Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2481 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:21 AM

* Item Revisions v4 download link reverted to v4b8 instead of master branch

* BG2EE/EET:  Added workaround for M#PIRBAN.ITM / IRv4 #1300 install error (move M#PIRBAN.ITM out of override temporarily, then back in)
* BG2EE/EET:  Removed M#PIRBAN / IRv4 workaround from BWS because BWFixpack now patches the original item from Amber NPC (thanks Lollorian!)

* BG2EE/EET:  Added conditional checks for other CMD workarounds in the BWS installation to reduce unnecessary commands in BWS log
* EET:  Added BiG World Smoothpack to pre-EET BG1EE installation

* Added BGEE / EET-compatible download link for K4thos' The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight 1.9 pre-release (not enabled in BWS selection yet)
* Added modname.ini file for White Agnus' Mur'Neth String Fixer (German) -- not enabled in BWS selection yet
* Added modname.ini file for CrevsDaak's www.urstuff2athkatla.com mod -- not enabled in BWS selection yet
* Added modname.ini file for AstroBryGuy's Neera Banters for BG:EE -- not enabled in BWS selection yet

* BWS:  Extract.au3 - Removed special handling for GitHub master branches - seems unnecessary after further testing
* BG1EE:  Reverted regex for Animal Companions' user-customizable name as attempted unicode support did not work

* Updated BiG World Fixpack download link

* BG2/BGT:  Lolfixer #4 marked Expert pending fix of random treasure drops by Obe's illusions in Candlekeep; Miloch's Creature Fixer is Recommended instead

* BG2/BGT:  Les Exiles de Lunargent (modname = devin) moved from Expert to Maximized pre-selection

* Updated rules for Sandrah and Return to Faerun

Edited by agb1, 17 January 2016 - 01:27 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2482 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

For Jarl's we have the same problem with other mods too, so the mod is marked Expert in BWS pending someone going through and revising it.

I'm revising both Tweak Pack and Adventure Pack :) :cheers:

#2483 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:43 PM

Good news, thanks Nightfarer!

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2484 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:32 PM

* BG2EE:  Stuff of The Magi added to selection (BWFixpack has been updated with patches for EE compatibility)

#2485 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:20 AM

I. Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair

At some point, Bioware intended for Artemis Entreri to show up in Bodhi's Lair (the Chapter Six fight) if you have asked Drizzt & Co. for assistance. This component restores this scenario. It has now been split into an optional component as some people would prefer Artemis to stay out of the game. Furtheremore, there are other mods that restore this scenario.

Just curios, is component 8 of UB (above)  safe to install with Reign of Terror? My current BWS doesn't give any warnings, conceptual or otherwise...

#2486 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

I. Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair

At some point, Bioware intended for Artemis Entreri to show up in Bodhi's Lair (the Chapter Six fight) if you have asked Drizzt & Co. for assistance. This component restores this scenario. It has now been split into an optional component as some people would prefer Artemis to stay out of the game. Furtheremore, there are other mods that restore this scenario.

Just curios, is component 8 of UB (above)  safe to install with Reign of Terror? My current BWS doesn't give any warnings, conceptual or otherwise...

There is no conflict - those things are independent. Even conceptually it fits since Artemis has resources that restore him time and time again, like a bad penny he turns up again. So the warning reflects more a an issue of taste and (my very personal opinion), even if you have him there, it does not really add much to the game. You do not miss much one way or other,

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2487 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:41 AM

Thanks for info, Roxanne. One more question though, if anyone know answer, it seems that Ding0 quest pack v.3.1 component 5 ( additional Shadow thieves content) is still corrupted? I mean, if you play with it when you report to Renal good news about dispatching Mae'var everyone turn hostile. Found it the hard way when this mod just came out, even reported it on mod's forum. I wouldn't like to make the same mistake twice...

#2488 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:49 AM

Triggering warnings out of a beta mod is not applicable and bad behaviour towards the makers of quality stuff
Could you please elaborate: are you asking for people who know about some crossmod issues (BWS maintainers) to intentionally not share this knowledge with BWS users so that said users would start facing problems 100 hours into game? How come?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#2489 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

Triggering warnings out of a beta mod is not applicable and bad behaviour towards the makers of quality stuff
Could you please elaborate: are you asking for people who know about some crossmod issues (BWS maintainers) to intentionally not share this knowledge with BWS users so that said users would start facing problems 100 hours into game? How come?

This is not what I meant at all.

If a beta mod at the low end of the pecking order has any problem with an accepted mod in BWS it is for the beta mod to adjust to that and not to throw blame to another mod by discriminating it as *not compatible*.

Facing problems with a mod in beta/expert status is something to be expected - that is the reason to mark it as such. Once the beta mod becomes released and the problem is still persistant, there may come a point to decide that two mods of equal status are not compatible.

The argument was that of course those issues are documented in the mods readme and it is best practice for someone willing to test a beta mod to look at least at this mods description/readme (I am nor saying you do that for ALL other mods). It is just not appropriate to (mis-)use BWS for this. BWS does its job by not recommending, not autoselecting, and marking as expert such a mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 18 January 2016 - 02:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2490 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

My commit yesterday introduced errors in the BG2EE selection, so if you got that one, please download this update to replace it if you plan to do a BG2EE install:

* BWS:  Select-Tree.au3 - For CMD lines, if there is more than one semicolon in the string, take whatever follows the last semicolon as a component requirement (i.e., only execute the CMD line if the component requirement is met) -- this feature was already implemented but required the CMD line to contain exactly 5 semicolons -- the syntax is now more flexible

* Rule corrections:
1. Faiths and Powers needs both IWDification #30 and #40 (Arcane and Divine spells)
2. Checked "choose one version of a BG1 NPC to reintroduce in BG2" conflict rules and added some missing BGTTweaks/BG1NPCSoA component numbers (note: BG1NPCSoA adds also in ToB, which arguably doesn't technically conflict with BGTTweak adding them in SoA, but content-wise these NPCs would have no continuity with both mods installed so considering it a conflict for now ... in the future we might want to pull these ToB-only components out as warning rules instead)
3. Fixed a typo (':' to '|') in Sandrah rules updated yesterday, removing unintended conflict warnings between unrelated BG1NPCSoA and BGTTweak components

As we do not currently have a category for 'testing' mods, not selecting such mods by default accomplishes the same result:

* Removed Sandrah mods from default pre-selections (to simplify adding the mod to pre-selections again in the future, just the first component of Sandrah NPC has been disabled, as all other components of Sandrah, RTF and TOT depend on that one and BWS automatically resolves this by disabling the rest).

More updates:

* New selection choices:
1. BG2EE:  Added Wings: Aerie expansion for BG2EE (https://forums.beamd...s-version-0-91b)
2. BG2EE:  Added Amber component #1 (multi-player friendly flirting tweak for Amber dialogue)

* Category changes:
1. BG2EE:  Moved Branwen BG2 NPC from NPC-Related section to NPCs section
2. BG2EE:  Moved Coran BG2 NPC from NPC-Related section to NPCs section
3. BG2EE:  Moved Sarevok Friendship from NPCs section to NPC-Related section

* BG2/BGT:  Lolfixer #4 (Inventory Overhauler) reverted to Recommended; Lolfixer #2 (Inventory Unbroker) removed from default pre-selection because it causes Obe's illusions to drop items

Updated BWS end-of-installation text (not yet reflected when using BWS with German or Russian interface):

Spoiler

Edited by agb1, 18 January 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#2491 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:30 PM

I just got this error, in my current BWS installation, any help would be very appreciated:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Stuff of the Magi

D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: No translation provided for @54
ERROR: parsing [StuffofTheMagi/scripts/wzrdset.baf]: Not_found
ERROR: Not_found
Stuff of the Magi (Stuff of the Magi) was not installed due to errors.

#2492 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

* BG2EE:  Added Mal des Vampirismus to Character-Kits (BWPFixpack patch has been added for EE compatibility - thanks Ineth!)

#2493 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

I just got this error, in my current BWS installation, any help would be very appreciated:

Dady, please close BWS and replace the file D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\stuffofthemagi\setup-stuffofthemagi.tp2 with the one attached to this post.

Also, copy the folder "iconv" (with its contents) from D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\BiG World Fixpack\_utils\iconv to D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\stuffofthemagi\iconv

Then re-run BWS.

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 18 January 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#2494 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Dady, please close BWS and replace the file D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\stuffofthemagi\setup-stuffofthemagi.tp2 with the one attached to this post.

Also, copy the folder "iconv" (with its contents) from D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\BiG World Fixpack\_utils\iconv to D:\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\stuffofthemagi\iconv

Then re-run BWS.

Oh, thanks for the fast and informative reply, I would have never figured this out by myself, I will do this immediately, thank you again.

Edited by dady977, 18 January 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#2495 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

So this ... 3rd... installation attempt in the past few days (as discussed elsewhere)... Everything seems to be working well, but I realized something. I don't think I got a pause during the installation of Item Randomizer's 'Randomly not Randomize Items' component. It should pause and ask for an input of the percentage number (and with previous installs it did so) but I simply don't remember seeing this this time around.

Checking the BW Debug file I see this:

##### Item Randomiser #####
### 0510: Randomly not randomise items ###
Ready for installation
type BWS_SUB.nul | Setup-randomiser.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view  --force-install-list 510 --logapp
[Setup-randomiser.exe] WeiDU version 23800
Using Language [English]

Installing [Randomly not randomise items] [proto-7 160110]

Please enter the chance for items to randomly not be randomised as a integet number (e.g. 10 for 10%)
Copying and patching 1 file ...

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED      Randomly not randomise items

C:\bgtbws>Randomly not randomise items (Item Randomiser) was installed successfully.

I don't see an entry for the percentage input, but then maybe it simply doesn't show up here regardless of whether there was a number inputted or not. Can anyone confirm either way?

[edit] Found this in randomizer.debug:

Please enter the chance for items to randomly not be randomised as a integet number (e.g. 10 for 10%)
User answer: "10"
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copied [...blank] to [override/flrc510.mrk]

So, the problem is this: I didn't enter that 10. I know for a fact I wouldn't have chosen a percentage that low. For some reason BWS this time around (I used a version updated within the last day or two) did not pause to give me an option to input the percentage number, and apparently grabbed the number from somewhere else (I do see an input txt file for Randomizer but it simply has 'y', not an integer, and this didn't occur with the previous installs with earlier versions of BWS) and went ahead and installed the component as it saw fit.

I'm just going to live with this forcefed choice as I simply have zero desire or time to attempt yet another install, but this is rather frustrating on top of all the other unpleasant surprises I've been getting the past few days. I appreciate all the work that's being done, but for the foreseeable future I probably will opt for a manual install if I get the energy to try again.

Edited by Ithildur, 18 January 2016 - 05:58 PM.

#2496 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:58 PM

The fact is, if the BWS would ask you to enter all the custom numbers, you would still be answering those question, to speed things up, the BWS, just like the BWP in the past uses default answers that have been set over the years.
Someone else needs to point from where those default answers are stored, but there's plenty of them. There's only a few mods that are specially set to take inserts from the installer, Widescreen mod being one of them. But for example, the Generalized Biffing mod takes a custom zero or one as an answer that you won't ever even see.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2497 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:14 PM

The fact is, if the BWS would ask you to enter all the custom numbers, you would still be answering those question

I'm sorry, but I think that's just a slight exaggeration. Statements like this is why I sometimes find it difficult to interact with your posts, Jarno; even though I realize you are trying to be at least somewhat helpful, it often comes off more as you're simply making blanket defensive statements without basis in reality, which rather than being helpful adds to the frustration factor.

Fact is, on a number of other mods I did get the prompts for input during install, and as far as I can tell I'm not 'still answering those questions'. As well, there are quite a few detailed choices that are selectable from the mod selection screen (significant improvement from earlier versions of BWS) which reduces the number of times this needs to happen; so in reality it's not that many times, it doesn't require user to sit there forever answering prompts, and the fact is BWS DID give the option to respond/input the desired percentage with previous installs, but for some reason this time did not.

Edited by Ithildur, 18 January 2016 - 06:16 PM.

#2498 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:40 PM

Suggestion (yeah, again :P just hear me out here lol)

Why not scrap the concept of non-uninstallable 'required' components and just use the normal mod dependancy system in the bws?

For eg: the bg2fixpack is not mandatory to install nej or even infinityanimations. Make the bg2foxpack a required dwpendancy for mods that actually require it.

I would assume every mod from G3 requires it and maybe every npc mod in shs.

Tl;dr: scrap the minimal install

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2499 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:50 PM

ir510.jpg

Ithildur, when you selected component 510 (randomly randomise some items), you overlooked the subcomponent.  BWS tries to fully automate the install phase and avoid any prompts.  The intent is for the user to enter any custom values for install prompts during the selection phase.  On the selection-tree view, you can right-click on editable sub-components to enter a custom value.  If you don't enter a custom value for these sub-components, BWS uses a default value (in this case 10).

#2500 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 06:55 PM

Tl;dr: scrap the minimal install

I don't see much value in supporting automation of installs without fixes.  BWFixpack is mandatory too.  We're trying to help users have more stable installs, not less.  Does BG2 Fixpack ever make the game less stable?