Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2681 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:30 AM

Bugs:

1. If I save a preselection with lolfixer inventory clean/unbork components checked, they will be unchecked when I load the preselection.

2. If I check the lolfixer inventory clean/unbork components they get stuck as if they were mandatory from the beginning. If this is intentional, please reconsider. I most often skip precisely these 2 components.

3. No matter if the lolfixer components talked about in 1 & 2 are checked or not, the BWS will not install them. It acts as if I didn't mark them and makes no attempt to install them, or tell me that it does not. The rest of the lolfixer components work fine.

4. PaintBG does not get installed with BWS. At all. Log tells me "ready to install" and then it lists the components I choose. Then it just moves on to the next mod, without actually installing it. No errors or anything.

Thanks for the report.  Which game type are you using (guessing BG2/BGT)?

Sorry I should have specified. BGT.

With latest BWS, in the BGT selection tree, the lolfixer component 2 (unborker) is green and can be toggled on and off.  The component 3 (cleaner) was mandatory, but required 2.  I've modified latest BWS to make 3 optional.  Also added dependency rules between lolfixer components.  Please check if you can toggle these components using the latest build.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2682 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Hey agb1, I'm still getting this error in my latest (current) installation, you should fix it with your attached file:

SKIPPING: [Dawn of Vampirism]
This mod requires Throne of Bhaal to be installed!

The patch is updated in the latest BiG World Fixpack and I just tested it again to confirm that it works, so I assume your BWS didn't download the latest Fixpack for some reason.  I've pushed an update to BWS that should ensure that it will always download the BWFixpack again when you start a new install, so I hope this won't be an issue next time (if you use newer BWS).

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2683 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

1. If I save a preselection with lolfixer inventory clean/unbork components checked, they will be unchecked when I load the preselection.
 I can't reproduce this with latest BWS. If you still see this behavior, can you upload your preselection ini file somewhere so I can try it?
2. If I check the lolfixer inventory clean/unbork components they get stuck as if they were mandatory from the beginning. If this is intentional, please reconsider. I most often skip precisely these 2 components.
I couldn't reproduce this either, but I modified the lolfixer rules so please tell me if this is still not working for you with the latest BWS.
3. No matter if the lolfixer components talked about in 1 & 2 are checked or not, the BWS will not install them. It acts as if I didn't mark them and makes no attempt to install them, or tell me that it does not. The rest of the lolfixer components work fine.
4. PaintBG does not get installed with BWS. At all. Log tells me "ready to install" and then it lists the components I choose. Then it just moves on to the next mod, without actually installing it. No errors or anything.
These seem to be the same problem - BWS skipping a selected component without any apparent reason. Other users have reported similar issues. I have a theory about it, and I made a change 23 hours ago in the processing code that I thought might be responsible. Were you using a version of BWS older than that?

Edited by agb1, 29 January 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#2684 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:46 PM

I think the BUB.CRE install warning from SCS is caused by some missing ability files in Might and Guile's stalker kit, but I might be interpreting it incorrectly.  I've PM'd subtledoctor about it.

If that is the issue, it should be fixed now with M&G v1.6.2

#2685 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

BG2EE tactical preset, commit f4a43bd.

Some issues, possibly reported above:
Spoiler

I think the BUB.CRE install warning from SCS is caused by some missing ability files in Might and Guile's stalker kit, but I might be interpreting it incorrectly.  I've PM'd subtledoctor about it.

If that is the issue, it should be fixed now with M&G v1.6.2

edit: This does seem fixed in this install, cheers.

Attached Files

Edited by zonx, 29 January 2016 - 08:13 PM.

#2686 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 09:22 PM

zonx, is your BG2EE patched to version 1.3.2064?  Does setup-planarspheremod.tp2 have a REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_INCLUDES ~TOB~ @1 line or does it have a REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @1 line?

#2687 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:06 AM

Why does Standardize Shapeshifting from Klatu's Tweaks & Fixes never gets installed in my game? Here is the error, I always skip it, if someone can help me solve this error, I'd appreciate it:

Using Language [English]

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Standardize Shapeshifting

D:\GOG Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition>

ERROR: End_of_file
Standardize Shapeshifting (Klatu Tweaks and Fixes) was not installed due to errors.

EDIT: Looks like the error incurs when the setup asks you for confirmation of your selections:

You have selected the following options:

* Always incur 100% divine casting failure on polymorphed creatures (default)

* Always incur 100% arcane casting failure on polymorphed creatures (default)

Proceed with these choices? (enter 1 or 2)
1) Proceed with installation.
2) Re-select choices.
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Standardize Shapeshifting], rolling back to previous state.

When I install it manually and click on "1) Proceed with installation." it installs fine, with no problems.

Attached Files

Edited by dady977, 30 January 2016 - 02:05 AM.

#2688 dady977

dady977
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:12 AM

Regarding lolfixer, one report said that items had incorrect icons when you look at their descriptions (everything looked like a crate).  Do you see this?

By the way, this is correct, all of my items have incorrect icons when I click to see their details (their icons are normal in my inventory screen), examples (Dagger +1 & Gloves of the Priestly Ranger):

14IiRp0.jpg

Udhd1eL.jpg

lG43JFW.jpg

#2689 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:14 AM

Bug report

BWS = 6eefff49ac56 (January 2)

Mod = wildmage17.rar

Component = 0004, stationary BG1 Rhialto

Expected = Rhialto the wildmage waits on Candlekeep map for you to attack when you want.

Instead = He appears on Lion's Way, attacking immediately after Imoen joins.  Also discussions of problems with this mod indicate that Rhialto is supposed to turn into a squirrel at some point during combat.  This never happens.  I don't know what other scripted behavior he is supposed to have, so I don't know what other script commands are not firing.

Weidu =

~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Wild Mage Additions: New Wild Magic Spells: v1.7 BWP Fix
~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Misc spell modifications: v1.7 BWP Fix
~WILDMAGE/SETUP-WILDMAGE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Stationary BG1-Rhialto (haughty pansy mode): v1.7 BWP Fix

Links =

2009 discussion of script overwriting possibly from SCS or BP (post 15)

Mod website

Attached Files

• Attached File  WeiDU.7z   29.5K   131 downloads

#2690 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 06:39 AM

Bug report...
Expected = Rhialto the wildmage waits on Candlekeep map for you to attack when you want.

Instead = He appears on Lion's Way, attacking immediately after Imoen joins. 
What you expect is wrong... if you go west from the position where Imoen is, then you'll run into Rhialto who will attack you. He won't attack you strait away cause he won't be in the line of sight, but if you walk towards then yes, he is supposed to attack.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2691 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

With the "haughty pansy" component the expectation is that Rhialto will be standing near Candlekeep waiting. Without it, Rhialto will appear next to CHARNAME after the first time resting outdoors. What has been described seems like the "haughty pansy" component was not installed (did you rest after meeting Imoen)? But you do have the component in the WeiDU log.

#2692 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:58 AM

What you expect is wrong... if you go west from the position where Imoen is, then you'll run into Rhialto who will attack you. He won't attack you strait away cause he won't be in the line of sight, but if you walk towards then yes, he is supposed to attack.

No.  If I stand in place and don't move, Rhialto will walk up and attack.  If I move anywhere on the map, he will zoom in on me and attack.  There is no way to avoid him.

With the "haughty pansy" component the expectation is that Rhialto will be standing near Candlekeep waiting. Without it, Rhialto will appear next to CHARNAME after the first time resting outdoors. What has been described seems like the "haughty pansy" component was not installed (did you rest after meeting Imoen)? But you do have the component in the WeiDU log.

He is appearing on Lion's Way map, not Candlekeep.  I did not rest at all.

1) Imoen walks up and joins

2) Rhialto walks up soon after and attacks

#2693 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:04 AM

Okay, so I DLd Fraps, made some recordings and ULd them.

Part 1

Part 2

If you pause right at the start, you can see the text from Gorion's fight followed by some odd text that I assume is supposed to be hidden.  Fraps only records 30 sec, so I had to do it in two parts.  The game speed is a frame rate of 60, and Rhialto shows up about 5-10 seconds after the first video ends.

I can only guess at possible reasons.

Frame rate of 60 messing Rhialto up

Talking to Gorion at time 2300, so after death cutscene counts as a "rest"?

Script overwrites by BP, SCS, or similar mod

That's all the info I can think of, HTH.

Edited by Gay Lord, 30 January 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#2694 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

I can only guess at possible reasons.

Some mod probably just added Rhialto a random walk script... you can walk away from that .. you have plenty of time.

Aka you don't have to stand there ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2695 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for the video.  Can you upload your setup-wildmage.debug?  I'm curious if there were any warnings during the installation of component 4.

I am also curious if Rhialto is duplicated.  Can you try running (or teleporting with CTRL-Y) past him to the left (back to Candlekeep) and see if another copy of Rhialto is standing there?

#2696 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:58 AM

Some mod probably just added Rhialto a random walk script... you can walk away from that .. you have plenty of time.

Aka you don't have to stand there ...

Rhialto follows us all over the map.  He appears to stand in place for 30 seconds after spawning, and then zooms in to our location.  He does not wander.

EDIT

To clarify, I DON'T have plenty of time.  If I try to explore the area, as a newbie should, he shows up and kills us.  If I make a beeline for Gorion's corpse to loot the stuff, he shows up and kills us.  If we skip Gorion and race to get Xzar and Monty, we can flee the map before he reaches us, but that means leaving Gorion's stuff behind.

It is impossible to explore the map in peace because he will show up and kill us before we get anywhere.  The only way to escape is to metagamey know he's coming, which is made worse since the mod adds a scroll to Gorion's corpse warning Gorion about a wildmage in the area, which we won't know about unless we metagame, since Rhialto kills us so quickly.

Thanks for the video.  Can you upload your setup-wildmage.debug?  I'm curious if there were any warnings during the installation of component 4.

I am also curious if Rhialto is duplicated.  Can you try running (or teleporting with CTRL-Y) past him to the left (back to Candlekeep) and see if another copy of Rhialto is standing there?

I will do so now. 

Any idea what the extra text in the video signifies?  Could that indicate a bad install with something?  I've noticed it mentions rogues, so I wonder if some thief mod is responsible.

EDIT

No copy on Candlekeep.  (Teleport is CTRL-J.  CTRL-Y kills me  : P   Did you feel Rhialto wasn't killing me enough, and wanted to kill me too?)  : )

Attached Files

Edited by Gay Lord, 30 January 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#2697 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

Oops.  Sorry about that.

The messages about "Go to the next rogue." look familiar but I did a couple of searches and didn't come up with anything.  I think that's unrelated to this problem.

No warnings in the debug file.  It seems component 4 installed successfully.

Please check the values of these globals:

CLUAConsole:Global("wm_start","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:Global("wm_bgt","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL")

Also, edit your TobEx_ini\TobExCore.ini [Debug] section and set everything to 1, then play through this scene until Imoen joins you then upload your tobex.log.  TobEx will log Rhialto's creature ID -- I'm wondering if Rhialto is wm_rhia1.cre or wm_rhia3.cre, because there are scripts for creating both but the one for wm_rhia3.cre places him at coordinates [200.3200] whereas the one for wm_rhia1.cre places him next to CHARNAME (I'm thinking that it's also possible that he was placed next to CHARNAME just before the game teleported CHARNAME to the location where the meeting with Imoen occurs).

#2698 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

* Converted some conflict warnings to auto-resolved conflict rules (still ignorable by experts)
* Added Eternal Imoen 6.1 and Rjali Romance 5.1 (BG2, BGT and BG2:EE)
* Added new EET Tweaks component #31 (BG2:EE and EET)
* Re-enabled BWP "SR consistence" dialog.tlk corrections

#2699 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:22 PM

Please check the values of these globals:

CLUAConsole:Global("wm_start","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:Global("wm_bgt","GLOBAL")

CLUAConsole:Global("ENDOFBG1","GLOBAL")

I don't know how to check them in-game, sorry.  I tried entering them just like this, but the game said "call expression not a function".

Anyhoo, I used EE keeper and looked at my save after Imoen joins but before Rhialto attacks, and there's a value of 1 for both "wm_start" and "wm_bgt".  There was no listing at all of "ENDOFBG1".

I edited the TobExCore.ini.  You didn't mention starting a new game, so I assume it was okay to test with my existing saves.  I loaded from right before leaving Candlekeep with Gorion.  I went through the cutscene, had imoen join, saved, and have uploaded the TobEx.log.  Trying to help you and save you time, I found this section in it:

DETOUR_CVariableMap::DETOUR_Add(): Map[0x59F504A]->RANDOMSET20302271_0(id=370)=1
DETOUR_CVariableMap::DETOUR_Add(): Map[0x59F504A]->RANDOMBEENSET20302271(id=189)=1
DETOUR_CVariableMap::DETOUR_Add(): Map[0x2B38DC8]->WM_BGT(id=133)=1
DETOUR_CVariableMap::DETOUR_Add(): Map[0x2B38DC8]->WM_START(id=342)=1
[Sat 30 Jan 2016 16:57:57] AREA-TRANSITION: CGameSprite::AddToArea id = 12452151 ; Name = Rhialto the Marvelous; AreaName = AR6600
DETOUR_CVariableMap::DETOUR_Add(): Map[0x59F5052]->WM_RHIA1(id=509)=12452151
[Sat 30 Jan 2016 16:57:57] CreateCreature : CREATURE : (wm_rhia3) @ ( 192, 3192 )

AR6600 is the map he's appearing on, along with Xzar and Monty.  I don't know why it mentions both rhia1 and rhia3.

In case it helps, he isn't spawning near charname up near Gorion in the middle of the map.  He spawns along the path to Candlekeep, due west of where Imoen joins you.

Attached Files

• Attached File  TobEx.7z   6.84K   132 downloads

Edited by Gay Lord, 30 January 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#2700 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 02:40 PM

Thanks.  I can't look into this further until tomorrow, I think.