Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Nice work ;) 

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

Congratulations! :) Can't wait to see the BG2 part :)

#3 Zyraen

Zyraen
  • Modder
  • 1402 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Wooh Congratulations! :)

kiyos.jpg____btlbn2.gif____kovaS.jpg
Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?
SoA Release - Overview / Download Links

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, XP caps, The Ub3r Reaver Kit, and much more...
Spellhold Gauntlet - more than just a Spellhold-Be-Gone
Hidden Kits - hidden dual-classed kits with a twist for progression

#4 Alexander-UckateJIb

Alexander-UckateJIb
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Congratulations! Just wanted to ask - what weapon proficiency She has? Do you plane some voicing?

#5 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Congrats, will definitely give it a try.

PS Anybody else think of this when seeing the announcement?
isra.jpg

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#6 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thank you, guys!

Congratulations! Just wanted to ask - what weapon proficiency She has? Do you plane some voicing?

I went with the basic two-handed sword proficiencies. As for voicing... possibly, but probably not until after BG2 is finished. =)

#7 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Good jorb! I mean, congrats! :)

DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#8 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I'll be keeping an eye on this project. Congrats on what you have done so far.

i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.

#9 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Well done! I really must mod my BG1 - I've yet to play any mods with it!

#10 -OkieDM-

-OkieDM-

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm really looking forward to checking out this mod.  Just downloaded it and getting ready to create my new BG1 character.  Keep it up! 

This is one of my favorite types of characters (beautiful Lady Paladin) and I'll really enjoy seeing your interpretation of the Pally of Sune concept -- one of the more interesting variant Paladins in Forgotten Realms. 

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what you do with BG2!

#11 olnorton

olnorton
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Cool, I just reinstalled TuTu, I'll give it a try. 8)

#12 -Asthariel-

-Asthariel-

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Great news! I will definitely try havng her in party when i will get BG:EE.

#13 Stormshadow

Stormshadow
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

I was wondering when the updates roll in from BeamDog and I install the update, will it kill any install of a mod? I have not modded my BG:EE install yet, though I have added Shadowkeeper. My fear is I will be partially through your mod and an update would come available that has a really nice feature I would like to see fixed in the current version. But the install of the update screws with any outside mod. 

Also, is there an official list anywhere showing what mods are now compatible with BG:EE?

I can't wait to try Isra!

Edited by Stormshadow, 26 January 2013 - 07:18 AM.

#14 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

I think that as long as you uninstall any mods before installing the update, and then reinstall the mods afterwards, you should be fine. It gets dangerous if you have multiple mods, because you need to have them in the exact same order that you did before, but I think it would work. I don't know 100% because it might depend upon how extensive the update is. K'aeloree could tell you for sure, probably.

I'm pretty sure I've seen lists about compatibility over at the BGEE forum. I don't follow BGEE stuff too closely, though, so I really can't help you more than that, unfortunately.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy her! =)

#15 Stormshadow

Stormshadow
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Ok, thanks Rhaella.

#16 Athelred

Athelred
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Given that feedback is the lifeblood of any project (along with inspiration and too many long and sleepless nights proofing to count) - I wanted to leave a full-blown review for Isra, who long after having first played BG for the first time, is the only initial companion mod I'm going to have to write on as indispensible. First things first - a lot of good characters get characterized as perhaps too simple, or simple-minded; there's a reason so many choose to create characters of different alignment, and perhaps why the alignment system suffered it's eventual fate.

Isra defies those conventions.

Instead of feeling I was talking to a paladin, a lawful-good game mechanic one drags along to (hopefully) use any holy weaponry one just finds laying around, I enjoyed Isra's observations, her good sense of humor - and her educating me on Sune, who (since I haven't really followed up on the Forgotten Realms cosmology after the Wall of the Faithless concept kinda bummed me out) seems like a fascinating deity. Having her along the party was remarkably entertaining and somehow nostalgic, and I really hop that some day our paths might cross again - though it'll have to be awhile both for a sequel to be made (hopefully!) and me to prepare once again for the mental strain that is Irenicus' hidden base.

Congratulations, Rhaella - Thanks for writing a companion interesting enough to inspire me to actually finish BG1. It's not much - but again, thanks and congratulations!

#17 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:16 AM

Aww, thank you so much! I'm glad you've enjoyed her! The most interesting thing about going Sunite with a paladin is that it kind of forces you to strip away everything about the class that is conventional rather than essential, and see where that leaves you. So I'm glad it worked for you. =)

BG2 is coming along nicely, do not worry. I'll need to put up some sort of progress report soon, I suppose.

#18 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2298 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:24 AM

New version = new congratulations! It was so good to read that Isra can finally speak with her own voice! :)

:hug:

#19 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

I have finished my BG2 Isra playthrough and must chime in on what an enjoyable NPC she is. (She's also deadly - she got most of the big kills in the game. She certainly has a way with dragons!) I like her philosophy and general lack of angst (OK, so there's a little angst, but nothing beyond what you'd expect under the circumstances). Lovely portrait too. Definitely recommended. :new_thumbs:

#20 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

Aww, thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed her. =) I made a concerted effort to avoid angst, but... well. BG2 will be BG2.