Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2201 Dimensionist

Dimensionist
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:51 AM

I've recently encountered a problem with the 'recommended' installation for BWS. Would this be the place to ask for help?

#2202 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:01 AM

I've recently encountered a problem with the 'recommended' installation for BWS. Would this be the place to ask for help?

Yes, but it's likely more helpful for you and anyone else that has the same like problems that you start a new topic in the mega mod help forum. Describe the problem, and add your weidu.log's content to it.

Ouh, and welcome to the forum.

Edited by The Imp, 03 January 2016 - 10:06 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2203 Dimensionist

Dimensionist
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:11 AM

Yes, but it's likely more helpful for you and anyone else that has the same like problems that you start a new topic in the mega mod help forum. Describe the problem, and add your weidu.log's content to it.

Ouh, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks.:)

The problem isn't in the installation, though - that works just fine. It happens when I start the game and start playing.

I'l make a separate thread for it, though, if you think that's best.

#2204 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

Hey, I'm having a problem, BWS can't download Faiths and Powers, and when I try to provide it and tell the tool to give me the link, it doesn't do anything, so, I'm stuck, I can't provide or extract the mod because I don't have it and BWS didn't download it, any help would be very appreciated.

#2205 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

Faiths and Powers is a new mod and not yet publicly available. You can contact the author (subtledoctor) to ask about joining the closed beta.

Credit where due, Grammarsalad is also authoring the mod.

Edited by agb1, 03 January 2016 - 12:42 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2206 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:55 PM

Faiths and Powers is a new mod and not yet publicly available. You can contact the author (subtledoctor) to ask about joining the closed beta.

Credit where due, Grammarsalad is also authoring the mod.
Thanks for the really fast reply, I really appreciate the help.

I wonder if they'll let me use their mod? I guess I'll have to ask them.

#2207 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

Couple of quick updates:

* BG2EE:  Added temporary patch for Ascension (thanks White Agnus!) to work around install errors until next WeiDU release
* BG2EE:  Switched Tashia Maximized pre-selection to SOA part only until TOB dialogue transitions are fixed

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2208 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

My custom selection installed fast, smoothly and without a single hiccup! Thanks a lot everyone involved :)

The only issue was with Sandrah's mod assortment, and no, it wasn't due to Jarl. I am attaching BWS output and debug in hopes someone could enlighten me on what exactly I did wrong and what to avoid next time. My only not so educated guess is that when I was *not* picking other NPC mods, I've got an ignoreable warning that said I will lose some interactions between Sandrah and said NPCs but that's ok if I skip the warning. I happily used ability to ignore it because these NPCs was so uninteresting I didn't even cared to remember their names, so I figured I could live without interaction with them. However, it looks like this decision resulted in Return to Faerun and Times of Trouble not installed, which suck.
Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Creepin, 03 January 2016 - 01:31 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2209 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

My custom selection installed fast, smoothly and without a single hiccup! Thanks a lot everyone involved :)

The only issue was with Sandrah's mod assortment, and no, it wasn't due to Jarl. I am attaching BWS output and debug in hopes someone could enlighten me on what exactly I did wrong and what to avoid next time. My only not so educated guess is that when I was *not* picking other NPC mods, I've got an ignoreable warning that said I will lose some interactions between Sandrah and said NPCs but that's ok if I skip the warning. I happily used ability to ignore it because these NPCs was so uninteresting I didn't even cared to remember their names, so I figured I could live without interaction with them. However, it looks like this decision resulted in Return to Faerun and Times of Trouble not installed, which suck.
Spoiler

To *enlighten* you, it would be helpful to attach the setup-sandrahnpc.debug. All of RtF not installing must be more than missing a minor NPC. (probably Ascension is missing)

PS - It should not matter, with a party of six of yourself you will not be able to transit to RtF anyway.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 January 2016 - 01:41 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2210 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:45 PM

To *enlighten* you, it would be helpful to attach the setup-sandrahnpc.debug. All of RtF not installing must be more than missing a minor NPC. (probably Ascension is missing)
Done.
PS - It should not matter, with a party of six of yourself you will not be able to transit to RtF anyway.
Indeed, but I figured I ask in advance rather than when I'm ready to play with NPCs.

Attached Files

Edited by Creepin, 03 January 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#2211 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

Done.
Indeed, but I figured I ask in advance rather than when I'm ready to play with NPCs.

I found the issue but I have no idea how that happened - the whole component ~SandrahNPC Extensions~ (i.e.all of the BG2 contents) has not been installed. (i.e. it has not failed but it was not selected for install, by whom or why, I cannot tell)

If you used BWS did you modify something??

For that reason *Mod extensions* does not find a file to append to and fails completely (including Ascension which is required to enable RtF, which then fails as well)

Component 9 is missing as well (also somehow unselected) - so RtF would have failed to install for that reason as well.

Edited by Roxanne, 03 January 2016 - 02:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#2212 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

I found the issue but I have no idea how that happened - the whole component ~SandrahNPC Extensions~ (i.e.all of the BG2 contents) has not been installed. (i.e. it has not failed but it was not selected for install, by whom or why, I cannot tell)
For that reason *Mod extensions* does not find a file to append to and fails completely (including Ascension which is required to enable RtF, which then fails as well)
Roxanne, thank you for fast assessment. It is perfectly clear by whom it was not selected: I handpick all components manually and since "SandrahNPC Extensions" was the only one marked red in whole Sandrah NPC mod, I turned it off just in case, previously checking that nothing is dependant on it. I will reinstall BWS tomorrow and check if enabling this component will allow RtF & ToT to be installed. If it actually will, I think that dependency is warranted in BWS in this case because as it stands now there was no single warning I won't be able to install these mods.

Edited by Creepin, 03 January 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#2213 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:26 PM

Roxanne, thank you for fast assessment. It is perfectly clear by whom it was not selected: I handpick all components manually and since "SandrahNPC Extensions" was the only one marked red in whole Sandrah NPC mod, I turned it off just in case, previously checking that nothing is dependant on it. I will reinstall BWS tomorrow and check if enabling this component will allow RtF & ToT to be installed. If it actually will, I think that dependency is warranted in BWS in this case because as it stands now there was no single warning I won't be able to install these mods.

1. It is clearly stated that Sandrah Components are not optional but just split for easier recovery. You need all for the mod to work.

2. Instead of a complete new BWS install it is worth to try something that might work (since the worldmap components are installed to enable BP-worldmap, there is a good chance it works.)

- start setup-SandrahNPC.exe manually - say A(sk) to components not yet installed - say (S)kip to components already installed - say (I)nstall when the missing components are asked. If that is successful, try RtF, there should be no issue with it.

It is worth a try, I think you have little to loose if you consider re-installing BWS as alternative anyway.

The Sandrah Saga

#2214 White Agnus

White Agnus
  • Modder
  • 76 posts

Donator

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:40 PM

The problem with GPWSLAY.bcs is caused by the line "0 ANYONE" in EA.ids. Updating BWS to use WeiDU 238.01 beta would be the simplest solution currently but using beta WeiDU in BWS is not recommended, so it would be ideal if we could get a new stable release of WeiDU

I implemented a new component in ascension today, which should solve the issue (Component 999), will remove it, when a new stable weidu version is out... ;)

#2215 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Thanks White Agnus, I've updated BWS to use that component.

Roxanne, I'm updating BWS to require every Sandrah NPC component (no exceptions) if any Sandrah NPC component is selected.  All or nothing.  Is that correct?

#2216 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:04 PM

Thanks White Agnus, I've updated BWS to use that component.

Roxanne, I'm updating BWS to require every Sandrah NPC component (no exceptions) if any Sandrah NPC component is selected.  All or nothing.  Is that correct?

I have always had this on the download page and in the readme

*For the mod, all setup options must be installed, the different parts of the installation file are just for faster recovery in an error case.
RtF requires the same large worldmap to be installed for SoA and ToB.*

I have considered for a long time already to make the mod just one component but since it is still beta and constantly improved it would make my own work really cumbersome and actually *creepin*'s case here is the only one so far where such an issue has happened.

The mod itself looks for the options to chose from the list of mods that have been installed in front of it, so there is really nothing to select during installation.

The Sandrah Saga

#2217 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

Thanks Roxanne.  Just so you know, the PDF inside the mod folder itself ("Sandrah NPC for the BGT_Readme.pdf") does not mention components or setup options, and I was relying on that version of the readme for dependencies information.  I am updating the BWS rules to require all components.

#2218 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:45 PM

* Added conflict rule:  Tashia Remix #0 (ToB version) vs. Imoen Romance v5
* BGT:  Deidre and Joluv in BGT removed from purge list (mod is selectable now for BGT)
* Corrected Sandrah dependency rules

#2219 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

NPC Kitpack NPCKIT should be Expert for EE/EET games, it corrupts kit.ids (without the repairs done in other games by fixpack) which leads to issues in the game.

See http://www.shsforums...e-6#entry584659 and Imps analysis of the issue.

The Sandrah Saga

#2220 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:32 AM

NPC Kitpack NPCKIT should be Expert for EE/EET games...

Yeah, until Lollorian fixes it, or my angry report of it gets a new release out. :P

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.