Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#3861 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Hey, sorry guys I'm a bit slow these days =)

Edit: When I kill Jaheira before entering the cave, the dialog doesnt appear. After finishing the fight and reviving Jaheira everything is working the way it should.

There is a dialogue from (banter pack?) just due when entering the cave. But when you enter the cave there is a short cutscene to spawn Entreri and Jarlaxle - in this contents, Jaheira's dialogue file is changed to a special one (to be changed back after the Jarlaxle talk). Since this talk does not happen correctly, she tries to start the dialogue from the wrong file.

I let her have the conversation prior the cave - and also her level up, no problem after this.

Does level up (Jaheira is fighter) trigger that proficiency dialogue? I have no way to verify this (I do not have Scales of Balance installed).

Looking at the savegame the only D5 global not 0 is one called DS_PSI = 1. Jarlaxle has a kit DS_AC_Mys (Acolyte of Mystra?).

With this, I am stuck to find the reason for this strange dialogue to appear which breaks Jarlaxle every time.

However, it is not "all those loveless big mods" (Sandrah is in party AND we are in a TDD scene, so even two of those...just to make it worse.)

PS - I had no trouble with the savegame party to play through this episode on my install.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 March 2017 - 11:39 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#3862 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

I didnt include the Sandrah Saga when mentioning the loveless mods ^^ With "loveless" I do not just complain about the bugs but mostly about the questdesign, the maps (for instance Trollfurth is an endless nightmare of recycling) and the pure size of those areas with very little content to fill it. Usually I just skip those mods because I know that I cant stand them but as they are quite essential to the Sandrah Saga 

I'll just get through this. The Sandrah Saga is great( TDD,Drizzt Saga etc are not even close IMO). Here and there a few things I dont like but apart from that the mod does add quite some breath of fresh air to the game. I'll annoy you with my summary anyways when I'm done with this playtrough =)

Back to topic: Jaheira levels up without any issue.

#3863 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

Back to topic: Jaheira levels up without any issue.

If this Weidu.log is still valid

http://www.shsforums...202#entry594249

means you do not have Scales of Balance (neither have I).

The dialogue must be used in some other mod as well. (Maybe a leftover?)

Edited by Roxanne, 27 March 2017 - 01:07 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3864 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Yup, this Weidu.log will follow me till the very end. I'll watch out for this dialogue and report as soon as it happens somewhere else

#3865 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

But how does the connected dialogue look like? I'd be especially interested in Jaheira's, if you think that her hanging dialogue is yours?

https://github.com/U...rofs/d5_wepfo.d

The dialogue does not belong to anyone, but is supposed to be triggered by an invisible creature summoned by spell. (And as you can see in the .baf script, the dialogue is triggered by ActionOverride in order to make the spell's caster be the "myself" in the dialogue.)

Basically you use an innate ability, it summons an invisicre, the .cre's override script starts that dialogue, the dialogue prompts you to choose from among the weapons you already have proficiency with, and then it gives you specialization in that weapon. (The innate ability is given to members of certain kits, in order to give them an early advantage in a proficiency system where most people cannot reach specialization until level 3.)

It seems that one of two things has happened: 1) somehow the linked script was attached to the Jarlaxle or Jaheira .cre file; or 2) another script is somehow calling my dialogue. Maybe some mod added a .dlg file with the same name? Something from before I registered my modding prefix? (Or something ignoring it?)

In the meantime I will make the suggested changes to be on the safe side.

The Global("D5_WEPFO","GLOBAL",1) never increments during the dialogue - it will only be set to 0 again by the last block in the script file (following some blocks that could loop).

It can thus easily happen that e.g. Jaheira has a dialogue triggering but the one found to be executed is not her own but yours as the global was never reset (and the invisible cre is never destroyed) -

I don't understand why that variable should increment.  Or how that would stop the script from looping.  Or how the script could loop in the first place, as the very next block after the dialogue resets that variable and kills the invisicre.  Or how that script could run on anyone other than the invisicre to begin with, as the script should not be assigned to anyone else.

BUT: it looks like this is probably from Might & Guile v3.2.5 which is in that Weidu log.  It was a bonus weapon specialization for Skalds.  M&G is currently at v3.4.4, and form what I can tell that script and dialogue are no longer in that mod.  So, it seems this issue has already been fixed before we even talked about it.  :)

#3866 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:04 AM

BUT: it looks like this is probably from Might & Guile v3.2.5 which is in that Weidu log.  It was a bonus weapon specialization for Skalds.  M&G is currently at v3.4.4, and form what I can tell that script and dialogue are no longer in that mod.  So, it seems this issue has already been fixed before we even talked about it.

In my install

- I have no Scales of Balance

- I have Might and Guile 3.4 (done with BWS just 10 days ago)

- I have D5_Weapfo.dlg

- I have D5_Kenf.dlg, which is slightly different but very similar

However, I have not seen any issues with those dialogues triggering in game (yet) - but the stuff exists. If it is not supposed to be there, it may be still left in some other mod from that family maybe?

Edited by Roxanne, 28 March 2017 - 12:07 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3867 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

Gavin BGII updates to v21. The installer didn't change, but tere are less portrait choices for alternate portraits.

#3868 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:56 AM

Eh there is a new area at the bottom of the forest of tethyr which is called "The Grove". Upon arrival my main char turns into the slayer and back into his human form. After a short cutscene I'm supposed to talk to one of the stone statues in form of the slayer. Another cutscene and I'm fighting another slayer here which I can only defeat when I turn back into human form.

After defeating the slayer and a final cutscene my main char does get continuously damage over time till he dies. I slightly remember that this happens when you stay to long in the slayer form but I only activated the slayer to talk to the statues and immediately returned into human form. Still always dying in the end...

#3869 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Eh there is a new area at the bottom of the forest of tethyr which is called "The Grove". Upon arrival my main char turns into the slayer and back into his human form. After a short cutscene I'm supposed to talk to one of the stone statues in form of the slayer. Another cutscene and I'm fighting another slayer here which I can only defeat when I turn back into human form.

After defeating the slayer and a final cutscene my main char does get continuously damage over time till he dies. I slightly remember that this happens when you stay to long in the slayer form but I only activated the slayer to talk to the statues and immediately returned into human form. Still always dying in the end...

This mod

~ARESTORATIONP/SETUP-ARESTORATIONP.TP2~ #1 #0 // Restored Locations: v8.2.7 BWP Fix 2

and its other components restore contents that was left out of the official releases of the game - so either you found a reason why it was left out or it is a bug or it was left out because of the bug....

(Assuming you talk of AR2700 The Grove)

Edited by Roxanne, 28 March 2017 - 10:45 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3870 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

I was taking another look at kvothe's weidu.log, since I figure whatever mod is messing up the assignment of my script has to be one installed after M&G. But, the load order seems potentially problematic. Is that standard for BWS, or are there idiosyncratic changes? A few things jump out at me:

- The Bear Walker and A7 Improved Archer kits are installed very late, after many tweak mods instead of with most other kits like S&S/M&G. Is this intentional? Seems like a mistake to me (specifically, M&G wants to be installed after all other kit mods).

- Sandrah is installed very late in the order. As far as I understand, Sandrah includes NPCs, quests, new areas, and kits. All of which are generally installed early on in the order. But here, Sandra comes after M&G, after Faiths & Powers would normally be (which will definitely be problematic unless Roxanne includes compatibility code), after CDTweaks, after SCS, after aTweaks... is that normal?? That seems very problematic.

#3871 Kvothe.

Kvothe.
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Yes I meant AR2700. 

PS: The markers from Innershade and the place where you are supposed to meet Neera are overlapping on the worldmap

#3872 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

Yes I meant AR2700. 

PS: The markers from Innershade and the place where you are supposed to meet Neera are overlapping on the worldmap

This is a known issue and to be corrected by the Innershade mod itself. Worldmap just displays what mods adding areas deliver. The mod simply is older than the EE added area.

The Sandrah Saga

#3873 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

@subtledoctor Such feedback It's exactly what BWS need but in order to change install order, I would like to hear feedback also from argent77 and Roxanne. And if I change it, somebody needs to install the whole "Tactic" compilation and test it. I'm currently very busy and I won't have time fo such time-consuming testing.

Current install position for Sandrah is inherited from BGT - she was installed after Aurora in the BWP sequence, as this was the last mod she added crossmod content for. Now, in EET Aurora is not present anymore.

The recommendation I made on the download page and in the readme was for Sandrah to be installed after all content and area adding mods for which she provides crossmod contents. (This is not even a mandatory requirement for the majority of mods since the only thing you would loose is the additional content.)

Any non-content adding tweaks can be installed before or after, it matters little - my mod just references common scripts, enemies, items etc, thus the effect from those mods is captured regardless of sequence. (Mods adding AI tweaks or spell/item changes will affect Sandrah whenever the mod uses a resource that has been changed, e.g if any mod makes trolls harder or more intelligent, the trolls in a Sandrah area will reflect these changes since they are the same cre with the same scripts and items.)

Sandrah only adds a single kit to the game, which is for the Priestess of Mystra that she is. This is a pure NPC kit just for her and not a kit addition for general use.

Since the mod requires the large worldmap for all the added areas, it must be installed prior BP-BGT Worldmap. For dialogues, scripts etc to be adjusted, it also requires EET_end afterwards.

Currently it also requires a PID-fix to be installed after EET_end due to a bug introduced by the recent EET update (and since K4thos has once more vanished for a longer period and cannot fix it).

>> I do not understand *unless Roxanne includes compatibility code*, the mod digests the game resources as they are installed vanilla or tweaked, this should be transparent. Only problem are resources that are removed or made unaccesible (e.g. the golem manual pages that a mod removes from the only containers where you can find them...)

>> I do not understand the relation with *the whole "Tactic" compilation*. I never considered Sandrah to be a tactic mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 28 March 2017 - 01:15 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3874 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:26 PM

I would. broadly recommend moving the installation of Sandrah earlier... after all other quest & NPC mods, but before kits and tweaks. BUT that is a general suggestion and very much not a demand. I don't know enough about the code to know whether that would be safe. All else being equal, it seems ideal.

Might & Guile recommends to be installed on the edge between kit mods and tweak mods. Basically after all other kits, and before most tweaks. I don't think there will be any problem with having the Bear Walker of Improved archer installed later... but I'm not certain. I do know that if any fighter or thief kits are installed after the M&G feat system, it could cause problems (like a fighter who can cast wizard spells, which came up recently).

Roxanne, as far as I'm concerned a kit is a kit is a kit, regardless whether it is available to the PC. If a mod (like, mine) asks to be installed after all other kits, and it ranges through kitlist.2da and applies patches to all kits listed in that file, then it will miss any kits installed later. And the result will be inconsistencies.

As for Faiths & Powers: the sphere system needs to grant spells in the way I just described. Any kit that is already installed that does not affirmatively join our sphere system will be granted a set of spheres meant to approximate (albeit imperfectly) the vanilla cleric spell list. But if a kit is installed later, it will have no spells at all!

But fear not, I have created a little compatibility package for modders who use custom priest kits. It's at the bottom of this post, in the spoiler section right after the words "easy-peasy:"
https://forums.beamd...#Comment_670841

Drop a few files into "my mod/lib/" and paste some text right after your kit is installed (right after the fk#add_kit_ee block), and choose the class designation and sphere access for your kit. Then, if F&P is installed, they will work together. And if FnP is not installed, it should not have any impact on your game. Conveniently, it works regardless of whether your mod is installed before or after F&P, so it eliminates the concern about load order. :)

Edited by subtledoctor, 28 March 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#3875 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

a little compatibility package for modders who use custom priest kits. Then, if F&P is installed, they will work together.

I looked at this code and my understanding is this:

*they will work together* means that the custom kit will get the respective D5xxxx spells from the selected spheres and no longer any SPPRxxxx or SPINxxx, correct?

In case any spells are defined in the initial kit definition (GA_xxxx), what will happen to those?

Do the mods update scripts, items, etc to the new spell references?

Edited by Roxanne, 28 March 2017 - 11:36 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3876 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

*they will work together* means that the custom kit will get the respective D5xxxx spells from the selected spheres and no longer any SPPRxxxx or SPINxxx, correct?

Priests no longer automatically get SPPR spells; regular spells are now assigned via each kit's clab table, that's why the mod needs to patch all kits in kitlist.2da. With this code, you can safely install the kit later, and it will patch itself in accordance with the F&P mod and your sphere choices.

But you still end up with (mostly) SPPR spells in your spellbook, they are simple added via 177 effects in an AP_ spell in the clab table.  And that only applies to SPPR spells. SPIN and SPCL abilities are untouched.

In case any spells are defined in the initial kit definition (GA_xxxx), what will happen to those?

Those are untouched. Anything you add via the clab table will work no matter what.  This is a good way to guarantee that a kit has access to a particular spell, regardless of whether the spell is in it sphere access.  I believe priest spells don't double up in your spellbook even if you add them multiple times in multiple ways, so this is safe even when it is redundant.

As an example: say your cleric kit gets the Iron Skins druid spell from a "GA_SPPR506" line in the clab table.  Now the player installs F&P, but your kit does not have major access to the sphere of Earth, which contains Iron Skins.  What happens?

- You get your normal sphere spells, plus you get Iron Skins.

What if you do give your kit access to the sphere of Earth?  Now there are two distinct mechanisms adding Iron Skins to your spellbook.  What happens?

- You get Iron Skins once.  The priest spellbook only displays a spell once no matter how many different mechanisms add it.

What if your kit has focus access to the sphere of Earth, which results in the kit getting Iron Skins as a 4th-level spell?

- This is the worst-case scenario.  Your spellbook will contain Iron Skins as a 4th-level spell (the d5f___ spell which uses opcode 146 to cast SPPR506), and will also contain Iron Skins at 5th level (the normal SPPR506 spell).  Not ideal... but not the end of the word, and it actually give the player added flexibility, to use whichever slots they prefer for that spell.

Don't need to. All it changes is the method by which spells are added to your spellbook. In cases where the spells are changed ("focus" versions of spells, or spells where we changed their spell level, or instances where we added a wizard spell to the priest sphere) the originals are still used, they are simply cast via opcodes 146/148. So script triggers, spell immunities, etc. should all work just as they do in the vanilla game.

Edited by subtledoctor, 29 March 2017 - 08:16 PM.

#3877 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

Priests no longer automatically get SPPR spells; regular spells are now assigned via each kit's clab table, that's why the mod needs to patch all kits in kitlist.2da. With this code, you can safely install the kit later, and it will patch itself in accordance with the F&P mod and your sphere choices.

But you still end up with (mostly) SPPR spells in your spellbook, they are simple added via 177 effects in an AP_ spell in the clab table.  And that only applies to SPPR spells. SPIN and SPCL abilities are untouched.

Those are untouched. Anything you add via the clab table will work no matter what.  This is a good way to guarantee that a kit has access to a particular spell, regardless of whether the spell is in it sphere access.  I believe priest spells don't double up in your spellbook even if you add them multiple times in multiple ways, so this is safe even when it is redundant.

As an example: say your cleric kit gets the Iron Skins druid spell from a "GA_SPPR506" line in the clab table.  Now the player installs F&P, but your kit does not have major access to the sphere of Earth, which contains Iron Skins.  What happens?

- You get your normal sphere spells, plus you get Iron Skins.

What if you do give your kit access to the sphere of Earth?  Now there are two distinct mechanisms adding Iron Skins to your spellbook.  What happens?

- You get Iron Skins once.  The priest spellbook only displays a spell once no matter how many different mechanisms add it.

What if your kit has focus access to the sphere of Earth, which results in the kit getting Iron Skins as a 4th-level spell?

- This is the worst-case scenario.  Your spellbook will contain Iron Skins as a 4th-level spell (the d5f___ spell which uses opcode 146 to cast SPPR506), and will also contain Iron Skins at 5th level (the normal SPPR506 spell).  Not ideal... but not the end of the word, and it actually give the player added flexibility, to use whichever slots they prefer for that spell.

Don't need to. All it changes is the method by which spells are added to your spellbook. In cases where the spells are changed ("focus" versions of spells, or spells where we changed their spell level, or instances where we added a wizard spell to the priest sphere) the originals are still used, they are simply cast via opcodes 146/148. So script triggers, spell immunities, etc. should all work just as they do in the vanilla game.

Thank you for the detailed tutorial.

The Sandrah Saga

#3878 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

spoiler section right after the words "easy-peasy:"
https://forums.beamd...#Comment_670841

There is a mistake in the file add_fnp_spheres.tpa:

It refers to tra-strings

OUTER_SPRINT sphere_access @1002
  OUTER_SPRINT focus_access @1003
  OUTER_SPRINT major_access @1004
  OUTER_SPRINT minor_access @1005

which do not exist if you put the stuff into your own mod folder.

patched this with

OUTER_SPRINT sphere_access ~- Access to the spheres of:~
  OUTER_SPRINT focus_access ~- Focus access to the spheres of:~
  OUTER_SPRINT major_access ~- Major access to the spheres of:~
  OUTER_SPRINT minor_access ~- Minor access to the spheres of:~
  OUTER_SPRINT advantages ~Advantages:~
  OUTER_SPRINT abilities ~Abilities:~
  OUTER_SPRINT disadvantages ~Disadvantages:~
  OUTER_SPRINT restrictions ~Restrictions:~

It then finally failed with ERROR Failure "unknown macro: remove_blank_lines"

This is with Weidu 2.40

Edit - Included a copy of remove_lines.tpa in the /lib and added it in my tp2 stuff with INCLUDE

Easy-peasy

With above changes now compatibility should be installed - I will test the functionality in my current playthrough.

Edited by Roxanne, 31 March 2017 - 11:23 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#3879 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

That is for the report. I'll make those changes on my end.

The remove_lines function was written by CamDawg, it is useful for files like yours, and many vanilla ones, which contain a blank row at the end instead of ending on the last row with actual columns. The function allows APPEND_FILE commands to work without the resulting blank rows that you noticed. Probably I'll just bundle the function into the /lib folder of things to copy.

(And really, Weidu ought to remove blank rows automatically when running APPEND_FILE... I'll mention this to Wisp over st pocketplane.net.)

#3880 -just a dumb user-

-just a dumb user-

Posted 07 April 2017 - 12:34 AM

Hi.

I was using BWS for the first time today and went through all the steps for a "tactical" installation, and at the end of a lot of downloading, the program gave me a list of "The following mod(s) could not be downloaded." That's fine and all, and I hunted down almost all of the mods on that list to provide to the program.

However I'm just wondering if there was any way to add a function to download every single available mod so I could have an offline library of mods that the program can pull from? I'm worried in the future if some mods can't be found again, links go dead, files are lost, etc. and I won't be able to download them through the BWS steps. It might also be faster to reinstall everything from my hard drive. Maybe they can be put into a similar folder structure as the big collapsible list.

Just an idea. I'm not a modder or programmer by any means, please don't kill me guys!