Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3241 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:42 AM

Was just testing out the bg2ee recommended preset with all the npc's added (I think), only got snagged on this:

Throne of Bhaal required
Avi Maya NPC for SoA/ToB (Avi Maya NPC Project) was skipped.

Well, this is because the BG2EE doesn't contain the file the older weidu mods checked for the fact that the ToB is installed to the BG2 game folder. I forgot what the file was, but it's not present in the BG2EE ... it's a .bif file if my memory is partially present. I could of course be wrong too, but I would say the mod needs an update. :P

Edited by The Imp, 17 November 2016 - 07:54 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3242 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

Nightfarer has an update in the works for Avi Maya. Thanks for the report.

Edited by agb1, 17 November 2016 - 07:03 AM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3243 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:47 AM

Uh? Sorry? A patch for BG2EE support in the work for Avi Maya?

I had two patches in the work but for two reports of Micbaldur.

I don't have EE editions :whistling:

However I took a look and the only thing I noticed is:

REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ ~Wymagany Tron Bhaala~

Edited by Nightfarer, 17 November 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#3244 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

I have a question regarding new BWPv16 release. As I understand BWS has drifted away from BWP in the past in regard of mod installation order so now we have two not-identical branches. Now that new BWP is released, should I, as a user of BWS, be waiting for it to adopt installation order changes from BWPv16, or this is not planned/necessary and all I need to wait for is fixpacks merge?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3245 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:39 PM

After I finish dealing with Fixpack chaos, I plan to review Leonardo's install order changes and adopt them for BWS unless there is a compelling reason not to.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3246 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:26 PM

Testing out EET with commit e35903c (latest) on a rather ambitious recommended preset install. All mods downloaded freshly (without issue) too.

Ran through fairly smoothly, couple of errors.

Spoiler

After it completed I ran baldur.exe (in bg2ee directory) and it said setup_end hadn't been run. It ran into two parse issues.

Spoiler

This was pretty smooth process really. I made a char in bg1 & bg2 and played around briefly and seemed fine. 

edit: fixed spoiler tags maybe

Attached Files

Edited by zonx, 17 November 2016 - 07:30 PM.

#3247 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:36 PM

Testing out EET with commit e35903c (latest) on a rather ambitious recommended preset install. All mods downloaded freshly (without issue) too.

Ran through fairly smoothly, couple of errors.

Spoiler

After it completed I ran baldur.exe (in bg2ee directory) and it said setup_end hadn't been run. It ran into two parse issues.

Spoiler

This was pretty smooth process really. I made a char in bg1 & bg2 and played around briefly and seemed fine. 

edit: fixed spoiler tags maybe

Did you install EET_end manually afterwards? If not, do so. The game may look good initially but you will run into dialogue trouble as you play further on (e.g. SoD and onwards when you play a continuos game).

Edited by Roxanne, 17 November 2016 - 09:36 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3248 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

Did you install EET_end manually afterwards? If not, do so. The game may look good initially but you will run into dialogue trouble as you play further on (e.g. SoD and onwards when you play a continuos game).

Sorry I wasn't clear in the post. Yes I ran eet_end manually, that's where it ran into those parse issues I mentioned. It otherwise completed OK.

#3249 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

There is a syntax error:

True()()

#3250 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

After I finish dealing with Fixpack chaos, I plan to review Leonardo's install order changes and adopt them for BWS unless there is a compelling reason not to.
Thanks a lot agb1, I'm anticipating it so. damn. eagerly! :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#3251 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:00 AM

BWS updated:

Spoiler

Still need to review BWP v16 install order changes and track down the True()() issue that zonx ran into.

Additional update:

Replaced old Ascension with new 1.5 beta for BG2/BGT installs. Added White NPC to BGEE / BG2EE (EET) selection. Updated Sirene NPC for EE from v1 to v2.1.1 and added 8 components including SoD, alternate portrait and kit options and crossmod with White and Verr'Sza.

Edited by agb1, 19 November 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#3252 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

I have a maybe obvious question. How can I install 'revised SCS' in BWS (with spell revisions)? Does it automatically replace SCS? Do I do some overwrites before the weidu installs? Or?

#3253 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

You'll have to overwrite the SCS files manually before the WeiDU installer runs. You can let BWS handle the actual install .. assuming the component numbers haven't changed. I haven't looked.

Option 1 - set BWS to "pause after extraction" on the screen just before it starts the downloads+installation.

Option 2 - right-click SCS in the selection tree-view, choose "pause before this mod", and overwrite the SCS files at that time.

Edit:  the Big World Fixpack now applies Kreso's revised SCS patches automatically when Spell Revisions is selected.  No manual intervention required, except that BWS still overwrites the files for EET using K4thos' EET-patches-for-BG2EE mods.  I will soon incorporate the rest of those patches into the Fixpack.

Edited by agb1, 20 November 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#3254 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 08:55 AM

Added berelinde's Keldorn Romance, version 150114 updated by jastey (BG2EE compatible) to selection for BG2, BGT and BG2EE

#3255 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:52 AM

Hi abg1.

I'm checking this CreatePatches "thing" (i'm curious of about it and maybe test it) but i couldn't find this "_utils\_diffgawk" subfolder (contains diff.exe, gawk.exe, libiconv2.dll, libintl3.dll) in BiG-World-Fixpack-master.rar nor at github site or am i totally wrong about this and it's somewhere there or is this CreatePatches just for your own use.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#3256 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

You're right, it didn't upload for some reason.  It's there now.

Edited by agb1, 21 November 2016 - 08:15 AM.

#3257 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

Edit:  the Big World Fixpack now applies Kreso's revised SCS patches automatically when Spell Revisions is selected.  No manual intervention required, except that BWS still overwrites the files for EET using K4thos' EET-patches-for-BG2EE mods.  I will soon incorporate the rest of those patches into the Fixpack.

Sweet thanks. I did a test install with BWS recommended preset on bg2ee with IR/ SR added. It completed just fine.

It did hold up on this, probably just needs a conflict added?

Spoiler

Also in the logs I saw that warning about identifying SOD about 250+ times. Not sure if it's relevant info for you or not.

Cheers

Attached Files

#3258 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

Thanks zonx.

Kreso's revisions disable the SCS True Sight/True Seeing component to prevent overwriting SR's version of the spell.  Historically, (when SCS v30 was released), SCS and SR used the same implementation for those spells, so it wasn't an issue.  Kreso also added an extra check in SCS to recognize that SR being installed still has the same effect on magical blindness - this allows correct AI behavior even without that component.

So, yes, we can now change BWS to conflict out that component of SCS when SR is selected.  Edit:  Done.

As for the rule to identify SOD, that's my mistake.  I added sod to a bunch of GAME_IS checks, but apparently GAME_IS bgee is sufficient.  I will back out those changes.  Edit:  Done.

Edited by agb1, 21 November 2016 - 03:59 PM.

#3259 psycros

psycros
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

Anyone else having an issue where the primary font in the game has turned to fuzzy gibberish?  I've run BWS about ten times now randomly disabling and re-enabling mods in hopes of finding what does this but I can't fix it.  All of the text on the left side of the character generation menus (the choices, not the descriptions) as well as the in-game feedback are affected.  I've never changed scaling or anything like that and I always play full-screen.

Edited by psycros, 21 November 2016 - 04:51 PM.

#3260 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

The fact that it doesn't affect the descriptions in character generation is an interesting clue.  My first guess was that it's pulling translated strings, probably indicating that the game's language configuration has been changed.

Do you have English in the Baldur.ini [Local] section for Language= and Language25=?  Never mind.  Those don't seem to do anything if changed.

Edit:  Is your data path correct in Baldur.ini?  Example:
Spoiler
[Alias]
HD0:=E:\GOG\BG2
CD1:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\
CD2:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\
CD3:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\
CD4:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\
CD5:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\
CD6:=E:\GOG\BG2\data\

Next guess would be dialog.tlk corruption.  You can browse your strings using Near Infinity and see if they look weird.

Edited by agb1, 21 November 2016 - 05:17 PM.