Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4081 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Sorry, but I have another question.

I tried a more complete install (for EET) on another PC, and Region of Terror will not install.

Here's the short version of the debug:

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1

C:\Games\Baldurs Gate II - Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da"))
ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")
Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors.

Now, I googled the problem before posting, and I found the following replies:

1) The mod might not be fully compatible with EET (if so, why is it not marked red)?
2) I only need to install the main file of the mod (but there is only one box to tick, so I don't know what "main" means in that context).

So I am a bit confused.

Did you use the EET patch for Region of Terror? : http://www.shsforums...eet/-on-ee-eet/

You need to upack it in your EET installation manually (The BWS does not explain that the mod needs this patch)

Edited by Unknow_error, 01 August 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#4082 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:33 PM

Thanks. Just to check: I download the archive from the site that you linked, then extract it to inside the "EET-master" folder?

#4083 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

Thanks. Just to check: I download the archive from the site that you linked, then extract it to inside the "EET-master" folder?

No , maybe i didn't explain myself correctly ... You need to unpack the patch in the BG2EE directory where you are installing the mods , the patch will replace the files from Region of terror with the files patched. (That files are: Setup-Rot.tp2, Setup-Rot.exe ,RoTerror (folder))

Edited by Unknow_error, 01 August 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#4084 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

Didn't work. Got the same mistake, I'm afraid.

No , maybe i didn't explain myself correctly ... You need to unpack the patch in the BG2EE directory where you are installing the mods , the patch will replace the files from Region of terror with the files patched. (That files are: Setup-Rot.tp2, Setup-Rot.exe ,RoTerror (folder))

#4085 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:37 PM

Didn't work. Got the same mistake, I'm afraid.

#4086 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

I would like to talk about this: 

http://gibberlings3....topic=28718&hl=

As you can see, the problem has already been reported in the SCS forum, but since it is a problem strictly related to BWS, I think this is the best place to talk about it.

I also think that this is a problem that has to be solved, since it apparently affects everyone. Even if BWS completes the install process just fine, if you check the debug, "out of memory" errors are very common.

I already tried modifying the SCS .exe with Explorer Suite, as suggested, but it didn't work.

As far as I understood, the only way to install it correctly is:

- Pause BWS BEFORE SCS;

- Close Weidu;

- Manually install SCS;

- Let BWS complete the install aftwerwards.

So, I have some questions:

- In BWS you can set a pause before the install of certain mods, right clicking on the entry in the mod list, but SCS is listed under different categories. Do I have to set the pause for SCS under every category?

- If I do a manual install, do I have to select the mod anyway? But doing so, SCS would not be installed TWICE? And if I DON'T select it in BWS, where do I have to set the pause for manual install?

- Aftwer having closed Weidu, will BWS restart it automatically to finish the install process?

I would like to work with you to write a detailed and working guide that leaves no possibility of error for the installation of SCS in a megamod install, since this is a common problem.

#4087 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:02 AM

Blash2 up the top of BWS should be an Options, click and sort via install order after you have done your selections. You'll see that SCS installs from this one spot.

As for the Smarter Priests? I went with the 3rd option from that component and it installed without dramas. The first 2 just got similar errors with out of memory.

#4088 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:09 AM

I'll check that install order where you told me. I did some installs, one time everything went fine except for three components (beholders, ilithids and vampires), the last time other components were not installed too, and many .cre files were not patched. It seems you have to try many times for a satisfactory result, each time with a 4-5 hours install.. quite frustrating. 

Any clarification about Weidu closing?

#4089 Hack'N'Slash

Hack'N'Slash
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:12 AM

Just leave weidu on pause while installing scs from the stratgems batch file. Once done, hit resume and it'll continue on.

#4090 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

I'll try tomorrow or today and report here. Thanks.

#4091 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

By the way, I am updating the translation for Spanish (and maybe for German) of "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" according to the readme "note to translators".When I will have finished it, where do I need to upload the files and send them to you?  (I am asking that because I have the "Sounds" folder from my Ice Wind dale II dubbed in Spanish)

Regards.

Please wait with DSotSC translation. setup-EE.tra file is not ready (it still uses original BG2 description style instead of EE Beamdog's style). If there is interest in translations I will finish updating English file in near future. Also before starting adjusting descriptions you need to check how they are in your language. It's possible that Beamdog's translators didn't make any changes to the style compared to original BG2 for particular languages.

Edited by K4thos, 02 August 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#4092 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

Another problem:

---------------

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected")

Ascalon's Questpack: Content for BG1 (Ascalons Questpack) was not installed due to errors.

-------------

Searching for a solution, I found this post (http://gibberlings3....=27741&p=245763) by a poster who had a FluidStates.tpa problem, but it was for a different mod, and sure enough, the solution did not work.

#4093 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:21 AM

Another problem:

---------------

C:\Games\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition>
ERROR: Failure("EET/FluidStates.tpa has not been detected")

Ascalon's Questpack: Content for BG1 (Ascalons Questpack) was not installed due to errors.

-------------

Searching for a solution, I found this post (http://gibberlings3....=27741&p=245763) by a poster who had a FluidStates.tpa problem, but it was for a different mod, and sure enough, the solution did not work.

Not tried yet, but interested since I want to include that mod in my install.

#4094 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:33 AM

By the way, I am updating the translation for Spanish (and maybe for German) of "Dark Side of the Sword Coast" according to the readme "note to translators".When I will have finished it, where do I need to upload the files and send them to you?  (I am asking that because I have the "Sounds" folder from my Ice Wind dale II dubbed in Spanish)

Regards.

Please wait with DSotSC translation. setup-EE.tra file is not ready (it still uses original BG2 description style instead of EE Beamdog's style). If there is interested in translation I will finish updating English file in near future. Also before starting adjusting descriptions you need to check how they are in your language. It's possible that Beamdog's translators didn't make any changes to the style compared to original BG2 for particular languages.

Well , I started to adjust the descriptions of the items and spells according the balancing changes in setup.tra and setup-EE.tra (and tra_changes_v3.html) (also I updated some strings in the worldmap.tra and jounal.tra), will you change those descriptions?

Which file contains in BGEE and BG2EE the descriptions that I need to check in my language to update them acording the Beamdog's style?

Regards.

Edited by Unknow_error, 02 August 2017 - 05:43 AM.

#4095 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

About Askalon's Questpack, here is what K4thos wrote about the same exact error with another mod:

"There were some changes between beta and release candidate release. That error means that the mod uses outdated "eet_cpmvars.tpa" file (EET 1.0 RC and later doesn't use FluidStates.tpa at all).

Copy this file "EET/other/cpmvars/eet_cpmvars.tpa" and overwrite the same file located in "bgeespawn/lib/" directory with it. This will fix the problem.

I will send updated version to AstrobryGuy. Thanks for report."

So probably the error, and thus the solution, is the same. Remove from BWS until solved?

#4096 -Moloch-

-Moloch-

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:56 AM

Yeah, that was the post I have linked. Since the mod that failed in that description was another one, I didn't expect that solution to work. And sure enough, it didn't.

#4097 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

Ah, sorry, I really didn't see that part of you post, lol.

#4098 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

About SCS manual install, in which of the three game folders do I have to run the setup? BG2EE?

#4099 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

Yeah, that was the post I have linked. Since the mod that failed in that description was another one, I didn't expect that solution to work. And sure enough, it didn't.

I edited the eet_cpmvars.tpa file from  Askalon's Questpack (I commented the lines to not check if exist the fileFluidStates.tpa in EET folder) , and it worked for me , here is the file: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3wchhh

You only need to copy and replace it in \AC_QUEST\lib 

#4100 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

About SCS manual install, in which of the three game folders do I have to run the setup? BG2EE?

For EET, yes.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*