Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#801 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:13 AM

@VLAN: Description why this error's there...
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#802 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Found a bug between Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour and BGQE.

If you give Halbazzer Drin the Spider Egg (Uknown Egg quest from BGQE) and harvest it's powers to create the spider helmet you automatically also get the improved elven chainmail from the Garrick mod (does not matter if you have the armor or Garrick in the party).

Attached Files

Edited by Vlan, 04 November 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#803 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Vlan, how exactly is this happening? Please elaborate. EDIT: And please tell me which chainmail you mean, I cannot see the Garrick mod (Tales of a Troubadour) introducing a custom elvan chainmail.

Edited by jastey, 04 November 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#804 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 12:36 AM

Vlan, how exactly is this happening? Please elaborate. EDIT: And please tell me which chainmail you mean, I cannot see the Garrick mod (Tales of a Troubadour) introducing a custom elvan chainmail.

The armor gets added with the BG1 NPC Project. The Garrick - Tales of a Troubadour mod builds up on the BG1NPC project and tries to edit / modify a certain state (insert a SetGlobal) but seems to modify the wrong one which is the reason why you'll get the armor.

x#garch2.itm

Called Bardic Chain.

You get the improved Bardic Chain when Halbazzer is working on the Egg item:

there are some short dialogues first

State 18/55
Very well. Let me take it... Quickly...
(StrRef:89314)

State 19/55
This will take just a moment.
(StrRef:89315)

State 20/55
...And a bit of baking...
(StrRef:89316)

TakePartyGold(1000)
SetGlobal("X#HalbTalk","LOCALS",2)
TakePartyItem("X#GARCH")
DestroyItem("X#GARCH")
TakePartyItem("MISC47")
DestroyItem("MISC47")
TakePartyItem("_MISC47")
DestroyItem("_MISC47")
GiveItemCreate("X#GARCH2",Player1,1,0,0)
SetGlobal("gtt#armuregarrick","GLOBAL",2)

State 21/55
Here it is... I had to force it a bit, and it is dead now. It has lost quite a lot of its power, and it... well, it doesn't look quite so attractive anymore. It's the best I could do.
(StrRef:89317)TakePartyGold(1200)

TakePartyGold(1200)
TakePartyItem("c#q04001") // Egg
DestroyItem("c#q04001") // Arnim
GiveItemCreate("C#Q04002",[PC],0,0,0) // Baby Wyvern
SetGlobal("C#Q04_WyvernDeliverer","GLOBAL",8)
EraseJournalEntry(89299) // The Unknown Egg  We met the mage that was supposed to get the egg "stone". He said some weird things, about a nasty surprise I would get if I won't show the egg to a powerful mage...
EraseJournalEntry(89318) // The Unknown Egg  I freed a delivery man that was held captive in a cave by a bandit training wyverns! He gave me some strange egglike stone. He said the mage who was supposed to get it might be still on his way to Baldur's Gate. Maybe I should return it to him.
EraseJournalEntry(89319) // The Unknown Egg  I freed a delivery man that was held captive in a cave by a bandit training wyverns! He gave me a prepared but still living egg of a wraith spider! He said the mage who was supposed to get it might be still on his way to Baldur's Gate. Maybe I should return it to him.

State 20 definitely should not have that script since there is another dialogue for creating the improved chainmail, also, there is a global set by the Garrick mod which the original Bardic Chain script does not have and that is why I suspect that the Garrick mod is the culprit (edited the wrong state).

State 31/55
There. Protection, style, service with a smile. It was good doing business with you, my <LADYLORD>.
(StrRef:104568)

TakePartyGold(1000)
TakePartyItem("X#GARCH")
DestroyItem("X#GARCH")
TakePartyItem("MISC47")
DestroyItem("MISC47")
TakePartyItem("_MISC47")
DestroyItem("_MISC47")

that state probably should get the

SetGlobal("gtt#armuregarrick","GLOBAL",2)

Edited by Vlan, 05 November 2014 - 03:52 AM.

#805 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Vlan: Indeed! Thank you for the very good find. It's in one of the mod "Tales of a Troubadour" d-files (armure.d):

ALTER_TRANS halbaz
BEGIN 19 END
BEGIN 0 END
BEGIN
    "ACTION" ~TakePartyGold(1000)
    TakePartyItem("X#GARCH")
    DestroyItem("X#GARCH")
    TakePartyItem("MISC47")
    DestroyItem("MISC47")
    TakePartyItem("_MISC47")
    DestroyItem("_MISC47")
    SetGlobal("gtt#armuregarrick","GLOBAL",2)~
END

So, the mod assumes that BG1NPC is installed as the firs mod adding dialogue statest, and then itself. If there is another mod installed before or after BG1NPC project, the numbers cannot match any more.

#806 mirandir

mirandir
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:03 AM

Hello,

I'm the author of the mod "Garrick : tales of a troubadour".

Vlan: Indeed! Thank you for the very good find. It's in one of the mod "Tales of a Troubadour" d-files (armure.d):

So, the mod assumes that BG1NPC is installed as the firs mod adding dialogue statest, and then itself. If there is another mod installed before or after BG1NPC project, the numbers cannot match any more.

This problem is already solved. You have to update "Garrick : tales of a troubadour" to the 1.22 version.

#807 Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus

Drama Queen

• 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

The link for BG1UB that BWS uses is dead, and has been for at least a few days. I also cannot find any alternative link for the 13-2 beta.

Edited by Bartimaeus, 07 November 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#808 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:25 AM

Got the following error while installing BWS for baldur's gate EE

D:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition>
WeiDU.exe "Setup-WeiDU.tp2" --game "." --language 0 --force-install-list 0 --quick-log --log "Setup-WeiDU.Debug"
[WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 23700

ERROR: The file [.\lang\cs_cz/dialog.tlk] cannot be written to. Perhaps it is in use by another process (close ShadowKeeper, all Infinity Engine games and editors, etc.). It may also be naturally read-only: use Windows Explorer and right-click on the file to pull up its properties. Make sure that the "read-only" box is NOT checked. Please fix this problem and try again.

FATAL ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(1, "access", ".\\lang\\cs_cz/dialog.tlk")

Press ENTER to exit.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#809 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:02 AM

You wouldn't get support with that. ;)
What's your games language, what language did you choose for modding, what's written in WeiDU.conf, is there a dialog-file in cs_sz, did you run the BWS with admin-rights, are there other tools/processes running/locking the file...?

Edited by dabus, 14 November 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#810 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:18 AM

Italian
Italian
got no weidu conf
There is a dialog.tlk, size 4.573 kb
Yes, admin rights
I don't think there was anything to block the process, and to be sincere it is the first time ever something like that happens to me, after like 40 times I installed BWS, maybe more.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#811 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

Ok

Ok

Odd. Should be creates, guess that's the reason for this failure - don't own an EE and don't know about WeiDU-errors in that regards.

Ok

Odd. I'd go bonkers after 10. :D

#812 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

Does someone know which mod adds Government District West to the game?

For some reasons my party needs 8 hours travel time to reach that part (whereas the other parts have 0).

(can I somehow change it to 0?)

Edited by Vlan, 15 November 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#813 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

It's fishing for trouble. My idea of why you shouldn't play it, though:

http://www.shsforums...d-fft/?p=571073

#814 -Sekaide-

-Sekaide-

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:17 AM

Error on installing BG Romantic Encounters:

Spoiler

It looks like a prompt ("Please select 1 or 2 and press enter") is being skipped or something?

#815 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

Yes. But you can install the mod/component yourself and resume the install. The installed mod/component will be skipped then.

#816 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 03:10 AM

Yes. But you can install the mod/component yourself and resume the install. The installed mod/component will be skipped then.

Hey Dabus, could you please clarify? Do you mean it would work if, when getting "failed to install" error during normal course of BWS, I'll alt-tab to BG folder, install mod in question manually, return back to BWS and pick "continue"? You sure it wouldn't break some intricate dependencies within BWS?

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#817 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:04 AM

Got a question.

I remember that in the old version of BWs, I was asked if I wanted to download the Stratagems fix

Does it get automatically downloaded now in the most recent version ?

Edit: may I ask why you still didn't add the BG1npc project mod to BWS?

http://forum.baldurs...#Comment_583095

Edited by Sergio, 29 November 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#818 -Sekaide-

-Sekaide-

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

Error installing Aran Whitehand NPC (setup-aranw.exe):

Spoiler

Failure("Unknown macro: chooseasoundtrack")

#819 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:33 AM

@Creepin: Would be bad if it would. The install process just looks for each action in the BiG World Setup\Config\XYZ\Select.txt. And if the action is the installation of a component, it looks out if it's already been installed and skips it on a positive test, which would be reading the games WeiDU.log beforehand.

It's better than uninstalling a bunch of mods and reinstalling again if the BWS configuration contains errors or someone wants to install stuff slightly different than expected. The only possible error would be someone who installs subcomponents in a different way than the BWS expects, but I guess that's a minor downside - if you could even call it a flaw.

@Sergio: Solution / description can be found above. The BWS configuration does not include the latest addition question (subcomponent).

Edited by dabus, 01 December 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#820 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Dabus, thanks a lot! Your approach looks much easier than reinstalling whole BWS when something coughs along the way. I always wondered if it will work, just never actually tried before now :)

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)