; 2) when you enter priest/wizard spell screens, there should be dodgy looking grey buttons.

Are you using Bottomless Bags of Holding? You will still lag if you have an extreme amount of different items in the bags, and multiple bags as well. Optimise means optimise, it does not mean eliminate.

Good day, Ascension64!
TobEx is loaded: console window presents and scroll in spell book exists.
I tried many variants, so i tried only bookcase, only bottlecase. All cases have same behaviour, all of theirs add same amount of lags.
I understand what optimization is percent effect, but nothing changing when i enable or disable flag in config.

What can be done to understand works this exactly fix or not?
May be this way exist: it is possible to write mod what limit capacity of all bags?

#6 -CasHTusK-

-CasHTusK-

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:02 AM

Is script protected from modyfiyng by typical user? Can we somehow watch for script text and debug it by ingame testing?
I think problem is in loop throu every event (PartyHasItem) on every bag slot. Prob., if User can disable function to loop-throu-containers-for-quest-items - problem can be solved ? (cause he will knew, that if he want to solve quest - it's necessary to hold quest items in default slot, not container slot)

p.s. : Sorry for crappy eng.

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

May be this way exist: it is possible to write mod what limit capacity of all bags?

Well yes... and there are actually several mods that do that... but you could also just remove the extra garbage out of the bag and it will solve the problem.
Or the problem is not just the bags.
The one solution is to use the donkey mod, as it's bag are never checked by the PartyHasItem thing.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:30 AM

Might be better if I debug it myself. Can you attach a zip of your saved game with the issue? Also, please include the WeiDU.log file found in your game installation directory.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)