Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2941 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

ahh okay, it waits for the expansion right?

#2942 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

ahh okay, it waits for the expansion right?
That and the v2.0 patch for the BG1EE and BG2EE that is promised to be released just before the BGEE:Siege off the Dragonspear...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2943 -UnChienAndalou-

-UnChienAndalou-

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

Here are 2 pics. BWS%20LOGO.png?dl=1BWS%20LOGO2.png?dl=1

I won't be read the entire topic, so I just ask, there are other games (I mean P:T and IwD I-II) in BWS? These icons make a really *strong* suggestion (or even assuring) that yes. If they aren't, it's nothing more than a forgery or deception (and I won't name that kind of person).

#2944 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:59 AM

I won't be read the entire topic, so I just ask, there are other games (I mean P:T and IwD I-II) in BWS? These icons make a really *strong* suggestion (or even assuring) that yes. If they aren't, it's nothing more than a forgery or deception (and I won't name that kind of person).
They are independently in the BWS, you need to select a game in one of the very early selection menues ..So yes they are in there.
You could have just downloaded the tool and find out yourself... there's no forgeries here.

Edited by The Imp, 16 March 2016 - 10:01 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2945 -UnChienAndalou-

-UnChienAndalou-

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for the answer, even if it don't reach my question. You know, one may be confused, that there is possible have all 5 in one game (on this way works big instalators like BWP or just BGT - combine all (this case BG I & II) in one. And that I asked. A bit shame I suppose. Anyway what it could do with P:T - make an gigainstall with two or three additional mods?

Regs

PS. This captcha sucks, I had an impression of my kindergarten's time

#2946 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 11:03 AM

You mean you wish for a game that combines all the others into one. So no, those in the currently are different games: PST, BG1EE, BG2:ToB, IwD, IwD2, along with the others that are not actually shown that are: BG2EE, the IwDEE and the Classic Adventures total conversion.
Well that's kinda coming... in EET, as it can have IwDs-in-BG2EE's as an additional mod addon to top toe BG1EE + BGEE:SotD -in-BG2EE. And nope, there's no way you can add the PST into that, that's just silly... well unless you make a resurrection game... :P You know, the kind that when you die in BG1 you wake up in PST, solve the whole freaking game and wake up in BG1 again, whith you whole party long since dead. Ouh, and when you die again, well you start the PST again fresh from the beginning.
You'll of course have to have the EE game with you to combine a part of them to the others.

And yeah, the above icon is actually wrong in that it has the BG2:SoA icon all the while it only accepts the ToB version of the game. But the BG1EE's and the ToB's icons would be so very similar ...

Edited by The Imp, 16 March 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#2947 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:49 AM

Someone is actually working right now on a "PST-in-BGEE" total conversion mod. :) ...but I don't have any details other than someone is playing around with it.

@imp that idea is actually amazing for integrating all these games... play BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, CA all as intervals between death/rebirth in PST...

#2948 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:44 AM

Well what is SoD? :D Probably Siege of Dragonspear right?

#2949 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:55 AM

Well what is SoD? :D Probably Siege of Dragonspear right?

Right

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2950 Vlad

Vlad
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:44 AM

Why not to add Fallout, Arcanum, maybe integrate NWN1&2 and then move to space in KotoR?  :lol:

#2951 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:32 AM

Why not to add Fallout, Arcanum, maybe integrate NWN1&2 and then move to space in KotoR?  :lol:

Well, the Near Infinity doesn't support them(some. any longer)... and besides, if you add too many games, and you can only realistically use it to one game at a time, adding several not completely related game has no good sides.

#2952 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:13 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Vlad" data-cid="588367" data-time="1458297871"><p>
Why not to add Fallout, Arcanum, maybe integrate NWN1&2 and then move to space in KotoR?  :lol:</p></blockquote>

Because these games are not set in Forgotten Realms, I presume :)

Edited by Cahir, 18 March 2016 - 04:13 AM.

#2953 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 04:38 AM

NWN1&2

Because these games are not set in Forgotten Realms, I presume :)
Wikipedia:
Neverwinter Nights is set in the fantasy world of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting,
MAN, You might wish to check things before you say them... I knew this, playing the thing, or just seeing the box, so the Wiki-quote was just for validity ...

#2954 DandyDev

DandyDev
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:04 PM

Hi there! I'm trying to install BGT together with a lot of mods using Big World Setup, one of them being Tortured Souls. The problem is that Tortured Souls needs Baldurdash 1.68 or Baldurdash 1.73 as dependencies. Baldurdash 1.68 can be downloaded nowhere and neither can 1.73. Baldurdash 1.74 however, is available here with the actual download link here.

BWS says that BDash 1.68 is preferred over 1.73. Why is that? 

And is that still the case with 1.68 vs 1.74?

Also, 1.73 is marked as "expert". Is that still necessary?

Thanks in advance!

edit: when I edit the BWS configuration files so that it accepts Baldurdash 1.74 and the newer TS 7.0.5 (BWS has 7.0.4 listed), I end up with this error when BWS tries to install TS:

ERROR locating resource for 'APPEND'
Resource [KACHIJ.DLG] not found in KEY file:
	[./chitin.key]
ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [TS/bgtdlg/KachiJ.d]: Failure("resource [KACHIJ.DLG] not found for 'APPEND'")
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.

Edited by DandyDev, 18 March 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#2955 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:17 AM

Is Leonardo still active? His last update to the fixpack was in July..

#2956 -BlackClan-

-BlackClan-

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:13 AM

Download link is broken for The Grey Clan Episode I: In Candlelight (pre-release)

#2957 -Dragonspear-

-Dragonspear-

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:47 PM

Game is updated to 2.0, since then the game no longer generates baldur.ini, it now generates and uses baldur.lua in my documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder. BWS needs to detect the presence of baldur.ini in said folder, but if you fresh install BGEE(or BG2EE) BWS reports required baldur.ini is missing, and directs user to start the game and make a save file.

To circumvent this problem, all you need to do is make a baldur.ini file in said folder. A blank file works fine.

#2958 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:25 PM

Just want to note for the BWS guys, I have updated my mods to be compatible with the EE 2.0 patch.  (Might & Guile, Scales of Balance, NPC_EE)

Also, SoB component 205, revised hit dice tables, has been split into two subcomponents, DESIGNATED 206 (more generous hit dice) and 207 (hardcore hit dice).

#2959 -Fenryr-

-Fenryr-

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:27 AM

It seems like 2.0 has broken a few mods. Since I installed the recommended mods from BiG i can't really tell which one it is but in the prologue there is a lady  in the inn (near firebead) and her name is off  and so is the dialog with her... So I assume for the time being no mods :crying:  

#2960 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:40 AM

It seems like 2.0 has broken a few mods. Since I installed the recommended mods from BiG i can't really tell which one it is but in the prologue there is a lady  in the inn (near firebead) and her name is off  and so is the dialog with her... So I assume for the time being no mods :crying:  

This may give you a hint of what the problem is

http://gibberlings3....e=6#entry243209

Weidu mod patches dialoge.tlk file but the game uses a new dialoge file with the patch and SoD.

Edited by Roxanne, 01 April 2016 - 07:42 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*