Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3441 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

Thanks, anyone 100% sure it will work? You can tell by now already it will surely need modmerge?

Well, the modmerge is needed by the Steam and the GoG versions of the BG1EE+Siege of the Dragonspear -game to mod it. Only the beamdogs version of the SotDs doesn't need it, and that's because it's already the combined/unpacked version of the .zip file that's in the DLC folder in the BG1EE + SotDs combo game.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3442 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:11 AM

Looks like im buying this discounted version as x mas gift ^^

#3443 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:57 AM

1 more question, you happen to know whether these - http://www.shsforums...ation-for-bgee/ http://www.shsforums...tion-for-bg2ee/ will work fine with the above version of the game? https://www.bundlest...e-complete-saga

#3444 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:38 AM

ALIEN would know better, but in BWS we currently install only the BG2EE patch you linked above.  We do not install any Polish localization patches for BG1EE (there's a note from ALIEN in the files saying that "Custom Polish Language Localization of BG1EE is no longer needed").

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3445 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:28 AM

i used the bat version of the last BiG-World-Fixpack and the planar sphere mod failed to install due to a missing iconv

when running the bat i got this time a "BiG_World_Fixpack" folder, and the last time the folder was "BiG World Fixpack"

that's why it can no more find the iconv to copy

and thank you for maintaining the fixpack

#3446 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:22 AM

Ikki, the BiG World Fixpack folder is renamed with underscores (_) while the Fixpack script is running, but afterwards the folder is renamed back to the original name with spaces.  By the time the mods are being installed, therefore, the path with spaces (for copying iconv) should be correct.  I changed the patch for the planar sphere mod 4 days ago - I assume your failed installation was more recent than that?

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#3447 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:05 AM

Yes i redid my installation last night

I don't know why but the BiG_World_Fixpack stay with this name after the batch closes itself

having the iconv folder in the root folder of the installation is a good idea, why not do it the easy way : put it in the same directory as the BiG World Fixpack.bat. That way it will get unzip in the correct directory automaticaly.

and that way a mod that was fixed with the BiG World Fixpack don't heritate a dependancy to an other mod ( and stay "standalone" )

#3448 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

@ ALIEN - Do you confirm what abg1 said?

#3449 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:10 AM

Ikki - good idea.  I moved the iconv folder to the top level.

#3450 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer
  • 148 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

https://www.bundlest...nhanced-edition This version will also work with BG EET (BWS)?

#3451 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 05:55 AM

https://www.bundlest...nhanced-edition This version will also work with BG EET (BWS)?

Not yet. IWD-in-EET is not yet available, still under construction.

However this is the normal IWDEE game that should be the basis for EET as well.

(all these bundled offers are not changing or modifying the original games, it is just commercial re-packaging, so it should not matter how you purchase the base games for EET.)

Edited by Roxanne, 24 December 2016 - 05:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3452 Ikki

Ikki
  • Validating
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:25 PM

Hi abg1

If you have access to fishing for trouble master, there are missing EVALUATE_BUFFER in the following file

dialog.tpa
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~fishingfortrouble/dialog/yscwlwiz.d~

area_scripts.tpa
    COMPILE EVALUATE_BUFFER ~fishingfortrouble/area_scripts/ys0401.baf~

setup-fishingfortrouble.tp2
    EXTEND_TOP ~baldur.bcs~ ~fishingfortrouble/area_scripts/ysbaldur.baf~ EVALUATE_BUFFER

because the file yscwlwiz.d, ys0401.baf and ysbaldur.baf contain  with the EET patch variable

Edited by Ikki, 26 December 2016 - 01:26 PM.

#3453 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Updated.  Thanks Ikki.

#3454 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Ran another EET test install yesterday which ran smoothly but it did pickup on this fixpack issue:

WARNING: file "setup-NTotSCv171.tp2" does not exist (this is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/NTotSCv171").

Also testing out this install I see this at the start of candlekeep.

How can I identify which mod causes the "actually leave him as is..." text? Seems spoilerish since I remember seeing it in bg2ee games too.

I also see jarlaxle quoting a bg2 quote but could just be the same mod as above.

Attached Files

#3455 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:30 AM

How can I identify which mod causes the "actually leave him as is..." text? Seems spoilerish since I remember seeing it in bg2ee games too.

Copy the game directory to somewhere else where so you can restore it from... and then install the LStest mod to the original location, and start the game, and see what it prints out.

I need to do some restructuring to make sure the LStest mod can be uninstalled, and the backup is done for this purpose ... it should be uninstallable in the nonEE game, but the EE game gives it a big stink eye for what ever purpose.

Edited by The Imp, 28 December 2016 - 03:32 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3456 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

Ran another EET test install yesterday which ran smoothly but it did pickup on this fixpack issue:

WARNING: file "setup-NTotSCv171.tp2" does not exist (this is the file targeted for patching in "SETUP-NTOTSCV171.TP2.PATCH" in "Big World Fixpack/NTotSCv171").

Also testing out this install I see this at the start of candlekeep.

I also see jarlaxle quoting a bg2 quote but could just be the same mod as above.

Maybe take a look at bg2600.bcs to see which mod has added this stuff to it. (Would be my first action before doing anything more elaborate...it is not a mod I have used so far on EET, so I do not recognize it)

The Sandrah Saga

#3457 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for pointing me down the right path. I think it turns out it's some might & guile components (revised bards etc). 

I tried change-log first but didn't show much:

Spoiler

Then trying LStest and making a new char and pausing ASAP shows this. Moved to different areas and if there was a bard npc in that area, would always see this line effect them (thus announce their presence in the area) before the scripts kicked in. Anyway fighter kit line seemed similar to a spell so found it via string search in NI. That indicates some might and guile scripts. Changelog on D5_BASP1.SPL:
Mods affecting D5_BASP1.SPL:
00000: ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence): 1.7

Can I determine if it's this component or might and guile from the above?

Edited by zonx, 28 December 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#3458 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for pointing me down the right path. I think it turns out it's some might & guile components (revised bards etc). 

I tried change-log first but didn't show much:

Spoiler

Then trying LStest and making a new char and pausing ASAP shows this. Moved to different areas and if there was a bard npc in that area, would always see this line effect them (thus announce their presence in the area) before the scripts kicked in. Anyway fighter kit line seemed similar to a spell so found it via string search in NI. That indicates some might and guile scripts. Changelog on D5_BASP1.SPL:
Mods affecting D5_BASP1.SPL:

00000: ~KLATU/SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 2110 // Treat all Innate Abilities as Non-Magical (Unaffected by Wild/Dead Magic and Silence): 1.7

The klatu component only sets a flag in the spl file. What causes your complaint is the mod that actually introduces the spl to the game.

Mods affecting BG2600.BCS, they do other things and have nothing to do with the issue (Sandrah adds creatures and an item - cdtweaks does what it says in the description).

The Sandrah Saga

#3459 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:22 PM

It's just a spell in the CLAB table that gives a bonus spell slot.  It is applied passively.  Unfortunately the SPL files somehow had a string reference attached to the "spell name" offset, so even if it is applied passively, the text in that string appears in the dialogue window.

Thank you - I have hundreds, maybe thousands of .SPL files in my various mod folders and subfolders, some of which are very old and were created when I was a rank amateur.  I can't check each and every one by hand, so reports like this are very useful to track down the errant strings.

This has been corrected in my internal version of the mod.  I'm going to upload the update very soon - there are a couple of structural changes so I will upload the mod as soon as the BWS folks tell me they are ready for it.

#3460 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

This has been corrected in my internal version of the mod.  I'm going to upload the update very soon - there are a couple of structural changes so I will upload the mod as soon as the BWS folks tell me they are ready for it.

Thanks! It's all good, I'm happy I'm slowly getting better at tracking down such issues.