Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#101 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone know what kind of mods add Dynaheir in BG2, and do they add it at all?

http://www.shsforums...e-version-v610/ is the only mod I know of that adds Dynaheir to BG2.

Edited by Nocat, 10 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#102 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

Did anybody know what the hell is IWD Item Pack Fix? I was unable to locate this mod, and without it BWS tells me it's going to uninstall IWD Item Pack even though it's succesfully installed :(

Spoiler

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#103 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

Here (please don't eat me) :ermm:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#104 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Here (please don't eat me) :ermm:

Thanks Lol, I wont :) :) :)

Well I could have, be it the only error during installation, but it's not, so no harm actually done :)

#105 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Darn you ninja...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#106 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, lucky me :)

Hey folks, while you're around, any light you could shed on following quirk?

I've started latest BWS installation today, with d/load ok, extracting ok, that "silent NSIS thingy" ok, and right before actual installation started I've got system message along the lines of "failed to run patch.exe". More to that, it seemed like BWS tried to launch it over and over, as each time I closed that "failed to launch" window it reappeared. Finally I killed au3 process in task manager, and then re-run BWS. To my surprise, it said "you've aborted your last installation, do you want to continue?". I agreed, and then BWS happily started to install TobEX and so on down the list.

While I believe that figuring out why exactly does patch.exe failed to run for me (probably because I've moved from WinXP to this stupid Win7, I knew this will bite me eventually :D ) is beyong the scope of a quick question, it would be cool to know what did this patch.exe supposed to do at all, so what, if any, will I miss after installation end. I wonder also, if failures to install Finch and Mur'Neth could be tied to this patch.exe somehow.

Edited by Creepin, 12 October 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#107 -Smaug-

-Smaug-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

I got the same problem with recomended installation while it started to run Amber.

Patch.exe stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Users\TTBastion\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA357.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\Users\TTBastion\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCA1A.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\Users\TTBastion\AppData\Local\Temp\WERCBEF.tmp.mdmp

wup.

#108 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Just installed my BWS.

Other than patch.exe not been able to launch (it launches fine manually, but fail to do so under BWS), here's the list of mods failed to install:

Mur'Neth

Finch

Beyond the Law

THAEL, Elf Mage

Chiara

ULDAR

Rogue Rebalansing component PnP thievery potions

Ding0's Tweak Pack components Summonning Cap Removal & Quest XP Reduction

Lolfixer component MAJESTIC Spell Fixer

and here's the cause of each failure as it's described in debug:

Spoiler

While THAEL, Chiara and ULDAR are apparently failed to install thanks to some weird letters in file/path names, others are subject to further investigation, not to mention I still don't know whether these failures had anything to do with patch.exe not running.

#109 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

The GPMERC errors are because some mod uses DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF on it without later recompiling the script.

#110 napple

napple
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Just installed my BWS.

Other than patch.exe not been able to launch (it launches fine manually, but fail to do so under BWS), here's the list of mods failed to install:

Mur'Neth

Finch

Beyond the Law

THAEL, Elf Mage

Chiara

ULDAR

Thanks for this list.  I started with the "recommended" installation and disabled these mods/components.  However, it still crashes on patch.exe.  Operating system is Win 7 Ultimate.  Installing to C:\GOG Games\BGII - SoA\; none of the folders are in C:\Program Files etc....

The debug log says:

Spoiler

So I guess that the Big World Fixpack isn't being installed?

#111 -Edwino-

-Edwino-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

getting the same patch.exe error too...anyone got an idea?

#112 napple

napple
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

I figured out a fix after reading this thread: http://www.shsforums...fixpack-thread/

Go here: https://github.com/o...G-World-Fixpack and click the "download zip" button.

Install BWS normally, selecting and downloading your mods, etc. 

Wait until you get to the point where the installer pauses and all file *extraction* has finished.  This is AFTER the "silent NSIS" part is done where it flashes the windows back and forth, and after anything else gets *extracted*.  Basically before any mods are *installed* or any WEIDU stuff is done, there is a pause screen.  Leave the BWS installer at that screen.

Now, go to your BGII folder, and delete these three items:

• folder: BiG World Fixpack
  • file: BiG World Fixpack read me.txt
  • file: BiG World Fixpack.bat

Now go to that zip file you downloaded (the latest version of the fixpack) and extract the contents to your BGII folder, effectively replacing the files you just deleted with the newer version.

Now, edit the "BiG World Fixpack.bat" file (the one you just put in your BGII folder) IN A TEXT EDITOR (like Notepad) and remove the " --binary" part at the end of line 56.  You can search the file for that phrase, it only appears on that line.  (Or maybe that will be fixed already by the time you read this, check the official thread for updates)

Now, save the .bat file, and go back to the BWS installer that is paused and click Continue or whatever.  It will then continue, and everything should work fine with no problems with patch.exe. 

You may still encounter problems with other mods like Finch, etc. listed in the post above, so I recommend not using them at this point.

#113 Bolkhar

Bolkhar
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:25 AM

Hello, Iam getting a strange Error, that I can't extract the Difficulty and Tweak Mod, i tried extracting directly with 7zip - works. An Integrity Check worked too...

#114 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

It seems like that I can't restore my backup anymore:

the error which has been described here by the author seems to be back:

Remove CDCreAni.bif and DESound.bif from bif-checks after backup-restore because they seem to be additional files.

http://www.shsforums...sting/?p=491060

#115 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Is anyone else having the same problem? It keeps crashing when it's installing BGT.

When I install it from straight download from SHS then it's fine, but when it's run from BWS I keep getting the same error message.

Btw, I'm running it as an admin to start the BWS,

And I'm pretty sure it's full install because I'm using GoG download.

My Folders are:

C:\BWS\Baldur's Gate

C:\BWS\BGII - SoA

C:\BWS\BiG World\BiG World Downloads

Edit: I've attached the full debug.

Spoiler

Can anyone help me?

I couldn't find the similar problem on this site.

Attached Files

#116 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

is the only mod I know of that adds Dynaheir to BG2

Thank you, I will add a conflict with BG1NPCSoA's Dynaheir.

Finch
Beyond the Law

Checked on the expert version and for me these mods and components installed without errors. And for Mur'Neth fix is already prepared, as I know.

It seems like that I can't restore my backup anymore:
the error which has been described here by the author seems to be back:
Remove CDCreAni.bif and DESound.bif from bif-checks after backup-restore because they seem to be additional files.

Strangely, I did not do anything with the restoration of a backup.

Anyway BWS is updated again.

Fixed:

• Create directory so iwditemfix is found by BWS

Updated:

• Adjusted and added some dependencies

#117 napple

napple
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:52 AM

Thank you for the update!  :clap:

#118 Stonewalljack

Stonewalljack
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Thanks so much for updating the BWS; I'm having problems downloading any mods for pocketplane.net. The installer stalls out trying to download them, and when I manually try to download them the same thing happens. I tried looking at there forums but nothing was mentioned and they haven't approved me to register in 2 weeks.

#119 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

Fixed:

• Create directory so iwditemfix is found by BWS

Updated:

• Adjusted and added some dependencies

Does this fix the patch.exe crash problem?

EDIT: It appears that error is unrelated to the BWS. Excuse me. :whistling:

Edited by Nocat, 15 October 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#120 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

The patch.exe thing is exclusive to BWPFixpack 13.0.4 (earlier and later versions won't have that :))

Also, suggestion - sorry if already implemented - it would be a good idea to drop Stratagems v24 beta support for now because of the random crashing it seems to cause. Also, DavidW mentioned it is a beta and SCS (and SCSII) is stable at v21 :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod