Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2241 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

Sorry, I should've quoted this too:

Mods affecting M#PIRBAN.ITM:
00000: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00002: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2242 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:23 AM

This error occurs even without M&G.

#2243 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:33 AM

This error occurs even without M&G.

Oops.  I was looking at the modified item from zonx's installation in Near Infinity, forgetting that the string refs are specific to my installation.  Sorry subtledoctor.

Reported to Mike1072 and Demi:  https://github.com/G...sions/issues/11

Edited by agb1, 05 January 2016 - 10:41 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2244 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:55 AM

No worries! I always want to know if errant code doing unexpected things.

That IR component is meant to deal with helmets, and the Amber item is sort of an odd item - a "bandana" (which is not something that normally exists in the game) occupying the helmet slot. I expect it has some characteristic that IR doesn't expect helmets to have.

#2245 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

So, why is Tashia Remix (The full version one) still incompatible with Imoen Romance if Imoen Romance got patched to work along with it and not cause conflicts?

#2246 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

No worries! I always want to know if errant code doing unexpected things.

That IR component is meant to deal with helmets, and the Amber item is sort of an odd item - a "bandana" (which is not something that normally exists in the game) occupying the helmet slot. I expect it has some characteristic that IR doesn't expect helmets to have.

Hey there, I've sent you a pm about 2 days ago asking you if I can get the link to your Faiths & Powers mod so I can use it, did you get the time to red it?

Thanks in advance.

#2247 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

So, why is Tashia Remix (The full version one) still incompatible with Imoen Romance if Imoen Romance got patched to work along with it and not cause conflicts?

It's just because we haven't updated BWS yet today.  Also, Tashia Remix full version is still incompatible with Sandrah, except with Roxanne's patch (which hasn't been tested yet or adopted by the Fixpack).  So I think Tashia full version still remains Expert even though we can now remove the Imoen Romance conflict rule.

Edited by agb1, 05 January 2016 - 01:03 PM.

#2248 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

New bg2ee install on commit b95f787 with tactical preset.

Couple of issues during the install.

Spoiler

I can't replicate the error locally, but IR does think this item is a helmet and it does things to the file while expecting it to be a helmet.  I've identified why this is and modified the component so it shouldn't treat the item like a helmet.

Try putting this updated critical_hits.tpa in the item_rev/components folder and installing again.  Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Attached Files

#2249 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Try putting this updated critical_hits.tpa in the item_rev/components folder and installing again.  Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Yes, for me Revised Critical Hit Aversion now installed without errors. Thanks.

#2250 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

* BWS:  BG1EE and BG2EE now use BWP Game.ini Connections section (conflicts and dependencies rules are now common across BG1EE, BG2EE and BGT, Connections section in BG1EE\Game.ini and BG2EE\Game.ini removed for clarity as it would be ignored now)
* BWS:  Renamed 'Type' field in Setup.ini to 'Preselections' field and replaced 'M' with 'F' (this will not cause any change in behavior - just for consistency)
* BWS:  More fixes for game-type dependency rules and purge rules -- example:  D:modA(-):modB(-)|BG1EE

* Valen NPC:  Removed claims of an included 'romance' from the mod description and corrected (?) German translation
* NPC Kit Pack:  Corrected (?) German translation
* Imoen Romance:  Updated to 'always latest release' link (currently v3.2)

* Game.ini purge rules updated (added BG1EE where appropriate, in anticipation of future merge -- for now purge rules are still independent for BG1EE and BG2EE)
* Fixed Item Revisions and Shatterfix dependency rule (still needed with v4) and added to BG1EE and BG2EE selection (for EET -- but needs update first)
* Fixed Faren/Tashia cross-mod dependency rule (Tashia full version only)
* Fixed SCS True Sight / SR install-together rule
* Added The Picture Standard for BGEE to Consistent NPC Appearance conflict rule and removed PaintBG from all BGEE pre-selections

* Removed Tashia full version / Imoen Romance conflict
* Added Tashia full version / Sandrah NPC conflict (until Roxanne's patch is adopted)
* Added dependency - Tashia full version needs Ascension
* Corrected other Ascension rules (Ascension script patcher for BGT only, new Ascension component 999 not for BGT, etc.)

* Added 'W'arning for new Ascension and moved from Expert to Maximized
* Added 'M'anual download warning for Rukrakia NPC

* BG2EE:  Removed Ding0's Experience Fixer from all pre-selections (EET Tweaks preferred)
* BG2EE:  Moved new Ascension component #105 from Expert to Maximized
* BGEE/BG2EE/BGT:  Moved Scales of Balance #600 (wizard class tweaks) from Expert to Maximized

Edited by agb1, 05 January 2016 - 08:21 PM.

#2251 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:05 PM

I scanned through BGEE, BG2EE and BGT selections and most looks correct but it's possible something got knocked loose in my last commit.  Please let me know if you see anything amiss.

* BWS:  Dependency rules without ':' delimiter will now ignore mods that have been purged due to incorrect game type or missing translation or mod/component not in selection, so for example a rule like D:Ascension(0)&Ascension(999) is ignored for BGT because Ascension component 999 is not in BWP\Select.txt

Edited by agb1, 05 January 2016 - 07:09 PM.

#2252 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:50 PM

* Fixed Item Revisions and Shatterfix dependency rule (still needed with v4) and added to BG1EE and BG2EE selection (for EET -- but needs update first)

Just FYI, the iron crisis weapon breakage code is included in IRv4.  It's IRv3 that doesn't have it.

#2253 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:20 PM

Just FYI, the iron crisis weapon breakage code is included in IRv4.  It's IRv3 that doesn't have it.

Thanks for correction.

* Removed Item Revisions Shatter Fix from BG1EE and BG2EE selection

#2254 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

Testing today's commit 77b68e7 on BG2EE, tactical pre-selection.

errors during install:

Spoiler

Will do a playthrough soon and test out some of these too.

Attached Files

#2255 @vGur

@vGur
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:17 AM

Telport mod is compatible with Sandrah, as Roxanne said it's only need warning:

1. Sandrah always in party >> Decide to use either teleport or her parcel exclusively but stick to the method you chose,

2. Sandrah never in party >>> use teleport

3. Sandrah can be in party for some time, then leave >> when in party =1. when not in party =2

Also IWD Bard song selection used older version of RR's bard kits in it's compatibility component, so it removes some newer staff from kits, but it won't break the game, so it shouldn't be RED, just warning, or i missed some CtD possibility?

p.s I Used latest BWS & my selection has few red warnings, i know they meaning and it's harmless (as Sandrah with Teleport mod), but how i can start without removing them? BWS don't let me proceed to install :crying:  

#2256 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:22 AM

I'm having an issue with my latest BG1EE install involving female spellcasters having male voices when casting spells. I think the issue either has something to do with Divine Remix or NPCs Enhanced for Everyone, since those are the only 2 additional mods I added since my last game. Although I strongly suspect Divine Remix because when I uninstalled NPC_EE the problem still persisted.

Attached File  BiG World Debug.7z   22.19K   144 downloads

Attached File  WeiDU.log   21.45K   153 downloads

Attached File  SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.DEBUG   93.57K   168 downloads

#2257 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:32 AM

Telport mod is compatible with Sandrah, as Roxanne said it's only need warning:

I disagree - with those rules below (which are not apparent to anyone without knowledge of how both mods are operating) you will run into expert (CLUA commands) situation, if you find out what is wrong at all.

Yes, you can play it this way...However I would call such a restriction on normal gameplay by two mods by the name of incompatibility.

1. Sandrah always in party >> Decide to use either teleport or her parcel exclusively but stick to the method you chose,

2. Sandrah never in party >>> use teleport

3. Sandrah can be in party for some time, then leave >> when in party =1. when not in party =2

Also IWD Bard song selection used older version of RR's bard kits in it's compatibility component, so it removes some newer staff from kits, but it won't break the game, so it shouldn't be RED, just warning, or i missed some CtD possibility?

p.s I Used latest BWS & my selection has few red warnings, i know they meaning and it's harmless (as Sandrah with Teleport mod), but how i can start without removing them? BWS don't let me proceed to install :crying:  

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2258 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

My view is the same as Roxanne's about the teleport mod. If you make a mistake, the bad consequences will not necessarily be obvious until later in the game, making it difficult to debug.

Roxanne, is the Vault mod similarly problematic?

#2259 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

Ser Elryk, is it all spells or specific spells? Divine Remix adds some spells... Is it just with those?

#2260 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:41 AM

zonx, thanks -- don't bother with play testing those problems, they are all known and solutions are in the works already, just not in yet.