Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2721 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

Please upload your BiG World Fixpack\wildmage\setup-wildmage.tp2.patch

The version you have is clearly pointing to LionsWay ... but the version in the current Fixpack does not.  I can only conclude that your copy of the Fixpack is out of date.

Eureka!  https://github.com/B...052c4f861c628dd (this was the commit that fixed this bug, which was introduced in an earlier version of the Fixpack)

To fix your current game, you can use Near Infinity to move those two wm_ blocks from AR6600 to AR6526.

Edited by agb1, 01 February 2016 - 10:09 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2722 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:23 AM

* Updated The Picture Standard for BG:EE and BG2:EE to 0.6.6
* Updated many portrait dependency and conflict rules (please report any mistakes!)
* Revised installation order for almost all portraits to precede generalized biffing (you can still override afterwards, so no reason not to biff them)
* Generalized Biffing is now "Recommended" instead of "Minimal" (i.e., optional) for BG2/BGT/BG:EE/BG2:EE

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2723 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:47 AM

Eureka! 

To fix your current game, you can use Near Infinity to move those two wm_ blocks from AR6600 to AR6526.

I'm glad it's finally sorted.  I feel for all the work you did!  : )

If I cut and paste the two wm blocks, it will work for new games?  Guess I'll find out.

One last question.  Looking at the commits for BWS, it often lists tweaks and fixes and such.  Is there any quick way to find out if certain mods have been added to BWS short of downloading the latest version?  Is there a constantly updated list of all mods BWS handles?

For example, I recently learned of Tome and Blood on Beamdog forums.  Without bothering you all the time, how could one find out if new mods have been added or not?  I assume your policy is to NOT include mods that are still in development.

#2724 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

* Updated README.md
* Added AutoUpdate folder with a copy of git.exe
* AutoIt3.exe moved to Tools and marked as a hidden file
* BiG World Setup-DebugMode marked as a hidden file
* BiG World Setup.vbs is the recommended way to start BWS (auto-update and preserve local changes)
* BiG World Setup-Full-Update.vbs must be run at least once (auto-update and discard local changes)

#2725 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

The general rule with BWS is "always use the latest commit" ... and with the latest commit, that should now be more automated!

Our goal with BWS is to include all mods, even mods that are "pre-release" like Tome and Blood.  The process of adding mods to BWS includes analyzing the mods to discover conflicts and dependencies and this allows us to bring issues to the modders' attention.  If mods don't have a consistent download link, we have to update BWS manually each time there is a new release, which can be time consuming, so we encourage modders to host their mods on GitHub or blackwyrmlair or other sites that can give a consistent URL to always pull the latest version of the mod.

* BGT:  Revised Battles component #7 (Improved Wraith Sarevok) marked Expert due to suspicion of causing crashes at the end of BG1

Edited by agb1, 01 February 2016 - 11:49 AM.

#2726 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

@agb1

@Alien

Hey guys, I saw that you need some kind of logo or somehting? Did you mean something like this: BWS-Logo.png?dl=1

The Picture Standard  - "Go for the Eyes Bo!"

#2727 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

Here is a d20 dice (Icon package) what you could use for BWS: https://www.dropbox....DiceD20.7z?dl=0

#2728 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:23 AM

BWS-Logo1.png?dl=1

#2729 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:24 AM

BWS-Logo2.png?dl=1

#2730 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:25 AM

So, just throw some ideas in here or somewhere else, and either or somebody else from the community will surely help out.

#2731 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

This is the current image in BWS that we want to replace with one that includes all Infinity Engine games (the black background is rendered as transparent in the GUI):

gQUB0.jpg

#2732 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

I'm on it. Sometime today I will you give you a new option.

#2733 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:45 AM

Oh yeah, what do you want to call it?

Big World Setup

Big World Project

Big World

BWS?

If any Big World, do you want capital letters, small "i" or?

#2734 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:21 AM

Here are 2 pics. BWS%20LOGO.png?dl=1BWS%20LOGO2.png?dl=1

#2735 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:23 AM

I think that also should solve your resolution problem :lol2:

The main font is from Baldur's Gate, the "i" is from Icewind Dale... If you want any other font(-mix), then you got to tell me. ;)

Edited by Utopolyst, 03 February 2016 - 03:00 AM.

#2736 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 02:25 AM

Just PM me if you want them and I'll send you the link (for the png files -> transparency); if they're not downloadable from here for some reason...

Edited by Utopolyst, 03 February 2016 - 02:34 AM.

#2737 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:16 AM

BWS%20LOGO3.png?dl=1

#2738 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:37 AM

You could use the one with the world for the installer... small.JPG?dl=1

Edited by Utopolyst, 03 February 2016 - 04:40 AM.

#2739 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:04 AM

Now we only need to remove "stretch" picture with "fit" or something and make it so it scales with window size:

small2.JPG?dl=1

Edited by Utopolyst, 03 February 2016 - 07:06 AM.

#2740 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 03:01 PM

I decided that distributing git inside the BWS package makes the download too large (we were missing some files, and the full installer is 27MB), so I reverted to how it was before (git is not included in the BWS package), but I removed the start script that doesn't attempt to auto-update.  Now it will pop up a message recommending that users install Git for Windows separately.