Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2761 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:40 AM

The compatibility problems with Jarl's pack are much bigger than just NToTSC.  Jarl's implementation removes original game creatures and substitutes its own with different file names, so any content that other mods add to the original creatures will not be seen in the game.  We have not analyzed this in detail to come up with a full list of conflicts.  The game as a whole will not break if you install it, but it will certainly interfere with other mods.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2762 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for all your help agb1.  Has anyone reported issues with items not breaking from the iron crisis?  My party made it to L3 and I don't recall a single item breaking, me or monsters.  I may have just been really unlucky, don't know.  Do you know of a way to edit the percentage chance for item breakage?

EDIT

This was with my current install from a month ago, not the latest BWS.

Edited by Gay Lord, 07 February 2016 - 09:03 AM.

#2763 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

Did you install the BGT Tweak components for altered shattering and enemy item shattering?

Only specific items are affected by the shattering scripts.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2764 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:59 AM

I thought all +0 mundane items would shatter: weapons, armor, helms, and maybe shields.  Sure, magic items don't shatter, but I thought all the normal gear would.

Yes, I have BGT tweaks as well as IR shatterfix.

You don't have to do another investigation, I was just wondering if others had reported it, or if the RNG simply hadn't broken anything.  I LOVE items breaking, and am sad they haven't been.

#2765 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

I thought all +0 mundane items would shatter: ... armor, helms, and maybe shields.

Thah, you know, you would be lucky to strike with those and break it in your hands... yep, the script is launched by an effect that the items suffers from each time the user hits with the said item and then it's checks if it turns to broken weapon. So none of those qualify.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2766 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

So none of those qualify.

I was thinking this applied, from BGT Tweaks:

Altered item shattering: This component modifies the kinds of items that shatter. There are two options for this component:

Remove item shattering: For those people who just hate it when their items shatter as if they were made of talc, this component prevents shattering of all items.
        Make armor and shields shatter (for BGT-WeiDU v1.05b or above): Armor and shields also shatter, identical to the item shattering behaviour of BGT-WeiDU v1.05a or below.

http://readme.spellh...TweakReadme.htm

Tutu Tweaks also affected helms, IIRC.

EDIT

Is there a place where I can read comments about why one component of a mod was chosen over another?  For example, I'm going through the BWS mod list and I'm not sure why Region of Terror isn't selected, or why Aran Whitehand has soundset and music selected, but not voiced lines.

I'm looking at https://bitbucket.or...its/all?search= and seeing the changes, but not why.

EDIT 2

Okay, I see Aran doesn't HAVE voiced lines.

Edited by Gay Lord, 07 February 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#2767 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

Aran has a complicated component list and I suspect we don't have it quite right in BWS at the moment.  There's no particular reason for the current choices as far as I know.  Suggestions for better defaults are welcome.

When you say Region of Terror was not selected, what do you mean?  It should be selected by default if you choose the Maximized pre-selection.

Edited by agb1, 07 February 2016 - 06:29 PM.

#2768 -Serignuad-

-Serignuad-

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

I never got a chance to play the BG series and I've recently decided to "fix" this oversight. After trying to fumble about with manually installing mods I was about at the point of giving up on it (and possible BG) as a task too complicated. At that time, I stumbled upon the BWS. It's exactly what someone like me needs and I want to thank everyone involved in the project! Your labor of love is very much acknowledged by me and very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

A question and a pie-in-the-sky(?) idea.

Question:

1. kit_rev (component 0) is preferred to aTweaks (component 125)... - There are several references to "kit_rev" but I do not and have not seen where they are listed or choosable. Am I missing it somewhere? Is it labelled as something different than "kit_rev"?

Idea/Observation:

2. I spend the most time during my BWS installs (though less so now that I've learned to save/export my choices) trying to find the "preferred" option of any particular rule Tweak that I want to try out and enable. Pertaining to the suggested preferences that BWS is giving, I think it would be a wonderfully useful thing if there was an option to right-click on any component and choose or enable the "preferred" component.

So in the above example. When I click on the ATweaks component for example, 125: Ranger's Animal empathy improved with experience I am given the above dialog (kit_rev (component 0) is preferred to aTweaks (component 125...). The idea is for me to be able to right-lick on that 125 component and enable the preferred option to it rather than me track down the kit_rev option, enable it and then find my way back to where I was originally so I can resume where I left off.

Again Thank you so much for sharing your work with the rest of us coding newbies.

#2769 -Serignuad-

-Serignuad-

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

I never got a chance to play the BG series and I've recently decided to "fix" this oversight. After trying to fumble about with manually installing mods I was about at the point of giving up on it (and possible BG) as a task too complicated. At that time, I stumbled upon the BWS. It's exactly what someone like me needs and I want to thank everyone involved in the project! Your labor of love is very much acknowledged by me and very much appreciated. THANK YOU!

A question and a pie-in-the-sky(?) idea.

Question:

1. kit_rev (component 0) is preferred to aTweaks (component 125)... - There are several references to "kit_rev" but I do not and have not seen where they are listed or choosable. Am I missing it somewhere? Is it labelled as something different than "kit_rev"?

Idea/Observation:

2. I spend the most time during my BWS installs (though less so now that I've learned to save/export my choices) trying to find the "preferred" option of any particular rule Tweak that I want to try out and enable. Pertaining to the suggested preferences that BWS is giving, I think it would be a wonderfully useful thing if there was an option to right-click on any component and choose or enable the "preferred" component.

So in the above example. When I click on the ATweaks component for example, 125: Ranger's Animal empathy improved with experience I am given the above dialog (kit_rev (component 0) is preferred to aTweaks (component 125...). The idea is for me to be able to right-lick on that 125 component and enable the preferred option to it rather than me track down the kit_rev option, enable it and then find my way back to where I was originally so I can resume where I left off.

Again Thank you so much for sharing your work with the rest of us coding newbies.

#2770 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Welcome!

Question:

You can enter 'kit_rev' in the Search box to the upper right to find it (Kit Revisions in this case).  It is the "setup-name" of that mod, i.e., the mod that has an installer named setup-kit_rev.exe.  When you select the top line of that mod (Kit Revisions), you will also see 'kit_rev' in the underlined text above the description at the bottom of the window.

Idea/Observation:

This is a good idea.  Note however that 'preferred' does not necessarily mean that you *should* use that component, just that if you do choose that component, it might be better to use it than to use other alternatives.  To explain this more, we often designated recently updated mods as 'preferred' to increase the likelihood that players will try new or active mods and give feedback to the modders.  This 'preferred' status does not necessarily imply any flaw in the alternatives, so you should choose the one that matches your personal preferences, or ask for more information if you are unsure.

Edit:  the particular rule you used as an example reflects the fact that Kit Revisions component #0 includes content similar to aTweaks component #125, so it would be redundant to use both.  However, Kit Revisions component #0 is a substantial overhaul, whereas aTweaks component #125 is a very specific tweak.  You should consider whether you want the other changes that Kit Revisions #0 makes before you choose it over aTweaks #125.

Edited by agb1, 07 February 2016 - 07:27 PM.

#2771 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:16 PM

Kit Revisions component #0 includes content similar to aTweaks component #125, so it would be redundant to use both.  However, Kit Revisions component #0 is a substantial overhaul, whereas aTweaks component #125 is a very specific tweak.  You should consider whether you want the other changes that Kit Revisions #0 makes before you choose it over aTweaks #125.

I was about to post something like, "KR is a substantial overhaul, while aTweaks #125 is a very specific tweak!"  But then you beat me to is. 

My question now, is, why is KR #0 "preferred" over aTweaks?  If someone clicks that aTweaks component because they want to tweak Ranger empathy, there is no indication that they also want to overhaul Berserkers and Fighters and Monks and the thac0 table and the saving throw tables etc. etc. etc.  Plus, KR is still very much in beta, while that aTweaks component has been released and bug-fixed for years now.  Seems to me that in this specific case, and also generally, BWS should err on the side of "preferring" the more specific component over the broader one...  (Or better yet, don't editiorialize at all!  Or even better yet, editorialize with more information so the player can make a better decision!)

Just a humble suggestion.

#2772 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:20 PM

This particular rule is a case of "no one has looked at it for a while", I think.  Preferring specific over broad is a good suggestion, but one of the functions of the conflict rules is to allow for automatic resolution of conflicts by disabling all except the "most preferred" of the selected (i.e., if a rule says A > B > C > D and only B and D are active, then B is the "most preferred" in that order and will be kept, while D will be disabled ... if the user doesn't resolve the conflict manually by choosing between them).  If the broad subsumes the specific, is it better to resolve the conflict by disabling the broad or by disabling the specific?

Some updates:

Tome and Blood #4 for EE only
Demoted Kit Revisions in conflict rules
Updated Argent77's Disable EE NPCs to v3.1
Added sub-component choices for Turambar's Tweaks #5011 (Bladesinger kit for Keiria)

Edited by agb1, 07 February 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#2773 Serignuad

Serignuad
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:29 PM

After a little amateurish digging (I am NOT a coder) it appears that Kit Revisions is not a listed option for either the BG:EE or the BG2:EE versions of the BWS.

I searched for "kit_rev" in quotations and kit_rev without any in the upper right Search field of the BWS program (but using the BG:EE game option). I didn't get any results (and I really tried making sure I wasn't just simply missing it). After Googling for kit_rev, I found an earlier post in this thread that stated "kit_rev" was missing from the setup.txt file. Armed with a new place to look, I searched for kit_rev in the setup.text /config files of the BWS directories, which also produced no results (in either :EE config folders). However, I did find a positive match in the BWP setup.txt config folder. I'm going to take a guess that Kit Revisions (latest version being KRb20.rar/setup-kit_rev.exe?) and is still packaged for the non-EE versions of the game?

Also, I'm not sure why that unregistered -Serignuad- is double-posting.. but as a newly registered member with the same name and the exact same issue, I apologize on his behalf ;) (and hopefully you will only see one of these posts).

Edited by Serignuad, 07 February 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#2774 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

Your analysis is correct.  The rules are common for EE and non-EE games but not all mods are available for both game types.  We could hide the parts of the rules that aren't available, I suppose.

#2775 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:49 AM

BP gives AMTGEN01 the item DAGG25 without adding DAGG25 to the game. DAGG25 is added by the function process_stores, which evidently does not get called on all code paths where DAGG25 is used.

I've added a rule for this -- BP's Improved Watcher's Keep component (1750) needs items that are installed by BP's Add magic Bags and Throwing Daggers to Stores component (35).

#2776 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:34 AM

When you say Region of Terror was not selected, what do you mean?  It should be selected by default if you choose the Maximized pre-selection.

THE BIG BG2 MODS - Region of Terror component 0000 is deselected by default.

#2777 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

BWS:  Depend.au3 - Fixed erroneous conflict detection for rules of the form "C:a|b:c" that was incorrectly causing b to be considered in conflict with a (thanks to Gay Lord for reporting this!)
Updated some rules and removed some installation workarounds that are no longer needed

#2778 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

Marked BGII-Subrace component 2 Expert because it overwrites Imoen and breaks BGT->BG2 intro cutscene if she was not in party in BG1 (http://www.shsforums...rting/?p=586964)

#2779 Gay Lord

Gay Lord
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

BWS: Depend.au3 - Fixed erroneous conflict detection for rules of the form "C:a|b:c" that was incorrectly causing b to be considered in conflict with a (thanks to Gay Lord for reporting this!)

Uh... yes! Yes, I... knew that. I knew that a2 + b2 /= c2, or something. Because I, Greywolf, solved that by myself. Yes, I am Greywolf and I... did what you said!

On a side note, it was a bit of a treat to suddenly see my name pop up when I activated BWS tonight. Thanks, I needed that. : )

EDIT

I keep getting the unlink messages, every time it updates. It keeps saying this and that file aren't unlinking, error, index problem...

EDIT 2

Links (1st link is download page, 2nd link is direct download)

I don't know how useful these links are. Most of the first links are already in BWS, though I think Coondred is not. I don't know if Mediafire, which most of these links are, allows the direct DL link to work. People can test it.

Animus.zip

https://docs.google....4NXc/edit?pli=1

https://docs.google....export=download (Opera browser blocks)

Volcanic Armoury 1.5

http://www.mediafire...cArmoury1.5.rar

http://download1384....cArmoury1.5.rar

Crusader Pack 4.3

http://www.mediafire...aderPack4.3.rar

http://download1290....aderPack4.3.rar

Legion of Hell

http://www.mediafire...nzla/LOHMod.zip

http://download1615....nzla/LOHMod.zip

Coondred 1.3

http://www.mediafire...Coondred1.3.rar

http://download1140....Coondred1.3.rar

Huple NPC

http://corellon.clan...ple_NPC_1.4.rar

---

Polytweak

http://www.mediafire...ytweak_v2.0.rar

http://download1965....ytweak_v2.0.rar

Full Plate and Packing Steel

http://www.mediafire...lplate-v2.2.zip

http://download2138....lplate-v2.2.zip

Sentrizeal's Alternate Avatar Pack
http://www.sentrizeal.com/pst_7.htm

http://www.sentrizeal.com/downloaditm5 (this is DL link, but wouldn't directly DL. Had to DL from pst_7 page)

Wheels of Prophecy

http://gibberlings3....ds&showfile=971

http://gibberlings3....ownload&id=3035

(this DL is for Windows / there is a DL for Mac)

Hope these help

Edited by Gay Lord, 09 February 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#2780 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

Marked BGII-Subrace component 2 Expert because it overwrites Imoen and breaks BGT->BG2 intro cutscene if she was not in party in BG1 (http://www.shsforums...rting/?p=586964)

The BGT intro bug can be fixed by installing subrace before BGT if that is possible (it should still be expert since it overwrites :P)

EDIT: Ooooooor we could do this :lol:

Edited by Lollorian, 09 February 2016 - 08:25 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod