Photo

Baldur's Gate Graphics Overhaul

baldurs gate graphics overhaul

• Please log in to reply
279 replies to this topic

#121 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

Since all the areas outside the city did not have extended night areas, they had to be created and added for BGT & BGTutu.  No?  So, why can't they be added for vanilla BG?  I have some coding experience and this seems like a small thing in the scheme of things.

Well, the fact is the BG2 and BG1 use different game engines, the BG2 and thus as an extension the BGT & Tutu have more things put in it than the original, dah that's why the original games engine was modified to create the extension(the one running the BG2) ... thus the tools that we use have more options, and we have more things to modify.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#122 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Jarno is right - the BG2 version of the Infinity Engine is quite different and much improved when compared to the TotSC version.

-Y-

#123 -Eirinjas-

-Eirinjas-

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

Since all the areas outside the city did not have extended night areas, they had to be created and added for BGT & BGTutu.  No?  So, why can't they be added for vanilla BG?  I have some coding experience and this seems like a small thing in the scheme of things.

Well, the fact is the BG2 and BG1 use different game engines, the BG2 and thus as an extension the BGT & Tutu have more things put in it than the original, dah that's why the original games engine was modified to create the extension(the one running the BG2) ... thus the tools that we use have more options, and we have more things to modify.

Extended night was in BG1 - it's not an invention found only in BG2.  We're not talking about dual-wielding or kits or any of the other additions found in BG2, we're talking about an aspect of BG1 that wasn't realized in all areas of the game.  There's no reason why if it's possible in parts that it isn't possible in the whole.

#124 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:12 AM

Extended night was only applied to Baldur's Gate City in BG1. It doesn't work in other areas. If you can find someone to fix that (someone who knows how to edit the executable most likely) I'll release a TotSC version.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 05 August 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#125 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 15 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

-Y-,

just one question because I am not sure I understood: is another version of this in the work or...?  ^_^

#126 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

There will be versions for BGTuTu, BG:EE and BGT only. TotSC cannot be done.

There is an update for BGTuTu, BG:EE and BGT in progress but I can't give a release date (for the same reason I don't know when I'll be able to fix a couple of bugs in FFT: R/L is taking precedence).

-Y-

#127 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:47 PM

Oh okay, -Y-!

I understand now that there's an update planned. Thanks!

Edited by Salk, 17 August 2013 - 09:48 PM.

#128 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

There will be versions for BGTuTu, BG:EE and BGT only. TotSC cannot be done.

Technically, the night areas could probably be done by making a script that takes the player from day to the night area at night times and then sends them back during the day....it's a huge undertaking and probably not worth it at all, but ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#129 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

Go ahead. I'll supply the graphics.

-Y-

#130 Mad Mate

Mad Mate
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi, I want to report a glitch in Baldur's Gate Bridge area (AR7900 in BGT).

I'm using your latest BGT Graphics Overhaul mod and in the middle of bridge there is weird rectangle during the day.

During the night everything is fine and thanks to your mod looking beautiful. :-)

In attachment are screenshots of glitch during day and screens of night and how it looks when using original BG wed.

Attached Files

Edited by Mad Mate, 02 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#131 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Interesting - looks like the drawbridge is stuffed. Problem noted. Sorry for the delayed reply but I escaped on vacation for ten days.

-Y-

#132 -PsychoWedge-

-PsychoWedge-

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

First of all: What a fantastic mod! The change in atmosphere is incredible. I was running around Beregost at night and it was really cool. Well done, good sir, well done!

I haven't read all seven pages of this topic so my apologies in advance if I report something that's already a known issue. There seems to be a six tile mismatch in the lower half of central Baldur's Gate (AR7800) at night. Here is a screenshot of the bug.

#133 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

Many thanks for the praise! :)

Yes, I am aware of that problem. I'm on the last pass through Baldur's Gate ATM; BG:EE is half-finished, BGTuTu is started. The BGT tilesets are renamed BGTuTu ones, so one follows the other.

-Y-

#134 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Good day!

Beautiful mod, night time areas are just charming!

Got one quirk though so far: I'm having BGT version as a part of BWS, so I'm not absolutely sure it's your mod to blame, but anyways, somehow it's always night time in Gullykin (Ar9900) . I noticed that day/night changes correctly on area map, but it's always night in the area itself. Could you please check if it's works ok on your side?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#135 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Aargh!! Shows how long it's been since I checked here....

This one looks as if it may be a BGT/BWS problem. I've checked both ar9900.wed and ar9900n.wed and they're both calling their correct respective .tis files. I've also checked the original fw4000 area from which this one was derived and they're correct too.

-Y-

#136 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

I hope some BGT player with this mod installed can chime in and confirm that this issue is present on their side too. At this moment I can not be of help, sorry.

I guess the update mentioned above (August, 17) is unlikely to be out before the end of the year?

Edited by Salk, 15 November 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#137 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

I'll try and make it a Christmas present... no promises though.

-Y-

#138 prozh

prozh
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Got one quirk though so far: I'm having BGT version as a part of BWS, so I'm not absolutely sure it's your mod to blame, but anyways, somehow it's always night time in Gullykin (Ar9900) . I noticed that day/night changes correctly on area map, but it's always night in the area itself. Could you please check if it's works ok on your side?

Checked. Exactly so, in the version for Tutu

http://www.shsforums...phics-overhaul/

(and BGT too) files fw4000.tiz and fw4000n.tiz are identical, both the night.

#139 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Huh. Looks like I might have fixed it and not remembered because it does work correctly here. Ah well.

-Y-

#140 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Another minor issue: in Ulgoth's Beard location (ARU000 in BGT) night-time area map got a case of green water. Night-time area itself is fine though.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: baldurs gate, graphics, overhaul