Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2901 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:24 PM

I tried to change the option for the tome selling NPC to carry his full stock of tomes. At present it is set for zero.

#2902 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:30 PM

Did you edit the tp2?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2903 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

No. Is that something I need to do?

#2904 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

No; I was just confused by your statement.  The debug log shows a lot of problems before the out of memory error.  I have no idea what was the original cause of the problem.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2905 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Ok. The Kit Tomes mod adds either a NPC that sells tomes that let you apply kits or it can be setup to add a quest giver that rewards you with tomes along with the vendor NPC. When BWS installed the mod it added both NPCs but it used the option that sets the vendor's stock to zero tomes instead of the options for 1, 3, or 6 tomes per kit. I was going through the setup-kittomes.exe to change that.

#2906 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

Oh, you were manually reinstalling the mod ... If you do that after other mods were installed, the reinstall process will first try to undo all of the later installations and then redo them after making the change. It is rarely safe to manually reinstall a mod -- the exception is if it is close to the end of the installation, after generalized biffing.

#2907 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

So...not possible to change one as high in the load order as that one?

#2908 -Sauler-

-Sauler-

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:22 AM

I have a question: i am installing bws for bg2:EE. After extract and install phase, bws proceed to be fix certains mods, but prompt window is always empty (is black, don't pop up strings, codes, ecc.). The process is "Running batch command". Is normal that prompt window don't show me this process?

#2909 -Sauler-

-Sauler-

Posted 08 March 2016 - 02:46 AM

I have a question: i am installing bws for bg2:EE. After extract and install phase, bws proceed to be fix certains mods, but prompt window is always empty (is black, don't pop up strings, codes, ecc.). The process is "Running batch command". Is normal that prompt window don't show me this process?

Resolved! it was a problem during installation of file.

#2910 -Sauler-

-Sauler-

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

It is raccomanded to use install.bat after bws installation for clean no-needed files or not? It is dangerous for installation?

#2911 Utopolyst

Utopolyst
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

@-Sauler- Yes, you can use bigworldinstall.bat to remove files, AFTER bws installation. I would actually recommend it, if you biffed and/or need disk space. It isn't dangerous for the installation, but cleaning won't let you alter your bws installation anymore (well not properly anyway). Meaning you wil have to install anew bws if you plan to add or remove components.

You can also just start playing and if you find out that your setup works for you, you can always go back and do the clean-up. If you then suddenly decide to change your setup. well you'll have to do everything again. But that isn't too much of a hastle if you let BWS make a Backup for you and if you also exported your setup configuration. Just let it restore it, import your configuration, change the things you want, save and export the config, and let it install anew. Testplay, and if you like it, and are sure you don't want to change anything else, do clean-up. No brainer.

The Picture Standard  - "Go for the Eyes Bo!"

#2912 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

If we are talking about this: http://www.shsforums...04-clean-upbat/

then you should read it and decide...

#2913 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

It is raccomanded to use install.bat after bws installation for clean no-needed files or not? It is dangerous for installation?

Not an expert, but i'd say you're probably better off leaving them in case you have to change something. It doesn't seem to hurt game stability.

#2914 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

Not an expert, but i'd say you're probably better off leaving them in case you have to change something. It doesn't seem to hurt game stability.

Those files are not used during game play, so there is no gain/loss in game performance (for better game performance use general biffing). These files are used for installation purpose and/or in case of re-installation. The backup folders are also useful to recover older file versions in case you encounter bugs.

The only good reason to remove the files is disc space. You may consider removing them if you urgently need the space AND are pretty confident that you will not apply any changes to the game installation at a later stage.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2915 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

It is recommended to use install.bat after bws installation for clean no-needed files or not? It is dangerous for installation?

The files that the .bat deletes are required to do proper debugging of errors, and possible easy to implement fixes... so unless you really want to throw away your hours of work to make a reinstall when you find a yet unfixed bug, to save a few gigabytes of space... I wouldn't recommend to run the .bat ...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2916 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:01 AM

Agb1/Imp:  I thought to post here as well as my thread.

For Sandrah mod, BWS does not have the same code as BWP for resolving worldmap issue with Sandrah mod.  This means that BWS users will need to do a manual workaround.  Greenhorn experienced this issue and so did I (yes I tried/tested BWS).  BWP works.  I would suggest copying the BWP code into BWS so BWS will automatically load Sandrah.

#2917 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:17 AM

@Jourin Hi Jourin. Writing you here (yeah I know it's the wrong thread and all). I also read you are unable to login. Well,I do remember you were saying to let you know about Jarls update (to proofread translation). I was just wondering if you would give a hand to proofread translations of mine of other mods that did not yet make into Textpack or mod. I am definitely in need of help.

#2918 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

Agb1/Imp:  I thought to post here as well as my thread.

For Sandrah mod, BWS does not have the same code as BWP for resolving worldmap issue with Sandrah mod.  This means that BWS users will need to do a manual workaround.  Greenhorn experienced this issue and so did I (yes I tried/tested BWS).  BWP works.  I would suggest copying the BWP code into BWS so BWS will automatically load Sandrah.

Before starting any unnecessary activity, please note that Sandrah is no longer available for BGT and should consequently be removed from BWS (and BWP of course).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2919 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:59 PM

Nightfarer,

Yes I forgot my password so I cannot log in.  The admin's are not responding to reset my password.  I cannot get a new user ID because my e-mail account is already associated with Jourin, so stuck as guest.  Met me on the other thread and we can discuss.

#2920 -Jourin-

-Jourin-

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:03 PM

Agb1/Imp:  I found the problem with Ascalon Breagar.  It fails if loaded after Ascalons Quest, but works if loaded before.  Since they are both by the same author I assume it is intentional.  If you change the install order in BWS, both should load with no problem.  This just applies to the first component of Breagar.  The second PID component can still be added later in current position.